AssemblyBoard
May 18, 2024, 03:02:41 am *
The board has been closed to new content. It is available as a searchable archive only. This information will remain available indefinitely.

I can be reached at brian@tucker.name

For a repository of informational articles and current information on The Assembly, see http://www.geftakysassembly.com

Home   Search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8
  Print  
Author Topic: Anyone Seen Tim Gefneverpaidanytaxes???  (Read 59209 times)
MGov

Email
« Reply #45 on: April 04, 2003, 07:50:40 pm »

I'm curious.  How does this tax thing work anyway?  If they received money from the saints, the taxes have already been paid on that money; do they have to pay taxes again?
Also, by not being registered, I understand that the assemblies did not benefit from any government handouts either.  So does it balance out in the end?

MG
Kimberley Tobin
« Reply #46 on: April 04, 2003, 09:53:57 pm »

In the "legal" sense, McGov, yes, I would say you are right, the taxes were already paid.  I think the issue being raised by those of us who are now questioning the system that was put in place is not a "legal" one, but one of moral ethics.  We tithed dutifully as assembly members (most of us did anyway, right?)  We were told that we were tithing without getting the normal deduction any other tithing church member, tithing to a 501(c)(3) organization would be getting, because we were being superior.  We weren't registering due to it being the last days, and we want to be able to go "underground" when the government starts demanding that the church "do this or that".  We were told our money was being used "for the Lord's work, both here and abroad."  

That was not the case.  All our money went to one place:  George's pockets.  And who knows where it all is now.  This man fleeced the flock, lining his own pocketbook, meanwhile hidiing behind a cloak of spirituality.  Makes me want to vomit.  So, yes, in the legal sense, the taxes were paid once.  Perhaps what really needs to happen is a criminal case of fraud.  Anyone ever hear of Jim Baker?

Boy we're we duped!!!!!!!  Big time!  I was a bookkeeper and I wouldn't stand for this in my own finances or that of a company I was working for, just throw the money in, no accounting for it, etc.  What a fool I feel like, how about any of you out there with an accounting background, feel similar?Huh? Roll Eyes

I will never tithe to a church ever again that does not issue me a yearly statement indicating how much I have contributed and issues a yearly statement to the congregation of where the money was spent.  

Accountability....................wasn't that something that was drilled into US, as the sheep of the assembly?
« Last Edit: April 07, 2003, 09:46:54 pm by Kimberley Tobin » Logged
vernecarty
« Reply #47 on: April 04, 2003, 10:28:32 pm »

Boy were we duped!!!!!!!  Big time!    
Boy I really like this Kimberley...! Hey folks, let's face it. This is the long and  short (-changed!) of the matter. Go Kimberley!! Grin
Verne
« Last Edit: April 05, 2003, 01:11:44 am by vernecarty » Logged
MGov

Email
« Reply #48 on: April 04, 2003, 11:03:05 pm »

Kimberley,

OK, so lets say(or maybe you are absolutely sure) that GG did line his own pockets with the Lord's money.  What does the Lord want us to do about it now?
Al, Verne I appreciate your input too, to my question.

Looks like Al's influence has worn off on you too. It's twice now that you have referred to me as McGov(and it doesn't really matter to me).  I was actually considering changing my username to McGov.  Initially I had wanted to use MG, but then I thought people might think I was a certain LB.  The I chose MsMG, and that didn't work out because I typed in my email address incorrectly and Brian wouldn't send me a password(no offense here Brian). So I settled with a new username MGov. That's the long and short of it - the history of my username.  You can keep calling me McGov, if you want to.
al Hartman

Email
« Reply #49 on: April 04, 2003, 11:03:55 pm »

We will see where a lot of the money went when the Geftakys' house is sold.  A lot of it probably went into improvements such as the peg-and-groove wood flooring and the backyard fountain.  And there may well be some buried in the back yard in coffee cans.

But we need to make a very important distinction:

Those who have mishandled the funds have a lot to answer for before God.

Those who GAVE the money did so as unto the Lord himself, and he accepted it as such, just as he did the widow's mite (which was destined to be misused by those who controlled the coffers).

When we gave, it was to the Lord's work.  Although men mishandled the funds, we did not, for we believed we were giving to God.  God honors that giving.

When they stole, it was not from our treasury, but from God's.  They did not steal from us, but from God.  There will be an accounting.
                                Matthew 25:31-46

Once again, as MGov (see, i got it right!) points out, i am honored to openly declare that the Lord has granted me 60 years thus far.  i want to point out, however, that i still get "carded" in stores and restaurants.  Only now it's to see whether i qualify for the senior discount!

Kimberley Tobin
« Reply #50 on: April 04, 2003, 11:32:07 pm »

MGOV Wink  

There was no malicious intent on my part in the spelling of your name.  My eyes are not what they once were and I could have sworn (if I was a swearing person) that it was McGov (again, probably a throwback to my parents hippie days and serving with them on the presidential campaign-as small a child as I was) hehehe Grin  Please accept my humble apologies.  I had an issue with my name back in the old days of this bb (people wanted to call me Kimmy, spell my name without an "e") so I understand.

In answer to your question.........What does the Lord want us to do about it?  I think he wants those who are in the know to act upon what they know with the authorities and for the rest of us, I can only answer for myself.  God is teaching me regarding His sovereignty.  I am trusting Him!  I tithed as unto the Lord.  He will judge these men who used the Lord's money for their own ends.  If they never receive an earthly judgement from the Lord, it won't matter to me.  I am leaving it in the Lord's hands.  It does not mean that I don't believe that these men need to be held responsible for the fleecing of God's flock.  But I will not lose sleep over it or be bitter about it.

I hope you understand I have nothing against you MGov, I am truly on this bb to help in the healing of those who have been affected by this place (including myself.)
vernecarty
« Reply #51 on: April 05, 2003, 01:01:44 am »

We will see where a lot of the money went when the Geftakys' house is sold.  A lot of it probably went into improvements such as the peg-and-groove wood flooring and the backyard fountain.

Oh no it didn't Al...didn't you know that all that remodeling work was done entirely gratis, courtesy of the many skilled saints in fellowship who just really wanted to serve (at His insistence) "The Lord's servant?"
'Fraid we gonna have to look elsewhere for that dough my man...
Verne
btw. don't you have to be over 50 to qualify for "seasoned citizen" status...? Not that I haven't worked hard for all this grey I am showing...it does have a nice ring to though, especially the "senior" part... Grin
« Last Edit: April 05, 2003, 01:09:00 am by vernecarty » Logged
drp

Email
« Reply #52 on: April 05, 2003, 02:36:51 am »

We will see where a lot of the money went when the Geftakys' house is sold.  A lot of it probably went into improvements such as the peg-and-groove wood flooring and the backyard fountain.  And there may well be some buried in the back yard in coffee cans.

Well, I can answer part of this.  The fountain was pre-Assembly, and the *first* big addition to the house (i.e. the garage conversion, the upper study and bedroom, and the "next to the kitchen storage") was paid for by the Geftakys's; Betty cashed in her school teacher retirement.  In those days, there wasn't a huge amount of money rolling in...I know...I helped Betty take care of it...
DP

vernecarty
« Reply #53 on: April 05, 2003, 03:23:52 am »

Hi Dennis:
You were somewhat before my time but your reknown lingered on after you left; good to see you on the BB.  I heard before you left you were once the ultimate insider...Hope you and yours are doing well...
Verne
vernecarty
« Reply #54 on: April 05, 2003, 03:30:47 am »

Have you seen 'My Big Fat Greek Wedding?'

Not yet; should I?
Verne
« Last Edit: April 05, 2003, 03:32:21 am by vernecarty » Logged
MGov

Email
« Reply #55 on: April 05, 2003, 11:41:49 am »

Kimberley,

(Re: McGov) I am not offended nor did I think that you were being malicious.  I was just having a little bit of fun at your expense.

Verne,

Have you seen 'My Big Fat Greek Wedding?'

Not yet; should I?
Verne

Actually I don't know what your taste is for movies.  We were on a humor post so I thought of a humorous movie.  I found it very funny, and thoroughly enjoyed it.  Please pre-view it, however, before having kids see it, so that you know where to fast forward.
BTW your age is still a mystery.  My guess 38.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2003, 11:42:54 am by MGov » Logged
vernecarty
« Reply #56 on: April 05, 2003, 07:58:36 pm »

BTW your age is still a mystery.  My guess 38.

Bless you my chile...Actually the event date is Setember 26, 1955...how old does that make me agian...? My wife says I don't look a second over 25...
I share September 26 with my oldest daughter Anna (who happened to be born two weeks late- smart kid); It would seem her destiny to eclipse her poor dad...guess who gets priority every September 26?
Verne
« Last Edit: April 05, 2003, 08:00:05 pm by vernecarty » Logged
Heide

Email
« Reply #57 on: April 07, 2003, 09:24:09 pm »

Let's  see if I can clear this up or just add more confusion onto it. It wasn't just the Geftakys family that did not claim income on their taxes. Also the workers! I won't say all the workers because I don't know, but the majority of them did not claim what they received from the assembly as income. From a biblical standpoint, render to Cesar what is Cesars. So on schedule C, there should have been an income reported. I also find it interesting that most people who were talked to are defiant about there taxes as if they may not be filing. Can you imagine the hundreds of thousands of dollars that rolled in, in cash mind you while families in the assembly went without? And on top of that, the people who lived with Betty & George, Tim & Ginger, who paid rent! What a scam.....

Does anyone know of George's younger years, what he did for employment? Where does the insurance company fit in?

Heide
Kimberley Tobin
« Reply #58 on: April 07, 2003, 09:48:35 pm »

Anyone:

Did the "workers" get money?  Any former workers want to respond?
Kimberley Tobin
« Reply #59 on: April 18, 2003, 02:31:44 am »

It's been 10 days and not one person has responded to my inquiry as to whether the workers received any money.  

I find that interesting.  I'm sure there are workers who are monitoring this site and NOT ONE has responded to clear the air?  Hmmmmmmmmmm.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8
  Print  

Jump to: