AssemblyBoard
May 19, 2024, 12:52:16 am *
The board has been closed to new content. It is available as a searchable archive only. This information will remain available indefinitely.

I can be reached at brian@tucker.name

For a repository of informational articles and current information on The Assembly, see http://www.geftakysassembly.com

Home   Search  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Striking Similarities  (Read 2792 times)
Arthur
« on: April 18, 2003, 10:02:17 pm »

I find it amazing, disconcerting and almost spooky all at the same time that there are similarities between Sadam's regime and George's ministry.  Check out the below quotes and you tell me that both these guys aren't dwelling in reality.  I would like to make the conjecture that all cults --Islam, Mormons, JW's, Catholics, and yes the Geftakys assembly, and many others-- are basically the same.  Moreover, I would postulate that the root cause for these cults is sinful human nature, expressing itself specifically in the areas of pride and lust for money, power, etc.--all participants being decieved by the father of lies, the Devil.  I would also say that every person wants to believe in something, but there is only one truth, namely Jesus, and all the other religions are counterfeits that destroy the souls of those who have been trapped in them.  

"There are no Americans infidels in Baghdad, never. Our initial assessment is that they will all die. I am not scared and neither should you be. They're not even within 100 miles of Baghdad."
-Iraqi Information Minister two weeks prior to the Americans conquering Baghdad.  

"Beloved, in His all-varied wisdom, which is infinite, don't look at the past, the old things, but "remember Me"! He gives us a holy expectation, and in that expectation is a new threshold rivers in the desert a new abundance. Secondly, floods upon dry ground from all our carnal weariness to deliver. Lastly, a higher commitment rivers in high places, a way in the wilderness... What is needed these days is a continuous witness for the Lord. It is only in unity that God can work. Those that are with Me gather; those that are against Me, scatter. The time is short; let us not squander our opportunities. He is revealing great things to us out of His law. The only way we can invoke it is by His great Name. Beloved, let us respond to it! Hallelujah!
Presently, I have a great privilege myself, and the team, to go to China, to refresh and to bring a word in season, to transmit vision in a time of need. The great opportunity to see many come into the kingdom and to gender spiritual care is here, to see life nurture out of death."  
-George Geftakys two weeks prior to being excommunicated.

« Last Edit: April 18, 2003, 10:07:05 pm by Arthur » Logged
al Hartman

Email
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2003, 12:32:54 am »

Beloved,

It has long been my belief that the one great motivator of natural mankind is FEAR.  All the quests for power, riches, superiority, diversion, oblivion, are all attempts to overcome FEAR.  The great Negro League pitcher, Satchell Paige, summed it up well saying, "Never look back-- something might be gaining on you."
     Perhaps the greatest statement ever made by a mortal to fellow mortals was said by President Franklin D. Roosevelt:  "We have nothing to fear but fear itself."  It is not the things of which we are afraid that devastate us, but the very FEAR of them.  Most, often all, of the destruction takes place without our ever actually encountering the objects of our fears.

These truths deliver the child of God from the bondage of fear:
     God is love.
     Perfect love casteth out fear.
     God hath not given us the spirit of fear, but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.
     Let not your heart be troubled; neither let it be afraid.
     Fear not.

When i was a young believer in Christ, the following was a great encouragement and source of awe to me.  It still is:

Fear knocked.
                             Faith answered.
                                No one was there.

al Hartman

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: