AssemblyBoard
May 20, 2024, 04:26:06 am *
The board has been closed to new content. It is available as a searchable archive only. This information will remain available indefinitely.

I can be reached at brian@tucker.name

For a repository of informational articles and current information on The Assembly, see http://www.geftakysassembly.com

Home   Search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
  Print  
Author Topic: Speaking of Paul McCartney . . .  (Read 23365 times)
David Mauldin
« Reply #45 on: April 28, 2005, 08:42:05 pm »

Last year my wife and I went to "The Fab Four" These guys are the next best hing to seeing the real Beatles!!!
Mark Kisla
« Reply #46 on: May 04, 2005, 03:25:22 am »

Last year my wife and I went to "The Fab Four" These guys are the next best hing to seeing the real Beatles!!!
Saw the same show...fun to see
Mark Kisla
« Reply #47 on: May 04, 2005, 03:46:12 am »

Huge egos involved too.  Lennon said at one point that "The Beatles are more popular than Jesus Christ."

I think it would have been hard to maintain a long term partnership with someone like this.....

Brent
I remember when Lennons Jesus statement came out, people really took offense although later Lennon explaine he was not knocken Christianity but he himself was shocked at all the fuss over the Beatles.
What was heavy was the governments concern over Lennons song,  Imagine

Imagine there's no heaven,
It's easy if you try.......
Imagine there's no countries,
It isnt hard to do....
Imagine no possessions,
I wonder if you can...
You may say i'm a dreamer,
but I'm not the only one....

John freaked a lot of older people out
« Last Edit: May 04, 2005, 04:07:33 am by Mark Kisla » Logged
LENORE
« Reply #48 on: May 06, 2005, 09:18:25 pm »

MAY 5,

THIS IS FOR NIGHTOWL:

I HAVE HAD INFORMATION YOU MAY HAVE NEEDED.

My ex husband has several website with some partner, on the subject of the Beatles.

I dont usually endorse anything my exhusband does. but he is still very much a BEATLE NUT, and is very informative in this area.

So

try:
bealtles.ncf.ca/timeline.html

or go to ASK JEEVES;
USE THE KEY WORDS:

BEATLES....JOHN WHELAN...OTTAWA..CANADA.

These websites are Ottawa Based.

SO I didnt share this information with you soon.

Lenore
M2
« Reply #49 on: May 06, 2005, 11:36:25 pm »

try:
bealtles.ncf.ca/timeline.html

or go to ASK JEEVES;
USE THE KEY WORDS:

BEATLES....JOHN WHELAN...OTTAWA..CANADA.

I found this neat lyrics site via the above mentioned channels:
home.att.net/~chuckayoub/the_beatles_lyrics.html

I remember when Beatlemania came to Ottawa in the early 80's (I think) and a bunch of us made it to the NAC(National Arts Center, Ottawa) for a concert.  They were like the real thing.  I have not heard the Fab Four perform.

Marcia
« Last Edit: May 06, 2005, 11:38:34 pm by Marcia » Logged
David Mauldin
« Reply #50 on: May 07, 2005, 02:00:57 am »

I didn't see Beatlemania but my wife did. She said The Fab Four were better. The guy who does Paul is uncanny!  He looks just like, plays left-handed and talks, has gestures so much like Paul it is freaky! The guy who does John is almost as good.  But "Paul" steals the show!
« Last Edit: May 07, 2005, 02:07:32 am by David Mauldin » Logged
night owl

Email
« Reply #51 on: May 10, 2005, 09:28:57 am »

Thanks, Lenore!

I saw Beatlemania in the late 70's at the Pantages Theatre. They were very good, but I enjoy the Fab Four's concerts more.
David Mauldin
« Reply #52 on: June 09, 2005, 09:15:18 pm »

I just bought my wife a B-day present. Signed copy of Flowers album by 4 of the Rolling Stones!  (I had it authenticated, it was signed two years ago at some function. It is signed by Mick, Ron, Kieth and Bill. I guess Brian couldn't make it!)  It cost the same as the one Paul McCartney autograph!
David Mauldin
« Reply #53 on: June 21, 2005, 03:22:16 am »

HEY PEOPLE JUST SAW THE FAB FOUR AT THE HOP (SMALL VENUE)!!!  THIS IS A MUST FOR ANY BEATLE FAN!!! THEY WERE SOOO GOOD!!!   I JUST KEPT THINKING THIS MUST HAVE BEEN WHAT IT WAS LIKE AT THE CAVERN!   THESE GUYS MUST HAVE GOTTEN THEIR PHD's IN FRAUD!  THEY HAVE EVERYTHING SO DOWN, THEIR VOICES, PERSONALITIES, THE WAY THEY LOOK INTO THE CROWD IN-BETWEEN SETS!!  IT IS ALMOST SUREAL!
« Last Edit: June 21, 2005, 08:12:37 pm by David Mauldin » Logged
David Mauldin
« Reply #54 on: June 23, 2005, 06:15:00 am »

Hey, I was just at the record/cd store in Orange. I would like to tell you that there is a signed photoraph of Ringo during the "Let it Be" sessions signed for $250.00 just siting there!  But I can't. I also bought two books written/illustrated by John!!!!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
  Print  

Jump to: