AssemblyBoard
May 04, 2024, 12:50:40 pm *
The board has been closed to new content. It is available as a searchable archive only. This information will remain available indefinitely.

I can be reached at brian@tucker.name

For a repository of informational articles and current information on The Assembly, see http://www.geftakysassembly.com

Home   Search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  
Author Topic: Romanian Orphans  (Read 18125 times)
glossyibis

Email
« Reply #30 on: February 03, 2006, 08:53:42 am »

My dear  friend Martin Malette is in the Orange County area at  this time . If you live near any of the places where  he will be speaking , you should do everything  you can to get  to hear  him. I have mentioned him in a previous post as the one who distributed the 14,000 pounds of winter clothing  that was just  sent  from the States. Martin is a true servant and you will not be disappointed if you go to hear him. Martin also translated Tom Maddux' tract "good news" into Romaneste and we passed out several thaousand (at least 4) in my trips there.  love to all, steve harris
Here is what we know about his itinerary:

He will be speaking and sharing about his work in Romania at Westminster Bible Chapel on Sunday Feb. 5th at 10:45am.  We have a time of worship & remembrance of the Lord's supper at 9:30am and  believers are welcome to join us. Our address is 7631 13th St. Westminster CA .... we are west of Beach Blvd. between Westminster Ave. and Hazard which are between the 22fry and the 405fry.  There may be several other 'local' places for meetings during the week.  Call Paul Kersey (714) 895-9605 for any other information needed.

Martin will be speaking the following Sunday Feb. 12th in Torrance at South Bay Bible Chapel in the morning at 11am and at Ave. 54 Chapel in Glendale in the evening at 6pm.  The midweek meetings are still in the works with opportunities open if you know of any interested.  I have several personal contacts with Romanian Gypsies living here in So. California but have not completed communications and arrangements as yet.  Martin leaves on Feb. 13th.

glossyibis

Email
« Reply #31 on: March 15, 2006, 09:06:17 am »

Dear Friends
    I am forwarding brother Martin's letter to you. I am also taking this opportunity to tell you that I am going  to visit Martin and the assemblies in Romania on March 29. I will be there 2 week. If any would like to send a gift  to Ron and Sue or Martin , please get it to me by Mar. 27. Pray for Martin and for me.
 Dear Bro. Steve, I am trying to control my emotions.
   Yesterday, Sunday morning I went to a big Gypsy village which is about 3 hours away from here to preach. I preached at Brother Viorel's funeral, a 22 year old Gypsy brother, who had been married and left behind a wife and a baby. He was a leader of the young people at one of the Churches that I am a part of. He was killed in a highway accident. It killed him and also in the other car it killed two of the most popular singing Stars in Romania. Three or four of the major TV station were covering the story. But all they showed on the TV was the past life of this women singer named Laura Stoica and the Drummer of her band that she was living with and pregnant by. The News reporters were covering the story of the multitude weeping for the lost of these two Idols of theirs. I was shocked that they didn't say anything about the young man that was killed. I wondered if anyone cared enough about him or his family or past life to even tell the Public his name. After all he died too, he must have a family, a mama and daddy. I kept asking myself, who or would anyone weep over this young man, and who cares. At this time I did not know that this young man was Brother Viorel Duia. I was planning my Sunday morning trip and message. Bro. Calin called and asked me to preach at a funeral and then he told me who it was. I said in shock, this was this poor Gypsy boy that I was so grieved over and who's family I was praying for.  So Sunday morning at 5:30 am we left. Brother Dan Vernescu and I left the Capital, Bucuresti to be there at the Sunday morning Church service where the funeral was to be held. When we arrived, they were still having their Vigil service for the dead (the people in Romania practice the night watch custom of keeping the open casket and the body in their home) until they burry them. It was held at his house, the Duia family's home.  As I enter the house I heard his family inside around his body, weeping, screaming and wailing like you can not even imagine. His 16 years old wife, his mother, Daddy, brothers, sisters, and the people packed inside the house. I then knew who was weeping over this boy and that The Lord Jesus cared. I then remember the scripture, "Jesus wept" and I wept also, and Christ in me was weeping. I can not describe it, or even explain to you what happen to me inside my spirit, it was like a groan!
“When Jesus therefore saw her weeping, and the Jews also weeping which came with her, he groaned in the spirit, and was troubled.
I went outside his home and stood out on the steps and preached over the sound system the Gospel. The house was situated on a hill with muddy roads running everywhere, beside, around, below his house were roads. The freak winter storm that no one expected was so bitter that the snow was blowing so hard you could not open your eyes all the way. There were rain, ice and snow that was running like a muddy river right down the roads to the lower one. As I stood and preached the glorious Gospel to about 900 people with the storm raging on the outside, but it seemed like a bigger storm was raging on the inside of the hearts of the people that were listening. The snow storm outside was blowing so hard that it was blowing side ways, hitting us on the sides of our faces and bodies. After the preaching they brought the body in the opened casket from inside the house . About 8 men carried his casket (a little cheap Pine box). They carried the body out to the street where a farm tractor and a flat hay wagon covered with clear plastic was waiting in the front of the house. (This was a little different than the beautiful Mercedes van that I saw on TV carrying the Singing Stars!) After the Brothers placed the casket on the hay wagon, they carried the body with his weeping and scream family riding with him through this community to the grave yard about a mile away. Everyone (900-1,000 people) walked behind the tractor. All of this rain, ice and water was running like a creek down the road. It ran over and into my loafer shoes and covered my socks. I even got wet up my suit pants legs 4 inches at the bottoms, with mud also. My shoes were filled because we walked shoulder to shoulder with all the people and I had to step where they did. Almost every one was soaking wet and frozen. This took about 3 hours, from 1 pm. until 3 pm. After this two other brothers and I were invited to eat and get warm and dry out at a home on the street there. They built a fire in the heater and while we were eating a meal the wife and daughters of Brother Sorin were still baking for us. As we started to go out of the warm room where we ate, we saw that all of our shoes were cleaned by the sisters. These dear gypsy people are so kind, humble and clean, they break your heart with their hospitality. At 63:0 we had the night service and two of us preached. I have never in my whole life been in a meeting or the presence of the Lord like in that meeting. It was like the Holy Spirit breathed on us during preaching and the whole meeting. Before the end of the church service and before any invitation could be given by any man, The Holy Spirit started drawing the lost people forward to receive the Lord. Maybe about 20 or 30 out of about 900 people that were there in the meeting.
Well Bro. Steve you are one of the first ones I am sharing this with. This may give you an idea of what the Lord is doing here as an awakening among the Gypsies is taken place in the little spot on other side of this spinning Planet. Thank you again for your prayers and support.  Martin
glossyibis

Email
« Reply #32 on: March 29, 2006, 10:16:33 am »

In 18 hours I leave  for my 6th visit  to Romania. Pray  for me as I will be going to some difficult and dangerous places. At 55 I can no longer rely on my brazillian jui jitsu skills to  bail me out of trouble Grin. I suppose I will just have to rely on your prayers to  keep God's eye upon me. I will be back on the 13th and enjoy some bass fishing  with my sons.   love to all, steve
vernecarty
« Reply #33 on: March 30, 2006, 05:29:36 pm »

In 18 hours I leave  for my 6th visit  to Romania. Pray  for me as I will be going to some difficult and dangerous places. At 55 I can no longer rely on my brazillian jui jitsu skills to  bail me out of trouble Grin. I suppose I will just have to rely on your prayers to  keep God's eye upon me. I will be back on the 13th and enjoy some bass fishing  with my sons.   love to all, steve

Have a great time Steve and I will be praying for God's covering and keeping during your trip.
Noting at all wrong with keeping the jui jitsu skills sharp - just as long as we remember that the weapons of our warfare are not physical....! Smiley
Verne
« Last Edit: March 30, 2006, 09:00:23 pm by VerneCarty » Logged
glossyibis

Email
« Reply #34 on: May 28, 2006, 10:41:21 pm »

I am sorry that I have been back home  for so long and have not posted
about my 13 days in Romania. When I returned my wife told me that while I was
away she had discovered another tumor. She didn't want to burden me with the news
while I was away. After 18 months we thought we had beaten the cancer but it has
now reared it's ugly head again. She had the cancer  removed and is now recovering.
Her left arm is weak and in much pain. She will get PT on it in another week. Trials
notwithstanding we are upbeat about  the future and her ability to be rid of this disease.
Pray for her , some of you may remember her as Jean Kause from the Chicago assembly.
Oh, by the way pray for me too. For the Inasmuch Childrens Home pray often as they are in
need of much guidance and material support. Faithful and trustworthy workers are their
greatest need . A missionary couple to take over the day to day operations is essential.
Mai taziu (means more later in Romanian) Love you all, steve
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  

Jump to: