AssemblyBoard
May 19, 2024, 09:53:47 am *
The board has been closed to new content. It is available as a searchable archive only. This information will remain available indefinitely.

I can be reached at brian@tucker.name

For a repository of informational articles and current information on The Assembly, see http://www.geftakysassembly.com

Home   Search  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Brent is George, George is Brent.  (Read 11840 times)
Mark Kisla
« Reply #15 on: May 05, 2005, 03:18:05 am »

I look at this BB as pretty much the one forum where I can talk about things that can't be said elsewhere.  Where else can you talk about the Assembly without people thinking you are bizarre and wanting to avoid you?  Not many places, and even if you found a small group were people were willing to listen, after a while they'd get pretty tired of it, don't you think?   

We are a small group, totally unique, as ex-assembly people.  This is a BB, and as such it's not a dinner party.  The same rules don't apply. 

Most importantly the old assembly rules don't apply here. If you have the need to tell someone to 'kiss my grits' without going off the deep end you can.
I have enjoyed the different points of veiw shared here from different people who experienced involvement in the assembly. This place is not my church or where I find direction in life, it's a opportunity to hear opinions from people I otherwise never would. I think this is a good thing.

PS I think comparing George to Brent is funny because the idea is so bizarre.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2005, 03:31:23 am by Mark Kisla » Logged
matthew r. sciaini

Email
« Reply #16 on: May 05, 2005, 08:08:33 am »

At a dinner party, you would never hear me talk this way, ever.  There is a time for politeness and less crassness.  Same with Sunday morning at church, at work, at pretty much every public gathering.  Manners and etiquiette are super important.  Brown nosing the boss, small talk, smiling at someone when they tell you about their recent divorce party, chuckling along when you hear about how drunk so and so got, all of that is part of being decent and polite.

Brent:

At the risk of being ignored and putting my foot in my mouth again,  I would like to venture some words.

I don't think that the last two instances you shared are manners and etiquette, necessarily......

Perhaps cowardice and duplicity....

Matt Sciaini
moonflower2

Email
« Reply #17 on: May 05, 2005, 08:42:47 am »

At a dinner party, you would never hear me talk this way, ever.  There is a time for politeness and less crassness.  Same with Sunday morning at church, at work, at pretty much every public gathering.  Manners and etiquiette are super important.  Brown nosing the boss, small talk, smiling at someone when they tell you about their recent divorce party, chuckling along when you hear about how drunk so and so got, all of that is part of being decent and polite.

Brent:

At the risk of being ignored and putting my foot in my mouth again,  I would like to venture some words.

I don't think that the last two instances you shared are manners and etiquette, necessarily......

Matt Sciaini

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
editor
« Reply #18 on: May 05, 2005, 12:30:13 pm »

Brent:

Matt Sciaini

If you mean to say that condoning such activity is wrong, I coudn't agree more.
The spirit of my post was that there are times when a person needs to speak up, even if it's not "polite," or "decent."

Nevertheless, I don't laugh or smile at a person who glories in their sin.  I also stand by in silence 99% of the time when I am in a social setting and this sort of thing takes place.  It's polite to do so, and to do otherwise is rude.

If someone tells me about their divorce party (which has happened) I respond by saying, "I'm sorry that your marriage didn't work out, or remain silent."  If it's a christian (has never happened) I'd say something different.

Hopefully people understand what I am trying to say.  Politeness only goes so far.  It is always impolite, and rarely well received to tell somone they are going to hell...yet Jesus did it, and He is the Love of God personified.

On the other hand, if we walk around spouting god-talk all the time, that's just rude.  We assembly people were always incredibly dense when it came to social grace.

BAT
matthew r. sciaini

Email
« Reply #19 on: May 07, 2005, 11:47:01 pm »

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Belfry:

Humor me.  Why were you shouting via e-mail?  I'm perfectly willing to be skewered on-line.  I doubt that I even know you, and if I do, so what?  Perhaps we laugh it off later over some refreshments.

Matt Sciaini
moonflower2

Email
« Reply #20 on: May 07, 2005, 11:59:27 pm »

Belfry:

Humor me.  Why were you shouting via e-mail?  I'm perfectly willing to be skewered on-line.  I doubt that I even know you, and if I do, so what?  Perhaps we laugh it off later over some refreshments.

Matt Sciaini

Hi Matt,

I was just reacting to an old assembly reaction of yours to Brent's reaction to the reactions of Lenore's reactions to Brent's reaction to Lenore's reaction to Brent's original reaction to welfare as we know it and to the responses against Brent's reactions to Lenore's responses.

Brent, who is my vicarious mouthpiece, covered it all pretty well in his response to your response to his response to negative input from responses from others responding to his responses to Lenore's responses to Brent's view of welfare as we know it.

FYI, he is feeding among the Lilies today.

Moonie  Smiley

Joe Sperling

Email
« Reply #21 on: May 10, 2005, 12:44:01 am »

Belfry---

Great explanation!! Grin

--Joe
matthew r. sciaini

Email
« Reply #22 on: May 11, 2005, 07:21:36 am »

Belfry/Moonie-----

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Matt Sciaini
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: