AssemblyBoard
May 02, 2024, 01:31:31 pm *
The board has been closed to new content. It is available as a searchable archive only. This information will remain available indefinitely.

I can be reached at brian@tucker.name

For a repository of informational articles and current information on The Assembly, see http://www.geftakysassembly.com

Home   Search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9
  Print  
Author Topic: ASSEMBLY HISTORY and why it is important.  (Read 73295 times)
Joe Sperling

Email
« Reply #105 on: September 17, 2003, 11:38:27 pm »

Riverside Telegram, 9-17-03

FRINGE GROUP MEMBERS FLEE FROM GIANT HAND

Residents of Wilby Ave. in Riverside were startled by the sounds of screaming and pandemonium on Tuesday, as a small religious "fringe" group's Bible Study ended abruptly
with an exodus of rabid fear from their meeting place on this normally quiet and peaceful street.

Shirley Tripp, a last minute attendee to the meeting, and an eyewitness, gave us this account:   "We had finished a small meal of Mole' chicken with mushrooms and gravy that George's(George Geftakys is the aged leader of this religious fringe group) Uncle Fritz had prepared for us" said Shirley, "It was a recipe from Mexico. I didn't have time to eat any but I hear it was awfully good. And then Fritz got up and began to talk about George. He mentioned George's childhood and amazing rescue from traffic when he was very small. Then Fritz introduced George and said 'Let's all
give George a great big hand'. As the applauding began George began to look distressed. Then he looked up and screamed "A great big hand?? No!! No!! Please, go away!! Please don't put me back into the traffic!!' He jumped up and made his way towards the door shouting 'I'll pay it back, I'll pay it all back, I promise!!' Then he grabbed the treasury box and jumped into his car and sped off. Then everyone else started screaming too, and started running down the street" she commented.

Shirley stated that she had not seen the Giant Hand personally. "I never saw it" she said, "But Uncle Fritz did for sure. He said it was about 15 feet long, manicured, and holding a paddle" she added. When questioned further she stated "he said it looked like one of those paddles the Vice Principal used to use to give bad boys a swat".
Since the occurence no one has seen Brother George or his fearful followers. "He's hiding" says Shirley, "But that Giant Hand is still out there looking for him". The neighbors of Wilby St. can now rest a bit easier, but the mystery of the Giant Hand continues.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2003, 12:46:33 am by Joe Sperling » Logged
Eulaha L. Long

Email
« Reply #106 on: September 18, 2003, 12:31:45 am »

Joe-

Is that a true article from the newspaper?? Shocked
editor
« Reply #107 on: September 18, 2003, 02:04:43 am »

Sorry about all the drooling Brent, I am really goona try and clean up my act...oh...what should I say next? Grin
Verne

Write something that uses a lot of those big, descriptive words you like so much.  Email it to me, and I'll make sure it's what I want you to say, then you post it.  

As long as I tell you what to say, then no one can accuse me of "ghostwriting" your posts.   Just make sure that we attack Tom Maddux, and Marcia.  I'll PM you.

Brent
Oscar

Email
« Reply #108 on: September 18, 2003, 10:32:21 am »

As long as I tell you what to say, then no one can accuse me of "ghostwriting" your posts.   Just make sure that we attack Tom Maddux, and Marcia.  I'll PM you.

Brent

If you guys wish to "chaw" on me for a while, you will have to find a place that is not covered with thick, tough scars.  After my 18 years under the tender loving ministrations of George Givelittleandtakefromallofus, there aren't many such places left. Grin

Thomas Maddux
editor
« Reply #109 on: September 18, 2003, 07:12:33 pm »

Write something that uses a lot of those big, descriptive words you like so much.  Email it to me, and I'll make sure it's what I want you to say, then you post it.  

Brent

I've done ghostwriting and ghostthinking, with some success.  What I really want to learn how to do is ghosteat!  It will help with the waistline.

Brent
Oh yeah, I'm very familiar with this ghost-writing concept. Have you heard of ghost-thinking? It goes something like this: Person A asks me a question. I tell him what to think. Person A says "Yes Marcia".  I've developed a small 'following' of my own with this tactic. I've been credited with the departure-from-fellowship of at least 4 mindless individuals who were so influenced by me that they had not other choice but to do exactly as I told them to do. Someday I shall catch up to Brent; I'm sure he has more than 4 followers by now especially since he has been at this for 4 years now. So Brent it's come down to ghostwriting; you should stick to ghost thinking; it's much more effective.

Marcia
M2
« Reply #110 on: November 20, 2003, 06:45:12 pm »

This is a quote from one of my email contacts who does not post on this BB:

quote--
The web site is the reason that George's sin was brought in the light, it is the reason we are no longer deceived by him,  so why is it an offense to some? They can't seriously believe that it would have been better for all of us to remain in the dark and let George continue in his sin.  That is not of God!!
--end-quote

This is a quote from another one of my email contacts who does not post on this BB; the comment was made in response to reading Bob Smith's post yesterday on SWTE:

quote--
I got a headache reading the end of the post and it brought back terrible remberances for me. This truly is a died in the wool legalistic Assemblyite. Praise God I am free from this terrible controlling system that robs faith rather than engendering it. He pompously shows all the arguments as if he knows everything that ever will be written about the subject. Yuck I think I was probably just like that 5 months ago.
--end-quote

Even though there are fewer regular posters than before, there are many who are reading the BB and commenting on it.

Lord bless,
Marcia
editor
« Reply #111 on: November 20, 2003, 07:59:20 pm »

This is a quote from another one of my email contacts who does not post on this BB; the comment was made in response to reading Bob Smith's post yesterday on SWTE:

I'm not going to comment on the seagulls, with the exception of "Bob Smith," and his latest post, which I finally read after hearing about it here.

Notwithstanding his boldness, to publicly state how Marcia's marriage is going the wrong way, (how would he know?)  the liberty he takes in assigning motives is unreal.

With no proof, no witnesses at all, he speaks not of factual events, but of a personal interpretation of someone's motive, totally apart from her testimony.  Marcia's motivation is please Verne and I, according to "Bob."
3 quick comments:

What he is saying is not true.
He says it under an alias.  Personal attacks, by an anonymous person is the basest form of slander and cowardice.  Even if the charges against us on this board were true (which they are not) at least we have the courage and integrity to use our real names.  The fact that he does not have the courage to use his real identity demonstrates very clearly the kind of person he is.

Everything we say on this website, especially on the main website, is backed up by witnesses, according to the biblical standard.  I would never say that Bob's marriage is on the rocks, in a public forum, unless it was public knowledge, and it was factual and somehow relevant.

I could go on, but we all know that no one is fooled by "Bob."

"Bob,"  you are a pathetic, anonymous poster, and whatever and whoever else you may be, you certainly don't have much courage, which means you have weak morals and are governed by fear, at least in this area.  

Also, I think I know who you are, and if you continue to behave in the way you are, I may give you the courage to use your real name.

Brent
M2
« Reply #112 on: November 20, 2003, 08:21:25 pm »

Bob Smith is an assembly-sympathetic ex-LB. I suspected that he was from Canada before Brent mentioned it in one of his previous posts. I recognized the style. It is also apparent that Bob knows me personally. As a 'shepherd' I would have expected him to email me and dialog with me before publicly declaring his 'assumptions' about me. I would NOT have given him the silent treatment. But assembly-sympathetic LBs and ex-LBs do not break the 'code of silence' especially when it comes to a mere sister who was never a LBW nor a worker (PTL that I was neither). This is a cowardly act on Bob's part. I suspect that Bob remains annonymous because he is protecting the Ottawa assembly. Maybe he is afraid that if he dialogs with me he might actually change his mind about assemblyism. "Everyone who reads the website &/or dialogs with me ends up leaving the assembly."

Marcia
« Last Edit: November 20, 2003, 08:24:00 pm by Marcia » Logged
d3z

Email
« Reply #113 on: November 20, 2003, 09:02:57 pm »

"Everyone who reads the website &/or dialogs with me ends up leaving the assembly."

At least there is something to be glad of.
M2
« Reply #114 on: November 21, 2003, 04:41:05 am »

When I was first saved my husband was not, so I went to the assembly meetings without my husband. The assembly did not disapprove of my behaviour then. Now I am going to another church without my husband, but with my husband's consent, but for some reason I have recevied criticism from a few assembly individuals for doing so. Bob Smith has suggested that I have left my family by not going to assembly meetings with them. My question to Bob Smith: Did you ask Mark Miller why his wife goes to EVFree and not to the assembly meetings with him? This is called a 'double standard'. It is still alive and well amongst assembly-sympathetic individuals.
BTW in the past the Ottawa leaders have counselled 3 individuals to attend assembly meetings even though their spouses are unsaved and do not attend with them. In 2 of those situations the spouses wanted them to go to mainline Christian churches. One of those individuals has recently left and is very happy in a mainline Christian church closer to home.

I will state this again. The Ottawa assembly has issues and problems, but I did not leave the assembly because of those problems. After all they were my friends for 21+ years or so. I left the assembly for conscience sake. When I realized that the assembly is a false religion akin to that of the scribes and Pharisees, I could no longer remain. At first I did not want to leave but to discuss the matter with the LBs, but that did not work out, so I left without doing so. One particular individual thinks that I was influenced by Brent in a negative manner. I did dialog with Brent and Verne and Mark C and the rest of the BB on assembly matters while I was figuring out the 'truth of the matter'. In the end it was a particular post of Brent's that hit home and caused the puzzle pieces fit together for me. It was where I was at in my figuring things out, because that post has not had the same effect on others. My thanks to this BB and it's posters for your willingness to discuss these things with me.

Also, Brent has had the courage to do what no other assemblyite was willing to do. I fully support him in his endeavour to expose Geftakysism. All of you 'nice' assembly sympathizers are just as guilty of promoting Geftakysism as those who are not so nice. It cost each of us in service, time, and money, but we were primarily focussed on drawing others in, rather than on drawing others to the Lord. I will qualify that by saying that there were instances of exceptions to that rule.

Lord bless,
Marcia
editor
« Reply #115 on: November 21, 2003, 05:05:46 am »

When I was first saved my husband was not, so I went to the assembly meetings without my husband. The assembly did not disapprove of my behaviour then. Now I am going to another church without my husband, but with my husband's consent, but for some reason I have recevied criticism from a few assembly individuals for doing so. Bob Smith has suggested that I have left my family by not going to assembly meetings with them. My question to Bob Smith: Did you ask Mark Miller why his wife goes to EVFree and not to the assembly meetings with him? This is called a 'double standard'. It is still alive and well amongst assembly-sympathetic individuals.

What the anonymous coward "bob smith," has said about you, and your husband is truly gossip and slander.  Obviously, he did not speak to you or Claude about it, but decided it would be a good idea to spout his own false assumptions in a public forum, and that anonymously.

This reminds me of St. Louis Sister, which some of you may recall.  The lesson I learned then was to ignore and reject anonymous posters who make ugly personal attacks.  Truly, THAT is not according to Christ.  Should the anonymous coward post anything like that on this forum, he will be instantly banned.  

His pious platitudes notwithstanding, he owes you and your family an apology, and he should publicly admit that he made hurtful statements out of malice and ignorance.  

I was advised by my attorney, prior the website, that "The truth is the best defense against slander."  Consequently, I can back up everything I said, wrote and posted on the website.  As I have done several times, when I find that perhaps my facts were not quite right, I have publicly apologized and corrected what I said.

The anonymous coward from Alberta, "bob," claims that I am a bad person, doing a bad thing.  If he thinks that he is better, than he should at least hold to my minimal standards and apologize to Marcia.  The Assembly is alive and well in "bob smith," the anonymous coward who speaks evil of a woman and her marriage without knowledge and with malice.

Here's a question.  Can someone tell me which Assembly was in Alberta, or on its border?

Brent
M2
« Reply #116 on: November 21, 2003, 05:22:59 am »

A message to Bob Smith from Alberta, Canada

I suggest that you read Mr. Miller's article on the website before you visit him.

http://www.geftakysassembly.com/Articles/TeachingPractice/AppealToAssemblies.htm

Marcia Marinier
from Ottawa, Canada
ex-assemblyite family member of the Marinier family
Mark Kisla
« Reply #117 on: November 21, 2003, 05:48:17 am »

Here's a question.  Can someone tell me which Assembly was in Alberta, or on its border?

Brent
I think it was Estavon or Calgary. Calgary is in Alberta, Estavan may be in Saskatchewan
Mark K
« Last Edit: November 21, 2003, 05:54:33 am by Mark Kisla » Logged
retread

Email
« Reply #118 on: November 21, 2003, 10:10:51 pm »

Brent I know, and Verne I know, but who is Bob Smith Huh

You don't know who Buffalo Bob is?  You must be from Canada or something eh.

Buffalo Bob: Say kids, what time is it?
Kids: It's Howdy Doody Time!

It's Howdy Doody Time.
It's Howdy Doody Time.
Bob Smith and Howdy Do
Say Howdy Do to you.

Let's give a rousing cheer,
Cause Howdy Doody's here,
It's time to start the show,
So kids let's go!

Oops sorry, wrong Bob.  I suspect that this Bob is more like Clarabell!  Okay now kids what time is it?
retread

Email
« Reply #119 on: November 21, 2003, 11:05:49 pm »

The lesson I learned then was to ignore and reject anonymous posters who make ugly personal attacks.

Okay Brent, you have a funny nose! Grin  Oops, I am sorry that was wrong, but can I at least make anonymous comments about anonymous posters? Okay, I'll play nice.  Now let's start with Bob Smith.  I am most serious when I say that in the 10 or so years that I have known of Bob, I have never been disappointed in him.  I have always assumed that he was a great guy who loved the Lord.  This is 100% true. Okay, okay, before anybody gets too sick here, this is actually an unsolicited plug for Bob Smith Industries. I am of course talking about the real Bob Smith here (the Bob Smith of Bob Smith Industries in Atascadero). I have used his products exclusively and extensively for over a decade, and am most impressed.  Quality all the way.

http://www.bsiadhesives.com/Pages/aboutbsi/aboutbsi.html

BTW Retread has big ears and smells funny! Smiley

p.s. I can confirm that Brent is consistent on his thoughts regarding anonymous posters.  When Brent was running this bb, he asked me not to post if I was going to be anonymous (even though I was never in disagreement with him).  It was only after Brian took over the bb, that I was allowed to post again.

And to be fair to Bob, I can honestly say that I don't know him, nor do I understand him or have much of a clue as to what his problems may be.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9
  Print  

Jump to: