AssemblyBoard
May 05, 2024, 11:51:54 pm *
The board has been closed to new content. It is available as a searchable archive only. This information will remain available indefinitely.

I can be reached at brian@tucker.name

For a repository of informational articles and current information on The Assembly, see http://www.geftakysassembly.com

Home   Search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7
  Print  
Author Topic: Jeff Lehmkuhl, The Addict  (Read 66886 times)
chrisnortonfan1

Email
« Reply #75 on: March 16, 2004, 01:25:54 am »

I had to post my two cents on this thread.

I agree with Robert in my concern about some of the proposed "methods" in dealing with Jeff Lehmkuhl.  I mean driving by his house on Sunday morning and taking down license plate numbers??  Step back and think about that one.  

I know I'll catch flak for this stance, but frankly, some of the proposals are a bit disturbing.  Despite the abuse the Assembly heaped on people on here, the fact will always be, we all had a choice.  This even includes all of us that were forced to go to the meetings by our parents (yes, that would include me).  

If Jeff Lehmkuhl chooses to start a "work," that is his responsibility to his family.

If there are those of you on this BB who know him, you should entreat him as a brother.  Not picket his house, not blitz the neighborhood with flyers, not stalk those who go to his house on Sunday mornings.  If he rejects you counsel, well then, you did all you could.

For the rest of us who do not know him, we should pray and trust God to work in His own way.  I would dare say that any one of you would be shocked, appalled, enraged, etc. if your family was subjected to the same intrusive treatment by absolute strangers.  As far as him using his position as a shop teacher to bring in new converts, my best guess is that behaviour is not normally smiled upon in a public school setting (should he be teaching in a public school, I don't have the facts on this one).

And finally, I know the Assembly was big on intrusiveness.  Now I see the exact same tactics advocated by people on this board.  I know it is being spun as warning people about the insipid evils of the Assembly, but seriously, reevaluate your idea processes.

Anyway, I am sure I'll get dissed big time for this very unpopular stance, but I needed to voice my opinion.
God bless
Noel
Suzie Trockman
« Reply #76 on: March 16, 2004, 02:45:54 am »

Dan,

I don't know if you read Brent's post under New Role,  but after 3 years of being on the frontlines, he has decided to take a back seat.  It's great to see others step up.

We have been providencially able to talk 3 possible recruits of Jeff out of meeting with him (in the last year), apart from  protests, picketing, etc. We will continue to do so, as the Lord leads these people to us. We have also contacted 3 pastors in the area who have met with Jeff.  He refuses their counsel.  So, as you can see, we haven't been "sitting in our estate typing on the internet".

But the most wonderful thing is that by us stepping back, it has allowed others to step-up.

Suzie

Rachel

Email
« Reply #77 on: March 16, 2004, 04:28:59 am »

I don't know about other places, but I remember clearly as a kid, people protesting our "Gospel Campaigns" at the Mission Plaza.  

Those protests did not seem to affect the number of people who came.  I rarely saw anyone turn away because of them.  On the contrary, those who were there seemed to feel more determined to figure out what was going on by staying.  The "Saints" felt justified in being there because the protests were just a fulfillment of the "we are going to be persecuted" prophecies of the leadership.

I think that the website is a highly effective tool if it has up to date information on the status of the individual locales.  

I also think that Brent and Suzie's involvement in the local Christian Community in SLO has and will be instrumental.  The churches in SLO are very connected and involved with one another.  The leadership of those churches know about Jeff.  As a result anyone getting involved with Jeff is likely to run into other Christians who will in turn warn them away or at least refer them to Brent, a pastor, or the website.  That comes with more credibility then a bunch of people picketing.
mithrandir
« Reply #78 on: March 16, 2004, 06:10:23 am »

I too believe that discreet warnings are in order.  But we must be careful not to cause collateral damage.  Talking to individuals, as well as pastors, school administrators, etc., is right on in my opinion.  Picketing is not dignified or honoring to the Lord, in my opinion.

Clarence Thompson
Nancy Newswander

Email
« Reply #79 on: March 16, 2004, 08:02:01 am »

I agree with Rachel.  The assembly mentality is to label any resistance as "warfare".  The usual reaction to outside criticism is to circle the wagons and become even more resolute and determined to continue in their ways.  Protestors are confirmation to assembly people that they are doing the "will of God".  

And remember, we didn't listen to criticism either.  We felt like it was the Lord's way of testing our faithfulness to the "vision".

We need to pray - although some think that isn't enough - and continue to talk opening, shining the light and challenging as we can.  I personally am seeing results.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2004, 08:39:44 am by Nancy Newswander » Logged
Robert E. Beasley

Email
« Reply #80 on: March 16, 2004, 09:08:08 pm »

Folks,

I was just thinking: How many of US left the Assembly because of guerilla tactics like flyers, pickets, physical rescues, etc? Some probably have. I don't know. Or was it because of people that loved us speaking the truth to us with real concern and respect? For me, it was the latter.

I'd like to hear of some other tactics that got you out. Any guerilla tactics?

Bob.

P.S. A lot of folks get into these groups for a sense of love, self-respect, and belonging. Maybe we can win some out by the same approach. ?
« Last Edit: March 16, 2004, 09:11:15 pm by Robert E. Beasley » Logged
Suzie Trockman
« Reply #81 on: March 16, 2004, 09:26:48 pm »

Folks,

I was just thinking: How many of US left the Assembly because of guerilla tactics like flyers, pickets, physical rescues, etc? Some probably have. I don't know. Or was it because of people that loved us speaking the truth to us with real concern and respect? For me, it was the latter.

Bob.

P.S. A lot of folks get into these groups for a sense of love, self-respect, and belonging. Maybe we can win some out by the same approach. ?

For us, it was the Internet.

Brent began reading about the Local Church of Witness Lee.  At first it freaked me out how similiar the two were.  I made him stop sharing it with me as it caused me to doubt about my involvement with The Assembly of George Geftakys.

However, without a doubt, the single most effective thing for getting people free of the Assembly has been simply telling the truth about who and what they are....on the website.

Nothing has been nearly as effective.  Reason doesn't work with most of these people, protest and picketing only stregthens their persecution complex,  aside from the fact that it is just plain weird.

You can talk to a person with ears,  share books with a person who has eyesight, but to the deaf, dumb and blind, you must grab them and drag them out, hating even the garment defiled by the flesh.

A rod for the back of fools......

Suzie
M2
« Reply #82 on: March 16, 2004, 10:36:59 pm »

Folks,

Bob.

For us, it was the Internet.

Brent began reading about the Local Church of Witness Lee.  At first it freaked me out how similiar the two were.  I made him stop sharing it with me as it caused me to doubt about my involvement with The Assembly of George Geftakys.

However, without a doubt, the single most effective thing for getting people free of the Assembly has been simply telling the truth about who and what they are....on the website.

Nothing has been nearly as effective.  Reason doesn't work with most of these people, protest and picketing only stregthens their persecution complex,  aside from the fact that it is just plain weird.

You can talk to a person with ears,  share books with a person who has eyesight, but to the deaf, dumb and blind, you must grab them and drag them out, hating even the garment defiled by the flesh.

A rod for the back of fools......

Suzie

Bob,

GG's excomm... was a wake up call for me, and caused me to re-evaluate my involvement with the existing Geftakys assembly, which I did via this BB.  Any attempt to reason with existing assembly sympathizers has failed, because they closed the door on communication re. assembly matters.  Only those who continued to discuss assembly matters have come to a similar conclusion that I did, but it did sometimes take some 'aggressive' maneuvers on my part.  IMO shock treatment seems to be the only remaining method that might be effective.  Suzie has described their condition very well.

Also, it is not a small matter to mingle with existing assembly sympathizers who are not open to discussing assembly matters.  They have had more than one year since GG's excomm.. to search out the truth of the matter for themselves and have not done so.  They are also very skilled in using the Scriptures to support their perspective.  One could very easily become an asemblysympathizer sympathizer Smiley.  The Lord Jesus does warn us to beware of the leaven of the Pharisees, and He had some pretty 'harsh' words for the likes of them (Matt 23).

The focus at this point, should be in preventing innocent recruits from being ensnared by them.  Picketing/flyers is neither cool nor effective IMO.  But the community needs to be informed so...  how shall we then proceed.  I have done and will do my part.  But I do not believe that the word of rebuke necessarily means that I do not love them, nor that I am bitter against them.

Lord bless,
Marcia
Oscar

Email
« Reply #83 on: March 17, 2004, 12:20:00 am »

Folks,

Back in the 70's some guys picketed outside the Assistance League building where the Fullerton Assembly was meeting.

The "saints" were told to ignore them....and they did.

So, I don't think that picketing assemblyite meetings will have any effect on the inmates.

But...providing information to people attending campus Bible studies...things like that.   That might serve to warn off some people by denying the current assemblyites the cover of secrecy about their corrupt, deluded past.

God bless,

Thomas Maddux

pbrusati

Email
« Reply #84 on: March 26, 2004, 12:12:28 pm »

I moved to the House of Prayer in Fullerton in 1982.  Jeff moved in with us a few months later.  I remember him as a young man who loved the Lord and was very serious about serving God.  He also had a great sense of humor.  It makes me sad to hear how much his involvement with the Assembly has messed him up.

I remember the great struggle I endured when deciding, after four years, to leave.  Many others have felt that same pull.  There are some very powerful, extremely seductive spirits at work there. (1 Tim 4:1)  Jesus said "This kind does not come out, except by payer and fasting."  We need to pray fervently for Jeff's deliverance! (James 5:16)  And everyone else who is enslaved.

This whole subject really stirs me up, and I could literally go on for hours, but I will end with this:
If Jeff is saying that OBJECTIVE TRUTH and ESTABLISHED FACTS are mere gossip he is clearly decieved.  And so is everyone else in the Assemblies who talks that way.  This is no longer a matter of opinion.
al Hartman

Email
« Reply #85 on: March 27, 2004, 04:45:17 pm »

It nonetheless still scares the *&%$%## out of me...

Verne,

This is a good thing!!!  Whatever *&%$## is, you don't need it in you anyway!!!

Grin  Grin  Grin  al   Wink

al Hartman

Email
« Reply #86 on: March 27, 2004, 11:51:23 pm »

It nonetheless still scares the *&%$%## out of me...

Verne,

This is a good thing!!!  Whatever *&%$## is, you don't need it in you anyway!!!

Grin  Grin  Grin  al   Wink

He! He! Thanks for at least quoting me accurately.

No problemo!  

I actually had no idea whether you spelled it correctly Huh, but it is probably something beyond the range of my meager vocabulary, anyhow Roll Eyes...

Grin al  Wink

Eulaha L. Long

Email
« Reply #87 on: May 03, 2004, 06:21:41 am »

Any updates on the Lehmkuhl worship meeting?
jackhutchinson

Email
« Reply #88 on: May 06, 2004, 11:52:15 pm »

I've heard from two different people that he is not conducting meetings in his home.  One person told me that only one person responded favorably to the letter (pleasant surprise).  Enough people got on his case to pursuade him to give it up.

Jack
Eulaha L. Long

Email
« Reply #89 on: May 09, 2004, 08:39:10 pm »

I've heard from two different people that he is not conducting meetings in his home.  One person told me that only one person responded favorably to the letter (pleasant surprise).  Enough people got on his case to pursuade him to give it up.

Jack

PRAISE THE LORD!!! Grin Grin Grin
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7
  Print  

Jump to: