AssemblyBoard
April 18, 2024, 08:48:43 am *
The board has been closed to new content. It is available as a searchable archive only. This information will remain available indefinitely.

I can be reached at brian@tucker.name

For a repository of informational articles and current information on The Assembly, see http://www.geftakysassembly.com

Home   Search  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: ATTN. LEADING BROTHERS  (Read 7946 times)
Seeker
« on: October 31, 2005, 06:00:26 am »

Will any of you former leading brothers who visit this site and never contribute, ever share anything of your experiences. Yes you were pawns and many times goons who spread and protected the false teachings of George Geftakys. George no longer has any power over you, you no longer need to be afraid.

Seeker
Oscar

Email
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2005, 11:17:49 am »

Will any of you former leading brothers who visit this site and never contribute, ever share anything of your experiences. Yes you were pawns and many times goons who spread and protected the false teachings of George Geftakys. George no longer has any power over you, you no longer need to be afraid.

Seeker

Seeker,

Doesn't it seem a little odd for someone who does not reveal his identity to demand that others bare their souls?

Thomas Maddux
Seeker
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2005, 04:44:18 am »

Seeker,

Doesn't it seem a little odd for someone who does not reveal his identity to demand that others bare their souls?

Thomas Maddux

Tom,
You're funny, my soul was bared to the leading brothers and details of my life in the workers meetings.
Personal matters that were mine , were intruded upon by leading brothers. I find it odd that you don't want them to explain how and why these they were taught to behave in this manner. I only want to understand why. My heart was stomped on.
Believe it or not, it would help me.

Seeker
al Hartman

Email
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2005, 06:28:20 am »

Seeker

Seeker,

The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom.  The fear of anything else is delusion.  Just because those who you address don't need to feel afraid of GG & the assy any more (they/we never really did need to) doesn't free them.  Until we realize the freedom from worldly fears that we have in Christ, we are captives to our emotions & imaginations.  I very much appreciate your appeal to former LBs, and I hope someone responds.  But we'd best not hold our breath...

As to Tom's observation, I have tried to always respect individual posters' reasons for anonymity, but have only had a vague idea of what they may be.  Could you (without specific details, obviously) explain why you don't want your name to be known?  I would be obliged...

al
Oscar

Email
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2005, 11:49:32 am »

Seeker,

Tom,
You're funny, my soul was bared to the leading brothers and details of my life in the workers meetings.
Personal matters that were mine , were intruded upon by leading brothers.

It happened to many of us.  I don't recall its being much fun either.

The BB offers you the opportunity to tell your story; to name names and cite specific incidents. 

Do you care that much?

I find it odd that you don't want them to explain how and why these they were taught to behave in this manner.

I don't want them to explain why?   That is news to me.   Of course you are assuming that they understand why. 

I suspect that many of them have not even admitted that they did anything wrong.  Steve Irons published a general confession of wrongdoing and apology. Folks like Mark Campbell, myself, Brent and a couple of others who left long before the fall have spoken openly of our share in it.  There has been much discussion on these boards about the what and the why of our involvement.

Many of the resources  on the Iron's website address the reasons underlying cultic groups, their leaders and their members.

I only want to understand why. My heart was stomped on.
Believe it or not, it would help me.

While I also think it would help, I doubt if you will ever receive any admissions of wrongdoing or apologies from those involved.  You might have some success by personal contact.  But in general I wouldn't hold my breath if I were you. 

It is more helpful to understand your own involvement and learn from those insights than to wish for what you will probably never receive.

Blessings,

Thomas Maddux
Seeker
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2005, 09:16:12 pm »

Seeker,

As to Tom's observation, I have tried to always respect individual posters' reasons for anonymity, but have only had a vague idea of what they may be.  Could you (without specific details, obviously) explain why you don't want your name to be known?  I would be obliged...

al

Al,
 After 30 years of publicly carrying the stigma of being involved with a cult, anonymity on a public forum henceforth cuts the ties of my name with the cult and George Geftakys.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: