AssemblyBoard
May 17, 2024, 01:33:56 pm *
The board has been closed to new content. It is available as a searchable archive only. This information will remain available indefinitely.

I can be reached at brian@tucker.name

For a repository of informational articles and current information on The Assembly, see http://www.geftakysassembly.com

Home   Search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
  Print  
Author Topic: Why are people saying bad things about Magic Mike?  (Read 28759 times)

Email
« Reply #30 on: February 18, 2003, 10:31:18 am »

THIS IS TOM MADDUX

Dear Lookingaway,

1. "this may be our last chance to see them."  Not so, grow up, buy a car, drive over.  This is the good old USA!

2. Meanwhile talk all you want on the internet.  That's why Al Gore invented it.

Tom M.
Arlene

Email
« Reply #31 on: February 18, 2003, 09:43:29 pm »

Lookingaway;
Speaking for myself, I do understand the importance there was to see friends you've grown up with perhapes for the last time..
When we told our daughter her eyes swelled up with tears and that was hard for us.  Cry
We encourage her and her brothers to e-mail, write letter, call ot visit their friends when ever they can.
The Lord does know best.  Keep looking to Him and trusting God to work in your life and the lives of your friends.  
Don't write us adultes off as not carring.   We do. Smiley
Eulaha L. Long

Email
« Reply #32 on: February 18, 2003, 10:50:51 pm »

When did the editor start allowing guests to post?  I liked it when we could all talk and agree and disagree-knowing who it was exactly we were talking with!
Rudy

Email
« Reply #33 on: February 18, 2003, 10:53:39 pm »

I agree.

I caught some heat for bringing this up last night.

Well, I did make a 'strong' case  Cool
« Last Edit: February 18, 2003, 10:57:13 pm by Rudy » Logged
Heide

Email
« Reply #34 on: February 19, 2003, 01:47:49 am »

For those of you who are not reading the documents posted by either Rachel or Judy let me remind you of something: Mike & Cheryl Zach stayed with Dave & Judy during a month period in 1999.

BUT: Mike & Cheryl Zach witnessed, did you catch that word? They witnessed an attack. They were witnesses!

How can you say they are wonderful people when they covered up sin?

For the least action, they could have called 911 anonymously!

Email
« Reply #35 on: February 19, 2003, 04:06:16 am »

Hey, what happened to Rudy?
Arthur
« Reply #36 on: February 19, 2003, 05:22:13 am »

Hey, what happened to Rudy?

I heard he's posting as "Guest" now since he got booted.

Email
« Reply #37 on: February 19, 2003, 06:35:05 am »

thanx arthur

rudy
Arthur
« Reply #38 on: February 19, 2003, 08:55:10 pm »

Grin   Cheesy   Wink
Rudy

Email
« Reply #39 on: February 23, 2003, 12:24:28 am »

Regarding 'Magic Mike' - the only reason i can think of for this nickname is that he used to do 'magic' tricks. He said it wasn't an issue since it wasn't really 'magic'. How did he get this new nickname? Does he still do tricks?
« Last Edit: February 23, 2003, 12:25:04 am by Rudy » Logged
Arlene

Email
« Reply #40 on: February 23, 2003, 04:12:01 am »

There's no majic - it's illusion. Smiley Grin
Arlene

Email
« Reply #41 on: February 23, 2003, 05:24:05 am »

The Lord is good!!!
Rudy

Email
« Reply #42 on: February 23, 2003, 09:27:31 pm »

Mike was addressing the Omaha assembly.

Any apology due to Judy Geftakys or Joyce Hines
can be considered a personnal matter. But considering
that the facts were brought out on a public forum and
website before his repentance - there should be some
public statement regarding the issues brought up.
Meaning being, in this cyber 'church' where everyone is
involved, not just Omaha.
Chuck Miller

Email
« Reply #43 on: February 23, 2003, 11:10:02 pm »

Dear (daughter) Pat,

Please read carefully, Mike's letter of repentance.  To me, there are two phrases that cast doubt upon his sincerity.  Let me know if you don't see them.

I would love to be reconciled with Mike and others in the Omaha Assembly, but am not going to accept qualifying statements that cast doubt upon the integrity of his letter.

Love, Dad
Nancy Newswander

Email
« Reply #44 on: February 24, 2003, 12:10:24 am »

Dear Mr. Miller:

I, too, am concerned with how carefully Mike Zach's letter was worded.  But my response to his letter is, "It's a start".  I am aware that Mike is not naive and innocent; but I believe that he probably does not even have the capability to grasp the depth of the error of his ways yet.  
At the end of Mike's letter, he asks for prayer.  I think we need to be patient and continue to pray for him and for the other gatherings that have not disbanded.  Again, it's a start.  There is much work for Mike to do to truly make things right with people.

« Last Edit: February 24, 2003, 12:11:50 am by Nancy Newswander » Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
  Print  

Jump to: