AssemblyBoard
May 17, 2024, 05:02:55 pm *
The board has been closed to new content. It is available as a searchable archive only. This information will remain available indefinitely.

I can be reached at brian@tucker.name

For a repository of informational articles and current information on The Assembly, see http://www.geftakysassembly.com

Home   Search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
  Print  
Author Topic: Why are people saying bad things about Magic Mike?  (Read 28768 times)
editor
« on: February 02, 2003, 10:09:39 pm »

Dear friends:

Magic Mike needs to follow the lead of the other elders and full-time workers in the Geftakys group and step down.

He, in spite of his personable, easy going manner, was not able to spot a fraud.  He was also unable-unwilling to intervene on behalf of Judy, when he lived in their home for over a month.

He is a nice guy, and quite entertaining,  but he should not be allowed to gather the remaining groups and lead them.  In fact, he should not lead Omaha, for the same reasons that other leaders have stepped down elsewhere.

Hello Everyone

The website is not ending.  It will change of course.
Much of the posting right now will change, and we will all once again return to a more sane frame of mind.  The sad thing is that very many excellent posts get buried in flames.  It'll all work out.

In the mean time, what think you of this?

Dear Friends:

I would like to ask all of you to take 10 steps back from this whole thing, in your mind's eye.  Remove yourself from it, and pretend that a broken confused Christian, who is experiencing all of the events at the Assembly, but at another church, has come to you for counsel.  You can see that this person is sincere, but also confused and hurt.  As a strong, mature believer, who has advanced insight into the truth of God's word, you want this person to break free from any sort of bondage, and have joy and liberty in Christ.

This broken, confused brother has told you:

• The leader of his group is an adulterer and an immoral man
  • All of the money is kept secret and is handled only by the immoral leader
  • The leader's son is a wife beater and has his own, very dysfunctional life
  • The leadership was all handpicked by the immoral, money loving leader
  • Hundreds of former members of the group have identical stories about abuse and control
  • 2 best-selling books and numerous articles by a Christian author called the group "Abusive"
  • Every other Evangelical church in town counsels people to stay away from the group
  • A national cult expert, and several leading Christian Cult awareness groups have called the group a cult, and former members have actually been de-programmed.
  • There is a website about this dear confused brother's group, that has thousands of pages of testimonies that all point to the fact that something is seriously wrong

How would you counsel this person?

If this person turned out to be you, would you take your own counsel?

Take Six Weeks Off!

Brent
Ken Fuller

Email
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2003, 01:44:43 am »

This issue MUST be dealt with.

What has Mike's role been?  As congress has so wisely asked in another tragedy -- "who knew what when?"

This isn't a thread intended to raise false accusations to destroy someone's testimony.

SERIOUS accusations have been raised against Mike Zach -- AND THEY MUST BE ANSWERED!!!!!

I really really have a hard time with the fact that he is leading the Teen conference, with all this contraversy surrouinding him.

MIKE -- IF IT'S NOT TRUE, ANSWER US!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Others -- IF IT IS TRUE -- PROVIDE SPECIFIC DETAILS !!!!

The only thing I can wonder -- if this is a potential legal issue and people are keeping silent for wise (legal) reasons.

But come on people -- HOW CAN HE TEACH A TEEN'S CONFERENCE AND STILL LEAD THIS WORK WITH ALL THIS SURROUNDING HIM?HuhHuhHuhHuh??

Those that are protecting, covering and positioning him are as guilty now as those that have covered and protected george and david.

PROVIDE ANSWERS OR STEP DOWN UNTIL THIS IS SETTLED !!!!

And yes, with this going on, I would rather have my teens at a skating rink than being taught by someone who is accused of hiding wickedness, not having the backbone to deal with it -- AND AFRAID NOW TO SPEAK PUBLICALLY !!!!

Send your kids where you want -- mine are much safe where they are now than under this influence.
editor
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2003, 02:00:58 am »

Here is a neat fact:

In December, the majority vote among the brothers was to stop George from having the seminar.  Mike Zach talked them into letting it go on, which meant people drove, had their kids on mats, and listened to an unrepentant fraud teach from the Bible!

Please read this post from an earlier thread:

Daniel, you asked so here goes...I've been a good Uncle and I've been silent all these years cause you were a child, but now you are a man.  Here it goes -

Your grandfather Chuck Miller and my Dad-in-law warned everyone in the family and in Omaha 25 years ago, he did it 20 years ago, he he warned them 15 years ago, he warned them 10 years ago, he warned them 5 years ago...About George!  About that Disgusting Fraud!  That Fraud who slandered your Grandpa to your Uncle Mike and all your Aunts.  It was a lynching.  Do you understand that? It was a hit job.  An assasination! Your Grandfather warned everyone about the Geftakys lies, about the Geftakys slander, about Geftakys destroying families, about Geftakys and the money, about Geftakys being a "pope", about Geftakys being an idol and a monster...

Daniel, for years our family of 53 has been split right down the middle.  George used Mike Zach like a sock-puppet!

Again, George used Mike Zach like a sock-puppet!

Like a two-dollar sock-puppet!

Two weeks ago your Aunt Ann was there at the assembly meeting on the 19th when the letters were read in Omaha, and she being there on that day (only her second meeting in 25 years...Is that God or what? ) - As Mike Zach read the letters the point was made that the men in SLO were repenting and were going to seek others out so as to "get right" with folks that they had sinned against, Mike Zach said (according to my wife, your Aunt)...

"We need to go to people, too - but, nobody comes to mind."

Nobody came to his mind. Daniel that was like a dagger in the heart of your Aunt Ann...This man destroyed a family 25 years ago.  Yes, if you read you will see this same sock-puppet Zach did nothing when he knew a woman was being beaten and abused.  This puppet doesn't need the hand anymore...he knows how to destroy families all by himself now.

What kind of monster is he, Daniel?

Your grandfather just wrote me from Costa Rica an hour ago and asked what what was happening in the assemblies, he questioned me closely about Omaha.  
I told him...

"Chuck, I think Mike Zach has a bullseye on his back. He's either going to break, repent and give God Glory or God's going to break him."

Daniel, I love you dear Nephew...You make me so happy.  Why, don't you write Grandpa at  chuckfmiller@hotmail.com and tell him yourself how you, your family and the little gathering are doing.

He might have some good insights on what to do next.  I'm going to encourage your Dad and everyone else there to take the Six Week Challenge that Brent encouraged for all the former assembly gatherings.

Blessing To You Sweet Nephew!  You're a godly young man.
I admire your courage.

Your Uncle Chuck.

Chuck Vanasse
chuck@vanant.com

Brent
« Last Edit: February 03, 2003, 02:03:46 am by B. Trockman » Logged

Email
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2003, 08:41:44 am »

Here is a neat fact:

In December, the majority vote among the brothers was to stop George from having the seminar.  Mike Zach talked them into letting it go on, which meant people drove, had their kids on mats, and listened to an unrepentant fraud teach from the Bible!

once again this 'fact' needs to be verified. were you at this meeting?
editor
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2003, 09:34:19 am »

Dear Guest

No, I was not at the meeting, but I spoke with 2 or 3 who were.  Let everything be confirmed in the mouth of 2 or three witnesses.

Were you there?  If so, what was your version of events?
Also, is Guest your real name?

Brent
jesusfreak

Email
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2003, 09:40:46 am »

I really really have a hard time with the fact that he is leading the Teen conference, with all this contraversy surrouinding him.

MIKE -- IF IT'S NOT TRUE, ANSWER US!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But come on people -- HOW CAN HE TEACH A TEEN'S CONFERENCE AND STILL LEAD THIS WORK WITH ALL THIS SURROUNDING HIM?HuhHuhHuhHuh??

Throughout my years of attendance, the Teen and Teachers conferences have been a huge blessing in my life, not because of the teaching, but because of the people who also attend and whom i am able to consol and pray with.  As for teaching it, i am sure he will address any issues at the very beginning, if not, i for one will ask him.  Just saying, there is more to the TTC's than just the ministry of the brother (in fact, of all the years i have been to them, i dont remeber a single one of the messages).  I look at it more of a time to hang around with other christian teens that you only see 2 or 3 times a year, and to pray with many of those whose consol you respect.  
editor
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2003, 09:48:23 am »

Lucas

you guys should all just go on a ski trip.  Snowboard, ski, drink hot chocolate, and hang out.  Have a simple time of prayer, etc.

You can have a great time, and not have to worry about messages you don't remember.  If your folks will fly you out here, I'll hook you up with our church's highschool ministry and you can hang with them on one of their trips.

Brent
jesusfreak

Email
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2003, 10:18:42 am »

Lucas

you guys should all just go on a ski trip.  Snowboard, ski, drink hot chocolate, and hang out.  Have a simple time of prayer, etc.

You can have a great time, and not have to worry about messages you don't remember.  If your folks will fly you out here, I'll hook you up with our church's highschool ministry and you can hang with them on one of their trips.

Brent

My experience with christian teens is not at all limited to those in the assembly, if that is what you are refering to (thanks for the offer tho Smiley).  Since i can make it to so few of the assembly meetings, i am involved with quite a few youth groups at churchs in the area.  As for the messages at the TTC's, i was not saying that they were not encouraging at the time, but only that my lasting memories about events that have shaped my life revolve around fellowship with these blesses brothers and sister.
compassionate

Email
« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2003, 04:40:02 am »

This place has become a shooting gallery for the people left behind in this whole mess.  the problem is the targets are not allowed to defend themselves....
BenJapheth
« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2003, 04:44:00 am »

Tim, defend yourself if your innocent...or Mike defend yourself if your innocent...Get your witnesses.  This site is gathering and has gathered witnesses against you.  They are coming forward.....Repent Gentlemen!

This place has become a shooting gallery for the people left behind in this whole mess.  the problem is the targets are not allowed to defend themselves....
Kimberley Tobin
« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2003, 04:44:14 am »

They are certainly allowed to defend themselves.  They may come on this board and state their points of view for an open dialogue (not what we were allowed to do while in the assembly.)  We would all welcome these people to come here and "set the record straight."  What I find so telling, is they are well aware of this sight and won't come here to dialogue with us.
BenJapheth
« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2003, 04:55:34 am »

What nonsense!

The problem is they're running and won't defend themselves.  Compose yourselves Mr. Z and Mr. G. and come make your case.  

The innocent have nothing to fear.

The problem is the targets are not allowed to defend themselves....

Rudy

Email
« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2003, 08:04:24 am »

Chuck,

This site has become a shooting gallery.

Anyone can come in and start any string
regarding anything. You, Arthur and others
have been drawn off to distractions. Argue
if you want, but theological debates are only
of value in the mind of the debator.

Rudy
BenJapheth
« Reply #13 on: February 06, 2003, 08:13:24 am »

Agreed.  I haven't started any string, I'm not debating. When you say this site has become a shooting gallery is that a statement of fact, a criticism or what?  I'm not arguing with anyone...I'm posting the history of divisiveness that hit Omaha in 1978 - Not arguing or debating. Stating very old facts that have killed and are killing many souls.

Yes, the unexposed sin there has been a distraction for me -granted.  25 years of silence came to an end one week ago in Omaha.  TThe code of silence is broken.  This is a good distraction, Rudy.  Truth is good.

Thanks, Rudy. God Bless you...I enjoy your posts.

Chuck,

This site has become a shooting gallery.

Anyone can come in and start any string
regarding anything. You, Arthur and others
have been drawn off to distractions. Argue
if you want, but theological debates are only
of value in the mind of the debator.

Rudy

Rudy

Email
« Reply #14 on: February 06, 2003, 08:20:33 am »

Chuck,

Take some time if you haven't to see what's happening
across the board. There are "guests" starting whatever.
And don't say it doesn't matter. There is a crossection
of good posters that get tunnel vision on the theological
stuff, and someone like HH gets ignored. I've done what
I can to keep this from happening; my conscience is clear.

Rudy
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
  Print  

Jump to: