AssemblyBoard
May 03, 2024, 11:18:03 am *
The board has been closed to new content. It is available as a searchable archive only. This information will remain available indefinitely.

I can be reached at brian@tucker.name

For a repository of informational articles and current information on The Assembly, see http://www.geftakysassembly.com

Home   Search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  
Author Topic: The Totally Serious Thread  (Read 19333 times)
editor
« Reply #30 on: January 30, 2004, 04:35:44 am »

I have seen the first 2 LOTR and am listening to the book in my car.  Can't say it was my favoriate experience as I'm not a big fantasy genre fan.  However, the difference between the two medium is interesting:

Movie:  Huge army descends and kicks some Orc-butt.

Book:  "And the arrow descend stethely through the air and found its target piercing the heart of an Orc who let out a cry - a cry of such magnitude that had not been heard throughout middleearth from the Shire to the west, up through the brandywine and through the hill country ascending past the deep caverns where live the the creators of Mordor.  This cry rang back to the shout of the Ancient King Buarnuu who reigned over the Ackelrckerl people during the attack of the white wolves in the years when the alliance between King Dkersl and King Sodkfedsjresndx sang a lovely tune (book includes all 9 verses) just subsequent to the rise of the dark hosemen who . . . etc. etc. etc.

Don't dis LOTR, Dave.

I have read them about 10 times, starting when I was 9.

Brent
Scott McCumber

Email
« Reply #31 on: January 30, 2004, 08:10:57 am »

Don't dis LOTR, Dave.

I have read them about 10 times, starting when I was 9.

Brent

I think we all did. Remember the animated features that came out in the 70's? I recently read someone just ripping them in a review recently. I loved 'em. Still have the Hobbit on video.

BTW, Peter Jackson said he hopes to make the Hobbit very soon.  Cheesy

What was really cool was when my son scored 100% on his Accelerated Reader test for the Hobbit when he was 7. Shocked A couple nights later at an open house his teacher told us she was really glad we read to him but he needed to start reading some books on his own.

She was fairly flustered when I told her he read it himself in a 10-day period. The look on the other parents' faces . . . Priceless! Cool

Yes, I am unabashadly, obnoxiously proud of my son! Grin His little sister is giving him a run for his money, though.

Hmm. Sturnfields part 2? Wink

S
jesusfreak

Email
« Reply #32 on: January 30, 2004, 11:31:46 am »

Yes, I am unabashadly, obnoxiously proud of my son! Grin His little sister is giving him a run for his money, though.

Hmm. Sturnfields part 2? Wink

S

Hey now! I call shenanigans on that one! Wink

--
lucas
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  

Jump to: