AssemblyBoard
May 06, 2024, 10:24:57 pm *
The board has been closed to new content. It is available as a searchable archive only. This information will remain available indefinitely.

I can be reached at brian@tucker.name

For a repository of informational articles and current information on The Assembly, see http://www.geftakysassembly.com

Home   Search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
  Print  
Author Topic: A CLEVER RIDDLE  (Read 25534 times)
Eulaha L. Long

Email
« on: September 24, 2003, 12:55:23 am »

I was totally floored by this riddle, and had a good laugh when I came upon the answer Grin.  Go ahead and try it, and tell me what you think.  I will give out the riddle to those who send me a personal message...unless of course someone is able to solve it Grin!  Here goes:

A boy was at a carnival and went to a booth where a man said to the boy, "If I write your exact weight on this piece of paper then you have to give me $50, but if I cannot, I will pay you $50."

The boy looked around and saw no scale so he agrees, thinking no matter what the carny writes he'll just say he weighs more or less.

In the end the boy ended up paying the man $50. How did the man win the bet?
Eulaha L. Long

Email
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2003, 12:57:58 am »

OH YEAH-

If you do solve it, please don't post it, so that others can continue to try and figure it out-thanks! Cheesy
editor
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2003, 01:59:12 am »

OH YEAH-

If you do solve it, please don't post it, so that others can continue to try and figure it out-thanks! Cheesy

solved it.

vernecarty
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2003, 02:48:08 am »

OH YEAH-

Is it as obvious as I think it is? (literally speaking...)
Verne
Arthur
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2003, 05:11:49 am »

Ok, here's the deal.  If I can post the answer to the riddle you will pay me $500 (factor in a COLA since the time of the riddle's creation).  If I cannot, then I will pay you $500.

Grin

tkarey

Email
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2003, 10:12:34 am »

Never mind, Eulala, I got it. Grin

Karey Thornton
retread

Email
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2003, 10:16:04 am »

OH YEAH-

Is it as obvious as I think it is? (literally speaking...)
Verne
It reminds me of some other easy bets: "I bet you $50 that I can knock down this brick wall with my bare hands", or "I bet you $50 that I can jump higher than that building"
sfortescue

Email
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2003, 10:59:54 am »

Here's another easy bet:

I bet you a dollar that if you give me six dollars, I'll give you six hundred dollars back.
retread

Email
« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2003, 11:21:18 am »

Here's another easy bet:

I bet you a dollar that if you give me six dollars, I'll give you six hundred dollars back.
Reminds me of those "if you win, you lose" carnival games that you pay $2 to have a guy guess your weight, and if he is wrong you get the prize worth about 50 cents.  Why do people play those games???
Oscar

Email
« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2003, 08:31:25 pm »

A boy was at a carnival and went to a booth where a man said to the boy, "If I write your exact weight on this piece of paper then you have to give me $50, but if I cannot, I will pay you $50."

Eulaha,

I figured this one out in about 5 seconds.  I taught 6th grade for years, and they love this type of riddle.  I would get hit with one about once a week.

Thomas Maddux

retread

Email
« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2003, 10:28:18 pm »

Eulaha,

I figured this one out in about 5 seconds.  I taught 6th grade for years, and they love this type of riddle.  I would get hit with one about once a week.

Thomas Maddux

Sixth grade - then you must have heard:

Tom and Bob have the same parents.
They look exactly alike.
They are the same age.
But they are not twins, how is this possible?
Joe Sperling

Email
« Reply #11 on: September 26, 2003, 12:52:35 am »

Can you take a picture of a man with a wooden leg?
editor
« Reply #12 on: September 26, 2003, 12:54:16 am »

Can you take a picture of a man with a wooden leg?

Only if the wooden leg has a camera in it...

I wanna hear more about George and the Giant Hand Unlce Joe! Wink

Brent
Joe Sperling

Email
« Reply #13 on: September 26, 2003, 02:28:24 am »

Can you take a picture of a heretic with a giant hand?

« Last Edit: September 26, 2003, 05:26:14 am by Joe Sperling » Logged
Joe Sperling

Email
« Reply #14 on: September 27, 2003, 05:30:50 am »

It's amazing what this BB has been able to produce. I got a call from a big Hollywood Bigshot Producer/Writer today, who happens to be a "lurker" here. He saw something that he thinks might really take off and he's moving with it. Do you remember that movie a couple of years ago starring Billy Crystal called "My Giant"? It didn't make a lot of money, but the concept was quite interesting. Well, this producer has an idea in the same vein, based on something he read here. He's going to call it "My Giant Hand". But instead of a Giant, a Giant Hand will accompany a small Greek kid named "Georgie" wherever he goes. Whenever Georgie gets himself into a "fix" the Giant Hand will be there to get him out of trouble. The first installment "Traffic problems for Georgie" will be when he first encounters the Giant Hand and develops a lifelong atttachment to it.

Apparently the Giant Hand will communicate with Georgie through sign language, but the details are not written in stone yet. They are already talking about merchandising, with a "Georgie and the Giant Hand Playset" complete with Georgie and a Giant hand ensemble for the children to play with. I find it all very exciting. I'll keep you updated.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
  Print  

Jump to: