AssemblyBoard
May 02, 2024, 07:32:47 am *
The board has been closed to new content. It is available as a searchable archive only. This information will remain available indefinitely.

I can be reached at brian@tucker.name

For a repository of informational articles and current information on The Assembly, see http://www.geftakysassembly.com

Home   Search  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Travel the Road  (Read 9302 times)
summer007

Email
« on: July 26, 2004, 01:00:57 am »

For those of you who may not know this, there is a Missions Reality Show it airs Tuesdays and Saturdays on TBN. Its very well done. If you dont get this station in your area you can purchace DVD's. I have Episodes 4-9. Also if you want to go on one of these Missionary Adventures there are several to 3rd World Countries taht are about 2 weeks each. They are through Overland Missions. The sites are as follows...www.traveltheroad.com and www.overlandmissions.com....Needless to say anyone who goes will be roughing it...check the site for examples thers real-player with clips...God Bless.
shinchy

Email
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2004, 12:14:43 pm »

that one sounds interesting. Have you seen _Colonial House_ when it was on PBS a couple of months ago. The people in that one had to live like it was 1645, roughing it Puritan style. But they were still very modern people underneath the 17th century costumes. Many people rebelled against the colonial governor (a Baptist minister in real life) and got behind the colonial preacher (a real life minister, Presbyterian, I believe) when he was installed as the replacement minister.
summer007

Email
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2004, 06:46:09 pm »

Hi Shin,  There was a Show 1840's house, it sounds really similar. I think it might be the same show and they just change years. This was based in England. I saw it a few times. I dont envy the era. I hope you check out Travel the Road....BYW what years were you in the Assm??? You mentioned '90's, how many years were you indoctrinated??
shinchy

Email
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2004, 11:34:21 pm »

Hi Shin,  There was a Show 1840's house, it sounds really similar. I think it might be the same show and they just change years. This was based in England. I saw it a few times. I dont envy the era. I hope you check out Travel the Road....BYW what years were you in the Assm??? You mentioned '90's, how many years were you indoctrinated??

I think Colonical house is the same thing as the 1840's House. They try to cover different historical eras. I'll check out Travel The Road.

I was in the Assembly in San Diego from summer 1993 to January 1997 and I was invovled in the campus Bible Study at Mesa College (and eventually stretched my involvement to SDSU, which was the breaking point). I transferred to SDSU when I left the Assembly so I avoided the booktable at the time. I didn't want to be badgered by people about why I left and I did not want to be bothered about it by Tim Geftakys, who often came down to San Diego to lead the noon bible studies and do Tues. night ministries.
al Hartman

Email
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2004, 09:56:34 am »

I think Colonical house is the same thing as the 1840's House.

Grin Grin Grin OK, Friends, I have got to comment on this:  Shin, I'm certain you must be referring to "Colonial House," the TV program.  If there ever was a perfect name for an assembly training house whose health regimen was overseen by Betty G., it would have been Colonical House,
subtitle: "Home of the Coffee Enemas."

Smiley  Wink al  Cheesy  Grin

shinchy

Email
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2004, 01:10:02 pm »

I think Colonical house is the same thing as the 1840's House.

Grin Grin Grin OK, Friends, I have got to comment on this:  Shin, I'm certain you must be referring to "Colonial House," the TV program.  If there ever was a perfect name for an assembly training house whose health regimen was overseen by Betty G., it would have been Colonical House,
subtitle: "Home of the Coffee Enemas."

Smiley  Wink al  Cheesy  Grin

Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

Thanks, Al. I needed a very good laugh.

It is embarassing, being an English major, that I made that typo.

But I laughed really hard when I saw how you tied it in with the Coffee Enema story.

Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin
lenore
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2004, 03:59:38 am »

Cheesy: Since this thread is called Travel the Road:

Book: THE TALES OF THE TARDY OXCART
by Charles R. Swindoll.

Topic: Travel

Author: Denis Waitley, Seeds of Greatness
                                  One forward thinking prophet said." Can you imagine the time of your great grandchildren will have at their senior prom? In the twenty first century it'll probably be commom for proms to be held in foreign countries like Australia."We're going to Austrialia tonight?" That 'll be a popular choie. It'll be only a half-orbited shuttle run in twenty-nine minutes with a shuttle busload of formally attired space travelers enjoying the spectacular view -  a
panorama of the hemispheres. On the way home they'll stop by a McDonald's for a spaceburger in Hong Kong and tell about how times were in Australia.

Author: Tim Timmons, Maximum Living in a Pressure Cooker World.
           A lost motorist asked a farmer for directions.
           "Where is the main highway to Quincy?"
           ""I dont know.""
           "Well, where is the highway to Hannibal?"
            """I dont know.""
           "Where does this highway go?"
           """I dont know.""
           "You dont know much do you"
         ""No, but I ain't lost.""

Author: Ken Bemis
       About overseas travel: "You need a great sense of humour and no sense of smell."

Author:
A man discovered 80 percent of accidents occur within the two miles of home. So he moved.

Author:
A Christian physician was traveling in Korea. He was on one of those busy, crowded trains its way through the northern part of South Korea.  Across from him sat an older gentleman with a large white package of cloth. The Korean kept smiling at the doctor and the doctor smiled back. The Korean gentleman struck up a conversation. Unfortunately the only line of Korean the physician knew was, "I do not know how to speak Korean." Having heard that, nonetheless the man continued the dialogue, or attempted to, only to hear again in Korean, "I do not know how to speak Korean."
More words were spoken and the doctor, as he started to say again,"I do not know how to speak Korean." thought he heard a word that triggered  the picture of something else in his mind. - Jesu.  He raised his eyebrows and he pointed to the man's chest, toward his heart, and said."Jesu? Jesu?"
Oh, the Korean just almost exploded, "Jesu!Jesu!Jesu!" And though they couldn't speak the same language, for the rest of the train ride there was the "communion of the saints".

Author: Robert Louis Stevenson
 To arrive is better than to travel hopefully
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: