AssemblyBoard
May 02, 2024, 11:05:43 pm *
The board has been closed to new content. It is available as a searchable archive only. This information will remain available indefinitely.

I can be reached at brian@tucker.name

For a repository of informational articles and current information on The Assembly, see http://www.geftakysassembly.com

Home   Search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 19
  Print  
Author Topic: Laughter..the best medicine  (Read 107865 times)
sfortescue

Email
« Reply #15 on: September 19, 2003, 09:04:05 am »

I remember the night we played that children's record in the living room on Collins Ave.  We were all howling with laughter.
The way I remember it is that you were laughing so hard that you got everybody else laughing too. Roll Eyes

It would seem that the words in this quote aren't common enough to be obvious:

Xnhiatc xureess xayrpgolh xheyoonpls.
retread

Email
« Reply #16 on: September 19, 2003, 01:01:25 pm »

I remember the night we played that children's record in the living room on Collins Ave.  We were all howling with laughter.
The way I remember it is that you were laughing so hard that you got everybody else laughing too. Roll Eyes

It would seem that the words in this quote aren't common enough to be obvious:

Xnhiatc xureess xayrpgolh xheyoonpls.
What do you mean not obvious? Could it be:

Xanthic xeruses xylograph xylophones.  Smiley
sfortescue

Email
« Reply #17 on: September 19, 2003, 11:15:54 pm »

The title of the book was "A Beastly Circus".

On the following page was something like:

Young yodeling yogi yaks yank yellow yams.
d3z

Email
« Reply #18 on: October 05, 2003, 10:14:23 am »

Does anyone remember

Wants pawn term, dare worsted ladle gull hoe lift wetter murder inner ladle cordage honor itch offer lodge dock flourist.

Dave
retread

Email
« Reply #19 on: October 06, 2003, 02:29:46 am »

Does anyone remember

Wants pawn term, dare worsted ladle gull hoe lift wetter murder inner ladle cordage honor itch offer lodge dock flourist.

Dave
Sounds like Ladle Rat Rotten Hut to me.  One of those things that is easier to hear being read than to read yourself.
al Hartman

Email
« Reply #20 on: October 06, 2003, 08:37:26 am »

[quote author=David Brown link=board=6;threadid=505;start=0#12498 date=1065330863]
Does anyone remember
...Dave
Sounds like Ladle Rat Rotten Hut to me.  One of those things that is easier to hear being read than to read yourself.[/b]

Eye dough no watt chew guise art all king awe bout.  Cud shoe bee awl it'll morgue leer?

owl  

al Hartman

Email
« Reply #21 on: October 06, 2003, 08:51:30 am »

Does anyone remember the MacDonald's Big Mac commercial from the 70's?

It start with Two.....

Sorry, Marcia, i'm not old enough to remember back that far, but my parents told me about the 70s...

Wink Smiley Cheesy Grin

al Hartman

Email
« Reply #22 on: October 06, 2003, 09:21:32 am »

Does anyone remember the MacDonald's Big Mac commercial from the 70's?

It start with Two.....

Sorry, Marcia, i'm not old enough to remember back that far, but my parents told me about the 70s...

Wink Smiley Cheesy Grin

I guess I didn't specify, I meant the 1970's. The Big Mac commercial that was on TV. It began with Two...

Well, of course you meant the 1970s Roll Eyes Roll Eyes-- Ray Croc hadn't even yet been born in the 1870s, let alone founded Mickey D's.
     My claim still stands as previously stated! Wink Smiley Cheesy Grin

d3z

Email
« Reply #23 on: October 06, 2003, 09:36:42 am »

Eye dough no watt chew guise art all king awe bout.  Cud shoe bee awl it'll morgue leer?

For those who missed the "privilege"...

This was one of the stories that I read numerous times at the Southern California campus conferences.

Realistically, it was one of the few times that I got to do something with the assembly that I was actually good at.  Perhaps that's why the last campus conference I went to didn't have a talent show.
tkarey

Email
« Reply #24 on: October 06, 2003, 12:50:08 pm »

My kids and I sang this song just today. We were observing how "all" our knowledge came from TV songs (ABC school rocks taught me the preamble). Anyways, it goes like this:

Two all beef patty, special sauce, lettuce,
                 cheese, pickles, onions on a sesame seed bun.

When my junior high band travelled to parades we  entertained ourselves by singing the theme to Gilligan's Island, The Brady Bunch and other really important TV shows. Actually, I learned Ephesians 4:32 by song in Primaries (Southern Baptist Sunday School for the wee ones) and have never, ever forgotten it.

;DLord Bless,
Karey

M2
« Reply #25 on: October 06, 2003, 05:41:31 pm »

My kids and I sang this song just today. We were observing how "all" our knowledge came from TV songs (ABC school rocks taught me the preamble). Anyways, it goes like this:

Two all beef patty, special sauce, lettuce,
                 cheese, pickles, onions on a sesame seed bun.

When my junior high band travelled to parades we  entertained ourselves by singing the theme to Gilligan's Island, The Brady Bunch and other really important TV shows. Actually, I learned Ephesians 4:32 by song in Primaries (Southern Baptist Sunday School for the wee ones) and have never, ever forgotten it.

;DLord Bless,
Karey
I have not watched TV for about 21 years (except while visiting family or while on vacation). Yet after 21+ years I still remember that BigMac commercial quite well. The point is that 21+ years of assembly programming is not going to just 'fly away' in 10 months.

Marcia
Joe Sperling

Email
« Reply #26 on: October 09, 2003, 12:15:38 am »

Perhaps you've heard this before:

A man is visiting a Muslim country and sees a man plodding along and his wife is walking 3 steps behind him. He says "Why is she doing that?" A guide answers him "The woman always walks 3 steps behind the man as a show of respect".

Later that day they are on the other side of the same city. The man sees a man and wife walking across a field to a group of buildings in the distance. But this time the wife is walking 3 steps ahead of the man.
"Now that's better!! says the man, "This time the woman is being shown respect".  "No" says the guide, "there are many landmines in this area".
« Last Edit: October 09, 2003, 12:42:47 am by Joe Sperling » Logged
Scott McCumber

Email
« Reply #27 on: October 22, 2003, 07:21:39 am »

You Know Your Church Is A Redneck Church If...

* The finance committee refuses to provide funds for the purchase of a chandelier because none of the members knows how to play one.

* People ask (when they learn that Jesus fed the 5000) whether the two fish were bass or catfish, and what bait was used to catch 'em.

* When the pastor says, "I'd like to ask Bubba to help take up the offering," five guys and two women stand up

* Opening day of deer season is recognized as an official church holiday.

* A member of the church requests to be buried in his 4-wheel-drive truck because "It ain't never been in a hole it couldn't
get out of."

* The choir is known as the "OK Chorale."

* Boone's Farm "Tickle Pink" is the favorite wine for communion.

* In a congregation of 500 members, there are only seven last name in the church directory.

* Baptism is referred to as "branding."

* There is a special fundraiser for a new church septic tank.

* Finding and returning lost sheep isn't just a parable.

* High notes on the organ set the dogs on the floor to howling.

* People think "rapture" is what you get when you lift something too heavy.

* The baptismal font is a #2 galvanized washtub.

* The choir robes were donated by and embroidered with the logo from Billy Bob's Barbecue.

* The collection plates are really hubcaps from a '56 Chevy.

Hey, Joe, anything you'd like to add?

brian

Email
« Reply #28 on: October 22, 2003, 11:48:16 am »

i know you were all wondering about this, so i thought i would put an end to the rumors:

Brian is the 20th most popular male first name in the United States; frequency is 0.736%; percentile is 32.061

Brian is the 3,582nd most popular female first name in the United States; frequency is 0.001%; percentile is 89.297

Tucker is the 128th most popular last name (surname) in the United States; frequency is 0.070%; percentile is 20.971

http://www.placesnamed.com/
Joe Sperling

Email
« Reply #29 on: October 22, 2003, 08:18:34 pm »

Scott----

LOL Grin--that's hilarious!

--Joe
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 19
  Print  

Jump to: