AssemblyBoard
May 05, 2024, 06:35:21 am *
The board has been closed to new content. It is available as a searchable archive only. This information will remain available indefinitely.

I can be reached at brian@tucker.name

For a repository of informational articles and current information on The Assembly, see http://www.geftakysassembly.com

Home   Search  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Quotes I remember!  (Read 7593 times)
David Mauldin
« on: February 11, 2003, 10:22:45 pm »

"I would be surprised to see half of you in the kingdom!"

Well George according to your own theology you won't see anyone of us in the kingdom!
« Last Edit: February 12, 2003, 01:40:33 am by David Mauldin » Logged
David Mauldin
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2003, 01:45:18 am »

"I had a dream...in it the Lord spoke to me"   yea right!
Rudy

Email
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2003, 04:08:22 am »

"I would be surprised to see half of you in the kingdom!"

Dave,

Is this something george preached ?
You have to understand that i've been gone for 10+ years.

Also wasn't around for the "7th day creation" speech.

Rudy
David Mauldin
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2003, 04:26:55 am »

oh yea, he preached that to get into the kingdom you had to be holy-  many believers will be outside the kingdom, outer darknes, in the lake of fire!  
Margaret

Email
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2003, 07:43:01 am »

George made a similar statement many, many years ago in a seminar in Fullerton, to the effect, "I would be surprised if more than 2 or 3 of you make it...."
drp

Email
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2003, 08:54:50 am »

Margaret,

I seem to remember something very similar way back at one of the Workers Conferences; subject > "Spiritual Perfection."  He said "I would be surprized if more than 2 or 3 of you make it to "perfection."  My unholy thought was, "Why the H*** am I trying then?  
outdeep

Email
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2003, 09:41:43 pm »

Two in particular I remember:

When teaching in a seminar on Acts 2:1, George made a big point that it said "the day of Pentecost was being fulfilled".  He then extended that point that Pentecost (i.e., an outpouring of spiritual experience) was not something that happened 2000 years ago, but was still going on today.  George seemed unaware that Luke was probably using the word "Pentecost" in a way he and his readers understood it - as a Jewish feast that went on over several days.  Indeed it was being fulfilled because they were probably midway through the festival.

The classic one was when George mixed up John 14:18 in the KJV "I will not leave you comfortless" with the NASB "I will not leave you as orphans".  He began to proclaim for over a year that Jesus will not leave us "orphanless".   When corrected on this, George would reply "you just don't know the English language".  Finally, through the heroic efforts of Torch editors and Betty, there was some recognition on George's part that Jesus was not promising the disciples a ministry of perpetual foster Care.

Arthur
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2003, 11:04:41 pm »

Heh, what about the seminar where George preached that all the oil would be used up by the mid to late 80's.  Roll Eyes  And then another time he said that if what a prophet says doesn't come true, that's how you know he is a false prophet.  Grin
David Mauldin
« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2003, 11:31:29 pm »

"This is it"  "We are in the beginning of sorrows!"  George said this during a Bible Study  at the start of the Gulf War

(Praise the Lord!  The tribulation is over!)
« Last Edit: February 15, 2003, 01:13:10 am by David Mauldin » Logged
joseph sperling

Email
« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2003, 06:19:44 am »

I remember during one seminar George kept making the
statement "God wants to incapacitate us with greater vision and knowledge...etc." I saw several guests and
others leaning towards one another and whispering. I too was laughing inside knowing that to "incapacitate" is to
take away something to make one weaker. He was no Phd though. He called PHD's "phenomenally dumb".

--Joe
soul dreamer

Email
« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2003, 07:29:45 am »

"God wants to incapacitate us with greater vision and knowledge..."

George actually correctly used the proper word "encapacitate," which is only in those dictionaries that have maybe 300,000 words... but, I agree, to avoid confusion he should have simply said, "God wants to give us more capacity."     Smiley
Joseph Sperling

Email
« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2003, 01:39:21 am »

Rick-----

Thanks. I stand corrected. I'm no PHD either.   --Joe
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: