AssemblyBoard
May 02, 2024, 07:53:08 am *
The board has been closed to new content. It is available as a searchable archive only. This information will remain available indefinitely.

I can be reached at brian@tucker.name

For a repository of informational articles and current information on The Assembly, see http://www.geftakysassembly.com

Home   Search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8
  Print  
Author Topic: Anyone Seen Tim Gefneverpaidanytaxes???  (Read 58835 times)
vernecarty
« Reply #15 on: April 02, 2003, 10:10:34 am »

I'm not defending the Geftkays' at all, but I am concerned for bluejay. I just don't want him to get burned. I'd love to see the Geftakys come to justice too. I just want people like bluejay to be at peace, it's horrible to see the results of the Geftakys' "work."

How bout you castrating yourself and moving to Iraq? Just a suggestion.

Hi Bluejay:
I had a funny feeling that this phony-balony expression of concern for you was suspect... what a tender and solicitous soul huh? I think you get the message...keep on posting my friend...we need the comic relief!
Verne

« Last Edit: April 02, 2003, 10:16:12 am by vernecarty » Logged
vernecarty
« Reply #16 on: April 02, 2003, 10:25:35 am »

Dear Bluejay,
. You have to let it go...let it go from your heart, let it go from your head. Learn from the experience and let it all go. Don't let them keep you in bondage like this! I used to feel that way too, and I know it's easier said than done. But you must strive and don't let the Geftakys get you all riled up just thinking about them!
- Matt

Cry Cry Cry Cry

Huh Huh Huh Huh
You know, you just can't resist "correcting" people, can you? You're just like a Geftakite to the nth degree...
Hyuk! Hyuk!

Verne
« Last Edit: April 02, 2003, 10:45:40 am by vernecarty » Logged
al Hartman

Email
« Reply #17 on: April 02, 2003, 10:28:15 am »

The phrase "A chicken in every pot"  was a presidential campaign promise (FDR, i think).  It popped up in my memory (my grandfather told me about it) and prompted me to coin the phrase "Two camps on every thread" as a description of the GABB.

It's kinda comical:  just as soon as someone starts a new thread, sides are formed.  It reminds me of kids on a playground, choosing teams for a ball game.

On one thread there is a Scriptural Creation team vs. a Scientific Evolution team.

Another thread hosts the Bible Bangers vs. the Spirit Leds.

There are the BABs vs. the AORTAS (Born Again Believers vs. All Other Religions' Top All Stars).

On yet another thread there is a team of people who want only to expose and punish the Geftakys Family and its followers.  They are opposed by a team which seeks only to expose the first team's anger and bitterness.

Finally, there seem to be several threads where the teams are Verne Carty vs. Everybody Else!  What's up with that?

who says old guys don't have a sense of humor?
al

MGov

Email
« Reply #18 on: April 02, 2003, 10:48:51 am »

Al,

You forgot the  Dead Threads.

(Sounds like a heavy metal rock group).

vernecarty
« Reply #19 on: April 02, 2003, 10:51:37 am »

Finally, there seem to be several threads where the teams are Verne Carty vs. Everybody Else!  What's up with that?

al

You would not want the BB to go moribund with boredom now would you? After all am I not the "Sparkman"?!
Verne
MGov

Email
« Reply #20 on: April 02, 2003, 10:59:20 am »

You would not want the BB to go moribund with boredom now would you? After all am I not the "Sparkman"?!
Verne

Verne,

You must be an English teacher.  All these new big words.
Moribund - had to look it up in the dictionary.
Or is it your years of sitting under GG's ministry?(This is not an insult and is only intended to be a joke).

« Last Edit: April 02, 2003, 11:01:33 am by MGov » Logged
al Hartman

Email
« Reply #21 on: April 02, 2003, 11:13:36 am »

Verne,

True, you do provide us with lessibund...

"Sparkman?"     i thought it was SPANKMAN!!!

McGov,

Careful-- don't get caught in the crossfire!  The next two camps may be firehoses vs. roman candles!!!

are we having fun yet???
al

« Last Edit: April 02, 2003, 11:14:53 am by al Hartman » Logged
MGov

Email
« Reply #22 on: April 02, 2003, 11:20:31 am »

McGov,

twice in a row; you must think I'm Scottish.

Well I'm not, so keep guessing.

vernecarty
« Reply #23 on: April 02, 2003, 12:14:29 pm »

Verne,

Er...I do believe I spank...er...stand corrected...
Verne

Verne,

Or is it your years of sitting under GG's ministry?(This is not an insult and is only intended to be a joke).

MGov:
5 % George, 95 % Latin
Verne
« Last Edit: April 02, 2003, 12:19:14 pm by vernecarty » Logged
Matt

Email
« Reply #24 on: April 02, 2003, 01:33:26 pm »

I'm not defending the Geftkays' at all, but I am concerned for bluejay. I just don't want him to get burned. I'd love to see the Geftakys come to justice too. I just want people like bluejay to be at peace, it's horrible to see the results of the Geftakys' "work."

Hi Bluejay:
I had a funny feeling that this phony-balony expression of concern for you was suspect... what a tender and solicitous soul huh? I think you get the message...keep on posting my friend...we need the comic relief!
Verne

Nice try Verne trying to make it look like I was telling Bluejay to move to Iraq instead of you! haha, but surely nobody else was that stupid...now stop trying to stir up trouble.
Matt

Email
« Reply #25 on: April 02, 2003, 01:45:33 pm »

Hi Bluejay:
Verne

How funny, Verne! I had a feeling that you were a jackass and guess I was right. I never asked Bluejay to stop posting; do you have some words you are trying to put in my mouth? Yes, Bluejay, keep posting. And we know how "tender and solicitious" you've been, Verne, with everyone, especially the Robinsons. So keep up the caring spirit.
vernecarty
« Reply #26 on: April 02, 2003, 06:34:16 pm »

You know, you just can't resist "correcting" people, can you? You're just like a Geftakite to the nth degree...

I had a feeling that you were a jackass and guess I was right

Who seems to be doing all the BRAYING... hmmmn..?
Verne
« Last Edit: April 02, 2003, 06:41:17 pm by vernecarty » Logged
psalm51

Email
« Reply #27 on: April 02, 2003, 06:41:02 pm »

I had a feeling that you were a jackass and guess I was right
This is supposed to be funny? Angry Huh Huh Embarrassed Undecided
MGov

Email
« Reply #28 on: April 02, 2003, 06:46:53 pm »

Verne,

Er...I do believe I spank...er...stand corrected...
Verne

Verne,

MGov:
5 % George, 95 % Latin
Verne

Balderdash!
vernecarty
« Reply #29 on: April 02, 2003, 07:18:55 pm »

Balderdash!

Any relation to Goblydegook?
Verne
« Last Edit: April 02, 2003, 07:20:48 pm by vernecarty » Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8
  Print