AssemblyBoard
May 06, 2024, 09:54:48 pm *
The board has been closed to new content. It is available as a searchable archive only. This information will remain available indefinitely.

I can be reached at brian@tucker.name

For a repository of informational articles and current information on The Assembly, see http://www.geftakysassembly.com

Home   Search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  
Author Topic: A Little Leaven  (Read 17421 times)
al Hartman

Email
« Reply #30 on: April 04, 2004, 04:40:50 am »

Can you print some of these on cards that we can tuck into our Bibles like we did the old Selfer's Prayer?  Grin

Seriously, I like this.

I know, it reads like a legal document Roll Eyes, but the points are all too important to be overlooked or sidestepped.

I had been thinking of a couple of TV programs in which lawyers had been found to have been practicing under fictitious or improperly obtained licenses.  In both situations, all cases in which the false attorneys had participated had to be judicially reviewed and, in some the decisions had to be voided or reversed, or the cases had to be retried.
     If legal counsel is only valid when provided by someone who has been properly trained, tested and approved by established and recognized authorities, how much more must it be crucial for those giving spiritual counsel to have been instructed by godly, righteous teachers and to have been examined and gained the approval and recognition of those who are proven servants of God?!!

There is a certain resposibility attached to posting on the BB, but this is an open forum which has no officially recognized pastors, teachers, deacons, elders, etc.  Each one of us may post according to our conscience, and we each will answer to the Lord for our decisions as all must, in all things.  
     But to accept and/or seek position/recognition at the head of God's people is an awesome responsibility, never to be lightly undertaken or carelessly entered into.  The true leader must be the servant of all.

We have all served time, incarcerated in a place where black was called white, and light was obscured by darkness, and we must deal severely, each of us with himself, to assure that we (I) am not participant in another such deluded and shameful abuse of God's people.  We must be vigilant to keep ourselves pure before God, and to help each other through intercession in prayer, word and deed to live righteously in the liberty Christ has purchased for us at such unthinkable cost.

al Hartman

Oscar

Email
« Reply #31 on: April 04, 2004, 08:09:13 am »

Al,

Ya know, there's a couple of folks posting on this board that didn't just get back on the Bible bus a couple of months ago.

Are you recommending a life sentence, or does one get time off for good behavior?

Thomas Maddux
al Hartman

Email
« Reply #32 on: April 04, 2004, 09:18:36 am »

Al,

Ya know, there's a couple of folks posting on this board that didn't just get back on the Bible bus a couple of months ago.

Are you recommending a life sentence, or does one get time off for good behavior?

Thomas Maddux

Thanks, Tom-- Excellent point!  Please allow me to rephrase:  It is a thing that needs to have been done, once and for all, in each of our lives.
     Many (not necessarily those on this BB, but those about whom they post) apparently haven't taken stock of themselves and need to.  If you haven't done it, do it.  If you have done it, it is done-- just take care to not undo it.

Your question, Tom, reminds me of an incident a dear old pentecostal minister, Dr. Willard Pearce, told me of years ago:  He met with his longtime friend, a baptist minister, after not having seen each other for many years.      
     "Well, Willard," his friend asked, "Are you still singing 'Ye must be born again... and again... and again... '?"

(Yeah, I know-- there's no real connection...  
                              I just wanted an excuse to tell it!  Grin)

:Dal

Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  

Jump to: