AssemblyBoard
May 18, 2024, 11:58:05 pm *
The board has been closed to new content. It is available as a searchable archive only. This information will remain available indefinitely.

I can be reached at brian@tucker.name

For a repository of informational articles and current information on The Assembly, see http://www.geftakysassembly.com

Home   Search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
  Print  
Author Topic: Hell's a little fuller  (Read 26147 times)
Arthur
« on: November 12, 2004, 04:53:13 am »

One more for the flame.  Arafat's dead.
Though much of the major media portray's him as a great guy, let's consider his list of heinous crimes:

-invented airline high-jacking's
-commanded the massacre of entire Christian villages in Lebanon
-responsible for the deaths of 11 unarmed Israeli olympic athletesin Munich in 1972
-planned many bombings of schools, pizzarias and other public places.
-responsible for the deaths of 21 children at a school in Ma'alot in 1974
-extortionist, gangster, liar, breaker of the peace accord he made in Olso, and the list goes on...

http://www.boston.com/news/globe/editorial_opinion/oped/articles/2004/11/11/arafat_the_monster/

http://www.paulreveresociety.com/ArafatTrailOfBlood.html

I can imagine him as the rich man being tormented in the flame this very moment.  In life he killed and lied his way to power, enjoyed the millions his racket made for him as well as world popularity (thanks Kofi), but in death he has no comfort from the incessant torment of the flame.

Arthur
« Last Edit: November 12, 2004, 05:02:40 am by Arthur » Logged
vernecarty
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2004, 05:05:48 am »

Christ also died for Palestinians. We should pray for the peace of Jerusalem.
Verne
Joe Sperling

Email
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2004, 05:50:09 am »

I read that Arafat may have made a request to be buried on the Temple Mount. The jews say they would never allow it, but the arabs say they don't care, they will do what they want. Even in death he still causes division.

--Joe
editor
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2004, 10:11:22 am »

I read that Arafat may have made a request to be buried on the Temple Mount. The jews say they would never allow it, but the arabs say they don't care, they will do what they want. Even in death he still causes division.

--Joe

I caught about 15 minutes of Limbaugh today, while changing the fuel filter on the Excursion.

He was talking about the Limbaugh doctrine for Israel/Palestine.  He basically said this:

1.)Peace has never been achieved on paper, sitting around a table negotiating.  It has only been achieved following victorius military action.

2.)Let Israel and the Palestinians fight it out, and after one side defeats the other, there will be peace.

I like this approach, because it makes things like Arafat and his potential burial plot non-issues.  It's not as if Yasser cares right now where his body ends up.  Even if he did care, why should they let him?  Did the Israeli athletes get to choose where they were buried?  

I was so happy this last week, knowing that Kerry wasn't president, and that Arafat was really ill.  Now that he's dead, I am even happier.  

Osama, you're next.....I hope.

Brent
vernecarty
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2004, 03:40:09 am »

--Joe

I caught about 15 minutes of Limbaugh today,
Brent

Limbaugh is not nearly as erudite as he pretends to be.
I once heard him dismiss the notion that there was repression in South Afica because Blacks there were in the majority!
I found it virtually impossible to take him in any way seriously after that asinine observation.
If military might were sufficient to achieve the peace in the Middle East, Israel would have it.
His analysis is right for an entirely different reason Brent.
Israel will be betrayed after being convinced by other nation states that its peace will come via rapraochment with her adversaries.
It will not. They can maintain, through military strength, their security though, which is an entirely different matter.
Remember, the sword will never depart from the house of David... Sad
Verne
« Last Edit: November 13, 2004, 03:48:05 am by vernecarty » Logged
summer007

Email
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2004, 10:41:09 am »

Although God is angry with the Wicked everyday, it also says he has no pleasure in the death of the Wicked. Why? because he's Long-Suffering not willing that any should Perish, but that ALL should come to repentance.
editor
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2004, 11:45:16 am »

Although God is angry with the Wicked everyday, it also says he has no pleasure in the death of the Wicked. Why? because he's Long-Suffering not willing that any should Perish, but that ALL should come to repentance.

Yes, I am aware of this verse.

It bothers me a little that I don't feel much compassion towards terrorists.  I know that Jesus died for them too....at least that's what virulent dogs (non-calvinists) believe.

Nevertheless, I can't seem to feel sorry for them, neither can I wish them well.  I don't want to be a missionary to terrorists either.  In fact, I really don't like them at all, and think that justice will be done when someone kills them.

If this makes me a Jonah, I need a big fish....perhaps that's just what I'll get.

One thing I won't be is a phoney, and pretend I have a heart of compassion for Islamic terrorists, because I certainly don't.

If you find it in your heart to love these people, Summer, then you are certainly more godly than I.  

God Bless,  and let all those who do not love our Lord Jesus be accursed.

Brent
summer007

Email
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2004, 07:22:28 pm »

Brent, Its God who so Loves the world. I too find it difficult to love terrorists. I personally don't know any. I do have a friend thats going to Teheran at the end of the month, I asked him to bring me a nice souvenier (like a persian rug) I hope he gets out. His mother is sick and he needs to visit her asap, he cannot get her or his sister out of the country. This person is a resent convert to Christianity, from the Muslim religion.   Summer.  Psalm of David 139:21-22 Do not I hate them, O Lord, that hate thee? and am I not grieved with those who rise up against thee? I hate them with a perfect hatred: I count them my enemies.                                                                
summer007

Email
« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2004, 07:32:59 pm »

Arthur, Its obvious they could do what they wanted. (except go to and from the compound) Summer...P.S. Did you hear about the slaying in Amsterdam? Muslims slit the throat of a video producer who did a film on Muslim woman. They vowed to kill him and they got him out riding his bicycle last tuesday, his last name was Van Gogh a distant relative of the Artist. Now people in Amstrdam are starting to re-claim their Christain Heritage. They've also retaliated by setting fire to a Mosque. They want the Muslims OUT! Interesting for such Liberal people. ( Our God is a consuming Fire)
summer007

Email
« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2004, 08:05:37 pm »

Just a Thought: How many Muslims would be saved if say Billy Graham would be blasted over the loud-speakers in the Arab nations 5 times a day? one, two, a thousand, a million. I would think there would be quite a few that would be saved. Thats why the Gospel is such a threat over there, the Power of Salvation. Although many have no consciences, or faith for that matter. Would you consider this casting your pearls before swine, that turn and trample you? (also bear in mind these are Abraham's off-spring through Ismael Hagar's son, and alot of the Koran has to do with this, as well as Mohammad being the profit, they speak of Moses and Jesus etc.) Has anyone read Salmond Rushties 'The Satanic Verses' ? BTW he still has a death-sentance on his life for writing the book.
M2
« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2004, 08:37:10 pm »

There's an interesting (older)article here:

Understanding and Responding to Islam in the Light of September 11

www.christianity.com/partner/Article_Display_Page/0,,PTID34418|CHID137699|CIID1479840,00.html

Friends of Israel website:
www.christianity.com/foi/

Marcia
« Last Edit: November 13, 2004, 08:39:17 pm by Marcia » Logged
editor
« Reply #11 on: November 13, 2004, 08:48:12 pm »

Just a Thought: How many Muslims would be saved if say Billy Graham would be blasted over the loud-speakers in the Arab nations 5 times a day? one, two, a thousand, a million. I would think there would be quite a few that would be saved. Thats why the Gospel is such a threat over there, the Power of Salvation. Although many have no consciences, or faith for that matter. Would you consider this casting your pearls before swine, that turn and trample you? (also bear in mind these are Abraham's off-spring through Ismael Hagar's son, and alot of the Koran has to do with this, as well as Mohammad being the profit, they speak of Moses and Jesus etc.) Has anyone read Salmond Rushties 'The Satanic Verses' ? BTW he still has a death-sentance on his life for writing the book.

Im not so sure, about Billy Graham being blasted over a loudspeaker...

We have 24/7 Christian radio here, and our society is hardly transformed.

In my mind, a strong case could be made that Muslims are cursed.

1.)They deny the deity of Christ, and give a man, Mohammed, pre-eminence over Jesus.

2.)They have added to, appended, and ignored God's word, both by dismissing part of it, and placing their own books above it.

3.)They hate the Jews.
4.)They treat women like dogs
5.)They sacrifice their children as part of their worshipful duty as muslims
6.)Lying, stealing, deceit, (Baksheesh) is woven  into the fabric of their culture, much more so than western nations.

I could go on....

Please, don't anyone counter this by arguing,  "You think we're Christians!  You don't think our culture has problems?!"

I didn't say anything about our culture in this post, but have said plenty in others.  Please don't do that.

Brent
summer007

Email
« Reply #12 on: November 13, 2004, 10:45:19 pm »

Marcia,  Thanks really good sites, and informative article. Summer. BTW Brent you do have a point about the Christian radio, the only problem is we have freedom of religion, they do not. Also did'nt Jesus say love your enemies, pray for them. Mt 5. The Lord will have peoples from every kindred, tongue, tribe and nation in heaven. He's the one who said, "forgive them, they know not what they do".  Clearly Muslim World Domination is their goal. And Paul said whoever does'nt Love the Lord let him be accursed. So if your enemy is hungry feed him, etc. God will take care for the Vengence, not us.
editor
« Reply #13 on: November 13, 2004, 11:46:22 pm »

Marcia,  Thanks really good sites, and informative article. Summer. BTW Brent you do have a point about the Christian radio, the only problem is we have freedom of religion, they do not. Also did'nt Jesus say love your enemies, pray for them. Mt 5. The Lord will have peoples from every kindred, tongue, tribe and nation in heaven. He's the one who said, "forgive them, they know not what they do".  Clearly Muslim World Domination is their goal. And Paul said whoever does'nt Love the Lord let him be accursed. So if your enemy is hungry feed him, etc. God will take care for the Vengence, not us.

Hi Summer,

Thinking about all this is really challenging for me.  There was a time when everything was clear-cut for me, including stuff like this topic.  

Love your enemies meant that if someone did something really wrong to me,  I would "bless" them in some way.  Here is an example:

I had an employee once,  (the first non-Christian to ever work for me)  and she did some stupid stuff, like tell patients she wasn't happy in her job when she heard they were hiring etc.  After confronting her about this, she gave notice, and made her last two weeks very awkward indeed, even telling me that I was a religious fanatic/hypocrite. (I'm sure I was, as I was totally serving Geftakys at the time)  

I gave her 3 weeks severence pay, and even bought her flowers for her last day at work,  because she was "against" me.  My thinking was that by doing so, I would "heap coals of fire upon her head," and that she would be won over by the "love" that I showed.  

I am sure that if her heart softened towards the Lord, I would be the last person she would call, because my actions were whacko at the time.  She had zero respect for me, as a person and as a Christian.

What I am trying to say is that I had a mindset that never allowed me to stand against anyone, or anything that was wrong, and never allowed me to defend myself.  If I was treated spitefully, I would rejoice that I was being persecuted, and would see it as an opportunity to share Christ.  When people owed me money, I wouldn't collect it, etc.   Plenty of "saints" have borrowed money from me and never repayed it.  

Today, I am convinced that I was totally wrong, and that people are much more inclined to listen to a person who has a backbone and who stands up for themselves when they are wronged.  I confused religious persecution---which I have not really experienced outside of the Assembly---with being treated unfairly by a mean person.  My reaction was strange, which earned me no respect at all, and actually hindered my testimony.

Now, I look at it differently.  If I don't stand up for what is right,  I don't help anyone, especially the person doing wrong.  I teach my kids to be kind, honest and forthright, but also teach them not to suffer abuse or bullying, and to stand up for themselves.  

So, back to the Muslim thing,  I think when it comes to nations things are even more different.  May God bless those who are led to share the gospel with Muslims.  I heard the two women (Heather and Dana?) who were missionaries in Afghanistan, who were imprisoned for sharing Christ.  They loved the Afghan people, but were also happy that our military killed the Taliban...interesting.

I think God gives nations the sword, in order to carry out justice in this world.  I won't take up the sword in order to execute judgement on unbelievers, neither will I use the sword to defend Christianity, but I have no problem with the idea of our military using the sword against another nation or people...

So, I don't have a heart of compassion for the Islamic nations, regardless of how I might feel about individuals who live there.  I do wish they would come to Christ, but they aren't going to, except in small numbers.  

I think they, as a nation, deserve to have justice administered to them.  The idea of feeding them, or helping them in any way is totally repulsive to me.  I see them as enemies, and don't want to help them anymore than I would want to help a rapist who has his eye on my daughter.  Rather, I would want to inflict violence with intent to kill on such a person.  I wouldn't pray with them, or hand them a tract either.

Rambling thoughts here, to be sure.

I'm just not so sure how to apply all those verses about loving enemies, wiping dirt of our feet, casting pearls before swine, and acknowledging those who are accursed.  It isn't so clear anymore.

One thing that is clear, is that I won't shed a tear, or even have a moment of pause over Yasser's death, neither will I mourn when Hussein, Bin Laden or any of the others meet their end.  I think it's neat that Hitler is dead too.

I will shout praises and give glory to God when the Beast and False Prophet are cast into The Lake of Fire as well as the wicked.  

Just being honest here, and I am open to instruction on the matter.

Brent
summer007

Email
« Reply #14 on: November 14, 2004, 12:17:12 am »

Brent, I think so many of us were taken advantage of in the Assm that its hard to trust anyone,(like x-files,trust no-one) we always have our guard up, I know the feeling. Also God loves the honest heart, better to be honest then hypocritical, as God see's and knows our hearts. He wants us to be real with him, otherwise what's the point, were only fooling ourselves. Anyways I like what you wrote and can relate. Summer.  p.s. Arthur, Yassars wife gets 22million a year out of Arafats 4 billion stash, not bad,eh. Also most Arabs have a thing for blonds, could explain the blond hair, and their are some blond Iranians I worked with one, he told me about it.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
  Print  

Jump to: