AssemblyBoard
May 03, 2024, 03:57:19 am *
The board has been closed to new content. It is available as a searchable archive only. This information will remain available indefinitely.

I can be reached at brian@tucker.name

For a repository of informational articles and current information on The Assembly, see http://www.geftakysassembly.com

Home   Search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 13
  Print  
Author Topic: DAILY CHATTING ABOUT THINGS  (Read 106891 times)
al Hartman

Email
« Reply #15 on: May 27, 2004, 07:24:24 am »

Lenore,

I couldn't connect with that hyperlink, but found the site here:

http://www.bewellweb.com/cogans/thinkjerm/games/flash/parachute.swf

I haven't had time to try it yet, but will let you know how I do...

al

lenore
« Reply #16 on: May 28, 2004, 02:26:00 am »

Lenore,

I couldn't connect with that hyperlink, but found the site here:

http://www.bewellweb.com/cogans/thinkjerm/games/flash/parachute.swf

I haven't had time to try it yet, but will let you know how I do...

al

THANKS AL:

HAVE YOU SEEN THE SITE ON:

www.pathways-to-peace.com
www.theinterviewwithgod.com

They are beautiful sites. One of reflective meditation with God. I spelt meditation, medication, maybe that would even fit too.

PS: I am finally going to get my clothes off the line after aweek of spending it out side in the rain.

I am going to a wake tonight, and went an bought cheese and crackers for the after funeral reception at the church tomorrow.

It was a elderly member of the church. She was born in 1915.
and was a resident of the local nursing home.
SHe is also a member of one of our deacons.
She was nice elder lady. Always had a handshake and a hello.
She will be missed, but she is with Christ now. So it is not goodbye, SEE YOU LATER.

I better get going if I am to accomplish all that I need to get done.

Nice chatting with you Al.

HAVE A GIDDAY.
lenore
« Reply #17 on: May 28, 2004, 02:36:24 am »

MAY 27: 5:41 PM EST:

THIS IS SOMETHING TO PONDER:

Congenial conversation what a pleasure. The right word at the right time is beautiful:

Proverbs 15:23 (The message)

NKJV:  A man has joy by the answer of his mouth. And a word spoken in due season, how good it is.

NCV:  People enjoy giving good answers! saying the right word at the right time is so pleasing.

SO AL:  DO YOU THINK THIS VERSE: IS BLESSING JUST TALKING TO EACH OTHER , WITH EVERY DAY CHATTER.

Huh
al Hartman

Email
« Reply #18 on: May 28, 2004, 07:04:05 am »

I am finally going to get my clothes off the line after aweek of spending it out side in the rain.

That is one LOOOooooooong rinse cycle!  But at least it's all-natural! Grin

Congenial conversation what a pleasure. The right word at the right time is beautiful:

Proverbs 15:23 NKJV:  A man has joy by the answer of his mouth. And a word spoken in due season, how good it is.

DO YOU THINK THIS VERSE: IS BLESSING JUST TALKING TO EACH OTHER , WITH EVERY DAY CHATTER.

Wow, what a loaded question that can be!  The key to its answer, I think, is the word "chatter."  Chatter is what my teeth do when I'm really cold.  They move rapidly & uncontrolably-- not a good description of what responsible conversation should be.  Just how important IS what we say, anyway?

Jesus SPOKE our world into existence.  With God's approval, Adam gave a name to every creature.  The Lord holds everything together by the power of His Word.

The third chapter of James deals so seriously with the power and responsibility of human speech that I would be tempted to take a vow of silence & never speak again, except that I know that God has not given to us the spirit of bondage to fear, but the Spirit of power, of love, and of a sound mind.

So I think that our everyday CONVERSATION, as the redeemed children of God, can and should be edifying, encouraging, joyful, beautiful, pleasurable, if at all possible.  It can be holy, righteous, and spiritual without necessarily being of a religious nature.  It only needs be honest, and the product of a heart that desires to know Christ better and to please Him more fully; the speech that emanates from a heart that has prayed "Lord, not my will, but Thine be done."

Such communication must surely include discussion of the weather, happy occasions, illnesses, money matters, traffic, crime, sports, what have you...  But from the mouth of the child of God it will come forth in season, to bless, not necessarily by its spiritual overtones, but by its appropriateness for the moment.

So I hope I am answering your question by saying that Proverbs 15:23 definitely applies to our talking to each other every day, but not in idle chatter.

God bless us all,
al

sfortescue

Email
« Reply #19 on: May 28, 2004, 09:19:42 am »

The Lord has been showing me recently that sometimes I talk too much.  I need to be sensitive to whether those listening to me are really interested, or whether they are just being polite.

The thing that I have a hard time with is paying close enough attention to other people to remember things about them.  Math and science are easier to remember because the information is available in an orderly, organized form.  Information about people tends to be disorganized and hard to keep track of.  The advantage of the BB is that there's plenty of time to ponder.

Proverbs 15:28
The heart of the righteous studieth to answer: ...

When I was young I hardly ever talked at all.  That simplified things, but means that I haven't had much practice.
al Hartman

Email
« Reply #20 on: May 28, 2004, 07:45:52 pm »

The Lord has been showing me recently that sometimes I talk too much.  I need to be sensitive to whether those listening to me are really interested, or whether they are just being polite.

Well, those who are impolite certainly offer less of a challenge to our sensitivity, don't they?!  Grin

What you describe, Stephen, is a wonderful thing to be realizing, at any stage of life.  Of course the key to being sensitive (as with anything else in a Christian's life) is to ask the Lord to teach you...

The thing that I have a hard time with is paying close enough attention to other people to remember things about them.  Math and science are easier to remember because the information is available in an orderly, organized form.  Information about people tends to be disorganized and hard to keep track of.  The advantage of the BB is that there's plenty of time to ponder.

PEOPLE are disorganized and hard to keep track of!  Trust the Lord, and ask of Him-- He alone has no problem with this state of affairs. Wink

Proverbs 15:28
The heart of the righteous studieth to answer: ...

The word for "studieth" in this verse is a study in itself...

When I was young I hardly ever talked at all.  That simplified things, but means that I haven't had much practice.

Stephen, two points:

1.  I personally remember a portion of that time in your life...  Your silence may have seemed to simplify things for you, but it sometimes made relating to you pretty tricky for the rest of us. Cool

2.  No excuses on the "practice" thing, Brother:  You haven't been young for a   L   O   N   G   time! Grin

Seriously, Steve, when the Lord is teaching any of us something, it is exciting for us all!  You have been contributing significantly to the discussions of this board, and any additional depth that may be added to your understanding will surely benefit many here, and wherever else your influence may spread.

Keep looking up!

al

sfortescue

Email
« Reply #21 on: May 29, 2004, 09:05:47 am »

There I went talking too much again.  I didn't study enough for that answer.

Proverbs 10:19
In the multitude of words there wanteth not sin: but he that refraineth his lips is wise.

Al,

You've had a lot more time to practice than I have, so what's your excuse?
al Hartman

Email
« Reply #22 on: May 29, 2004, 10:51:25 am »

Al,

You've had a lot more time to practice than I have, so what's your excuse?

You've got me there, Brother!  I confess:  I'm inexcusable!!! Embarrassed Roll Eyes

al Wink

lenore
« Reply #23 on: May 29, 2004, 02:53:02 pm »

Thank you Al for being a teacher: The Lord has gifted you with the talent to teach.
Thank you and Stephen for sharing this site.
The discussion just reading them, can be gleaned.
Gift of talking is also a gift.
Gift of listening is another gift.

THese gifts can be learned once we get out of our own comfort zone, but I believe God plants different people natural talents in those areas too.

On a lighter note:  ;)Maybe you just didnt have the chance to talk when you were younger, and just making up for lost time.
I know when I get too talkative, usually on the subject of me.
if I may confess. Its because I been alone too much, and crave the attention of others, and if I been alone too much, there no one to talk to outloud, but the dog or the cat.
So I forget to listen, and just talk, maybe because I have company, maybe I just want to be able to hear myself, The mouth just needs the exercise.  This is just some of reason why I spend too much time talking.  But I am learning too in this. Or maybe because 12-14 years ago I was a volunteer reporter, and learned the gift of gab...!!!!

TALK TO YOU LATER.
lenore
al Hartman

Email
« Reply #24 on: May 30, 2004, 12:42:34 am »

Thank you Al for being a teacher

You are too kind.  Actually, it would be a good idea for you to not refer to me as a teacher-- people may begin to question your judgment & doubt your credibility. Wink

...gifts can be learned once we get out of our own comfort zone

If this is true, I should be learning lots of gifts because the only "zone" in which I find comfort is sleep, & even then I sometimes awake on the floor, chewing on a blanket. Grin

But, seriously, we speak of "the gifts of the Holy Spirit" as if they are "things" that we can lay hold upon and handle.  The gift IS the Holy Spirit, and the "gifts" to which we refer are His various manifestations in & through His saints.  The only learning we can really do is to learn Christ, for He is always submissive and responsive to the will of His (our) Father in heaven.

...I get too talkative, usually on the subject of me.
if I may confess. Its because I been alone too much, and crave the attention of others, and if I been alone too much, there no one to talk to outloud, but the dog or the cat.

I used to talk to myself a lot.  I was able to say aloud in private the things I was afraid to say in public.  I grew to like the sound of my voice, and become more confident in my ability to express myself.  With this increased confidence came a boldness, by which I was not only able to express my opinions (still in private), but to answer myself with rebuttals and criticisms. Shocked  That became a little hard to take Roll Eyes, and it was then that I began to converse with my two dogs...

"Converse" is not quite an accurate description.  It is a monologue, now without fear of rebuttal or critique, for they are dumb (and dumber).  But none of this is adequate preparation for dialoguing with other real, live people.  And besides, up to this point I am pulling your leg a bit about to whom I talk. Grin
................................................................................................................................

The truth is, we are never alone.  Our thirst for attention can only be slaked by the ministrations of Jesus Christ.  The attentions of all others are insubstantial, and we shall thirst again.  We need to learn that Christ is with us always, in every circumstance, dwelling in us, attuned to us, prepared to hear our every prayer.  Never let religious formality rob you of the reality that prayer is simply conversing with, talking to, God.  Okay, so that lays the groundwork for learning to talk, but what about the listening part?  What about the learning to be sensitive to the other party?

I defy anyone born of the Spirit of God to ask the Lord about Himself and not immediately think of a passage of scripture from which to learn.  I don't mean some mystical closing the eyes & opening the Bible & stabbing at the page with your finger...  I'm saying that if you ask God to teach you about our Redeemer He will at once remind you of some quality of Christ which you can look up and receive from Him.  

This is how God speaks to us.  It may be a verse or only one word, or perhaps a theme, any of which may be found instantly or require intense research to discover.  But we are speaking of learning to be sensitive to the speaking party, are we not.  Learn to be sensitive to the Spirit of God and you will find your sensitivity to your brother or sister marvellously enhanced.

So I forget to listen, and just talk, maybe because I have company...

Listen to your company.  You already know what you have to say...  What they say should be infinitely more interesting.

...maybe I just want to be able to hear myself...

Next time you're alone, make a tape recording.  Make sure you're alone when you listen to it, too.

The mouth just needs the exercise...

Chew gum.  Blow bubbles.  Yawn.
...................................................................................................................................

OK, Folks, I've been yanking your chain a little bit.  I just got back from a restful vacation & I'm feeling frisky.  But I'm serious, too.

Just think about it:  What more marvelous gift could we have received than the invitation and ability to hold discussion with our God and Father whenever and wherever we desire?  Imagine, the King of kings and Lord of lords actually desires to speak to us (not at us, but with us), and to hear what we have to ask of Him!  We are blest above all the peoples of the earth.  The world over, men and women are trying to work their way into favor, and God has swung wide open the door to us!  Let us be found in His courts rejoicing...

al

lenore
« Reply #25 on: May 30, 2004, 06:46:26 am »

MAY 29, 9:55 PM EST.

You are modest: Yes you are a teacher:

Cheesy ;)Besides I was taught to respect my elders Grin Wink
Ha, Has,,,,,,

I just read you post, and if that isnt being a teacher, I dont know what you would call it.

You concise, articulated, sensitive, and like you said bold.

I can be comfortable in my aloneness, it is loneliness that becomes loud.

I know I am not alone, but sometimes I want an earthly representative  there was a little saying I heard years ago.
"God with Skin on",  

I am paraphrasing the story:

About a little girl, who was scared of the dark, She had called her Daddy several times,  He looked under the bed and in the closets to assure he had chase the monster out of her room.
Daddy told that she was not alone , God was with her. He went back to bed.  She called Daddy, Daddy.  He went into her room,
and said tiredly, Didn't I tell you God was with you.
She just cried all the more, But I needed God with Skin on.
That was her Daddy, God's representative on earth for that little Girl.
Sometime even at 47,  I needed that earthy representative of God. I am a doubting Thomas, I know.
but there are times when I just need the assurance of
"God with Skin On".

Am I making sense:

------------------------------------

It was a beautiful sunny day today, but it was windy. There was grey clouds, but the wind blew them out of the area.
My back yard  has never fully dried up , with all the rain we been having, the grass has started to bury the dog, when she back there. All you see is her head.

I just finish watch Sue Thomas F.B.Eye.
I like this show, it is a police mystery show, but a clean one.
It is about the relationship between the co workers in the FBI office, And the main character Sue, is deaf with a hear aide dog.
It is the sign language that I like to watch. Because although I can do the signs, it is in the reading I have not had any practice, My aunt who is 89 , and a deaf mute, signs , I am in the dark, especially when she goes too fast.
So at least with watching a show like Sue Thomas F>B> Eye
I can get in some reading practice with the signs.

Well before the time gets away from me. I need to do my sunday school preparation.
We are now across the Red Sea and into the wilderness.
So  my 5 year Micha, and I will be waiting on the manna.
Micha is the pastors son , child number two, son number 1.
He just turn 5. I have taught him sunday school since age of 2 years.
So he calls my grandma. He is a year younger than my two grandsons.
The first time he said that , I was okay. But it got kind of nice after awhile, I do not like Mrs. Whelan.... and for a child to say Grandma, or Auntie, is better than the first name.
I was taught that.  I had so many adopted Grandparents growing up.  Sadly they are all gone. including my own.

When I was two, my mother has a four generation picture.
All women generation,  me, my mom, my grandmother, and my great grandmother.
When my oldest daughter was five years old, I got my last four generation picture , Christie, me, my mom and my grandmother.
all women generation again.
Now that my grandsons are born, I have a four generation picture when they were 3 days old.
the boys, my daughter, me, and my mom.
When they were 3 years old, I have a four generation picture of
the boys, my daughter, me, and my parents.

These types of memories are irreplaceable. and precious.

My mother has a picture on her mantal of my Dad's parents.
Before my grandparents died 25 years ago there was five generations.
My grandparents, My dad's oldest sister: My aunt's oldest daughter, My cousin's oldest daughter, then her twin sons.
This is the generation  that is having twins. which my daughter belongs to.  It seem that fourth generation from my grandfather, alot of them are having twins.  A first cousins daughter just had her second set of twins.
In my family on both sides of my parents , in all branches of the family tree, there are twins. twins, twins, twins.
I had even learned that about 4-5 generations back on my maternal grandmothers side, there was one set of triplets.

HAVE A GIDDAY, A GOOD LORD'S DAY TOMORROW, AND I WILL TALK TO YOU LATER.
lenore
« Reply #26 on: June 02, 2004, 01:27:51 am »

:DHELLO EVERYONE, IT IS JUNE 1ST AT 4:35 PM EST.
ANYONE ELSE EXPERIENCE THE THUNDER STORM TODAY.

I wasnt home, but my dog sure knew there was a thunderstorm, and water the livingroom floor.

I was at a building that is situated on our beautify Galilee Retreat  walk way.

I was on the phone , long distance, talking with  call center to try to get some of my no money worries, to having some money.

Well the thunderstorm must of went through the wires, because
the computers at their end was completely shut down.

I think it is going to start up again.

I better close down my computer.

SO I TALK TO YOU LATER.
al Hartman

Email
« Reply #27 on: June 02, 2004, 07:39:02 am »

Lenore, you frequently ask "Am I making sense?" or something to that effect, so I would like to comment on that:

First, it is a very normal and conscientious question from anyone who cares about the well-being of their readers.

Communicating the matters concerning the kingdom of God and our redemption through Christ is an enormous responsibility, never to be taken lightly.  But verbal interaction with other mortals can be a minefield.

The foremost key to communicating the matters of our God is a genuine conviction that God has given you a message that He wants you to convey.  With that, one must have a belief that what God has given you to say, God will enable you to say.

Personally, I am a stickler for correctness in grammar, punctuation and spelling.  I am very demanding on myself, reworking my posts repeatedly before letting them be seen.  I make them as perfectly clearly expressive of my message as I possibly can.  Before I post them, they are perfectly clear to me.  But unless I am prayerfully trusting the Lord throughout the entire composing & posting process, all my labors may be in vain.
     This has been amply borne out to me when I have posted regarding a specific concern of mine, only to receive responses from others demonstrating that they completely misunderstood what I had hoped to convey.      
     Some posters get angry when this happens to them, and show it.  I have been there, done that.  But I am learning that when I'm misunderstood the best response on my part is to draw nearer the Lord in prayer and seek His solution.  It has also made me much more tolerant of other posters' efforts.

Getting back to your questions, Lenore, as to whether you are being clear:  One of the first things you posted on the BB was that you have a difficult time expressing yourself in writing.  It is apparent in your posts that your command of written English is weak from an academic standpoint.  Having learning disorders of my own, I can only imagine that you must wrestle with your feelings about your writing.
     Yet, marvelously, you persist-- apparently from a burden of heart and a genuine love for your brethren in Christ.  I must say that, while I occasionally think I am missing some point of yours, for the most part, your messages are remarkably clear to me, and have been a great blessing.  You seem to have no difficulty understanding the posts of others, and I rather imagine that your oral conversational skills are average or above.
     Your struggles with writing posts are worth the effort.  I frequently have more difficulty getting the point of some of our most literate posters than I do getting your messages, which are heartfelt and genuine.  I credit the Holy Spirit that some posters with weak English skills have made remarkable spiritual contributions to this board.

You, Lenore, are certainly one poster I look forward to reading and learning from.  Thanks for caring and posting.

God bless,
al

lenore
« Reply #28 on: June 02, 2004, 09:07:52 am »

:)JUNE 1ST: 11:39 PM EST:

THANK YOU SO MUCH AL: FOR THOSE WONDERFUL WORDS OF ENCOURAGEMENT.

They mean alot to me.

I love to write, it the need for an editor , I write the way I talk, who corrects their grammar when they are trying to verbalize something.

The grammar, and sentence structure is something I struggled with throughout my school years, and 30 years after I graduated high school, I still struggle with it.

Even a recent essay I wrote: I had an editor. Especially when I do not have a printer, on this computer. I send it via email to my spiritual mentor.

Because of her generousity in time, patience, and love, I was able to finish an essay , I wrote and submitted for competition.
It was a goal to finish something I started. An anchor sort of speak in a time of turmoil of emotionsl

there are also times too when my cat Percy decides to walk across the key board and screen and making a pest of attention for himself. Cheesy

I love to write, this has been my way for venting for years, and not always for the positive.

There are times it is pages and pages , you should see the package I have, while I was hospitalized 18 months ago for 7 days due to a emotional breakdown.
The hospital became my haven, but the paper became my therapy. I gave between 400-500 pages of handwritten emotions to my social worker to read, because I could not express them verbally.

One of assembly sister, I have kept in touch with over the years, always jokes that I dont write letters , I write epistles. i have send her notebook after notebook of handwriten bible studies and verse fillin puzzles that I created out of bible verses, chapter by chapter, book by book. I still have three dog cookie boxes filled with these notebooks.
They were my therapy last year especially after I broke my ankle ayear ago , and was confined to my bedroom(it was the closest to the bathroom), until I was able to navigate downstairs on my own. My daughter Sara was getting fed up, having to cater to my needs, feed me, help get bathed, etc.
I done about 40 books of the Bible verse by verse fill in puzzles.

Al, you are a wonderful teacher, with sensitivity to encourage.
I am not just complimenting you. It is a fact, Some gifts are teaching, some gifts are encouraging.
You have both.//Thank God for them.

I ask the question, Am I making sense. Because I tend to get off topic, and swing back and forth to where my ideas may lead me.
I can bring myself back eventually. But I have taken my readers for a ride before I get to the point of the purpose for writing.
My spiritual mentor is desperately trying to get me to do a paragraph, of each chapter I am doing of the Purpose Driven Life.
Do you know how hard that is.  Because I take the writing car ride on a tour around the country side, and back again. To figure out where I have been and bring it all together into one short paragraph.  I havent been able to do that yet.  She says it takes me three or four paragraphs , to make up one sentence structure of one. Even when she has read my work back to me ,I dont hear it, not do I see  it the errors.
I just keep writing. I read , she knows that I read, so doesnt understand why.   Maybe I read the same way, I read the way I talk, and can understand the meat of what is being written, but the sentence structure is just part of that meat, and it just doesnt want to click.
I keep on writing, because I know , if some one is persistent enough, that there is always an editor out there, that can correct the situation.
One other problem, I write, but I want someone to read what I write.  Call it vanity, but call it I want to talk to people. Writing is a form of talking. so someone has to listen. RIGHT.
Quite , and it is the safest form of communicating, because you can give your reader time to digest, work through the emotions, and respond. That way  body language, tones, temperments etc.
are not clouding the judgements.
But I have to remember, like the tongue is sharp, so is the written word can be sharp, because after all they are word that come out of the heart, just like the tongue.
So I try to be as positive with my writing as I can. So it becomes an encourager, not destructive, as I have been when I am venting my anger, disappointments, saddness, frustrations, etc.
Writing is an effective way to get rid of those negative emotions.
But they should also be used only in a journal, or diary. Like I said I want some one to read them. SO I keep them for any counselling session and let the counsellor decide what he can use out of them for counselling purposes. I have learned this. Not always true this learning, But I have learned where and when is the appropriate avenue for my writing.
This is why I like the  posting. I can express myself, and my opinion, stated them, and then try to be positive , even if it is just to say thank you.
And it is improving my writing skills, and it is allowing me to make friends, I never knew, except in Holy Spirit Family Connection,
and receive conversation from them. And also receive encouragement , support, and teachings , and sharing of God's love and messages.
AGAIN I AM GOING TO ASK AM I MAKING SENSE?
It is a question for feedback as well.
Because I may have taken you a ride around the country and back before my point has been made clear.
Those country roads have so many twist , and turns, hills, and side roads, that getting lost, unless you know where you are , where you are going. Can be very beautiful scenery, but can make you forget, what you were writing , until you see a familiar landmark.
Another positive point, of me writing. I am improving my typing skills and increasing my speed, this is very important to a trained typist. And before some one says, what is that. It was someone who has been trained to use a typewriter, those old clunckers that you had to manually move back to the left side of the page.
I will leave the rest of the typewriter history to another time and place.  
So I guess I am also showing my age, when I mention clunker typewriters. too. Roll Eyes
Well Al. I have laid before you book to read.
I want to thank you again, for your encouraging words.

I am glad you are feeling better.
Your patience for my writing style. It must be a trial at times, for someone who perfers perfections in their written work.
But you know what they say. Friction builds up the heat, to rough out the sharp edges. In Christian language. This is a good thing.

IT IS NOW 12:17 AM EST.
SO I WILL BE SAYING TALK TO YOU LATER

LENORE

al Hartman

Email
« Reply #29 on: June 02, 2004, 12:26:41 pm »

Now here is an interesting observation:

Writing is a form of talking. so someone has to listen... and it is the safest form of communicating, because you can give your reader time to digest, work through the emotions, and respond. That way  body language, tones, temperments etc. are not clouding the judgements.

Lennie, I know you are reading your way through the history of this BB, and sooner or later you will discover posts that totally disagree with your opinion on this matter.  Most of us feel much more comfortable when we are eye-to-eye with our audience, so that we can gauge their responses to what we say by observing their facial expressions, body language, tones and emotions, etc.
     What you say above is true, of course; that the written conversation gives the other party time to reflect, consider and pray about what has been said before replying.  The problem we have generally experienced is that too many of us are such hotheads that we don't take the time for these things, but get our hackles up at the first hint of disagreement, and fire back an angry knee-jerk reaction.
     I hope your example and instruction may mellow some of us out a little, and cause us to realize that our options for understanding are only limited by our own shortsightedness-- The Holy Spirit can enable us to perceive and respond correctly in any situation if we will learn to trust and respond to Him.

The grammar, and sentence structure is something I struggled with throughout my school years, and 30 years after I graduated high school, I still struggle with it.

My struggle is with a combination of mild dysexia and adult ADD.  I have an awful time reading.  I love to read, but I hate to study because both my mind and my eyes drift & I find myself re-reading the same lines over & over with no comprehension of what I've read, or my mind drifts clear off the page & the subject & is no longer with the reading material at all.

I am improving my typing skills and increasing my speed, this is very important to a trained typist. And before some one says, what is that. It was someone who has been trained to use a typewriter, those old clunckers that you had to manually move back to the left side of the page.

I trained on one of those old clunkers & used one for years.  That was one of the ways I discovered that my eye-to-hand coordination is pretty bad.  I completed a personal typing course cranking out 18 words per minute. Embarrassed  I now type with my two index fingers because my little fingers & ring fingers are so uncoordinated that I can't use them on a keyboard.  Using just my two best fingers & watching the keyboard as I type, I still frequently hit the wrong keys & have to correct my work Roll Eyes ...and I am SLOW!
.........................................................................................................................

Now I'm on to another topic that may really rub you the wrong way:  What is it with Canucks & Tim Horton's?  One of you is always saying something about Tim's great coffee.

A couple of years ago, Tim Horton's teamed up with Wendy's & began to appear in Ohio & other states.  Their intitial ads centered on their trademark fabulous coffee.  Either their shops south of the border are using a different blend, or you Northern folk have cast iron stomachs.  The Tim Horton's coffee in these parts could replace Liquid Plumber or be used to clean carburetors.  I tried it several times.  Since the donuts were only mediocre, I learned to have my coffee with a pack of Rolaids instead.  I never drank it in my car, as I feared it would spill and eat holes in my floorboard.  The cups must be made of adamantium!
     Now wait, before you tell me I'm crazy-- I'm apparently not alone in my opinion.  The Horton's ads now focus on their lunch menu & their all-night drive-thru service, & don't mention the coffee at all.  In fact, they advertise a lot less than they did at first.
     So, what up with that? Huh

G'night,
al

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 13
  Print  

Jump to: