AssemblyBoard
April 19, 2024, 12:45:23 pm *
The board has been closed to new content. It is available as a searchable archive only. This information will remain available indefinitely.

I can be reached at brian@tucker.name

For a repository of informational articles and current information on The Assembly, see http://www.geftakysassembly.com

Home   Search  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: deleted thread  (Read 6116 times)
brian

Email
« on: June 01, 2006, 09:23:23 pm »

i deleted the david mauldin thread. it seemed to me it was just bickering. if this bothers any of you, let me know and we can talk about it.

david is an emotional, enthusiastic fellow who thinks with his heart more than his head. often the points he makes are more emotional then logical, but i don't think that baiting him and mocking him are good responses.

david, this is a bb full of conservative christians. if you come on here with emotional attacks on christianity and christians, don't be surprised if people get offended and angry with you. if you want to discuss things on here, thats fine, but do it respectfully.

brian
moonflower2

Email
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2006, 07:55:48 am »

i deleted the david mauldin thread. it seemed to me it was just bickering. if this bothers any of you, let me know and we can talk about it.

david is an emotional, enthusiastic fellow who thinks with his heart more than his head. often the points he makes are more emotional then logical, but i don't think that baiting him and mocking him are good responses.

david, this is a bb full of conservative christians. if you come on here with emotional attacks on christianity and christians, don't be surprised if people get offended and angry with you. if you want to discuss things on here, thats fine, but do it respectfully.

brian

I'm fine with your deletions, but I didn't see where anyone was "baiting" him. If he is going to poke fun and have a negative poll regarding the posters here, I don't see anything wrong with "helping" him to see that that is what he is doing by having a reverse poll on him. I, for one, was certainly NOT baiting him by the reverse poll or by my reply to him when he said, "Okay, moonflower, let's talk".

Did I miss something here? Maybe some posts that were deleted before I could read them?

BTW, I think you are doing a fine job here.

Moonflower
brian

Email
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2006, 10:09:14 am »

If he is going to poke fun and have a negative poll regarding the posters here, I don't see anything wrong with "helping" him to see that that is what he is doing by having a reverse poll on him.

i can see your point, and i'm sure you meant it in a friendly teasing sort of way, but i don't think thats how it came across to david. it seemed to be turning into a fight, and i just didn't see it going anywhere productive. thanks for being a good sport about it.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: