AssemblyBoard
May 02, 2024, 10:27:16 am *
The board has been closed to new content. It is available as a searchable archive only. This information will remain available indefinitely.

I can be reached at brian@tucker.name

For a repository of informational articles and current information on The Assembly, see http://www.geftakysassembly.com

Home   Search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8
  Print  
Author Topic: Anyone Seen Tim Gefneverpaidanytaxes???  (Read 58836 times)
vbeers

Email
« Reply #30 on: April 02, 2003, 08:49:28 pm »

y'all aren't acting too bright.  are any of you other than bluejay over the age of 20?  i have more intelligent conversations with my students everyday.

how about if we all stop trying to control people.  if we don't like bluejay's outrage, why don't we just pray for him.  do you really think that he is going to listen to any of you- that he would actually take any of your advice?  if you do, you have another thing coming.  

let him be angry.  let him speak out.  let him be funny.  he is letting you all be nice and pleasant and even banter back and forth.  i don't see bluejay jumping up trying to break up your fights or change your minds.  

bluejay will not stop speaking out against tim g. until he is good and ready to.  nothing you or i say can change that.  so deal and start acting your ages.

-v-
vernecarty
« Reply #31 on: April 02, 2003, 09:34:21 pm »

i have more intelligent conversations with my students everyday.

There is certainly more to life than "intelligent conversation"...lighten up...
Verne

p.s. Both Al and I have long left 20 far behind...don't know about MGov...
MGov

Email
« Reply #32 on: April 02, 2003, 09:47:54 pm »

i have more intelligent conversations with my students everyday.

There is certainly more to life than "intelligent conversation"...lighten up...
Verne

If you must know, it's 45.

Gobblydegook and Balderdash are the 2 threads that Al was referring to, ie G vs B
one of the revived Dead Threads

brian

Email
« Reply #33 on: April 02, 2003, 10:52:31 pm »

y'all aren't acting too bright.  are any of you other than bluejay over the age of 20?  i have more intelligent conversations with my students everyday.

how about if we all stop trying to control people.
so deal and start acting your ages.

no kidding! castration?? jeez... i  HATE spending my time here trying to defuse potential flame wars, and am this -->||<-- close to just suspending the accounts of those who want to start them. it would make my life a lot easier. disagree, tease, argue, discuss, agree (!?), ignore -  but don't try to pick fights by flaming people, name-calling, etc. ugh.
Matt

Email
« Reply #34 on: April 03, 2003, 03:59:58 am »

no kidding! castration?? jeez... i  HATE spending my time here trying to defuse potential flame wars, and am this -->||<-- close to just suspending the accounts of those who want to start them.

Brian, since you used me as an example of a misbehaving poster, I hope you will allow me to say a little something in my defense. Al has a good point about it consistently being Vernecarty vs. other people. Yet, "other people" are the ones that get singled out by the moderators. I'm sure a lot of it has to do with this ministry's history of ganging up together with the person in authority (usually older) and sweeping any of their wrongdoings under the rug. Out of sight, out of mind, right? Wrong! Vernecarty has twisted my words around and put words in my mouth to try to make it look like I was encouraging Bluejay to stop posting. In addition, Vernecarty tried to make it look like the comments I had made toward him were really meant for Bluejay. Now, I'm not saying that you didn't read the posts carefully, so I'm just curious why there is a double standard going on here. That's all.
vernecarty
« Reply #35 on: April 03, 2003, 04:58:11 am »

Brian, since you used me as an example of a misbehaving poster, I hope you will allow me to say a little something in my defense. Al has a good point about it consistently being Vernecarty vs. other people. Yet, "other people" are the ones that get singled out by the moderators. I'm sure a lot of it has to do with this ministry's history of ganging up together with the person in authority (usually older) and sweeping any of their wrongdoings under the rug. Out of sight, out of mind, right? Wrong! Vernecarty has twisted my words around and put words in my mouth to try to make it look like I was encouraging Bluejay to stop posting. In addition, Vernecarty tried to make it look like the comments I had made toward him were really meant for Bluejay. Now, I'm not saying that you didn't read the posts carefully, so I'm just curious why there is a double standard going on here. That's all

ok, break it up, everyone, back to your corners...

this thread has degenerated from warm (heated?) discussion to a bashfest. this is a waste of everyone's pixels. i don't care who started it or whose fault it is, just stop the personal insults and attacks and lets get back to meaningful debate. paul, before you mock my use of the word meaningful - i am becoming convinced that your sole purpose here is to disrupt any meaningful debate you deny the existence of so vehemently. if that is so, then please go away. if you really do want to contribute meaningfully, then work harder on doing that and restrain your purposefully inciting comments. luke, you seem more interested in serious discussion than your brother, but your comments can get pretty inciteful and insulting as well - work on not posting like that. verne, i have to admit that some of what you posted about the robinson boys has made me cringe,   but i feel partly responsible since things might not have gotten this bad if i was doing a better job as admin...as others have said, it can sometimes be difficult to interpret exactly how something written here was intended. roughly 80% of communication is non-verbal in a flesh-n-blood conversation. so try to express yourselves clearly (assuming your intention is to AVOID offense), and when reading posts try to be patient and tolerant. try rereading that stinging attack with a friendly/punchy, or heartfelt/concerned tone of voice in your head. look for ways to understand each other better, rather than misinterpreting each other for the sake of oneupmanship. things like that...

Everyone here knows Brian's capabilities and that he does not need me to defend him. However... in the interest of fairness and accuracy...
Verne
p.s. As you no doubt noticed Brian, fortunately for this lightweight, featherweight, I have dutifully remained in my neutral corner... Grin
« Last Edit: April 03, 2003, 08:33:29 am by vernecarty » Logged
Matt

Email
« Reply #36 on: April 03, 2003, 07:30:01 am »

Everyone here knows Brian's capabilities and that he does not need me to defend him. However... in the interest of fairness and accuracy...
Verne
p.s. As you no doubt noticed Brian, fortunately for this lightweight, featherweight, I have dutiifully remained in my neutral corner... Grin

oh, WHAT? You have remained in a neutral corner? What do the Robinsons have anything to do with this conversation, Verne? I'm taking about this thread, Verne. I don't feel that I've been treated fairly and I think the only problem you have with me is that I said the Robinsons were hilarious, not irritating (which is why you brought them up). Your ego was wounded and apparently you're still miffed. It's been a little creepy that you took it to this extent and tried to twist my words around in order to get posters like Bluejay to feel that I've been offensive to them. And fortunately for me that you have remained in your neutral corner verneswitzerlandcarty? I guess lucky for you I'll be kicked off the BB if I say what you really deserve to hear, Jack ahhh.....
vernecarty
« Reply #37 on: April 03, 2003, 08:31:28 am »

I guess lucky for you I'll be kicked off the BB if I say what you really deserve to hear, Jack ahhh.....
Grin Grin Grin
Verne
brian

Email
« Reply #38 on: April 03, 2003, 08:43:13 am »

Brian, since you used me as an example of a misbehaving poster, I hope you will allow me to say a little something in my defense.

absolutely - and i appreciate your directness and honesty in how you see the situation. its the best way to find a common understanding and make peace.

Al has a good point about it consistently being Vernecarty vs. other people. Yet, "other people" are the ones that get singled out by the moderators. I'm sure a lot of it has to do with this ministry's history of ganging up together with the person in authority (usually older) and sweeping any of their wrongdoings under the rug. Out of sight, out of mind, right?

Smiley actually it has nothing to do with the way the assembly was run. but there are certain dynamics you will find in any community, one of them being that older members of that community have more of an established pattern of behavior, which gives them kind of a buffer of good behavior to fall back on in those moments of impatience. verne does not have a history of being an aggressive poster, although he has been rather rough with folks most recently. you, on the other hand, have just arrived, so i have very little to judge you by except the few posts i have already seen. if some of those posts are full of name-calling, fight-picking, trouble-starting kinds of statements, then i am more likely to assume you will continue in the same vein.

Wrong! Vernecarty has twisted my words around and put words in my mouth to try to make it look like I was encouraging Bluejay to stop posting. In addition, Vernecarty tried to make it look like the comments I had made toward him were really meant for Bluejay. Now, I'm not saying that you didn't read the posts carefully, so I'm just curious why there is a double standard going on here. That's all.

i honestly think you have misinterpreted verne's posts. i feel silly trying to explain other people's posts for them, but i didn't read verne trying to put words in your mouth. i think its clear he misunderstood your intentions in what you wrote to bluejay, and you telling him to castrate himself didn't clarify your meaning very much. his response to that was to point out that someone who would tell someone else to castrate themselves over a such a small misunderstanding may not be a very kind and understanding person. it never looked to me like verne was trying to intimate that you were saying those things about bluejay. i think you are letting your anger over verne's responses to the robinson boys seriously color your interpretation of what verne writes. ease off the hair trigger (everyone!) and use the boards for what they best suited for - pompously proclaiming opinions while perched precariously on a pine soapbox. please?
MGov

Email
« Reply #39 on: April 03, 2003, 09:45:18 am »

Matt,

The difference between your posts and the other adamant posts, is your brash name calling and language.  You are fighting.

Verne has heeded the encouragement to "cool it", but you haven't yet.

I should have included Matt and Lurker in my post taken from "who is deceived"
Quote:
Quote from: Pat Mathews on March 29, 2003, 12:40:17 pm    

In addition this BB has the unfortunate quality of making people who post seem fairly one-dimensional and I think that is one of the problems. Sarcasm, humor, and witty remarks lose something without facial expression, tone of voice, eye contact.  I am not saying that I agree with every word Paul or Luke have written or the tone in which it has been written, but do any of us agree with anyone here 100%?
I know we all have better things to do than read the jabs and jibes that have been prevalent on this thread. I would like to think that everyone here has enough maturity (whether young or old) to maintain some semblance of dignity and respect for the opinions of others without pulling out the swords.

It is much more helpful when we stick to issues and stop with the personal attacks and that does apply to young and old. If you must at the very least use IM so the rest of us don't have to wade through the barbs.

Dear Verne, Heide, affirming, Luke and Paul, and To Whom This May Concern

Consider what Pat has written (as quoted above).  I suggest the you/we all IGNORE the bait and stick with the topic.  When you feel provoked "take 6 minutes off"(no insult or sarcasm intended here) before replying.

Love and God bless,
a sister in the Lord
Matt

Email
« Reply #40 on: April 03, 2003, 11:17:26 am »

i think its clear he misunderstood your intentions in what you wrote to bluejay,

Thank you, Brian, it needed to be said.
Matt

Email
« Reply #41 on: April 03, 2003, 11:20:09 am »

Matt,

The difference between your posts and the other adamant posts, is your brash name calling and language.

Oh my goodness! Is that the difference? Thank you kindly! I don't know what I would do if you did not have a keen sense of the obvious, MGov.
- Matt
« Last Edit: April 03, 2003, 12:06:06 pm by Matt » Logged
vernecarty
« Reply #42 on: April 03, 2003, 10:36:25 pm »

Hey MGov:
This a figure our fairer bretheren ususually guard with their lives...nice to see you so comfortable with your planetary tenure...
Verne
« Last Edit: April 03, 2003, 10:37:33 pm by vernecarty » Logged
MGov

Email
« Reply #43 on: April 03, 2003, 11:07:42 pm »

Hey MGov:
This a figure our fairer bretheren ususually guard with their lives...nice to see you so comfortable with your planetary tenure...
Verne

It's called 'a sign of the times'.  As one matures(aka gets older) one develops this keen sense of humor(as diplayed by Al - whose age is posted for all to know). One doesn't care about how old they are.  Exposure to teens is especially good to develop this.  Verne you must not have hit 40 yet, hence you lack of awareness of this condition.(BTW I am joking).

Another big word  Verne.
ususually - couldn't find it in the dictionary though.

Have you seen 'My Big Fat Greek Wedding?'
« Last Edit: April 03, 2003, 11:47:07 pm by MGov » Logged
Heide

Email
« Reply #44 on: April 03, 2003, 11:20:34 pm »

Anyone ever seen George G pay taxes? I found it interesting looking thru Social Security that I could find Betty but not George. It is interesting to me that so much of George's life isn't documented.

Heide
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8
  Print  

Jump to: