AssemblyBoard
May 18, 2024, 04:07:51 pm *
The board has been closed to new content. It is available as a searchable archive only. This information will remain available indefinitely.

I can be reached at brian@tucker.name

For a repository of informational articles and current information on The Assembly, see http://www.geftakysassembly.com

Home   Search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  
Author Topic: Pierced Ears  (Read 20911 times)
Eulaha L. Long

Email
« Reply #30 on: July 20, 2003, 12:58:05 am »

Thanks Heide!  Grin

I just wanted to let you know, I always thought you were a really nice person. Wink
retread

Email
« Reply #31 on: July 23, 2003, 11:02:46 pm »

In the 70's George did this on two separate occasions to two different brothers in Fullerton, when they drove up in cars he didn't approve of because they were too expensive.  And he told the workers about it as an example of what is not acceptable and how to deal with it.  The lesson that  came home to me was those cars represented financial resources that should have been given to the Lord's treasury instead.  In both cases, the brothers got rid of the nice cars and replaced them with old ones.
I remember being told that our cars had to be practical.  Preferably an inexpensive large four door suitable for taking saints to meetings and outreach.  I remember thinking it strange of how proud George was of his Thunderbird.  When he was with small groups of brothers, he just beamed with pride as he talked about how fast his car was when he stepped on the gas.  I could never figure out how this was a practical car unless it was so that George wouldn't waste his valuable time getting to meetings, because he had a fast car that wasn't slowed down with passengers. Roll Eyes  I assumed that George was just trying to impress the brothers with his car stories.  Of course George would always mention how he didn't choose or buy the car, but that the Lord provided it for him. (i.e. those who gave the car to George were trying to earn George's favor).  Actually, I can remember cases of DG and TG having the same automobile idolization problem that their father had.  Like father, like son. Tongue
Eulaha L. Long

Email
« Reply #32 on: July 24, 2003, 01:58:11 am »

I remember getting a stern lecture from Ginger when I questioned her as to how Tim could afford his shiny new red convertible. Roll Eyes
Uh Oh

Email
« Reply #33 on: July 24, 2003, 02:12:35 am »

I remember getting a stern lecture from Ginger when I questioned her as to how Tim could afford his shiny new red convertible. Roll Eyes

Eulaha -

You should be ashamed of yourself.  Tim worked very hard for that shiny new red convertible.  It takes a lot of effort to take 15% of all of the saints  pay checks.  

On top of the that, he needed that convertible...It was a complete and total necessity.  What would all the hot babes in Southern California think of him if he was driving around in a mini van?
Arthur
« Reply #34 on: July 24, 2003, 02:38:12 am »

They might think more highly of him if he sticks with the minivan.  A convertible with the top down affords too much of a view of the car's driver.     Tongue
Uh Oh

Email
« Reply #35 on: July 24, 2003, 08:19:38 pm »

They might think more highly of him if he sticks with the minivan.  A convertible with the top down affords too much of a view of the car's driver.     Tongue

Good point Arthur.

I don't know if a convertible could hold as much weight as Tim G carries either.  A minivan may be the safer bet.
Arthur
« Reply #36 on: July 24, 2003, 08:45:27 pm »

Good point Arthur.

I don't know if a convertible could hold as much weight as Tim G carries either.  A minivan may be the safer bet.

Hmm, yeah, his best bet might be to go with an H2.
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  

Jump to: