AssemblyBoard
April 19, 2024, 03:57:54 pm *
The board has been closed to new content. It is available as a searchable archive only. This information will remain available indefinitely.

I can be reached at brian@tucker.name

For a repository of informational articles and current information on The Assembly, see http://www.geftakysassembly.com

Home   Search  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: member banned  (Read 6899 times)
brian

Email
« on: March 20, 2006, 08:55:10 am »

i have banned david mauldin for one week due to the use of inappropriate language. i know you were being given a hard time david, but you just can't use that kind of language on here.

brian
matthew r. sciaini

Email
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2006, 11:27:37 pm »

Brian:

For what post did you ban Dave Mauldin?  I looked at his last ten posts and did not find any curse words or anything like that.

Is it because he was "foaming out his own shame"  by mentioning that he wrote a post while he was drunk?

All he is doing is embarrassing himself.   Even if the majority of posters here think that he is an irritating noise in the discussion, it doesn't seem that this is sufficient cause for banning him from the post, even for a week.

And, by the way, what kind of punishment is that?  His last major gap between posts was about six weeks.  What good would a week off do?  Is this symbolic, to appease members of the GA bulletin board "community"?   

I am curious to discover the answers to my questions.

Matt Sciaini
Oscar

Email
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2006, 05:35:33 am »

i have banned david mauldin for one week due to the use of inappropriate language. i know you were being given a hard time david, but you just can't use that kind of language on here.

brian

Matt S.

Brian says he banned Dave for using "inappropriate language".   To most folks, that means he was cussing. 

I have not seen the post that got Dave banned.  So, it seems to me that Brian must have deleted it.  Unless Brian has some features on his delete feature I don't know about, when something is deleted, it is gone permanently.

So, my take is that Dave didn't like what had been posted, cussed about it, and got deleted.

Thomas Maddux
brian

Email
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2006, 10:52:54 am »

For what post did you ban Dave Mauldin? I looked at his last ten posts and did not find any curse words or anything like that.

i deleted the post. it was clearly way over the line for this bb.

And, by the way, what kind of punishment is that? His last major gap between posts was about six weeks. What good would a week off do? Is this symbolic, to appease members of the GA bulletin board "community"?

i just made it up as a slap on the wrist. we'll see what good it does.

brian
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: