AssemblyBoard
May 17, 2024, 03:21:06 pm *
The board has been closed to new content. It is available as a searchable archive only. This information will remain available indefinitely.

I can be reached at brian@tucker.name

For a repository of informational articles and current information on The Assembly, see http://www.geftakysassembly.com

Home   Search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
  Print  
Author Topic: Why are people saying bad things about Magic Mike?  (Read 28762 times)
BenJapheth
« Reply #15 on: February 06, 2003, 08:28:38 am »

Rudy, I'm not sure I understand what you mean...How can I keep others from digressing?  Let's both stick to our calling...I'm glad your conscience is clean, so is mine.

I agree let's encourage the fainthearted.

Keep up the good work, blessed friend...Chuck

Chuck,

Take some time if you haven't to see what's happening
across the board. There are "guests" starting whatever.
And don't say it doesn't matter. There is a crossection
of good posters that get tunnel vision on the theological
stuff, and someone like HH gets ignored. I've done what
I can to keep this from happening; my conscience is clear.

Rudy

Email
« Reply #16 on: February 06, 2003, 10:11:52 am »

John 8:7
a friend

Email
« Reply #17 on: February 06, 2003, 11:24:20 am »

Isaiah 50:8
He is near that justifieth me; who will contend with me? let us stand together: who is mine adversary? let him come near unto me.  

This is a promise for Mike Zach.  We stand together.  God will be the judge and he knows all the answers.  

The website motto: Guilty until proven innocent.  

How abstract!

I see that we have moved on to a new target.  Let the mud flinging begin.

Good day, friends.
Railrider

Email
« Reply #18 on: February 06, 2003, 11:49:34 am »

God will be the judge and he knows all the answers.  
indeed... Lips sealed (that was not sarcasm)
« Last Edit: February 06, 2003, 11:51:17 am by RebelEscapee » Logged
retread

Email
« Reply #19 on: February 06, 2003, 12:21:51 pm »

John 8:7
I do not think this applies because I do not think Mike Zach is an adulteress.
I don't believe that we are trying to "punish" Mike here, but rather are presenting serious concerns.

Mike, please address these concerns.  If any of these accusations are false, please correct this with the truth.  If there is any need for repentance, please humble yourself and repent.  Whether you are guilty or innocent, you need to let these people know where you stand.  It is not healthy to let things continue like this, please respond.

Email
« Reply #20 on: February 06, 2003, 07:09:11 pm »

In defense of Mike and Cheryl Z from someone who has not communicated with either of them recently:

quote from a sister in fellowship in Omaha, where Mike Zach is:
    I was sad to hear of your negative experiences.  I am still in fellowship in Omaha and am still loving God's people and growing with them.  We have all been repenting of the sins of how we were affected by George's sins.  We are repenting of superiority, of presuming to know the will of God for others and for legalism and lack of care at times.  We are seeing a renewed sense of expectation and joy.  We are glad that the Lord has exposed the sins of George and of their effects and are believing God to do a new work.
end quote.

I am assuming that Mike Z is included in the "all been repenting".  God fully accepts the repentant sinner, and we all should as well.
None of us should presume that this BB and website has precipitated the exposure of George and Betty's sins.
In fact, may I humbly suggest, with all due respects to Judy who has suffered so long, that Mike and Cheryl Z may have contributed to that exposure firstly by praying for Judy's situation, and then by being involved in sending Danny Edward to SLO.  It was Danny's faithfulness that brought about the demise, with the help of those in SLO who have left.  In the end we believe that it was the Lord's doing and it is marvelous in our eyes, because He is doing a new work.
editor
« Reply #21 on: February 06, 2003, 08:30:28 pm »

Dear Guest

Your last post is such a blatant rewrite of history, and total fabrication of the facts, that I am truly shocked.

If this sort of thing continues, I am going to put all the old material back on the main page.

For the record, Danny, Kimber, Suzie and I spent time on our boat last SUNDAY, and then went to dinner.  Danny has repented of his role in the ministry, and has stepped down from leadership.  

Did you hear that guest?  He repented, of SIN.  He was not "faithful," but passive.  BTW,  I am "with the help of those in SLO who have left."  

Danny is a giant to me right now, not because of how faithfull he was, but because of how clear he is in his repentance.  You will not hear me say anything negative about him, even though I had plenty to say in the past. He has repented.  You are right about one thing guest, God fully accepts the repentant sinner.  I agree, and that is why I consider Danny Edwards to be my brother and friend.  Totally different story with George, David, Betty and others of their servants.  Guest, you are an ignorant, foolish man/woman.

I will not re-write history, as Guest has done, in order to lie about or protect someone.

Your "respect" to Judy makes me sick, guest.

The bulletin board format is going to change today.

Brent
« Last Edit: February 06, 2003, 08:30:29 pm by B. Trockman » Logged
Kimberley Tobin
« Reply #22 on: February 06, 2003, 08:35:14 pm »

Dear Guest:

Have you even read the articles on the main page of this website?  DUH!!!!!!!!! Roll Eyes

Mike and Cheryl Zach - repenting?HuhHuh??  Where is the proof of this repentance?  I talk with Rachel daily and last time I spoke with her (yesterday) no letter of apology to her or her mother.  

Danny's "faithfulness that brought about the demise" of the assembly?Huh? HUH? Roll Eyes   How many times did people speak with Danny (Brent, Kirk, etc.) until this situation was brought to light?  It is only through this website, and the pressure it brought to bear upon the assembly, that has caused the "demise" (I would like to see that, it isn't truly "demised" yet, only floundering.)  

There is so much more left to do in the exposing of men (and women for that matter), this is not over.  And of course, when men and women truly repent, we are to forgive and receive them (that doesn't mean you trust them.)  Let's see the "fruits of repentance" before we begin making blanket statements like yours.
Margaret

Email
« Reply #23 on: February 06, 2003, 09:26:59 pm »

Guest's take on things is exactly the kind of spin that would be coming from the leaders-who-are-no-longer-leaders in the assemblies.  I expect this perspective is widespread among those who remain there.  It serves to keep people away from this website (milieu control).
TGarisek

Email
« Reply #24 on: February 06, 2003, 10:23:43 pm »

It is so easy to lose track and forget some of the events that have just occurred. It is human nature to lose the energy and fervor very much like if one begins a marathon with an all out sprint. This is not a sprint. This effort is an "iron man" event and the mindset required is a commitment to Truth. We must continue to kick over the stones of deception along the way. We can't let the voices like those of "guest" that enter our consciousnes along the way to lessen our resolve. The race is not over.

It is also common to find the indignant emotion and even repentance receding.  We can expect those who have expressed initially that they had sinned and resigned from leadership soon attempt to regain position. That may be a conscious decision or it may just be inevitable. After all, a scorpion does what a scorpion does... it's in his nature.

Here is a litmus test for true repentance for the "scorpions":

Contact Judy?  No speeches, no false spirituality, no niftly applied metaphors like, "this is a Catch-22 for me" or, "I am damned if I do, damned if I don't". Just simply do what apparently Danny Edwards has done.

editor
« Reply #25 on: February 07, 2003, 12:09:23 am »

Quite so Tony

In all of this, Danny has been the most pleasant surprise.

He really did repent, and is bearing the fruit of it.  

Danny Edwards is a real Christian.

Brent
retread

Email
« Reply #26 on: February 18, 2003, 06:42:33 am »

SERIOUS accusations have been raised against Mike Zach -- AND THEY MUST BE ANSWERED!!!!!

I really really have a hard time with the fact that he is leading the Teen conference, with all this contraversy surrouinding him.

Well it looks like the Teen and Teachers Conference was cancelled, so I guess Mike couldn't lead it after all. Snowed out.
you guys should all just go on a ski trip.  Snowboard, ski, drink hot chocolate, and hang out.  Have a simple time of prayer, etc.

Good call Brent, perhaps there is a reason behind why snow caused the cancellation. Grin
« Last Edit: February 18, 2003, 07:39:59 am by retread » Logged
editor
« Reply #27 on: February 18, 2003, 07:03:42 am »

Regarding the Teen and Teacher's conference.

Due to the fact that Mike Zach had to step down from preaching for unknown reasons, his son Dan made himself available to do the teaching at the Teen and (Teacher?) conference.  It was a real gesture of humility and service on the part of Dan to fill in for his Dad at the last minute like that, and especially since the conference was so important for the perpetuation of the wonderful ministry that George raised up, and that Mike sustained for all those years.  (That was sarcastic folks)

God had other plans, and cancelled the conference due to weather.  (His weather plans included too much snow)

I think the teens will recover, although they must have been sore dissappointed to miss the lecture's headed up by 25 year old Dan.

Next step in Omaha:

Leaders repent and step down.

Next step after that:

close up shop and go out of business as a Geftakys franchise.

Brent
4Him

Email
« Reply #28 on: February 18, 2003, 07:23:09 am »

Here in Springfield the snow was flying that Saturday and I was on the computer quite a bit.  I had two main sites going: this one and the Weather Underground Radar for the MW.  It was amazing: big snow on I-80 in Iowa (between Omaha & Camp Wyoming)  on I-80 in Illinois (between Chicago and Camp Wyoming) and on I-55/74 (between Springfield/Charleston/St. Louis and Camp Wyoming).  Amazing!!  Shocked Shocked Wink
lookingaway

Email
« Reply #29 on: February 18, 2003, 08:46:46 am »

i don't think you adults really know how much we needed that conference. friends we've grown up we may never see again and that may have been our last chance to see them. last teen conference was awesome and dan talked and did a great job. our parents were not forcing us to go. we wanted very much to go. people drove 20 hrs. there and back just to go. it was hard but the Lord knows better and that may sound cliche but it's true and i believe it.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
  Print  

Jump to: