AssemblyBoard
May 18, 2024, 12:33:27 pm *
The board has been closed to new content. It is available as a searchable archive only. This information will remain available indefinitely.

I can be reached at brian@tucker.name

For a repository of informational articles and current information on The Assembly, see http://www.geftakysassembly.com

Home   Search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  
Author Topic: Romanian Orphans  (Read 18186 times)
glossyibis

Email
« Reply #15 on: September 06, 2005, 03:37:31 am »

Sept.6 and the new total is $3155. That is a good deal short of what is needed and now  with many giving  to the hurricane  disaster  relief ( and that should be everyone's priority)
it may be difficult  to raise  the remaining money. If anyone has a desire to give to this project and has yet  to do it , please do it now. I will be looking into some possibilities with corporate donors but this is new  to me and I don't have any idea as to what will come of it. I do know that winter  will soon be upon the Romanians and would like very much to ship soon. Flooding has been severe in parts of the country and goods of this kind are greatly needed.           cu drag, steve
hopon

Email
« Reply #16 on: September 06, 2005, 06:39:43 am »

Steve, are you an x-geftakys group member?
glossyibis

Email
« Reply #17 on: September 08, 2005, 09:34:23 am »

yes Hopon, from 78 to 91 with the saints  in St.  Louis, Mo. Still love them all and was
treated well by all after my wife and I left. I know that everyone  that left  did not have that exprience but  we did . Leaving was the hardest decision I made in my life but I am thankful that I got out early. It still hurt  to see the assembly break up because  so many were hurt so deeply. Please send me a personal email sometime. cu drag, steve
glossyibis

Email
« Reply #18 on: October 05, 2005, 02:19:40 am »

Below is a message from the Bates who are long time missionaries to Romania. The trial is about the local crybabies trying to shut down the 2 homes for mothers and their children. These are
ones with no place to go except the street. Barbelesti is a gypsy  village with an amazing history of being a place of violence and where no one would want  to be stranded. Then came the Jesus film , it was showed many times over a week and began a tremendous transfomation in the community.  I preached in their assembly (PB) and was greatly encouraged by their warmth and reception.
The latest on the container shipping is that we are hoping for one soon although we  are still shopping  for a better deal and are still short of money. I am sure that  the village  of Barbelesti will greet  the clothing  they receive with much thanksgiving. Ron and Sue's letter  starts now.
                                                                                                cu drag, steve harris
Our trial day was delayed for another month but everything looks in our favor. Pray!
It's started raining again. Oh, me! Hundreds of homes have been lost in Barbulesti. They have absolutely nothing. It is so tragic! The government will not help at all.
The water plant has proved to be a big blessing at this time. People from Ciorogarla have come to get water, because their wells are contaminated. The mayor is very pleased that we are able to offer this help to this community during this time of crisis.
Thanks to all of you for the big blessing you've been through the years. Love from Sue and Ron

glossyibis

Email
« Reply #19 on: November 15, 2005, 08:26:19 am »

For all of you who follow this thread and to those who have helped God bless you
I am sending a copy of a message that I sent  to ones living in the St.Louis vicinity . This is just  to let you know what we are doing. Many of you helped us in this project with money or goods. Pray for us and that the container  would make a speedy journey to Romania.
Also Ron and Sue Bates will need $505 dollars to ship this container  from Bucharest  to Ciorogarla. This is the only portion of the cost that has not been paid for and I am asking  for a volunteer  to meet  this need. If you are willing  to do this call me and I will tell you how to get  the money  to them.

Dear Friends and prieteni,
    We are loading  the container  for Romania on Saturday the 19 th. That is this coming Saturday. Meet at AD lift truck at 10 am  5434 Natural Bridge 63120  between Goodfellow and
Union blvd. Please do not bring small children ( under 13 years old) Please tell me if you plan to come , call me 314 838 7619 or 314 853 6816. If it looks like rain in the afternoon , we may begin earlier. This Container will have about 2700 cubic feet of winter clothing for Orphanages and the poorest communities you could imagine.
                                                   be there , cu drag , Steve Harris

prieteni is Romaneste  for friends and cu drag is with love
glossyibis

Email
« Reply #20 on: November 20, 2005, 06:19:45 am »

Today we got about  30 volunteers to load the container. Everything went well and we all had a wonderful time of fellowship. Last week I  was notified that I could have a container  that was 1 foot higher  than standard so we had 280 cubic  feet of extra space  and we  fell short  about that much. We are working on getting more goods to complete the container before Tuesday when it will begin its journey by rail to New Jersey ( any of you in the St. Louis area  who have anything to give , please call me). I will be posting a schedule later of the time of arrival in Romania. It will ride a cargo ship to the port of Constanta on the Black Sea at the mouth of the Danube River, and then by rail to customs in Bucharest. Any mission minded of you may go to help distribute these goods if you would  like to .  Contact me  for info concerning  volunteer work with the Inasmuch Childrens Home.
   A big heap of kudos go to Rudy and Gus Dodorico whose help was invaluable ot me. Also Verne Carty  and Joe Sperling big  contributors to the effort. Many others of you sent items to fill the container. Today was a day that I have waited  for with great anticipation. When it arrives at  the mission in Ciorogarla I will be one very happy man Smiley.
   I can't  thank you enough , those of you who helped. That which you did for the least of these You did unto Him.  God bless all of you,    steve harris

glossyibis

Email
« Reply #21 on: November 27, 2005, 10:53:51 am »

At last count  the container had over 650 boxes and 53
barrels all with winter clothing and some consumer
goods. Total cubic feet was about 2760. The ETA IN
BUCURESTI is Jan.7. I had hoped to get this done
earlier but there will be much winter left when it
does get there. God  bless all who helped in this
effort and remember to pray for Ron and Sue Bates and
all at  the Inasmuch Foundation.   mai taziu , steve harris
glossyibis

Email
« Reply #22 on: December 06, 2005, 09:56:48 am »

http://www.inasmuch.ro/video/inasmuch_video.html
Dear Friends,
    Please look at the above video. The message in the attachment is one that Sue sent to many . She also sent a private message to me and outlined the gravity of the situation that has been brought on by the sudden shortfall in donations. If you have a burden ot help, now is a good time to do it. Please  send donations to Christian Missions in Many Lands.   CMML, PO Box13, Spring Lake, NJ. 07762  Make checks payable to CMML and send a note to designate for Ron and Sue Bates. You will receive a receipt , and you will receive treasure in heaven. I have become friends with most of the ones you see in this video and can attest  to their great need.

Dear Friends of the widows and orphans,                      
   When we came to Romania 15 years ago, open doors abounded.  People were hungry for anything other than the godless false religion called communism. Even though they promised the people "every thing in common" like the book of Acts, but by force and without God, every religion fails. Lies, betrayal, brain-washing, fear, threats, deprivation were a way of life.
 They destroyed the Braille Bibles from the poor, helpless blind. They put orphans, the handicapped, and the mentally ill, in prison-like institutions in order to hide them from society.  The "new man of communism" certainly had no place for those God exalted.  Our God even made the test of our faith, not to be mere words, but our love and care for those the world despises.
 If you really want to be an effective witness, you must become involved in humanity.  They will SEE our good works and glorify our Father in Heaven.
 He has allowed us to print the Bible in Braille for Romania and the Republic of Moldova (which is still a communist country).
 The orphans captured the hearts and minds of people all over the world.  But few realize that those that were rejected by society and were left to fight for survival in the hell-holes called "Children's Homes" were cruelly and mercilessly cast out of the only home they ever knew to fight again for survival on the streets in the best way they could.  Stealing, lying, prostitution, pedophilia, poverty, prison were their only options, or so they thought. But God cared for them even though the world did not.  
  God has privileged us to have three homes for these rejected orphan girls, street kids who want to leave the streets, and mothers and their children who had to live on the street.  They were given a safe place to live in Jesus’ Name.  In all we have taken over 300 out of Satan's cruel clutches. Many were able to find a place in society, some went back to the streets, and 44 orphan girls are still with us. They live in a beautiful home. Some are working and some are so handicapped, they can never be reintegrated into society.  All suffer physical and emotional scars from their past life in the horrid orphanages.   Some of our girls were snatched from the very hands of the pimps and brought to our homes.  
 Such Kingdom work as this infuriates the devil and his wicked servants.  He wants us all to bow to His lying temptations and bear his rotten fruit... misery, unhappiness, deceit,, abuse (especially of children and those that God gives special attention), divided families, hatred, wars, and everything evil and against God.  
 Our life here in Romania has changed immeasurably since getting more involved in broken humanity.  We have been blessed much more than we could ever help them.  For example, there is a great open door among the gypsies.  God has stirred their hearts to hunger for knowledge of Him.  Praise God for that.  Ron’s major emphasis is teaching and preaching in their villages.
All this could not have happened without the prayers and friendship and physical help from God's people. We get no help from the government - everything is channeled through the hands and hearts of wonderful Saints of God. God chose it to be this way....not only for our blessing, but that He will be glorified through His people who act and react differently than the world.
Because of hurricane Katrina, many people were touched by that need (and rightfully so), but overseas ministries often have suffered. We believe that this will be only temporary.  These handicapped girls don't understand the world's many crises and tragedies, only their present vulnerability and dependence on you and me, by God's grace, to supply their every need.  So far, He has, but now times are very difficult.
  Many have asked about the urgent needs. Winter is upon us and we need to buy wood, radiators for Bolintin, heating system for one home in Ciorogirla, replace plumbing, paper for printing the Bible in Braille, divide the bedrooms into separate, rooms, carpet, three washing machines and two dryers, two computers for their classes, etc.
 We have some stories called "Children of the Night" on our website.  www.inasmuch.ro  We have a video of the work at www.inasmuch.ro. This is a perfect tool for evangelism and to soften hardened hearts through the lives of these girls.  If God, without limit, loves these cast-off "Ragamuffin dolls"...... He certainly loves us, who are without any merit.
 If you would like a copy, you can download it if you have a high speed connection (or go to an Internet Café) or write and we will send a copy.
 May God richly bless and keep us all until we see Him face to face and begin to more fully know what a God of love we really serve.                 Shalom,Ron and Sue Bates
 Thank you, God for restoring the health of Ron and me... the trials are so great.  If you throw a rock at the devil (by doing good) he will dump a truck-load on your head.    Never give up doing good!  We will be rewarded for giving even a cup of cold water in the Name of our Lord.

glossyibis

Email
« Reply #23 on: December 13, 2005, 08:42:46 am »

hey , how about some coment on the video for those of you who visited our site.
                       Dumnezeu sa va binecuvantaze,  steve harris
             means God bless you
glossyibis

Email
« Reply #24 on: December 18, 2005, 10:08:51 am »

On January 8 , the container with 2700 cubic  feet of winter clothing  will arrive in Bucharest. We are looking  for short  term mission workers  to help in the distribution to some of the gypsy  villages and to other orphanages as there will be much more than we can use at our  3 homes. Volunteers only need a passport and a willing heart. My phone # is on this thread so call me if you have an interest . When I travel there it usually costs me about 750 for airfare and about 300 for 2 weeks expenses. 
                                                  cu drag, steve harris

glossyibis

Email
« Reply #25 on: December 30, 2005, 04:35:25 am »

Below is a letter that I sent  to friends in my address book. The chapels mentioned are in the St.Louis area. If you would like to see the photos you must send me a personal email and I will send them to you.
Dear Friends,
   Here are some photos of our Container to Romania project. It shows some of our helpers and equipment and warehouse. When viewed from the bottom to top , you can see how the warehouse filled over time.( actually it  filled much more  than this before we emptied it) We had many contributors but a special thanks is in order  for Emmaus Bible Chapel, Fenton Crossing Bible Chapel,  Milk and Honey Ministries, and the Sunrise Christian Academy of Wichita Kansas.
  The photos in the attachments are of the container as it was almost finished loading and the loading crew (God bless them). The other 2 photos are of Ron and Sue Bates at the Bolintin home for girls and one of me with a dear  friend at a Romi village chapel. Incidently that young lady named Mihaela is a worker  for the Inasmuch ministry today.
  Now  for the good news and prayer  request. The container has arrived early  in Constanta but  there are paperwork glitches to overcome. I personally think that  someone is foot dragging to get  a bribe. This is common in Romania. So pray that these obstacles will be overcome. Also I had put out a call for laborers  to go and help distribute  the clothing and have had  no response. I realize that  this is a difficult  time to travel half way around  the world but there is still opportunity  for anyone who wants to help and it is not  that expensive. On another note, the contributions  to Inasmuch have fallen off greatly since hurricane Katrina. They are  having a difficult  time right now making ends meet. PLEASE consider a gift at  this time. Look at our  streaming  video at our website www.inasmuch.ro it will take 10 minutes to watch.
   God bless all of you  and thanks again for all your help. Perhaps we  will do the whole thing  again for next year.

vernecarty
« Reply #26 on: December 30, 2005, 01:37:28 pm »

On January 8 , the container with 2700 cubic  feet of winter clothing  will arrive in Bucharest. We are looking  for short  term mission workers  to help in the distribution to some of the gypsy  villages and to other orphanages as there will be much more than we can use at our  3 homes. Volunteers only need a passport and a willing heart. My phone # is on this thread so call me if you have an interest . When I travel there it usually costs me about 750 for airfare and about 300 for 2 weeks expenses. 
                                                  cu drag, steve harris

As a former church treasurer used to thinking about getting the biggest bang for the buck, the one grand could possibly be used by the workers already there to hire some local help with the distribution.This could also possibly present an added opportunity to share the gospel. Just thinking out loud...
Verne
« Last Edit: December 30, 2005, 01:39:07 pm by VerneCarty » Logged
glossyibis

Email
« Reply #27 on: December 30, 2005, 08:58:50 pm »

Verne,
   you are 100% correct and we will be using our paid workers to do the work. Much will also be picked up by those locals in need and the church  in Barbelesti will come for much of the clothing (their community was devastated by autumn flooding).
   The biggest advantage  to getting short  term Missionaries to go and help is that  they come home changed and continue to support  the work there. They are blessed when they give a coat and shoes to a homeless person who lives in and underground canal, and they are able to give them a Good News tract and tell them Dumnezeu sa va binecuvantaze (God Bless you). Those who receive the goods are touched that an American would leave their comforts to travel to such a poor place and go down in a sewer to give them a coat and some food and share the gospel with them. It is indeed a powerful event for them both.
    Besides all this I believe the next great missionary to Romania will be one who took a short visit  there and went back to labor  full time.  Maybe even you, think about it,
                                         blessings to all, especially Verne who helped greatly in this project,   steve harris
glossyibis

Email
« Reply #28 on: January 18, 2006, 05:56:33 am »

Dear Friends si prieteni,
   The Container arrived in Constanta and the saints were given the royal run around. After about $900 in(extra legal fees) bribes the container  was released but we had to truck it away from the port. So the distribution is underway or possibly even finished. I am hoping  for some photos to share. The container had 70 drums (50 gallon) and about 700 boxes , most of them very large.
Many will be blessed and thank you all who joined in.
  Sadly I am not encouraged about  doing this again. We will have to rethink the whole process because the Romanian customs are really getting nasty and could have made big trouble  for us.
  below is a letter from Martin Mallett I hope you will read. I believe Martin is the most effective evangelist in all Romania  and oddly enough is a friend of Charles Solomon.
                                 God is good all the time, steve
Ps. the Romanian spelling  for Bucharest is Bucuresti

Praise the Lord, thank all of you for your prayers and support. Some of the helps that were sent last week on the container from the States Steve Harris through Milk and Honey Ministry will be going to the poor Gypsy Church. Below is a picture  taken last night, (Wed. Jan. the 11th.) in Bucuresti, Romania. 12 Gypsy pastors from different parts of the country near the capital Bucuresti were in this meeting. Some of them are in the picture behind me. I am kneeling in the in front. Some of these people lost everything they owned in the floods and some even lost the lives of their family members..
I Thank the Lord for His love He has put in your heart for Him, His work, and His will, and for me the least of is servants to carry out His Word and work He has given me to do here in Romania, and now focusing on Moldova the Eastern side in Romania ( or the right side of the ship) where there is a Spiritual awakening among the Gypsies people.   Jn. 21:6 And he said unto them, Cast the net on the right side of the ship,and ye shall find. They cast therefore, and now they were not able to draw it for the multitude of fishes.
Love in Christ, Martin Mallette 
I will be in the States from Jan.14th through Feb. the 6th if it is possible I would love to come up your way and share with you all some of what the Lord is here in Romania!
I will be with Pastor Mitch Ayers in Gatlinburg TN.on the 15th, then Randy Lantz near and with Robin Horner in Tri-City TN, then with Rob Linsted in Kansas on the 29th. Then in Bro. Paul Kersey in Cal. On the 6th.Feb. I will be returning to Romania.

Attachments  Attachment scanning provided by: 

Photos:     

Save to Computer
Save to Yahoo! Photos 

DSCF0342.JPG(1.1MB) [View] 

glossyibis

Email
« Reply #29 on: January 23, 2006, 09:56:47 am »

Dear Friends si prieteni,
   The contents of the container have been distributed. We loaded over 14,000 pounds of winter clothing in it and it reached many at a very desperate time. Most of the goods were given to the communities of Hiertur and Dumbraven. Many were blessed and the fledgling assemblies in these places were greatly encouraged. What we sent may mean that some children will go to school and that some people  will not freeze to death in the harsh Romanian winter (this is very common). There is no way we can measure the impact but I can tell you that many were comforted and God has given us all a ministry of comfort (2 Cor.1). Blessings to all . I have it in my heart to return to Romania in April, God Willing, I will keep you posted. On a personal note; my wife's cancer is still in remission after 18 months, so that is looking  very good. My son Paul has to have 4 fully impacted wisdom teeth surgically removed on 2/21, we will be praying  for his comfort and recovery. One of our workers in the Romanian braille printing ministry has multiple health problems ( bad kidney, hepatitus from a kidney removal operation) and now has had a dibilitating stroke at 40. Her name is Mariana Oprisanu and she is very discouraged and needs our prayers. So make a little time for her when you pray. 
                       Dumnezeu sa va binecuvantaze,  steve harris
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  

Jump to: