AssemblyBoard
May 19, 2024, 01:09:23 pm *
The board has been closed to new content. It is available as a searchable archive only. This information will remain available indefinitely.

I can be reached at brian@tucker.name

For a repository of informational articles and current information on The Assembly, see http://www.geftakysassembly.com

Home   Search  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Job Opening  (Read 5770 times)
outdeep

Email
« on: March 10, 2004, 09:30:30 pm »

If you know any ex-Assembly folks in the Southern California area (near Santa Ana) who would be qualified and want to get into vocational Christian ministry, this job is currently open.

For more info, go to www.samaritanspurse.org or call Human Resources (Margie Coger) at (828)262-1980.  You might be able to use me as a reference on your job application if I know you.

-Dave

West Coast Field Representative, Operation Christmas Child

Seeking a regional representative in Santa Ana to promote children’s ministry/project impacting children worldwide.   Individual will recruit church participation, volunteer, prayer, media and financial support (including donated products and services).   Travel includes occasional overnight trips throughout West Coast states defined in this role as California, Nevada and Hawaii; visits to home office in North Carolina and other locations as deemed necessary by the organization.  Responsibilities include management of a seasonally operated gift collection network operated by a workforce of volunteers.  Individual must be skilled and proven in networking, organizing, motivating, and multi-tasking.   Presentation and public speaking skills are a must.  Self-starters with a desire to achieve stated goals and ability to work independently are key.  This is a full-time salaried position with excellent benefit package.  Bachelor’s degree required.    
Suzie Trockman
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2004, 05:38:47 am »

George has been asked to pastor a small, non-denominational church in Riverside.  The students who heard him preach on the campus were so blown away, that they brought him before the pastor search committee, which hired him on the spot.

The first message George preached was on "The Centrality of The Cross."
The second message was,  "The Vision and The House."

Suzie
M2
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2004, 09:14:39 am »

George has been asked to pastor a small, non-denominational church in Riverside.  The students who heard him preach on the campus were so blown away, that they brought him before the pastor search committee, which hired him on the spot.

The first message George preached was on "The Centrality of The Cross."
The second message was,  "The Vision and The House."

Suzie

I know it's April Fools day and all, but April Fools is only supposed to be till noon, and you posted this at 7:38 p.m.

Is this for real??  Amazing!  Do you have any more info on the church?

Marcia
Suzie Trockman
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2004, 09:33:36 am »

Yes, it's an April fools post.  Sorry Marcia for not following AF protocal,  I had no idea there was such a thing.   Embarrassed Embarrassed  These holiday things are still kindof new for me.

Suzie
M2
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2004, 09:48:35 am »

Yes, it's an April fools post.  Sorry Marcia for not following AF protocal,  I had no idea there was such a thing.   Embarrassed Embarrassed  These holiday things are still kindof new for me.

Suzie

I'll forgive you this time.  BTW I heard there's a bridge for sale in Manhattan. Wink

Marcia
al Hartman

Email
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2004, 11:06:37 am »

Suzie

I'll forgive you this time.  BTW I heard there's a bridge for sale in Manhattan. Wink

Marcia[/size]

Suzie,

Don't sweat it, you're OK!  It's a Canadian thing-- Marcia has to stop fooling us at noon on April 1st, but we can pull her leg until midnight!!!  Grin   Grin   Grin

al

M2
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2004, 06:14:29 pm »

Suzie

Marcia[/size]

Suzie,

Don't sweat it, you're OK!  It's a Canadian thing-- Marcia has to stop fooling us at noon on April 1st, but we can pull her leg until midnight!!!  Grin   Grin   Grin

al

Apparently, the word 'gullible' is not in the dictionary.  I haven't checked yet. Cool

Marcia
outdeep

Email
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2004, 07:33:22 pm »

Just, FYI, the Samaritan's Purse job IS real.  It's still on our job board.

al Hartman

Email
« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2004, 11:41:39 am »

Apparently, the word 'gullible' is not in the dictionary.  I haven't checked yet. Cool

Marcia

Marcia,

I remember that word from when I lived in So. CA:  If you can soar above the coastline, dive into the ocean, & come up with a fish in your mouth, you're "gullible."   Grin   Grin   Grin

al

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: