AssemblyBoard
May 02, 2024, 03:30:06 am *
The board has been closed to new content. It is available as a searchable archive only. This information will remain available indefinitely.

I can be reached at brian@tucker.name

For a repository of informational articles and current information on The Assembly, see http://www.geftakysassembly.com

Home   Search  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: tis the season for...  (Read 8989 times)
brian

Email
« Reply #15 on: December 15, 2005, 09:03:34 am »

thanks!  Smiley  i really enjoy photography, in an amateur self-taught hobby sort of way.

verne, you asked about exposure settings. it was on auto, with the flash. here is what canon thought the right exposure would be:
1/60s, f/2.8, ccd width 5.69mm, focal length 5.8mm (no filter). i took it with my canon sd300 i mentioned on another thread.

i took a couple shots without flash, and one with. the ones without flash are the more classic "snowy city" shot, included below for comparison. personally i like the more chaotic effect of the flash bouncing off of the snow, and the way it oranged up the lighting.
al Hartman

Email
« Reply #16 on: December 15, 2005, 12:42:03 pm »

Tough call, Brian-- they're both great scenes, each in its own way.  I might print & frame one of each if you wouldn't mind...
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: