AssemblyBoard
May 17, 2024, 09:33:51 am *
The board has been closed to new content. It is available as a searchable archive only. This information will remain available indefinitely.

I can be reached at brian@tucker.name

For a repository of informational articles and current information on The Assembly, see http://www.geftakysassembly.com

Home   Search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 15
  Print  
Author Topic: a very long thread  (Read 106195 times)
Mark Kisla
« Reply #30 on: October 18, 2003, 09:07:35 pm »

Much of what has been posted on SWTE bb has been the analysis and judgement of the hearts of individuals participating in this forum. This bb has provided a public place of discussion of the false doctrine and abusive practices of the cult founded by George Geftakys.
While I can appreciate the desire that all individuals be treated with respect, I can't understand why the main focus on SWTE is on the free speech of those hurt by the false teachings and abusive practices of the assembly.
Is it because they believe in the false doctrine of George Geftakys and his appointed Leading Brothers promoted ?  No time is spent addressing and correcting GGs false teachings.
M2
« Reply #31 on: October 18, 2003, 10:22:52 pm »

I would like to make one long-distance comment to Sondra and Bob Smith and any-one-else-who-ventures-there. I have stayed out of the discussion on SWTE for the most part, because of what I have previously posted.

Please do not start speculating re. my family's assembly involvement. You have no idea what is really happening, and if you succeed in opening this can of worms it will backfire and end up exposing the Ottawa assembly in a negative way. This is not supposed to be the objective of SWTE. It reminds me of what Clinton did when he was being exposed for his sin; he created a diversion by bombing Iraq.

That's all for now,
Marcia
vernecarty
« Reply #32 on: October 19, 2003, 01:14:06 am »

Much of what has been posted on SWTE bb has been the analysis and judgement of the hearts of individuals participating in this forum. This bb has provided a public place of discussion of the false doctrine and abusive practices of the cult founded by George Geftakys.
While I can appreciate the desire that all individuals be treated with respect, I can't understand why the main focus on SWTE is on the free speech of those hurt by the false teachings and abusive practices of the assembly.
Is it because they believe in the false doctrine of George Geftakys and his appointed Leading Brothers promoted ?  No time is spent addressing and correcting GGs false teachings.

Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye compass sea and land to make one proselyte, and when he is made, ye make him twofold more the child of hell than yourselves.
Verne
Mark Kisla
« Reply #33 on: October 19, 2003, 09:47:45 pm »

the   Satire With Terminal Elitism    website just seems to be leading to a dead end
brian

Email
« Reply #34 on: October 20, 2003, 12:26:36 pm »

matt gave us the answer to this months ago:

Anyway, the Assembly was most definitely a church. It was a body of believers (and I'm sure the vast majority of LBs are Christians) who worshipped God together, reached out to unbelievers together, got into the Word together, and fellowshipped together. If there was false doctrine - that's irrelevant. If having false doctrine means that it wasn't a church - then there are no churches.

(emphasis added)

Exactly I Love your last point. He scattered us and now we are spreading the vast scriptural knowledge that many of us (not me!) have acquired in the assembly.

the occasional sondra post i have perused has been saturated with classic assembly doctrine, often even using the exact same vocabulary in a most heartfelt manner. how many years ago did she leave? 8? i find many of her ideas extremely chilling in their implications. doctrine that expects you to lop off parts of your essential personality in order to be higher and better can send those vulnarable to it for a serious mind trip. i would spend more time dissecting it if anyone were really listening to her, but as we can see by the number of posts:

Affirming  63
Matt  29
admin  7
alabaster1  3
Kimberley Tobin  2
Neisy Gomez  1
Narnian  1
Pickle 0
Bob Smith 0
Paydirt 0

noone is interested in discussing these things with them. note affirming and admin are both sondra, bringing her total to 70. i have been known to talk to myself on occasion, but this is out of control. you would think matt and her could have responded to the seven (7) other posts with perhaps slightly less than 99  Shocked replies! and (really) long meandering replies, too... my .02 is to not let them get under your skin, rather let them slowly fade back into the fog from whence they came.

brian
vernecarty
« Reply #35 on: October 20, 2003, 04:46:59 pm »

the   Satire With Terminal Elitism    website just seems to be leading to a dead end

They define "PATHETIC". Their pitiful condition is evident to all but themsleves, a remarkable portrait of spiritual deception at its most virulent...
Does anybody doubt the Biblical teaching that some vessels are created to honor and some to dishonor? Behold and wonder...!
Verne
« Last Edit: October 20, 2003, 05:11:36 pm by vernecarty » Logged
Mark Kisla
« Reply #36 on: October 20, 2003, 06:09:17 pm »

Reading SWTE is like listening to a Joan Baez album. ( I want to hug a tree)
I would rather read the untainted Word of God and have dialogue with a purpose on this bb.
vernecarty
« Reply #37 on: October 20, 2003, 07:23:27 pm »

matt gave us the answer to this months ago:

Anyway, the Assembly was most definitely a church. It was a body of believers (and I'm sure the vast majority of LBs are Christians) who worshipped God together, reached out to unbelievers together, got into the Word together, and fellowshipped together. If there was false doctrine - that's irrelevant. If having false doctrine means that it wasn't a church - then there are no churches.

(emphasis added)

Exactly I Love your last point. He scattered us and now we are spreading the vast scriptural knowledge that many of us (not me!) have acquired in the assembly.

the occasional sondra post i have perused has been saturated with classic assembly doctrine, often even using the exact same vocabulary in a most heartfelt manner. how many years ago did she leave? 8? i find many of her ideas extremely chilling in their implications. doctrine that expects you to lop off parts of your essential personality in order to be higher and better can send those vulnarable to it for a serious mind trip. i would spend more time dissecting it if anyone were really listening to her, but as we can see by the number of posts:

Affirming  63
Matt  29
admin  7
alabaster1  3
Kimberley Tobin  2
Neisy Gomez  1
Narnian  1
Pickle 0
Bob Smith 0
Paydirt 0

noone is interested in discussing these things with them. note affirming and admin are both sondra, bringing her total to 70. i have been known to talk to myself on occasion, but this is out of control. you would think matt and her could have responded to the seven (7) other posts with perhaps slightly less than 99  Shocked replies! and (really) long meandering replies, too... my .02 is to not let them get under your skin, rather let them slowly fade back into the fog from whence they came.

brian

The fact that the shameful apostasy of her mentors has in no way caused her to re-evaluate what she learned under their tutelage speaks volumes about the depth of her own deception-  a pity. She apparently learned nothing from the disgrace of George and Betty  Geftakys. There is no question in my mind that something is really wrong there...really wrong...I frankly do not care to know the details but the signs are undeniable.
Verne
« Last Edit: October 20, 2003, 07:34:04 pm by vernecarty » Logged
M2
« Reply #38 on: October 20, 2003, 08:20:45 pm »

Affirming  63
Matt  29
admin  7
alabaster1  3
Kimberley Tobin  2
Neisy Gomez  1
Narnian  1
Pickle 0
Bob Smith 0
Paydirt 0

brian

It's good for getting that "assembly fix" on those days when we sooo miss hearing it the 'assembly way'. Just love that dizzy feeling.

Marcia
vernecarty
« Reply #39 on: October 21, 2003, 12:37:17 pm »

Hey Brian!
Can we charge those guys over at SWTE for postin' (more like stealin'!  Grin)stuff off our BB? If they are going to use the insightful commentary of our BB members to try to drive traffic on their own site don't you think we ought to make a little profit?  Grin
Hyuk! Huyk!
Verne
« Last Edit: October 22, 2003, 02:50:30 am by vernecarty » Logged
vernecarty
« Reply #40 on: October 21, 2003, 05:23:52 pm »

Just for the record:
Samuel Ochenjele and I have been dear friends for many years. We spent several days together in Champaign the second year he came to the U.S and  a deep and fast bond of fellowship and friendship developed between us. I have been told by several people that Samuel would ask about me every year he came to the U.S after I left and little did he know the pain of my own loss of our friendship and fellowship in Christ. When I saw Samuel for the first time in so many years a few weeks ago, the joy of our re-union is difficult to describe. He had asked Wayne to arrange our meeting. Despite his association with George, my own time and conversations with him then, and several subsequent phone calls while he was traveling confirm what I remembered about him, and that is that he is a man of integrity who loves Jesus Christ and His flock.
The comments on SWTE regarding my relationship with Samuel are vulgar, presumptuous and contemptible. They are a stunning example of the spiritual corruption of the perception and understanding of the person who made them. None of my initial comments about this man were tempered by my love for and friendship with him. Does this pathetic creature think that she is even in the same league with a man of Samuel's dignity, stature and integrity? I would be careful if I were you madam Jezebel. Your sick obsession with trying to make me look bad at any cost is leading you into some very treacherous waters indeed...and you don't swim too well...
Verne
« Last Edit: October 21, 2003, 07:08:10 pm by vernecarty » Logged
vernecarty
« Reply #41 on: October 21, 2003, 10:03:20 pm »

it is impossible to eat from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil and at the same time eat from the tree of life.  the former touches death, the latter touches life.

Which tree do you think she has been gorging on....Hmnnnn?  Grin

Another blast from the past...

verne, apology accepted.  g is God's servant.  you don't make him so and you or i don't demote him.  was king david God's servant when he sent bathsheeba's husband into the front lines and took his wife and had an affair?  did God no longer consider him His servant? and it did take him awhile to come around to seeing it God's way didn't it.  do you or i always see our sin immediately.  g & b has been dead wrong on some things.  we knew this many years ago...but they didn't.  i believe they were truly blind on some things.  they were inconsistant.  they who preached to no indulge your kids - did, but couldn't see it.  sin is blind...
....Blah! Blah! Blah!...but you get the message... Grin

I couldn't resist this one  Grin

probably not edifying! really?  would that you would extend such graciousness to others who have perhaps been very cruel.  yes, verne you may give my identity since - let's call it what it was - payback for posting your very rude email.  a man in your position should be a little slower to speak - even when you don't know who you are talking to.  i truly care about you, but you know i have been around the block a couple times.
Stop! Your kindness is killing me!  Grin  Grin  Grin
Madam, I deeply regret having to inform you that your problem is far more serious than just having been around the block a couple(?) of times (your words not mine...)
Verne

..this is really too easy...
btw in my "rude" e-mail I called her a vessel of wrath...I guess I really shouldn't have done that now should I...? Oh Well, too late to take it back now!
Funny, the only other person I gave that designation to is you-know-who...turns out it was indeed prophetic...there she is in the full flower of her glory on SWTE...Lord help us!... Smiley
« Last Edit: October 22, 2003, 03:00:33 am by vernecarty » Logged
vernecarty
« Reply #42 on: October 22, 2003, 02:53:51 am »

doctrine that expects you to lop off parts of your essential personality in order to be higher and better can send those vulnarable to it for a serious mind trip.
brian

Trippin' is what she does best! don't you think?  Cool
Verne
Hey! I never said TIPPING! ... Shocked

Yeah, I know it explains a lot but I never said that now did I...huh?
« Last Edit: October 22, 2003, 09:09:53 am by vernecarty » Logged
Joe Sperling

Email
« Reply #43 on: October 22, 2003, 04:50:07 am »

Bugs: ahhhh(crunch, crunch, crunch) What's Up Doc? Hey, has you guys been to dat utter bulletin boyd?

Daffy:  It'th dithpicable!!!

Foghorn Leghorn: Ah say, Ah say, I say Boy!! Don't you be sayin' nothin' until you read the articles...

Porky: I...I d. d. did. and they're incompre..., incompre...
incompre... uh,,I didn't get them.

Elmer Fudd: When you go in you have to be vewy, vewy quiet. And be vewy, vewy caweful what you say therwe. Or you might nevew, nevew be able to go therwe again.

Sylvester: Sufferin succotash!!! Who cares about Bulletin Boards anyways?? I'm hungry!!!

Tweety: Hey putty tat!! I do. I wike to go and wead da articles der. But I get sooooo sweepy(yawn).

Yoesmite Sam: Shut up you no good bushwackin' barracudas!! You know I can't read!!!

Bugs: Uh, Ok Doc..I was just askin',  dat's all. What a maroon.

Yosemite: What was that, you jabberin' furball???

Bugs: Uh... Nothin' Doc.

« Last Edit: October 22, 2003, 05:54:13 am by Joe Sperling » Logged
editor
« Reply #44 on: October 22, 2003, 08:33:39 am »

I know I said I wouldn't say anything about the "Eagles," but when I saw the post on David and Judy, I had to say something.

Anyone who has any questions about this should read Rachel's story on the main geftakysassembly.com website.  Then they should view the restraining order.  Then they should speak to Rachel and Judy.  

Then, after having done that, they should read what Sondra and Matt wrote over there.  Having done so, they should draw their own conclusions.

If any of you thinks you can engage the eagles without being "courteous" I think you are mistaken.  I am greatly angered by what I read there and can only conclude that it is an attempt to attract attention.  I suggest that the utmost discretion be exercised before visiting that forum.  

If you disagree, they will delete you, so don't bother trying to respond.  They are far too moderate to allow that.

Brent
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 15
  Print  

Jump to: