AssemblyBoard
May 17, 2024, 07:11:46 am *
The board has been closed to new content. It is available as a searchable archive only. This information will remain available indefinitely.

I can be reached at brian@tucker.name

For a repository of informational articles and current information on The Assembly, see http://www.geftakysassembly.com

Home   Search  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Mike Warnke  (Read 3243 times)
DavidM
« on: August 22, 2007, 09:36:39 pm »

I read the book, "The Satan seller" in 78. I was just a teenager and I was so blown away by it! I thought "Wow" "This is awsome dude!" It is "The true story" of a guy who was converted to Christ after living his life as a high priest for Satan. I remember riding my bike from Fullerton to La Palma to give it to my unsaved friends. (I knew they would read it when they saw "Satan" on the cover.) Later I listened to Mike Warnke on the radio and on his "comedy" albums. He is really funny. He was so natural you felt like he was the real thing! He would get the crowd laughing at his description of how messed up he was before he found Christ. Then he would preach a tremendous gospel testimony how "Love broke through to his hard heart!"

I think it was around 94 I heard that Mike was exposed as a fake!  I was pretty shocked at the time.  How? How could this happen? How could a guy stand up in front of so many people and talk to them about good, evil, God and his plan for their lives, and yet he is full of crp? How could I have read something so way out there and just believed it? Why didn't I just exercise some critical thinking?  Why didn't I just ask myself, "How many people have I seen just appearate out of nowhere?"  After reading the article I am beginning to think that this guy and George Geftakys are cut from the same mold!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mike_Warnke
« Last Edit: August 22, 2007, 09:44:41 pm by DavidM » Logged
Joe Sperling

Email
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2007, 12:01:14 am »

David---

Peter and Jude both warned of people, who through their falsity, would cause the way of the
truth to be mocked, and belittled. There are phonies everywhere---and the church is not
exempt. It's a terrible shame, but it does exist---but thank God for all of the REAL testimonies,
and changed hearts that truly show that God is alive and still doing miracles today!! For every Mike
Warnke there are thousands of others with real, shining testimonies that give glory to God.

--Joe
« Last Edit: August 23, 2007, 03:14:19 am by Joe Sperling » Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: