AssemblyBoard
May 17, 2024, 10:55:44 am *
The board has been closed to new content. It is available as a searchable archive only. This information will remain available indefinitely.

I can be reached at brian@tucker.name

For a repository of informational articles and current information on The Assembly, see http://www.geftakysassembly.com

Home   Search  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Different Music vs Traditional Music  (Read 21782 times)
EricFoy

Email
« Reply #15 on: August 20, 2007, 09:01:58 pm »

Well, David, you have played the part with true excellence!  And thank you for giving me the opportunity to more fully compose my arguments.  This is far from the first time I've had this conversation, And I'm sure it won't be the last.  It seems that moral ground is a lot like inflation of the dollar: it's easy to let it go, but next to impossible to gain back.

What I am constantly bucking against in our post-modern, multi-cultural, enlightened society is this almost knee-jerk reaction of acceptance of anything that comes along.  My kids have this pre-programmed verbal response that kicks into gear whenever they sense any vestige of an objection from me.  "Dad, it's not that bad."

They've learned, though, what they'll hear me say next.  "Yes, but... Is it good?"

Kids do not learn to think this way at school (no offense intended, David), or by watching TV.  So I've pretty much taken on the task of teaching it myself.  Maybe that shows, I don't know...
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: