AssemblyBoard
April 24, 2024, 10:48:36 am *
The board has been closed to new content. It is available as a searchable archive only. This information will remain available indefinitely.

I can be reached at brian@tucker.name

For a repository of informational articles and current information on The Assembly, see http://www.geftakysassembly.com

Home   Search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  
Author Topic: Christmas decorations  (Read 23297 times)
Oscar

Email
« Reply #30 on: December 08, 2005, 03:13:06 am »

Hey, does anyone know what the pagans did with their cats after they set up their xmass trees?

I'll bite.  What did they do?

Thomas Maddux
Joe Sperling

Email
« Reply #31 on: December 08, 2005, 04:14:40 am »

Did they skin them, and decorate the tree with their pelts.turning the fir trees into fur trees?
moonflower2

Email
« Reply #32 on: December 08, 2005, 06:06:36 am »

I don't know what they did, but I'm going to bring my tree back to Walmart while I can still get some money for it.  Grin It hasn't even been a week, yet.

One night my cat knocked the tree over and was sleeping in the branches.  Grin

Each morning there are fewer ornaments on the tree. She even likes the nutcracker soldiers, but especially the round ornaments. Glad I didn't spend over 1.00 for any of them. Dollar store had 12 round reds for 1.00, candycanes 6/1.00. Walmart had soldiers and trumpets 1/1.00.

Any pagans wanting to post their address (or pm it) can have them in the mail this week. 3-foot trees are only  10.00 at Walmart. I've seen wooden chairs there, too.

vernecarty
« Reply #33 on: December 08, 2005, 06:53:59 am »

Hey, does anyone know what the pagans did with their cats after they set up their xmass trees?

Yeah...they catapulted 'em... Grin
Verne
Eulaha L. Long

Email
« Reply #34 on: December 08, 2005, 08:22:33 am »

I bought a 3-ft mini Christmas Tree at a dollar store, as well as the tiny ornaments to go on it, including white mini lights.  It is just beautiful!  I have a little red tree skirt around the base, and tiny "presents" with colorful bows on them.  It's my first tree.  Although I do not worship trees, I do enjoy the loveliness of it.   Smiley

At night, I keep Glade candles burning (the ones with Thomas Kincaid scenes).  My favorite scents are "apple-cinnamon" and "pumkpin pie".
Oscar

Email
« Reply #35 on: December 08, 2005, 08:38:14 am »

Two weeks ago my daughter Grace and her husband David wanted to borrow the truck and camper so I loaded it on my truck. Because of this I can't do what I did last year when I outlined the camper with lights.

So, I have it backed into the driveway with the overhead window facing the street.  I put some dark towels and curtains inside around the window area, and then I put one of those sparkly plastic balls that have dozens of little lights on them up against the window. 

That way, I can keep my membership in the COC current.  (California Okies Club).

Blessings,

Thomas Maddux
al Hartman

Email
« Reply #36 on: December 08, 2005, 10:59:52 pm »

Two weeks ago my daughter Grace and her husband David wanted to borrow the truck and camper so I loaded it on my truck. Because of this I can't do what I did last year when I outlined the camper with lights.

So, I have it backed into the driveway with the overhead window facing the street.  I put some dark towels and curtains inside around the window area, and then I put one of those sparkly plastic balls that have dozens of little lights on them up against the window. 

That way, I can keep my membership in the COC current.  (California Okies Club).

Blessings,

Thomas Maddux

Tom,

Something tells me I would love this story if I understood it...

If you loaned out the truck and the camper, what is the "it" that sits decorated in your driveway Huh

al
Elizabeth H

Email
« Reply #37 on: December 09, 2005, 12:00:55 am »

Tom, I had no idea you were such a redneck!  Wink  Grin
outdeep

Email
« Reply #38 on: December 15, 2005, 08:33:08 pm »

Years ago, we gracefully dealt with the issue of Santa Clause in our home.  See attached picture.
Oscar

Email
« Reply #39 on: December 15, 2005, 09:08:45 pm »

Huh?

In the past I have viewed the pictures posted on the BB.  Now I cannot. 

I get a screen that informs me that I am not allowed to open attachments. 

If I recall correctly, this has happened to others in the past. 

So, how can this be corrected?

Thomas Maddux
al Hartman

Email
« Reply #40 on: December 15, 2005, 09:38:08 pm »

Huh?

I get a screen that informs me that I am not allowed to open attachments. 

If I recall correctly, this has happened to others in the past. 

So, how can this be corrected?

Thomas Maddux

Tom, I have fwd'd your message to the tech support board, and IM'd it to Brian as well.

Who's going to take care of you when I'm gone?  Huh Huh Huh

Cheesy al  Grin
brian

Email
« Reply #41 on: December 17, 2005, 11:16:56 pm »

sorry about that. attachment permissions had gotten messed up. it should work for everyone now. let me know if you have any more troubles with it.

brian
thomasson

Email
« Reply #42 on: December 22, 2005, 04:04:55 am »

I have a couple of years before I have to deal with this issue with my grand daughter.  So I will take the lazy way out and not buy any presents or put up a Christmas tree until then Kiss
al Hartman

Email
« Reply #43 on: December 22, 2005, 04:36:42 am »

I have a couple of years before I have to deal with this issue with my grand daughter.  So I will take the lazy way out and not buy any presents or put up a Christmas tree until then Kiss

A beautiful child, who looks quite alert-- I give you one more year, tops, before the tree must go up & the presents begin...

Wink al
vernecarty
« Reply #44 on: December 24, 2005, 06:51:51 pm »

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!
THANKS BE TO GOD FOR HIS UNSPEAKABLE GIFT!!!!
Verne, Montse, Anna (left),Christina
« Last Edit: December 24, 2005, 06:59:05 pm by VerneCarty » Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  

Jump to: