AssemblyBoard
May 02, 2024, 08:40:45 pm *
The board has been closed to new content. It is available as a searchable archive only. This information will remain available indefinitely.

I can be reached at brian@tucker.name

For a repository of informational articles and current information on The Assembly, see http://www.geftakysassembly.com

Home   Search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
  Print  
Author Topic: San Fransisco Seminar???  (Read 33950 times)
M2
« Reply #30 on: June 03, 2005, 08:31:45 pm »

I got an email from someone in WLA recently who is still in.  They are working on VBS, teen team and other activities this summer.  I have spoken to this person about their involvement but, her husband being the head of the home ......wanting eternal good for their family.........blah, blah blah.  Her child is visiting Tom Lessaris' child in Champaign for a while (sick) etc. etc.  Sounds like the same old thing.  I don't think the system is dying one bit.  No one is using their brain, thinking independently, or acting scripturally at all.  This poor woman has a zillion kids, lives in poverty in LA, has a degree, refuses to use her brain because of "the headship" blah, blah, blah.  More cultlike than ever.

They are probably dripping honey around so that they can catch, or rather keep, some flies.  The key is "the way they speak".  As long as they are not doing it the way they used to, so that they don't trigger any negative reaction, and keep doing the spiritual things, then...   Tongue sick indeed.

Who cares about discernment of truth eh??

David M keeps telling us about how he does not like arrogant evangelicals, so he has turned to the way of the Unitarian.  Or as long as I speak 'sweetly' then I can convince any wounded pilgrim of anything and she will believe me just because I said it oh so sweetly.  Looks like this BB has the very same problem that those gatherings without GG have.  So who are we to judge them anyway??

Must have been a gift I made?Huh A Hymn book cover?  Leather???  What does pm mean? My wife and I ran into Brent Hindegartd? (Spelling) at Sea World last summer. From what he said it sounded like it was pretty much no more Seminars and No more All day sunday and No more visting other assemblies. So I pretty much wrote them off. But not so???!!!   Amazing!!!!???  Boy I wish I knew who you were?Huh  The family you described sounded like Bill Bradbury.

David, interesting that many of the existing remaining post-GG assemblies are doing and not doing exactly the same things that you have mentioned.

Marcia

P.S.
PM - personal message to a BB poster
EM - email

Marcia
David Mauldin
« Reply #31 on: June 03, 2005, 09:07:15 pm »

I forgot  to mention that Brent told me that GG was out of the picture.  Is he back in???  or are other brothers leading the seminar???
vernecarty
« Reply #32 on: June 03, 2005, 09:24:14 pm »

I forgot  to mention that Brent told me that GG was out of the picture.  Is he back in???  or are other brothers leading the seminar???

Geftakys will probably be content to rule from the wings as long as the puppets send him the dough.
I have a hard time believing that he would want to maintain too high a profile at this time.
If he had the gumption to be preaching at a seminar I would hope that all the former Fullerton leading brothers would show up.(fat chance)
He apparently still has enough dolts willing to execute his agenda.
Verne
p.s Can you imagine how thick the spiritual air must be, in gathering of people still willing to listen to Geftakys?! Shivers me timbers...!
« Last Edit: June 03, 2005, 10:15:59 pm by VerneCarty » Logged
vernecarty
« Reply #33 on: June 04, 2005, 01:19:49 am »

David answered this earlier:
Stop rocking the boat Verne.  How do you expect to win these guys with such harsh language?

Marcia

Despite the widespread rumors to the contrary, I am entirely lacking in either the authority or accoutrements to really do harsh. That task I leave to the Chief Shepherd.
My own loud protests are like a feeble whisper compared to the stentorian inquiry that will proceed from the mouth of Deity. You have not seen harsh, trust me...better, read your Bible.  Smiley
But seriously, would it not be awesome to see some of these fellows picketing a George attended gathering? What do you think would have happened if former elders in the church where George was disciplined one day showed up at some place where he was speaker and started loudly proclaiming:
Adulterer! Whoremonger! Liar! Unclean! Unfit for ministry! Or something to that effect.
At least young sisters would have been forewarned no?
 Do you think that would have made inquiring minds want to know?
I for one would be wanting more details...
Of course, he would have then, as he does now, insist that he was as pure as the driven snow...just being persecuted for righteousness sake you understand... Smiley
Verne
« Last Edit: June 04, 2005, 01:31:04 am by VerneCarty » Logged
summer007

Email
« Reply #34 on: June 04, 2005, 02:52:58 am »

Verne, I remember hearing the whispers and rumbling of a split in the mid-west this was early 80's and I specifically asked one of the Leaders about it and was told the famous verse in Acts that some were trying to draw the disciples after them, and this has caused a division. Now if these people knew what kind of man GG was at that time and they went along with it it's unconscienable, and I truly believe that. I was 19-20 at the time and had no reason to think these people were lying to my face. I think this inciedent had to do with the Miller Family and protecting Mike, Nancy and Rebecca but I never inquired further. Imagine someone in my Family asking if I was a Jehovah Witness,that comment made me stop and think about how I was portraying the Christian Lifstyle. And don't look for the Leaders to picket soon, why would they? they know it would be seen as persecution, they know the game! Summer.
vernecarty
« Reply #35 on: June 04, 2005, 03:39:28 am »

Verne, I remember hearing the whispers and rumbling of a split in the mid-west this was early 80's and I specifically asked one of the Leaders about it and was told the famous verse in Acts that some were trying to draw the disciples after them, and this has caused a division. Now if these people knew what kind of man GG was at that time and they went along with it it's unconscienable, and I truly believe that. I was 19-20 at the time and had no reason to think these people were lying to my face. I think this inciedent had to do with the Miller Family and protecting Mike, Nancy and Rebecca but I never inquired further. Imagine someone in my Family asking if I was a Jehovah Witness,that comment made me stop and think about how I was portraying the Christian Lifstyle. And don't look for the Leaders to picket soon, why would they? they know it would be seen as persecution, they know the game! Summer.

I am not sure where that paricular split was. Leaders were leaving all the time so it could have been practically anywhere. There was a huge depature from Tuscola Illinois around that time.
I have been gone many moons and I am still learning about all sorts of intrigues that were taking place under my very nose so to speak. For some of these inside folk I cannot possibly imagine who they could endure it. I have to say that I still shake my head in absolute amazement at the "disappearing leaders".
If I were in any of their shoes, the rest of my life would be devoted to trying to atone for my folly. I am not sure what all that would involve as I would not feel fit to serve as a leader anywhere. I would do my utmost to make sure others knew what the assemblies were all about. You are quite right of course. Few of these fellows seem to care about what they helped spawn...
I don't fault them for at the time thinking they were doing the right thing (although many of them had enough information to warrant doing far more than they did). The aftermath of the collapse has in fact been the most revealing.
Verne
M2
« Reply #36 on: June 04, 2005, 03:43:15 am »

It may be a bit more complicated. Eve was deceived. This seems to Biblically imply a loss of distinguishing cognitive ability.
She actually believed the serpent...Adam, on the other hand...
Verne

Even as Eve was deceived by the serpent, we were deceived by the very same to believe that we had the vision of the testimony and that GG was a godly man.

After having had a number of wake up calls, these guys continue to hit the snooze button.  All to feed the vile egos of the leaders and their pride.  A key element to fruitfulness is an honest heart Luke 8:15 "And the seed in the good soil, these are the ones who have heard the word in an honest and good heart, and hold it fast, and bear fruit with perseverance.  Otherwise, the lies that wallpaper the mind cannot be torn down and replaced with God's truth.

Marcia
moonflower2

Email
« Reply #37 on: June 04, 2005, 04:47:30 am »

Despite the widespread rumors to the contrary, I am entirely lacking in either the authority or accoutrements to really do harsh. That task I leave to the Chief Shepherd.
My own loud protests are like a feeble whisper compared to the stentorian inquiry that will proceed from the mouth of Deity. You have not seen harsh, trust me...better, read your Bible.  Smiley
But seriously, would it not be awesome to see some of these fellows picketing a George attended gathering? What do you think would have happened if former elders in the church where George was disciplined one day showed up at some place where he was speaker and started loudly proclaiming:
Adulterer! Whoremonger! Liar! Unclean! Unfit for ministry! Or something to that effect.
At least young sisters would have been forewarned no?
 Do you think that would have made inquiring minds want to know?
I for one would be wanting more details...
Of course, he would have then, as he does now, insist that he was as pure as the driven snow...just being persecuted for righteousness sake you understand... Smiley
Verne

Lead on, Oh Fearless One. 

It would be proper to be attired in Medieval garb and plant someone on a white horse with a sword girded on his thigh. (The rest of us could have shields that say, "School of the Holy Blunt.") On the back of the armor it should say, "Persecutor #_.

While we circled the place, GG would be preaching about how the angels were protecting everyone from his encircling persecutors.

Can you imagine the looks on their faces?  Grin They are already so wierded out, they may just think what they are seeing is the real thing.

We could have a black Jesus on the white horse. That should take BG out of the picture real quick.  Wink

We could have someone else dressed up to look like a demon to draw GG out, thinking that it was his good friend.

Then comes the blunt speakers of the truth to preach to the...................oh, never mind. They'd never believe it.

vernecarty
« Reply #38 on: June 04, 2005, 08:28:52 am »

Lead on, Oh Fearless One. 

It would be proper to be attired in Medieval garb and plant someone on a white horse with a sword girded on his thigh. (The rest of us could have shields that say, "School of the Holy Blunt.") On the back of the armor it should say, "Persecutor #_.

While we circled the place, GG would be preaching about how the angels were protecting everyone from his encircling persecutors.

Can you imagine the looks on their faces?  Grin They are already so wierded out, they may just think what they are seeing is the real thing.

We could have a black Jesus on the white horse. That should take BG out of the picture real quick.  Wink

We could have someone else dressed up to look like a demon to draw GG out, thinking that it was his good friend.

Then comes the blunt speakers of the truth to preach to the...................oh, never mind. They'd never believe it.

HYUK! HYUK!   Grin  Grin
Verne
vernecarty
« Reply #39 on: June 04, 2005, 08:43:29 am »

Even as Eve was deceived by the serpent, we were deceived by the very same to believe that we had the vision of the testimony and that GG was a godly man.

After having had a number of wake up calls, these guys continue to hit the snooze button.  All to feed the vile egos of the leaders and their pride.  A key element to fruitfulness is an honest heart Luke 8:15 "And the seed in the good soil, these are the ones who have heard the word in an honest and good heart, and hold it fast, and bear fruit with perseverance.  Otherwise, the lies that wallpaper the mind cannot be torn down and replaced with God's truth.

Marcia

Yep! I have boiled most of my theology down to simple agreement with Him.
No explanations.
No excuses.
No alibis.
No promises.

Thou God seest me...!

Verne
moonflower2

Email
« Reply #40 on: June 04, 2005, 06:42:16 pm »

Wow. Check out this one.  Shocked

Ex-Mormons are listed on a Black Sheep Roster, where they share their experiences and emotions, the similarities of which are incredibly identical to ours.  Shocked

http://www.latterdaylampoon.com/gazelem/blacksheep/index.html

« Last Edit: June 04, 2005, 06:53:54 pm by moonflower » Logged
grown up
« Reply #41 on: June 04, 2005, 08:12:17 pm »

Wow, You're right it does look very similiar. Now that I think back I'd go to the prayer meetings and pray for people who had left and I would come away with a feeling that the ones who had left were now "black sheep" I can think of multiple examples of people who were put in this category.

I wonder when a Midwest Seminar will be raised up or a convocation....  Undecided
vernecarty
« Reply #42 on: June 04, 2005, 08:34:16 pm »

Wirh all due respect Sondra, it is a terrible breach of BB etiquette for you to simply post a link to your website on AB with absolutely no commentary or explanation.
Those who are reading here do so by choice. Those who  want to read your site also have that option.
If you thought what you had to say would not be appropriiate for this forum, why would you think a link to the same thing elsewhere would be appropriate?
Please show a little courtesy to your fellow posters.

Verne
« Last Edit: June 04, 2005, 08:39:37 pm by VerneCarty » Logged
summer007

Email
« Reply #43 on: June 04, 2005, 10:25:02 pm »

Verne, The one's that thought they were doing God's will, do you really think God will let them off the hook? If they were truly seeking Glory, Honor and Immortality Ro 2:7 Yes! The ones doing evil indignation and wrath No! I would think an LB who questioned the system after GG and the Bros got through with him, he was shut-up and made to feel he was wrong for questioning. Except for the few that have spoke out I'm sure they've just put the Past behind them. Summer
summer007

Email
« Reply #44 on: June 05, 2005, 08:23:28 am »

Moonflower, Your right not much difference from one cult to another. If you changed a couple words like lds to assm you'd never know the difference. Had to shake that off and change gears! Thanks Summer. p.s. Did you find the soap?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
  Print  

Jump to: