AssemblyBoard
May 04, 2024, 05:06:31 pm *
The board has been closed to new content. It is available as a searchable archive only. This information will remain available indefinitely.

I can be reached at brian@tucker.name

For a repository of informational articles and current information on The Assembly, see http://www.geftakysassembly.com

Home   Search  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Books that help  (Read 3295 times)
psalm51

Email
« on: July 01, 2003, 07:12:18 pm »

I just read a book that might be helpful to those on this BB. It is:
"Letters to a Devastated Christian" by Gene Edwards.

The back cover reads "...Gene Edwards explores the different techniques practiced by Christian groups who demand extreme submission and passivity from their members.  The book's final chapters include some very personal and practical letters to those who have left such groups only to be faced with the difficult task of dealing with bitterness and resentment and rebuilding their faith and trust."

You can read it in an hour and it has some very valuable and insightful viewpoints.
vbeers

Email
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2003, 12:44:03 am »

Thanks, Pat.  I have been doing some reading for my thesis...I'll keep this book in mind...
Arlene

Email
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2003, 03:10:22 am »

What books would you recommend for a, fragile christian?
Someone asked this question not wanting to say the persons name or much about them.  I couldn't think of any books off hand.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: