AssemblyBoard
May 18, 2024, 06:41:41 am *
The board has been closed to new content. It is available as a searchable archive only. This information will remain available indefinitely.

I can be reached at brian@tucker.name

For a repository of informational articles and current information on The Assembly, see http://www.geftakysassembly.com

Home   Search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10
  Print  
Author Topic: Why Luke Robinson May Become a Future Assembly Leader  (Read 78166 times)
MGov

Email
« Reply #75 on: May 01, 2003, 09:18:14 am »

Verne,

I disagree with your method of exhortation.

M
MGov

Email
« Reply #76 on: May 01, 2003, 09:41:09 am »

It looks like a number of us are suffering from 'foot in mouth disease'.  Only in this case, when we open our mouths to take one foot out, we very quickly put the other one in.

The apostle Peter suffered from this condition, but in the end, 2 of his epistles are recorded in the Word for our edification.

So there's hope for all of us, but whose going to take the first step and give up on disputing. The older, or the younger; the male or the female; the black or the white(sorry if this sounds racist, it is not intended to be); the assemblyite or the ex-assemblyite ... and whatever other disputes pairs there are on this thread.  One thing is for sure,  Luke is rejoicing anyway, and he has become very famous.

That's all for now,
M
Matt

Email
« Reply #77 on: May 01, 2003, 10:49:22 am »

This is one of the clearest clinical cases of deep psychosis I have seen in some time. Matt you are desperately in need of professional help; you ought to seek it...
Verne

Verne, welcome to Scumville, CaLi. Population: 3. This last census has listed the residents (in alphabetical order) as: Verne Carty, Eulaha Long, Matt Peeling. So now you are down here with me too! Glad to have you here neighbor!

The moderators: Brian, Brent, Al, MarkC. See if you can match the name to the quotation.

"Email Luke & ask him what he has learned from Verne."

"Verne Carty is a brother of class and grace"

"Verne is probably 40+(I don't really know)  The lord (in His word) desires you to be respectful."

"i honestly think you have misinterpreted verne's posts"

"he is honorable"

This is the man that you have praised? This is the man to whom I should turn for instruction? This is the man with "class, grace, honor"? The man who commands respect?! What kind of moderators are you? Well there's no "misinterpreting" his posts now. It's quite clear what Mr. Carty thinks of me, sirs.

I don't claim to be a perfect brother. I know that I'm not glorifying the Lord on this board. But to say that I'm similar to George Geftakys? No, sir - that's ridiculous. Too bad you aren't here to say these things to my face, Carty, or I'd bust out a can of whoop ass on ya. Now why don't you turn your attention to the real psychos (Laurie and Eulaha) and stop trying to get...hmm...what's the word that you used Brent? "fray"? Why don't you stop trying to get in a fray with me? (And, no, Brent, I don't feel that I tried to get him in a fray)

« Last Edit: May 01, 2003, 10:52:09 am by Matt » Logged
Matt

Email
« Reply #78 on: May 01, 2003, 11:07:12 am »

Matt:
Now is not the time for your attempts at garnering sympathy...you have a serious problem and you need help. Let the record show that you were duly advised...
Verne

Well if it's advice coming from you, sir, I'll remember that it will behoove me to do the exact opposite. You want something out of me and then do exactly what you don't want me to do. Maybe you are more like George? hmmm? I
Matt

Email
« Reply #79 on: May 01, 2003, 11:21:37 am »

I don't claim to be a perfect brother. I know that I'm not glorifying the Lord on this board. But to say that I'm similar to George Geftakys? No, sir - that's ridiculous.

I KNOW THAT I'M NOT GLORIFYING THE LORD ON THIS BOARD. Does that answer your question, Verne? Are you glorifying Him with all of your posts?
Matt

Email
« Reply #80 on: May 01, 2003, 11:36:28 am »

Matt you need help; you clearly will not accept it from any here...find it!
Verne

Help? Verne, you're not trying to help me, you're trying to agitate me. You're unbelievable, Verne. You've been known to get in fights on this board, I just wish you'd do it with things that directly involve you.
Matt

Email
« Reply #81 on: May 01, 2003, 11:44:08 am »

I am not sure I can help Matt; for anyone to read what you have written here and not say it is unacceptable is certainly not helping you. Are you the only one who cannot acknowledge wrong doing?
Verne
Am I to believe what I am reading?! You did the exact same thing I did (I called Eulaha and Laurie psycho, you call me psycho) and then get in tit for tat exchange with me...and you want ME to acknowledge wrong doing? Moderators, please do not ever tell me again that this is a "respectable" man of "class, grace, honor." Don't ruin your credibility as moderators.
Matt

Email
« Reply #82 on: May 01, 2003, 11:48:28 am »

Have you noticed the focus on me, as opposed to the things you have said?
Verne

Probably because I see through the hypocrisy, Verne. You've ruined your credibilty already. Time for you to step down and let another brother share his thoughts on this thread.
Matt

Email
« Reply #83 on: May 01, 2003, 12:04:56 pm »

What credibility?  Do you think I am trying to impress you???!!
I repeat, what about the nasty litany you have unloaded on this thread...?
Verne
No, but I can't trust anything you say because you are steeped in hypocrisy. You condemn me for doing something and then do it yourself. I can't imagine you are doing all of this out of concern for anyone in particular or out of service for Him. This is a matter of pride with you. I don't see you as some of the brothers have described you. I don't see you as someone mature. Even I can tell that you are not ready to exhort someone. Therefore, as I don't view you as an authoritative source, any continued dialog with me on this thread will be your admission that you are here to fight as a matter of pride with me. I will humor you, as I can sense that you want to fight. But I'm going to bed so it will have to wait until tomorrow. Good night everyone, Lord bless.
Lurker

Email
« Reply #84 on: May 01, 2003, 08:46:58 pm »

Matt says:
No, but I can't trust anything you say because you are steeped in hypocrisy. You condemn me for doing something and then do it yourself. I can't imagine you are doing all of this out of concern for anyone in particular or out of service for Him. This is a matter of pride with you.

And then, in the next breath...

good night. Lord bless
Huh Huh

Seriously, I mean this.  This is really embarrasing.  It is obvious to everyone that people from the Assembly have some real problems, some more than others.  The fact that Matt still goes to an Assembly bible study, and feels that he learned "real love" there only proves my point.

That the rest of you were foolish enough to stay there for decades Shocked reinforces this fact.

May I make an observation?

I'll wager that most people here recognize that Matt needs some serious help.  I also think that Matt can get some help on this board, and especially on the other website, where all the articles are.  However, no one is going to get any help until we stop this foolishness.

My suggestion is to just stop responding to this nonsense.  If someone posts that a person is a "self centered jerk," as has been done, or that another is psychotic, just ignore it.  

Most normal people would sit up and take notice if someone calls them psychotic, or self centered.  However, on this board, the dysfunctional members, instead of checking themselves, only continue to rant!  I am speaking specifically to those who are doing the talking.  

Matt, you amaze me, and although I pity you, and pray for your salvation, I am not going to speak kindly to you for the words you put here.  You are wrong, especially lately.  I prophecy that if you display this kind of behavior in the "real" world, you will have great difficulty, in the work place, and especially if you should ever have a family.  This just isn't normal, polite, or civil dialogue, let alone Christian dialogue.  Don't yield your members to this unrighteousness any longer.  

Verne, mostly you just quote Matt, but by trying to reason with this young man, you are only provoking him to more folly.  You have not stooped anywhere near to Matt's level, and anyone who has been on this board for a few months knows that you never say things like you have said until the offense becomes very grievous indeed.  Notwithstanding,  Matt doesn't deserve your entreaty.  He does deserve to be warned regarding his speech, which I think has been done repeatedly.  Reject a divisive man after the first or second admonition.

Matt, can you please share you testimony with us?  Tell us how you came to Christ, and how you received the gospel of God's grace?

perhaps not luking so much.....

Matt

Email
« Reply #85 on: May 01, 2003, 10:39:01 pm »

It is obvious to everyone that people from the Assembly have some real problems, some more than others.  The fact that Matt still goes to an Assembly bible study, and feels that he learned "real love" there only proves my point.

Matt, you amaze me, and although I pity you, and pray for your salvation,

Lurker:
The fact that Matt still goes to an Assembly Bible study? There is no assembly still meeting within a 2 hr radius of me. Dave Lee and Ken Willadsen (FORMER assemblyites of the San Diego assembly) hold the Bible Study, but they don't go to any assembly anymore. Almost everyone at that Bible Study goes to a different church. If you must know, yes, the format is still typical of an assembly Bible study. Chapter summaries, singing from Hymns and Spiritual Songs, open prayer, etc. But none of those things are wrong or indicative of any wrong-doings of the assembly.

Point 2:
I think you need to really examine what salvation is. It's the acceptance of grace, it's the repentance of sin. It is NOT perfect behavior. If someone gets involved in a fight...even something much worse than this thread...does that mean he is no longer saved?

"For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek." Ro 1:16

"For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation." Ro 10:10

" For the grace of God that bringeth salvation hath appeared to all men" Tit 2:11

It is by grace, brother, that we are saved. It's not by works or by behavior. Nothing we can do can get us saved. HE did everything for us. Maybe you are trapped in some kind of doctrine that emphasizes works as a basis of salvation? I don't need you to speak "kind words" to me, by the way. You can tell me anything you want.
- Matt
Eulaha L. Long

Email
« Reply #86 on: May 01, 2003, 10:54:46 pm »

Matt, from reading your posts, you prove to be a very immature person.  I hope you grow up one day.  Name-calling is so pre-school-ish.  I have never called you any names, why are you calling me dumb?  Actually I am a college graduate and quite intelligent.
Eulaha L. Long

Email
« Reply #87 on: May 01, 2003, 11:02:36 pm »

Wow, I also read I'm from Scumville and that I'm a psycho.  Wow Matt.  Seems like you're the immature one-again.  I suggest you take some time from this bulletin board and go to "Bulletin Board Anger Management" classes.  You are either really bored or you're in some serious need of psychological help.

Hey Laurie, how are you?  The next time little Matt tries to offend you, tell him "I'm rubber and you're glue.  What you say bounes off of me and sticks to you!"!  He seems to enjoy dealing with people in a childing manner;why not charge him with this childish saying! Grin

Verne, Matt is not worth arguing over.  He is making you upset, and I see where you're coming from.  You are a good person.  Keep a smile on your face and thank God everyday for the maturity and clarity of mind that God has given you.  You don't have to responds to the likes of people who want to argue. Wink
Laurie

Email
« Reply #88 on: May 01, 2003, 11:38:44 pm »

I am a little ashamed that no one else on the BB had the integrity to oppose Matt's thuggish conduct. I have found myself in this positon before when Luke mercilessly attacked Brent and everyone stupidly stood by and made lame excuses...thanks for the note.
Verne

Verne, I hope you will not mind me quoting this Private Message. It's of vital importance though that this not be internalized.

I agree with you Eulaha. People, don't make the same mistake as when Luke attacked Brent. Give Verne support, he is on God's side and he is here to promote healing. He has sound clarity of mind and he is here to promote justice.

Matt and Luke: Yes, the correct term for what I told you two boys to do is called "hyperbole." Stop hurting other people, especially women. Matt, you frighten me because you appear to defend the assembly system. You've been brainwashed and can't extricate yourself from this cult. You two boys need counseling to help you sort out these harmful beliefs you have. It's very hard to see you two boys suffering: so young and yet forced to hurt other people like Eulaha for your beliefs. Eulaha has never been anything but kind to both you boys. And you treated her very cruelly. Is it because she is a woman and in your assembly mindset, you think you need to intimidate her into a "submissive woman."?
Laurie

Email
« Reply #89 on: May 01, 2003, 11:38:56 pm »

I am a little ashamed that no one else on the BB had the integrity to oppose Matt's thuggish conduct. I have found myself in this positon before when Luke mercilessly attacked Brent and everyone stupidly stood by and made lame excuses...thanks for the note.
Verne

Verne, I hope you will not mind me quoting this Private Message. It's of vital importance though that this not be internalized.

I agree with you Eulaha. People, don't make the same mistake as when Luke attacked Brent. Give Verne support, he is on God's side and he is here to promote healing. He has sound clarity of mind and he is here to promote justice.

Matt and Luke: Yes, the correct term for what I told you two boys to do is called "hyperbole." Stop hurting other people, especially women. Matt, you frighten me because you appear to defend the assembly system. You've been brainwashed and can't extricate yourself from this cult. You two boys need counseling to help you sort out these harmful beliefs you have. It's very hard to see you two boys suffering: so young and yet forced to hurt other people like Eulaha for your beliefs. Eulaha has never been anything but kind to both you boys. And you treated her very cruelly. Is it because she is a woman and in your assembly mindset, you think you need to intimidate her into a "submissive woman."?
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10
  Print  

Jump to: