AssemblyBoard
May 17, 2024, 03:57:58 pm *
The board has been closed to new content. It is available as a searchable archive only. This information will remain available indefinitely.

I can be reached at brian@tucker.name

For a repository of informational articles and current information on The Assembly, see http://www.geftakysassembly.com

Home   Search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 13
  Print  
Author Topic: DAILY CHATTING ABOUT THINGS  (Read 107197 times)
lenore
« Reply #30 on: June 02, 2004, 08:54:01 pm »

JUNE 2: 11:33 AM:

OKAY AL:

TIM'S IS A CANADIAN THING. IT WAS FOUNDED ON BY A CANADIAN HOCKEY  PLAYER FOR THE TORONTO MAPLE LEAFS.

Not everyone likes the coffee. Maybe only Canadian can make good coffee here at Tim's.

I perfer the ice caps myself, and the apple cider is delicious.
Here the donuts are always fresh.  Especially Canadian Maple ones, anything with real Canadian maple sugar.

In this small town of over 7500 people, we have two Tim's.
One connected with Wendy's, and the other is alone.
The owner of both franchises is the same person, who use to play Old Joe Muffaw, at the school.  Old Joe Muffaw was written by a town historian Bernie Bedore, and song by Stompin Tom.

I'll have to go to the town library to get you further historical facts about this.

Tims' is Canadian. Renfrew a town 20 minutes away was the first  in the area. Now Arnprior has it own.
It put at least two local donut business out of business.

I think Tim's open 24 hours, and you can still walk pretty safe at night. It just a place where you can sit , visit, and have refreshments,  just hang out and fellowship with local townspeople, or by yourself, still be among people.
Tims is what use to be local diner was years ago.
A hang out for adult, teens, men, woman, couples , christian groups, before and after work,  alike.

Hope that clears it up some.  Maybe on your next vacation, come up to the Ottawa Valley, and have a cup of joe, at our local Tims.

Ice caps are delicious any time of the year. And the hot chocolate is really good with a cinnamon stick in it.
Dont forget the herbal teas are always available.

Maybe us Canadian are just a more hardy bunch of people, you know able to handle anything that is thrown our way, weather, ice storms, snow blizzards, humidity, power shortages. mad cow, sars, west nile, etc.
 Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Cool especially us rural types. before any one gets mad at me. I lived in the city for 12 years. So I know the difference.

Getting to your other points:
Eye contact:  I agree with you.
I have master the eye contact when I am listening to other people. I have too.
I am severly hearing impaired in one ear, and minor in the other.
So I must either appear to be attentive with the eye contact, or look like I am staring at people., because I am trying to follow what they are saying  by watching the mouth.
Especially have to do this in noisy enviroment,because the hearing wants to go to where the noise is.
I hate it when people cover there mouths when they are speaking, or looking down, then get they get fed up with you, when you ask them to repeat themselves.  
Some people do not have the eye contact, or body language edict .  
I have had the unfortunate embarassment, of speaking thinking I am answering, and my topic is way of the wall, and totally not what the other person was speaking of.
So unless it is a two way conversation only, I tend to blend in, and watch, unless I am absolutely sure of the topic they are speaking of, and then I usually will ask a question first.
Even in group prayers, I have watch those soft spoken voices, unless I jump in first, I count to 10 before jumping in and hope I have not jump on someone elses turn.

Conversation is not just verbal, it is written, it is signing, it is body language, it is eye contact, and it is lip reading.
With the deaf culture, they rely on the signing, eye contact, and body language and jesture of face, eyes, and mouth as well as their hands . If you ever watch a couple or a group of people who sign, it is a wonderful language.
They are going to fast for me to catch on to what they are saying, if you watch the body language you can get the tone of  their thinking.
I sign, but just signing, I still need someone to practice with so I can learn to read the signs.

Even baby talk, when you get a couple of babies/toddlers in a room, playing apart, yet chatting with one another. You see the  body language. I keep wondering if they understand each other.

Even watch animals, when they are trying to communicate something to you. The body language, and the way they watch our body language. The significance they play a role in eye contact and tones and attitudes of our words.
I may have taught my dog to speak words, and I know she understands many of my words to her. But it is her attentiveness to me as her alpha leader, that she can almost read my mind in what I want her to do. It is not the words, it is in the eye contact, and body language.

What about the blind. They cannot see faces, eyes, or body language, They listen to tones, attitudes and senses feelings of the person who is speaking.  They feel the written word rather than read it. ?

Writing is a talent, and I am comfortable with  it as an expressing of communication,  and I believe that if you want something done it is better to have a written request and copied. for future reference.
Writing as a conversational tool, is used when there is no body to talk to face to face.
Writing is still the cheapest way of communication, for visiting with a friend who live out the local phone area.
Writing you can get so much more detail down. Bring a situation to life, as if you are living it at the present moment.
Maybe writing is becoming a lost art form as a conversational tool.

I hope not.

TALK TO LATER AL:
IT WAS NICE TALKING TO YOU.
lenore
« Reply #31 on: June 03, 2004, 08:28:56 am »

Roll Eyes Cheesy ;)JUNE 2: 11:31 PM EST:

THIS IS JUST CHATTING:

LETS SEE WHAT DID I DO TODAY ?
1. I WENT AND HAD BREAKFAST AT THE MALL, AT A PLACE CALL APPLE SARAH , WITH MY PARENTS.
2. I WENT DID GROCERIES.
3. I CAME HOME AND PUT THE GROCERIES AWAY.
4. I GAVE THE DOG HER CARROT.
5. I PUT OUT THE DOG AND THE CAT WAS TIED, AND I SAT OUT WITH THEM ON MY PICNIC TABLE FOR A WHILE.
6. I SPEND TIME ON MY COMPUTER, GOING THROUGH DOCUMENTS AND DELETING THINGS TO MAKE MORE MEMORY SPACES.
7. I ANSWERED SOME EMAIL, AND BROWSE THROUGH B&B AND POSTED ON SOME THREADS.
8. MADE AND ATE SUPPER. HAD SOME CHICKEN WEINERS. AND ICE CREAM WHICH I KINDLY SHARED WITH MY DOG MISSY.
9. PERCY MY CAT AND I HAD A TIME OF CUDDLING.
10. TALK ON THE PHONE WITH LOIS, MY SPIRITUAL MENTOR
11. READ OUR LOCAL WEEKLY PAPER
12. WROTE A LETTER TO THE EDITOR, ASKING WHAT A GRILL BRA WAS ON A VECHILE. (I think it was a typo, so I joke , wanting to know more about the bra on this vechile, by the way what is an INTREPID, I have very little car knowledge)
13. READ MY MAIL, THEN RECYCLE THE SAME
14. PERCY SAYS MEOW
15. I AM GOING TO BED GOODNIGHT

LENORE
lenore
« Reply #32 on: June 03, 2004, 04:11:02 pm »

Smiley: GOOD MORNING: IT IS THURSDAY JUNE 3RD AT 7:09 AM EST.

MY TOPIC THIS MORNING IS "PET"PEEVES

At 6:30 am, the dog next door started to Howl.

He is a beautiful white husky, shepherd mix.
He is just barely one year old.

They put him out in the back yard, tie him up and leave him there.
No shelter nothing.

Maybe I spoil my animals.

I take Missy out, but I wait for her, and I tie out my cat because it is the law, but I sit at the picnic table waiting for the dog to do her hygienic business, make sure the yard is safely hers.

When I go in the door is open, or I am at the window for her watching her. If I dont, she in the front yard, sniffing around sensing the communication of other animals.

I feel that when you get a company animal, they must become a member of your family. It is a 20 year committment , it is like raising a child.  They look to their human leader(alpha of the pack), to provide for them, love them, care for them. In return you will have loyality, unconditional love, and protection.
An animal is not just a decoration that you have add to your home. An animal must be a member of the home.
In order to do this , you must spend time with them. train them, socialize them, until there is mutual trust and respect. other wise, you can produce a very dangerous animal.
I believe there are no bad dogs, only bad owners.

Maybe I am being harsh in this statement.
Like a child, raised in love, and animal raised in love, brings love.
An dog/cat or miscellous.  Can add a flavour to a family setting, but only if you allow that family member to be entrench into that family. The rewards that come from those furry family fourlegged members, can be a tremendous gift of comfort from God.
I believe God has granted us these company animal, just that.
A earthly source of comfort, pleasure, love, and companionship.

OKAY, IVE SAID ENOUGH ABOUT MY 'PET'PEEVE.

HAVE A GIDDAY FROM THE OTTAWA VALLEY AND I WILL TALK TO YOU LATER.

LENORE
al Hartman

Email
« Reply #33 on: June 03, 2004, 10:37:44 pm »

I tie out my cat because it is the law

Almost thou persuadest me to be a Canadian. Grin

I GAVE THE DOG HER CARROT.

What do you feed the rabbits? Huh

al Wink

lenore
« Reply #34 on: June 04, 2004, 09:27:01 am »

:)JUNE 4: 12:18 AM.

I GIVE MISSY CARROTS BECAUSE SHE LOVES THEM.

NOW IF THE RABBITS WANT SOMETHING TO EAT. THE GRASS IN MY BACK YARD IS SO TALL, THAT THEY WILL HAVE LOTS OF CLOVER AND OTHER GREENS.

My parents who live in Braeside, has a huge rabbit eating in their flower garden, Apparently this rabbit is eating the peony bushes.

The wild life in that village is almost as numerous as the people.
Between feral cats, bears, skunks, deer, wild turkeys, and garter snakes. There is also a fisher type of the weasel family that
has been going after domestic animals.

Yes there is a law in this town that cats should be tied up.
So I tie up my cat.
The dog just have to be under control.
Leashed when off your property.
This town also has a certain bylaw, that certain types of dogs has to be muzzled.

Some of towns bylaws are not exactly enforced.

Getting back to Missy and her carrots. One time she would go through 10 lbs of carrots a week.
I have her down to 5 pounds a week now. I have to limited
her intake of carrots because the sugar in the carrots were making her put on weight.
She perfer the carrots to the doggie cookies, but give her a raw hide chew bone, that another story, no body ever approach her
when she got a bone.

Today, I went swimming for the first time. I am a participant now for mental health clinic program. Which includes free swimming at the pool twice a week. I love swimming. Last year at this time I broke my ankle.

I slept  most of the afternoon away, It was also a exercise program in the pool.
It was so good to have a hot shower, that I didnt have tO boil the water.

Percy the cat, says hello, and is helping me type. He does not eat carrots,but likes apples.

It is so frosty at nights, for the beginning of June.
There has been frost on roofs and cars for the last few mornings.
I just hope eager gardeners havent put out their tomoto plants out yet. Because they will need to be replanted if not properly covered.

mosquitoes are out about 9 pm, in full force. Spring may have sprung , so have the bugs.

Lets see, I've talked about my dog, my cat, the weather, the bugs, swimming. and my nap.
I think that about raps it up.

I was sent this in the mail today by my 17 year old daughter.
Today is NATIONAL KISS DAY. Kiss

It was an email version of a chain letter, but the contentions is kind of cute.
============================

THE NATIONAL KISS DAY:

>Think about this... You may not realize it, but it's 100% true.
>
>1. At least 2 people in this world love you so much they would die for you.
>
>2. At least 15 people in this world love you in some way.
>
>3. The only reason anyone would ever hate you is because they want to be just like you.
>
>4. A smile from you can bring happiness to anyone, even if they don't like you.
>
>5. Every night, SOMEONE thinks about you before they go to sleep.
>
>6. You mean the world to someone.
>
>7. If not for you, someone may not be living.
>
>8. You are special and unique.
>
>9. Someone that you don't even know exists, loves you.
>
>10. When you make the biggest mistake ever, something good comes from it.
>
>11. When you think the world has turned its back on you, take a look: you most likely turned your back on the world.
>
>12. When you think you have no chance of getting what you want, you probably won't get it, but if you believe in yourself, probably, sooner or later, you will get it.
>
>13. Always remember the compliments you received. Forget about the rude remarks.
>
>14. Always tell someone how you feel about them; you will feel much better when they know.
>
>15. If you have a great friend, take the time to let them know that they are great.
>  ==========================================

The instruction was to send this to 15 of your friends.
etc. etc. etc.

What I did was copy down all of Sara's friends email address and send them a dayspring christian ecard instead.
The Gospel was send out.

I probably hear from Sara about this in not uncertain terms. Teenage language and attitude no less.
But...............!!!!

TALK TO YOU LATER.

JUST CHATTING WITH YOU.
LENORE

p.s. enclose picture is my daughter sara and the cat percy.

lenore
« Reply #35 on: June 04, 2004, 08:50:45 pm »

:-*HAPPY NATIONAL KISS DAY TO YOU ALL Kiss

:-*KISS YOUR SPOUSE if you have one Kiss

:-*KISS YOUR CHILDREN Kiss

:-*KISS YOUR PETS Kiss

:-*GIVE A CHRISTIAN KISS OF GREETING OR BLESSING :-*This is biblicial Kiss

:-*JUST BLOW A KISS TO THE WIND Kiss

Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss

:-*HAPPY NATIONAL KISS DAY TO EVERYONE ON BB Kiss

:-*GIDDAY FROM THE OTTAWA VALLEY Kiss
 :-*TALK TO YOU LATER Kiss
« Last Edit: June 04, 2004, 08:53:24 pm by LENORE » Logged
Helms

Email
« Reply #36 on: June 07, 2004, 11:15:38 pm »

Not sure where this would go. Here is as good as anywhere I suppose. I got a bit of a flashback at church last night. My pasotr has been talking about marriage and divorce and remarriage. Well, last night he said that adultery is the only biblical reason for a divorce. Now, my pastor has been raised in a church enviornment. He is a second or third generation pastor. I'm not sure he's had to deal with spousal abuse. He has all this woo hoo for marraige that I have never had. I guess I should go and ask him about spousal abuse. I don't really think he considered it, you know? Or maybe he has and I am just uninformed. However, I'm not sure how to go about this or even if I should. Can someone here help me know what to say? I'm thinking along the lines of bringing up the Assembly. I've mentioned it to him, but he'd never heard of it. I am not sure that's the best way to go about it as to bring it up. Maybe I should just put it as hey I've got a question. Huh Well whatever. Any input would be appreciated. Smiley I'm pretty sure it's ok to ask questions, but I am not so sure about raising my hand in the middle of his sermon which is what I was dying to do last night. I'm so glad this place is here. Maybe you guys can understand my anxiety more so than anyone.
outdeep

Email
« Reply #37 on: June 08, 2004, 12:26:38 am »

Helms,

I would guess that your pastor is aquanted with spousal abuse.  He probably didn't speak about it because the Bible doesn't mention it in connection with marriage and divorse.

If there is opportunity for you to catch the pastor with a free moment, I would ask what his position is on marriage and divorse as it relates to spousal abuse.  I know of few pastors who are unwilling to answer questions unless it is presented to them in a way they feel threatened (such as interrupting their sermon which you were wise not to do).

Most everyone (except for a nut I know in SLO) believes that if someone is being physically abused by his or her spouse, separation is in order.  There are probably different views when it comes to divorse and/or remarrage.  Again, since the Scriptures doesn't address this specifically, opinions on this is based upon conjecture.

One more thing, Helms.  Don't feel that you have to justify yourself and explain your Assembly past just because you have a question.  When I first left the Assembly, I felled compelled to talk to everyone about my Assembly experience.  I think you may probably have the same need.  However, make sure that you are in a safe environment with someone who truly wants to listen.  You can make an appointment with  the pastor or someone else you trust.   Offering to buy lunch or breakfast is a good ice breaker providing the person is the same sex as you are.

-Dave
lenore
« Reply #38 on: June 10, 2004, 09:00:59 am »

Wink
JUNE 9TH 11:44 PM:

HEL  LO     OOOO : BB GANG.

HOW IS EVERY ONE TODAY? WE HAD A THUNDERSTORM TODAY.
EARLY THIS MORNING IT WAS SO HUMID THAT I COULDNT BREATHE, THEN WE HAD A THUNDERSTORM. IT HAS CLEARED OUT THE  HUMIDITY OUT OF THE AIR.

MY MOTHERS SAYS IT IS TORNADO WEATHER BECAUSE OF ALL THE HOT AIR , WITH OUR FEDERAL ELECTION CAMPAIGN GOING ON THIS MONTH!!

I HAD BREAKFAST WITH MY FOLKS TODAY AT AUNT SARAH'S CAFE.
MY FOLKS COMES IN TO WASH AT THE COIN WASH, THEN HAVE BREAKFAST, THEN DO THEIR GROCERIES.

MY MOTHER BROKE HER BABY TOE THE OTHER DAY, FALLING DOWN THE STAIRS.

AFTER COMING HOME TO DAY. I TRIMMED A BUSH IN FRONT OF MY HOUSE.
THEN I WENT TO A DAY PROGRAM , THAT I AM NOW PARTICIPATING IN, THIS GROUP IS ACTIVITIES GROUPS, THAT MEET WITH OTHERS WHO SUFFER FROM  MOOD DISORDERS: LIKE DEPRESSION ETC.  
I HAVE MADE A COMMITTMENT FOR THE SUMMER TO DO THIS.

The web site on this is: www.mooddisorders.on.ca

We had lunch together, then we all sat around a huge table and
played bingo.  I won a game and came home with a very nice prize, thank you very much.  
It was a lot of fun. One of the workers was caller, but she kept dropping the bingo balls from the slot, she was constantly crawling under the table to retrieve it.

Then we sat around and just visited.

I came home, swept my floors, change my cat litter, gathered my garbage and took it to the corner.
There is a clothing pick up tomorrow, so I carried out 13 bags of
clothes that my daughter Sara can no longer wear.

Watch Canadian Idol?? Hello Marcia, did you see it!!
I also got a DVD on the Beverly Hillbillies:
This is a program that pure clean laughs, especially with Granny and Cousin Pearl get into the cat fights.

At least tonight there are no mosquitoes biting, the wind just carries them away.

Nice chatting with you about daily things.
So how was your day Al.

Helm , hows it going.

D. how the weather out your way?

Today is a day of regrets for me> Today would of been my 25th wedding anniversay. The should of , could of's, would of", has been plaquing me all day.
I know it is ridiculous, especially when I really saw 2 anniversaries as a couple of eight years of marriage, I have been divorced since 1987, receiving my divorced papers on my 8 wedding anniversay.
But I dont know , I cant explain it.  The 25th. just something about that. Just knowing, that this could of been a milestone.
I am just , I dont know what I am just! But I am just!

25 years ago , It was a Saturday. It was a 7pm evening wedding.
It was held in a little church in Braeside, which my Grandmother played the organ for 30 years. It was a little Presbyterian church.
My Grandmother belonged to the Brethren church.
My parents were married in that church, October 21, 1955.
I was married June 9 , 1979.
This church is no longer a church, it was converted in to a house quite some years ago.

My sister was my matron of honour, she was expecting my neice at the time. Her and my brother in law was married June 10, 1978.
My ex. brother stood up for him.
My bridesmaid were two first cousins of mine.
There dresses were in pastel, yellow, peach, blue.
It was a comic of errors. Not to mention there was 5 deaths in amongst that wedding. Including my Dad's parents.
My beloved Grandfather and my Grandma M.

My sister forgot the ring I was to give my husband.
The minister was going to let us borrow his, but my brother in law went and found it.

My bridesmaids were late, Not I.

There was a little boy who was going to take a polaroid picture, and got behind the minister. The minister waited.
All you heard was click and ssing of the camera.

They  move my mother over because the church was crowded.
My dad asked "Where the old lady"
My dad step on my dress.

Since it was a old church , rarely used, they polished the old pews, which was sweating.

Back in front of my parents front yard, the wedding pictures were being taken.
My mother found out she was still wearing the price tag on her dress.
The camera man , trip over a rubarb patch, and we got a good picture of the clothes line.
We have a picture of my brother who was 17 at the time, pulling up his fly.
The bridal car party, drove from Braeside to Arnprior, and around arnprior, before going to the reception hall.
We turned the street before, one of my ex.'s friends kept driving all the way to the park honking his horn all by himself.
During one of the square dances, another friend of my ex's was dancing with a first counsin of mine, and this cousin ended up twilling this poor fellow so hard, he hit the wall.
When the garter was thrown , it was caught by a 10 year old boy.

Otherwise it was a good party.

Maybe I was just looking back at a day of remembering.
The marriage was not good, due to abusive situation.
But it was a good party, after all the funeral we had to go to prior and after this occurred.
I always said my marriage had no choice but to die too.
In sympathy with all the family members we lost that year.
My grandparents were married 66 years and died 66 days apart.
They left five generations.

My parents, they endured difficult times, especially my dad's alcoholism, will be married 49 years this October.

Out of us three kids. Only one marriage survived. My sisters who celebrating her 26th tomorrow.

So I guess statitical, my family proves it one in three marriage works. There marriage is a duplicate of alcoholic home.

Thank you for allowing me to share my trip down memory lane today.

Lenore

al Hartman

Email
« Reply #39 on: June 10, 2004, 10:22:28 am »

...Today would of been my 25th wedding anniversay. The should of , could of's, would of", has been plaquing me all day.

...I dont know , I cant explain it.  ...The 25th. just something about that. Just knowing, that this could of been a milestone.
I am just , I dont know what I am just! But I am just!

Lenore,

Every day is a milestone.  I understand what you are saying, and I do not mean to belittle your feelings in any way.  I too am subject to frequent assaults of melancholy over things that have been or that might have been.  But the cloud, dark and dense and real as it may be, has a silver lining:  God is perfecting His work in us in spite of all other considerations, and every day is a milestone along that way.

So, I know what you are just...  You are justified by the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, through faith.  Whatever sad feelings you might know for a season, you can also know that He who has begun a good work in you will continue it until the day of our Lord Jesus Christ.  That makes today a good and special day in anybody's book!

al Cheesy

lenore
« Reply #40 on: June 11, 2004, 03:15:52 am »

Smiley Thank you Al. Justified by God.

I was still kind of reliving the past again today. Going over my wedding pictures.

This book will be going to our daughter soon.

If I had known my ex. email, I would of sent him a sympathy card., He is also turning 50 this year.

It is hard at times I have not seen or spoken to him in almost 10 years.
Yet we share a daughter and two grandsons.

He was not a Christian.
and other things.

Today is sunny and a little cooler.
I went to the New Hope Center for Christian Counselling trying to get my confidence up, and learn how to absorb what I spiritually eat.

Darryl W. is a good christian counsellor, and a pastor.

I went and saw My aunt Hazel, at the Villa, a retirement home.  I got in some sign language practicing. When I am practicing with her. It shows me how much I still have to learn. I need to learn how to read that language.

Went to the mall.
Bought 6 package of flower seed for $1.00 .
Came home and planted a couple of the package, after dealing with the animal needs.
Put in a couple of loads of laundry.

So pretty normal.

TALK TO YOU LATER.

LENORE
M2
« Reply #41 on: June 11, 2004, 07:36:34 am »

Hi Lenore,

I watched 'Touched by an Angel' today 5pm - 6pm on CTS antenna 32.   An interesting show.  All things work together for good... by God's plan.

Love you,
Marcia
lenore
« Reply #42 on: June 11, 2004, 08:16:55 am »

:)Hello Marcia:

I love Touch By an Angel, unfortunately without cable or satellite, I only get CJOH, clear on a good day.

I have video's on the series.

I liked Promise Land.
I liked Seventh Heaven.

I tried to get into Joan's Ark but I cant seem to get into it.

I even got a letter from Della Reese.

I think John Dye's a cutie.

Shows like this , was always inspirational, even sometimes you didnt agree with some of the teachings.  They were getting the gospel out somehow. And they had a big audience.  
Della is a pastor in a church.  
And she is not as young as she use to be.

I wish they would of continued to make first run shows.
This show was a shining light in amongst some of the worst dark sided shows on television at the time.

Talk to later

Lenore
lenore
« Reply #43 on: June 11, 2004, 08:20:12 am »

CHECK OUT THIS WEB SITE:

www.faithflashes.com

they have inspirational movies, you can view one for free, by pressing the webmaster button.

follow the directions.

they have wonderful messages, and wonderful presentations. They will make you reflect, think, and be inspired.

CHECK IT OUT, YOU WILL BE GLAD YOU SPEND THE FEW MINUTES
outdeep

Email
« Reply #44 on: June 11, 2004, 07:10:16 pm »

The few times I watched it, I enjoyed "Touched by an Angel".  Though it often runs the risk of being sappy, it is an oasis in a vast wasteland cynicism and sex obsession.  Take a look at Chuck Colson's book How Now Shall We Then Live.   He has a chapter on how the series came about.  The original idea started with a couple of angels who were constantly bickering and disliking their job.  An evangelical Christian at the network confronted this and pitched an idea that was more theologically agreeable.

The original Christie pilot was good.  Towards the end of the season, they began departing from the text and taking on more "politically correct" issues.  If nothing else, it should inspire you to read the Catherine Marshal book which is excellent.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 13
  Print  

Jump to: