AssemblyBoard
May 19, 2024, 10:15:25 pm *
The board has been closed to new content. It is available as a searchable archive only. This information will remain available indefinitely.

I can be reached at brian@tucker.name

For a repository of informational articles and current information on The Assembly, see http://www.geftakysassembly.com

Home   Search  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Pray for George and Betty's repentance!  (Read 16481 times)
vernecarty
« Reply #15 on: October 14, 2003, 04:03:26 am »

Brent is right. Stop all the verbage here and use your energy to pray for them. Most of us already know what the regular posters think abot George and Betty. Enough already! Pray.
PM

And if does not repent...?! Surely we must realize that this is a dinstinct possibility?
Verne
« Last Edit: October 14, 2003, 04:05:36 am by vernecarty » Logged
enchilada
« Reply #16 on: October 14, 2003, 04:58:25 am »

Sorry -

As someone who was forced to be involved with this ministry from an early age, all I can say is that the harmful practices and child rearing techniques that place in that God awful environment  took years to overcome.  

I'll also pray that the IRS gets some of that hard-earned money that George stole from his followers; that his son David gets some jail time someday for the things he's done, and will probably do again; and that the next sister that Tim fondles will hit him hard right between the eyes.
psalm51

Email
« Reply #17 on: October 14, 2003, 05:07:13 am »

Brent is right. Stop all the verbage here and use your energy to pray for them. Most of us already know what the regular posters think abot George and Betty. Enough already! Pray.
PM

And if does not repent...?! Surely we must realize that this is a dinstinct possibility?
Verne
Why would that stop us from praying?
editor
« Reply #18 on: October 14, 2003, 07:25:58 am »

I'll also pray that the IRS gets some of that hard-earned money that George stole from his followers; that his son David gets some jail time someday for the things he's done, and will probably do again; and that the next sister that Tim fondles will hit him hard right between the eyes.

What money did George steal? Maybe Wayne Matthews can tell us. He was a close confidant of George. He travelled the world with him. Wayne, did George steal money from his followers?

Who did Tim fondle? Lets have some names. What is this, the LA Times?

Perhaps you should be deleting some of those posts, Brent.

You may have noticed that the rules for this board are,  "No editing or Deleting."
Therefore, I won't be deleting anything.  However, I ask you not to post things on this thread other than what it titled.  Start your own topic and you can say whatever you like.

Pray for George and Betty.

Brent
vernecarty
« Reply #19 on: October 14, 2003, 08:46:20 am »

PM

Verne
Why would that stop us from praying?

I think it should not, provided we are praying with intelligence. I will tell you frankly that based on my conclusions I had absolutely no desire to pray for the recovery of George and Betty Geftakys. I am willing trust Brent's judgment on this and so I am praying...
Verne
« Last Edit: October 14, 2003, 08:49:51 am by vernecarty » Logged
M2
« Reply #20 on: October 14, 2003, 09:07:13 am »

They don't have much time left,  and they have done much harm.  Nothing would glorify God more than if George repented.  Again, I'm not referring to a vague sort of repentance as we have seen with some of his servants.  I am referring to real repentance, clear, zealous, and in writing, followed up by deeds.  This would release his servants to repent also.  I am not referring to restoration of his ministry.  That is dead and gone, having been judged and condemned by the Most High.  I am not talking about preserving the "work," or the "vision."  I am talking about  precious souls and powerful cleansing Blood.

Pray for George and Betty.

I agree with you Brent. We need to pray for the repentance of George and Betty and for all those who are still held captive because of the influence of GGs "ministry".

Lord bless,
Marcia
enchilada
« Reply #21 on: October 14, 2003, 11:25:56 pm »

Sorry for causing any distractions from the intent of this string.  It's a lot better to focus on praying for the repentence of George and Betty than to dwell on the mess.  
vernecarty
« Reply #22 on: October 17, 2003, 06:15:44 pm »

Those of you following Brent, Verne, Brian are big time deceived. To have have such hate toward not only George but toward all who served the Lord in this ministry permeate this bb only to have their self righteous revelation: we need to pray for repentance.

This is a charge that is frequently levelled against those of us who have spoken harshly against the abusive ways of the assemblies. It very much reminds me of the tactic employed to try to silence those who speak out against the homosexual lifestyle. Just peg the opposition as being "hateful". It has to be clear to any careful reader that what is really, and justifiably, hated is the conduct of the individuals we are speaking about. I am more than a little amused at the laughable attempt of some to try and claim supposed moral-high ground with specious claims about a "love for all God's people" while callously dismissing the terrible injuries suffered by so many of the flock, and excusing and defending the perpetrators. Love rejoices not in iniquity, but rejoices in the truth!

The foolish shall not stand in thy sight: thou hatest all workers of iniquity.  Psalm 5:5

To trivialize what happened to so many hurting people by simplistically accusing those who condemn it as "hateul" is unwowrthy of any thoughtful observer. Just my opinion... Smiley
Verne

p.s. Any news on the repentance of George and/or Betty?
Does anyone know if he is still preaching?
Has he contacted the former Fullerton leadership?
IM me if you do not want to post anything you have heard...

« Last Edit: October 17, 2003, 07:46:36 pm by vernecarty » Logged
M2
« Reply #23 on: October 17, 2003, 08:34:56 pm »

Those of you following Brent, Verne, Brian are big time deceived. To have have such hate toward not only George but toward all who served the Lord in this ministry permeate this bb only to have their self righteous revelation: we need to pray for repentance.

This is a charge that is frequently levelled against those of us who have spoken harshly against the abusive ways of the assemblies. It very much reminds me of the tactic employed to try to silence those who speak out against the homosexual lifestyle. Just peg the opposition as being "hateful". It has to be clear to any careful reader that what is really, and justifiably, hated is the conduct of the individuals we are speaking about. I am more than a little amused at the laughable attempt of some to try and claim supposed moral-high ground with specious claims about a "love for all God's people" while callously dismissing the terrible injuries suffered by so many of the flock, and excusing and defending the perpetrators. Love rejoices not in iniquity, but rejoices in the truth!

The foolish shall not stand in thy sight: thou hatest all workers of iniquity.  Psalm 5:5

To trivialize what happened to so many hurting people by simplistically accusing those who condemn it as "hateul" is unwowrthy of any thoughtful observer. Just my opinion... Smiley
Verne

p.s. Any news on the repentance of George and/or Betty?
Does anyone know if he is still preaching?
Has he contacted the former Fullerton leadership?
IM me if you do not want to post anything you have heard...

I agree with you Verne. I am reminded of the verse in Isaiah 5:20
Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil; Who substitute darkness for light and light for darkness; Who substitute bitter for sweet, and sweet for bitter!

This is the era where the bad guy has become the good guy, and the good guy the bad. We see this in the discussion re. Saddam/Bush as well.

Just my opinion.
Marcia
Margaret

Email
« Reply #24 on: November 01, 2003, 05:01:30 am »

For any who may be praying Sat. morning Nov. 1:  Please pray for wisdom for those who are attempting to dialogue with existing assemblies, that they might find a way to encourage continuing change.  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: