AssemblyBoard
May 02, 2024, 11:12:17 pm *
The board has been closed to new content. It is available as a searchable archive only. This information will remain available indefinitely.

I can be reached at brian@tucker.name

For a repository of informational articles and current information on The Assembly, see http://www.geftakysassembly.com

Home   Search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 19
  Print  
Author Topic: Laughter..the best medicine  (Read 107865 times)
golden

Email
« on: September 15, 2003, 09:19:20 pm »

I am glad to be able to read these topics you have posted. It made me laugh to see all these ones who have "moved on" but can't seem to "move on".
al Hartman

Email
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2003, 10:52:18 pm »

I am glad to be able to read these topics you have posted. It made me laugh to see all these ones who have "moved on" but can't seem to "move on".

Hi Golden,
     Welcome aboard & thanks for weighing in Cheesy.  Since we don't know your perspective Huh, & your statement is subject to broad interpretation, would you mind elaborating?   Smiley Thanks.

al Hartman

M2
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2003, 11:13:17 pm »

COFFEE
A man and his wife were having an argument about who should brew the coffee each morning. The wife said, "You should do it, because you  get up first, and then we don't have to wait as long to get our  coffee." The husband said, " You are in charge of the cooking  around here and you should do it, because that is your job, and I  can just wait for my coffee" Wife replies, "No you should do it, and  besides it says in the Bible that the man should do the coffee."  Husband replies, "I can't believe that, show me." So she fetched  the Bible, and opened the New Testament and showed him at the top of several pages, that it indeed says

............. "HEBREWS"
Arthur
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2003, 09:50:52 am »

I'm moved, can't you see that?  Deeply, really  Cry

But seriously, I've moved on...into the the 500-post ionosphere. Lips sealed  

And I see you've moved on sooo much so as to be checking up on us and were so moved so as to write that post!  Ha, we're all maroons.   Tongue
M2
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2003, 10:09:26 pm »

Aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoetnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be at the rghit pclae. The rset can be a total mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Amzanig huh?
Joe Sperling

Email
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2003, 12:42:24 am »

Mraica---

I dno't urdnenstad waht yuore syanig. Ervetynihg is
jmulbed. Pealse epxlian yuoserlf btteer nxet tmie.

tankhs.
sfortescue

Email
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2003, 08:14:45 am »

Longer words should be harder to recognize.  How about:

asnenesitihidrbamaisnltastim

or:

sdcipuiuaipicraistecixaolfrollgeis

Huh
editor
« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2003, 09:06:43 am »

Longer words should be harder to recognize.  How about:

asnenesitihidrbamaisnltastim

or:

sdcipuiuaipicraistecixaolfrollgeis

Huh

Those were easy. They jumped ritgh uot at me

antidisestablishmentarianism

supercalafragilisticexpialodocious

no problem.

Bnert
al Hartman

Email
« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2003, 09:22:49 am »

Abostluley Aaimzng!
Verne

:DFINALLY!!!  VERNE IS USING WORDS I CAN UNDERSTAND!!![/B]

al Grin

sfortescue

Email
« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2003, 10:18:33 am »

Brent,

You misspelled one of those words.

How about a quote from a children's book that I remember from back when I lived with Tom Maddux:

Xnhiatc xureess xayrpgolh xheyoonpls.
Oscar

Email
« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2003, 10:38:35 am »

Steve,

Does that mean "My uncle roasted a kangaroo"?

Tom
Tony

Email
« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2003, 06:53:19 pm »

Hmmmm,

I'm very concerned at what I'm *hearing* from this thread.   I'm  thinking that George is Ghost Writing for all who have posted here....I'm serious because these messages are sounding like the last tape seminar I listened to!! =)

Give me a break folks, do you have any idea what my screen reading software is doing with these messages?!!

That'll be enough of that!

Tnoy
sfortescue

Email
« Reply #12 on: September 19, 2003, 01:29:18 am »

Steve,

Tom
If you remember, that song was on an LP record of children's songs, not in a book.  There was a tenor opera singer who was singing the following:

My uncle roasted a kangaroo;
Gave me the gristly end to chew.
Was that a very nice thing to do,
To give me the gristly end of a kangaroo to chew!

This was sung to the tune of the Soldiers' chorus from Gounod's Faust.
Mark Kisla
« Reply #13 on: September 19, 2003, 03:00:09 am »

A elderly couple who have been married for 50 years are asleep in bed when the wife wakes her husband  and tells him,"Honey, I love you with all my heart" startled the husband replies, "I love you more" . "Then will you do something for me"? the wife asks.  "Absolutely"!! replies the happy wide awake husband. "Would you please go get me a hot fudge sundae with sprinkles?"  "What!!, it's 3 o'clock in the morning"?!! I know it is, but would you please ?
 "Sweetheart " replies the old man, " you have been nothing but a blessing to me!, you want a sundae, I'll get you a sundae!
 WIFE:  "Now be sure to write it down, because you will forget the sprinkles"
HUSBAND: "I dont need to write it down"
WIFE: "Now Honey, I know you well enough that you will forget the sprinkles" !
HUSBAND: "I won't forget"!!
So with that the husband gets dressed to fulfill his brides request. He returns with a bag and hands it to her. She opens it only to find a hot ham and cheese sandwich. "See, I told you that you should have wrote it down"!, exclaimed the wife. " You forgot the mustard"!!
« Last Edit: September 19, 2003, 03:24:46 am by Mark Kisla » Logged
Oscar

Email
« Reply #14 on: September 19, 2003, 07:55:10 am »

Steve,

Tom
If you remember, that song was on an LP record of children's songs, not in a book.  There was a tenor opera singer who was singing the following:

My uncle roasted a kangaroo;
Gave me the gristly end to chew.
Was that a very nice thing to do,
To give me the gristly end of a kangaroo to chew!

This was sung to the tune of the Soldiers' chorus from Gounod's Faust.

I know Steve,

I remember the night we played that children's record in the living room on Collins Ave.  We were all howling with laughter.

God bless,

Thomas Maddux
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 19
  Print  

Jump to: