AssemblyBoard
May 19, 2024, 04:06:33 am *
The board has been closed to new content. It is available as a searchable archive only. This information will remain available indefinitely.

I can be reached at brian@tucker.name

For a repository of informational articles and current information on The Assembly, see http://www.geftakysassembly.com

Home   Search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7
  Print  
Author Topic: Jeff Lehmkuhl, The Addict  (Read 67131 times)
al Hartman

Email
« Reply #45 on: March 05, 2004, 11:18:03 am »

from Brian Tucker:
     ...these are the babblings of the quintessential doubleminded man, unstable in all his ways. anyone who could sign their name to the repentance letter that he did, publicly acknowledge fault, publicly step down, etc. then go back on it so completely could not possibly be anything but double-minded. he has now REPENTED (not just mumbled an apology, but REPENTED) in two diametrically opposed directions. so which one is the REAL repentence? which time was he REALLY reacting to God's voice? this blatant contradiction in thought, speech and behavior shows a fractured personality, and there is no way for him to escape the effects of that fracture.

This documented fact is, by itself, an undeniable self-disqualification from any form of leadership until such a time when true Christian leaders determine that a stable life of obedience to Christ has been firmly established over a significant period of time.  A man may certainly lead his own family in prayer and study, but anyone else steps into that scenario at great peril.

...based on your own admission to having allowed all these things that you call so very sinful and wrong, why should anyone ever believe you when you say you are hearing God's voice again?

...fellowship is highly overrated anyway. its probably best to follow that voice inside that tells you to cut off all fellowship and just meet with yourself in your own house. its so much easier to convince yourself that those voices are God speaking when you are isolated...

...but doesn't it bother you when the voice you're listening to holds just a little too long on the ESSssss  ssoundssss?

M2
« Reply #46 on: March 05, 2004, 07:00:50 pm »

Another comment on the Jeff L. situation:

We've been where Jeff was this past year - big frogs from a little pond suddenly finding themselves tadpoles in the big river of the real church.  It was shocking and uncomfortable, to say the least.  Part of our addiction was to the false sense of self-importance the assembly gave us.  Sick sick sick.  The bone deep longing to be respected, to be looked up to is a fever that's hard to burn out of oneself.  One can be on a dry drunk for a long time while it's getting extinguished by continual repentance from it.  (For the non-alcoholics, a dry drunk is when your're sober but you wish you were drinking.)  

Margaret,  at least you saw the need for 'continual repentance'.  I do not believe that Jeff has, and therefore he is being controlled by his lust for power rather than the truth of the matter.  The assembly so drilled in the 'preserve the testimony' and 'New Testament simplicity' aspect, such that leaders(ex, present, and wannabees) feel justified to LIE as long as it preserves the testimony.  They are so apt at lying that they do not recognize the truth when it comes to them.

The New Testament simplicity thing really gets to me.  Assembly sympathizers have decided that the way they meet is what 'makes' it for them.  When I left almost everyone (who remained "in") I talked to pointed out that what was special about the assembly was they way they met and that they had a contibution there.  It wasn't 'because the Lord is here'.  Isn't that interesting?  They are addicted to 'making a contribution'.  They have erroneously decided to call their way of meeting the New Testament simplicity pattern, though the overwhelming evidence proves otherwise.  So they idolize their pattern and do not even entertain the possibility that God wants them elsewhere.  Though God is able to recover, restore and heal, each and every one of them are disqualified from being leaders.

Lord bless,
Marcia

P.S. re. control - there are many couples re-evaluating the unhealthy marriage counselling received while under GG's rule.  Those who are 'in' are still maintaining the same ole vision.  But the rest...  I know of one husband ex-leader (not in Ottawa) who pretty well terrorized his wife as he lamented 'I cannot control you anymore'.  Interesting, don't you think?  It's about control, not about loving relationships.
MM
Recovering Saint

Email
« Reply #47 on: March 05, 2004, 10:02:18 pm »

Jeff and any who are supporting you to restart the Assembly.

Jer 5:
25 Your wickedness has deprived you of these wonderful blessings. Your sin has robbed you of all these good things.
26 "Among my people are wicked men who lie in wait for victims like a hunter hiding in a blind. They are continually setting traps for other people.
27 Like a cage filled with birds, their homes are filled with evil plots. And the result? Now they are great and rich.
28 They are well fed and well groomed, and there is no limit to their wicked deeds. They refuse justice to orphans and deny the rights of the poor.
29 Should I not punish them for this?" asks the LORD. "Should I not avenge myself against a nation such as this?
30 "A horrible and shocking thing has happened in this land –
31 the prophets give false prophecies, and the priests rule with an iron hand. And worse yet, my people like it that way! But what will you do when the end comes?

In verse 31 we see the Inditement against the Assembly.

1. False prophecy, end times fear mongering and an obsession about rules and outward appearance.

2. Priests rule with an iron hand. Very controlling and legalistic in the use of scripture.

3. And the people like it that way. The Assembly mentality is so rigid they think they have it better because everything is black and white and compartmentalized.

4. And they aren’t ready to accept the end of the precious Assembly because it is the structure they made that appeals to them more than the Lord’s leading individually in a healthy Church. Like the bird man from Alcatraz prison in San Francisco. He was in jail so long he dreaded going out into the real world. The people “in” can’t stand making decisions so they have others make them for them. The leaders like to make the rules because it gives them false prestige.

Take the tour see how isolated it is.

http://www.sftravel.com/alcatraz_island.htm

Hugh  Shocked
« Last Edit: March 05, 2004, 11:50:45 pm by Hugh » Logged
delila

Email
« Reply #48 on: March 05, 2004, 10:33:31 pm »

Another comment on the Jeff L. situation:

We've been where Jeff was this past year - big frogs from a little pond suddenly finding themselves tadpoles in the big river of the real church.  It was shocking and uncomfortable, to say the least.  Part of our addiction was to the false sense of self-importance the assembly gave us.  Sick sick sick.  The bone deep longing to be respected, to be looked up to is a fever that's hard to burn out of oneself.  One can be on a dry drunk for a long time while it's getting extinguished by continual repentance from it.  (For the non-alcoholics, a dry drunk is when your're sober but you wish you were drinking.)  

Margaret,  at least you saw the need for 'continual repentance'.  I do not believe that Jeff has, and therefore he is being controlled by his lust for power rather than the truth of the matter.  The assembly so drilled in the 'preserve the testimony' and 'New Testament simplicity' aspect, such that leaders(ex, present, and wannabees) feel justified to LIE as long as it preserves the testimony.  They are so apt at lying that they do not recognize the truth when it comes to them.

The New Testament simplicity thing really gets to me.  Assembly sympathizers have decided that the way they meet is what 'makes' it for them.  When I left almost everyone (who remained "in") I talked to pointed out that what was special about the assembly was they way they met and that they had a contibution there.  It wasn't 'because the Lord is here'.  Isn't that interesting?  They are addicted to 'making a contribution'.  They have erroneously decided to call their way of meeting the New Testament simplicity pattern, though the overwhelming evidence proves otherwise.  So they idolize their pattern and do not even entertain the possibility that God wants them elsewhere.  Though God is able to recover, restore and heal, each and every one of them are disqualified from being leaders.

Lord bless,
Marcia

P.S. re. control - there are many couples re-evaluating the unhealthy marriage counselling received while under GG's rule.  Those who are 'in' are still maintaining the same ole vision.  But the rest...  I know of one husband ex-leader (not in Ottawa) who pretty well terrorized his wife as he lamented 'I cannot control you anymore'.  Interesting, don't you think?  It's about control, not about loving relationships.
MM

1) about those who remain 'in' - your statment is curiously telling.  What is their righteousness?  - the way we do things?  The way George taught us to do things?  Indeed, our works at all - that sets us apart?  The way we beat and manipulate one another into 'serving the lord' according to George's pattern?  Them's reasons to keep on beatin' a dead dog... yikes
2) about the marriages - of course I've got no idea of whom you speak, could be several x-assembly men cryin' that blue song about the dog that suddenly has a mind of her own (referring to wife).  Again, it's a very real pain for them (the men who are now questioned, who now have wives who think for themselves according to the brain God gave them) and I do feel sorry for them, these men, because they wound themselves.  They too measure their own success according to George's ruler: keep your house in order and then you are a man of God.  And Betty's example: cover up whatever you can not disguise or keep locked in the closet.  Again, without open examination of the evil that was taught, we continue to maim ourselves with rusy knives in the name of God.  But, as Nancy always used to say: we choose our own poison.

delila
jackhutchinson

Email
« Reply #49 on: March 06, 2004, 01:55:58 am »

Heide came to that "worship" meeting, because she was going to get a public apology from Jeff and Roberto for them having called her a liar when she sent out an email protesting the cover-up of David Geftaky's abuse of Judy.  The addict's, knowing full well that multiple incidents of abuse had occured, told everyone that Heide was lying in order to preserve "The New Testament" gathering that the Addict refers to in his letter below.

Jeff apologized to Heide beforehand, and told her that he would never lead anyone again.  Roberto Sanchez, however, would not apologize and it was he who made the public horror referred to in the Addict's letter, not Heide.

After the incident where Roberto disrupted worship,  all of us discussed this thing, and Jeff and Danny agreed that Roberto needed to apologize to Heide for what he did in the "worship disruption."

A week later, the final Assembly meeting was held.  Roberto gave a pseudo-apology there, and then told another lie about why Heide was not there to hear him.

No lie is of the truth,  and Jeff has hung himself and solidified his reputation with this.  

Heide, on the other hand, is simply being slandered yet again, by a spineless, idolatrous moron.

My only regret is that Heide didn't disrupt their accursed worship.  My respect for her would be even greater if she had done so.  Sadly, it was only the belicose voice of a geftakysservant that was heard that morning.

Brent

Actually, Heide's voice was heard that morning and she DID disrupt the worship (you go, girl!).  After Roberto reasserted his slander against her she defended herself OUT LOUD.  Imagine, a woman spoke out loud in the meeting, and she not only refused to wear a head covering, but she wore large earrings and pants!  Oh, the shame of it all!

The last anyone heard of her voice was her sobs as she walked out of the room in tears.

Yes, it was a horror.

Jack
editor
« Reply #50 on: March 06, 2004, 02:45:58 am »

Heide came to that "worship" meeting, because she was going to get a public apology from Jeff and Roberto for them having called her a liar when she sent out an email protesting the cover-up of David Geftaky's abuse of Judy.  The addict's, knowing full well that multiple incidents of abuse had occured, told everyone that Heide was lying in order to preserve "The New Testament" gathering that the Addict refers to in his letter below.

Jeff apologized to Heide beforehand, and told her that he would never lead anyone again.  Roberto Sanchez, however, would not apologize and it was he who made the public horror referred to in the Addict's letter, not Heide.

After the incident where Roberto disrupted worship,  all of us discussed this thing, and Jeff and Danny agreed that Roberto needed to apologize to Heide for what he did in the "worship disruption."

A week later, the final Assembly meeting was held.  Roberto gave a pseudo-apology there, and then told another lie about why Heide was not there to hear him.

No lie is of the truth,  and Jeff has hung himself and solidified his reputation with this.  

Heide, on the other hand, is simply being slandered yet again, by a spineless, idolatrous moron.

My only regret is that Heide didn't disrupt their accursed worship.  My respect for her would be even greater if she had done so.  Sadly, it was only the belicose voice of a geftakysservant that was heard that morning.

Brent

Actually, Heide's voice was heard that morning and she DID disrupt the worship (you go, girl!).  After Roberto reasserted his slander against her she defended herself OUT LOUD.  Imagine, a woman spoke out loud in the meeting, and she not only refused to wear a head covering, but she wore large earrings and pants!  Oh, the shame of it all!

The last anyone heard of her voice was her sobs as she walked out of the room in tears.

Yes, it was a horror.

Jack

Thanks for the clarification Jack.

My point was that it was Roberto, not Heide who "started" the whole thing.  What was she supposed to do when faced with lies and denials right before "worship?"  She was right to say something.

Here is another interesting point.

Jeff claims that the web is gossip.   On the web are copies of a SLO county court document called a restraining order.

Jeff was present for a portion of those proceedings, and he knew full well that David punched his daughter, and that he had the unfortunate habit of beating his wife.

For years, Jeff denied or danced around the fact that any of this ever took place.  Now, he is calling "gossip," what he knows is truth.

Woe to them who call evil good,  and good evil.

God spoke to him eh?   I am 99% sure that no voice was heard by Jeff, but if there was a "prompting,"  its source was not the Holy Spirit.

Brent
jackhutchinson

Email
« Reply #51 on: March 06, 2004, 03:52:24 am »

[The last anyone heard of her voice was her sobs as she walked out of the room in tears.

Yes, it was a horror.

Jack

I wish to correct myself.  Heide just refreshed my memory by reminding me that she did not cry.  She was, however, so shaken up that her knees were weak.

Your point is well taken, Brent.  It was Roberto that was responsible for the horror.

Jack
Eulaha L. Long

Email
« Reply #52 on: March 07, 2004, 03:16:13 am »

I can not begin to describe the anger I feel over Jeff's decision to restart what God has shut down, which is why it has taken me so long to respond.  I know first-hand that he is a liar.  I feel bad for the kids, now that they will be forced back into the Assembly regime.  When will they get the chance to heal?  By joining a local, healthy church, they had the opportunity to process all the Assembly garbage.

Can this man be stopped?
Heide

Email
« Reply #53 on: March 07, 2004, 03:35:23 am »

My name back in the middle of controversy again!  I have my two cents too!!!

First of all, in Jeff's letter he says his family was horrified. Well, that is lie number 1. His family was not present that morning. Nancy wasn't there. The kids weren't there. So who is this family that he is talking about?

Secondly, I didn't go to that meeting to hear Roberto apologize. Roberto never made any effort to contact me and that morning I would not shake his hand because I felt he owed me something. His mealy mouth wife tried to justify what her husband had done and she was dealt with by me. First time I ever told a "sister" to shut up and stop justifying her husband. Roberto has never repented of anything as far as I know. He has called my home MANY times yelling into my answering machine that I have to forgive him, real humble..... I have to meet him, I have to listen to him and I have to forgive him. I have a rule, you yell at me and chances are I'm not going to listen.

That morning Jack was with me. Jack was ready to pounce on Roberto but I knew if we gave him enough rope Roberto would hang himself with it. Sure enough, he did.

As far as Jeff goes, we were ok last year until he brought my name up again in his infamous letter. Now "we" have a problem.  

Pray Jeff that we never run into each other at the grocery store or any place else. I will hound you like the dog you are. My mother taught me a saying " Sticks and stones may break my bones"   but your snide little remarks Jeff tell me what a worm and coward you are. You are the bully in the school yard.

Heide C. Johnson
Mark C.

Email
« Reply #54 on: March 07, 2004, 08:44:13 am »

Hi Everyone !  Smiley

I think we all have received a great education by reading Jeff's letter and following the comments that attempt to understand the psychology of the writer.
  Thank you Brian for your 'verse-by-verse' exposition of the letter as it was very good.
   If what Jeff wrote provides at least one good lesson (and there seem to be plenty) it is that it is important to understand and break free of Assembly thinking.  Those that continue to meet, sans GG, and/or head out to other churches, without understanding that the teaching and practices in the Assembly were seriously in error can easily fall into what Jeff is doing.
   There are those who might say, "the Assembly wasn't that bad, and I remember some good times, and what good is it to spend time on the BB and talk about these things."  The constant reprimand from these folks is,"get on with your life."  
   What do they mean by this?  Ignore the past in my life and those that shared that time with me in the Assembly?  How about:  "Don't be negative and instead learn to look on the sunny side of life?"  Maybe Jeff tried this and without facing the deeper questions we ask here was drawn back to the huge hole the demise of the Assembly left in his life.
   Yes, there was a hole in my life when I first left and I felt empty and insignificant; my life seemed to have no purpose.  I had great fear and anxiety that I had actually left God and His purpose, and had lost everything.  When I visited a church I would look down my nose at those gathered there, because they seemed so "unspiritual."  It was a strange mix to have a feeling of failure mixed with a feeling of pride at the same time!
   That was a dangerous time for me as I could have just decided to "meet at home" and not face my contradictory state of being.  
   As I started to try to understand if my fears and anxieties were correct, and that if GG's teaching was correct, I discovered that the strange mix I described above was really related.  When I understood the grace of God, and that my life with Him is gift based I could see and face how arrogant I was in my attitude toward others.
   Performance messages like GG's are more than just bad teaching they wrap themselves around one's whole psyche and twist the soul into a warped image of what God desires in us.  The combination of teaching and Assembly culture created a very formative environment that literally warped our humanity! Cry
 The front and center example for us in the Bible of this is the Jewish religious leaders of Jesus' time.  Jesus biggest battle was against this Pharisaical mind set that separated sinners from the love of God.  They were so twisted they used the name of God and scripture to reject the Messiah himself!  They were sure of their righteousness and when Jesus tried to get them to honestly look at themselves they got angry and called Him names, and eventually sought his death.  All this BB is is an attempt to honestly look at ourselves and our experiences in the Assembly and discover the truth of the Grace of God in the process.
  Dave mentioned that the church faces much bigger problems than the possibility of the Assembly rebuilding, such as Modernism, etc. but it is this subtle enemy of Phariseeism that can find a special niche in the Evangelical church that has always been a danger to the Gospel.
   There are three Valley leading Bros. who have had quite an influence on a church there.  The Pastor had a taped message available on the web that sounded like something straight from an Assembly meeting!   This Pastor has been defending these bros. and refuses to educate himself as to the origins of his new members, though some of us have taken great pains to reach him.  He accepts the testimony of these Bros. that the Assembly was just a regular church that split due to a fallen leader.
   "Don't harbor bitterness toward these Bros. and let them live their lives", some may say, but how can we justify silence when we are told to actively resist this kind of evil?!  Why not the other evils facing the church?  Because we are especially fit for this job and it is clearly an area that we understand.  Paul withstood Peter to his face and would not give in to his critics from Jerusalem because without the teaching and practices of grace we can become like Jeff:  A twisted soul in bondage to a false holiness message and the arrogant false spirituality that is it's result!! Cry
  Grace needs to have truth to be effective in our hearts and this is not just Biblical truth, but honesty regarding what we were for those many years we were in the Assembly.  Without this we will only fall victim to the former patterns of thinking and behaving.  There is one word for this in the Bible "repent" and without it former Assembly members are in a very dangerous place indeed!
                                            God Bless,  Mark C.
areyougettingit

Email
« Reply #55 on: March 08, 2004, 02:25:43 am »

Just a few observations re Jeff Lehmkuhl’s letter:

>“I failed to stand firm for God’s interests in the gathering here in SLO”

Ok, so you admit you failed. That’s nice. So… we just need to ask the question - do I want to follow a man of failures?

>”that He had raised up and which He certainly had no intention of destroying.  He did not destroy this gathering.  Men did”

So, God raised up the Assembly, well maybe. But I think it was more like GG. You see, the first distinction we need to make is that GG is not God. Most of us by now figured that is the case, but we were all blind to see it for the many years we spent in the Assembly.

>”I realize now, that as a leader, I did not do all that I could do to stop this from happening.  Our God is a God of restoration and gathering”

Well, this is one way of putting it. I believe what you should have put is you did do all what you could, but this was all you could do. Your plan did not work, because God wanted to make sure brainwashing schools are closed for the season. Look no further Jeff, if our God is a God of restoration, He already restored things in SLO this past year and made you a humble servant in one of His healthy churches. Just be thankful for that and do not selfishly desire more. That job was well done. As for the rest of us we should be patient and just wait for God to restore our souls' scars.

>”Any and all of these things were sinful and wrong.  This was done in a variety of ways some of which included: stepping out of leadership, allowing the Tr0ckmans and my brother-in-law access into and influence in the gathering that they never should have had.  This led some of you to believe that it was okay to listen to what they had to say and to put confidence in them when they ultimately demonstrated that they were only committed to destroying, dividing and abolishing the gathering.  Allowing Heidi Johnson to come and disrupt the worship of our Lord, a meeting that was just a horror to most of us, my family included.  This never should have happened.”

Never should have happened… Is this the latest open door policy? Or once again we confirm we are dealing with a CULT…

>”I read the articles on the web and let them affect me when the Lord’s word tell me that I have no business listening to gossip.”

So if the Lord told you not to listen to gossips, then why did you do it? Plus, why would you let everybody know that you listened to gossips, even if the Lord told you not to? Are you suggesting that you ignore God’s voice or you are saying that you hear it but disobey it? Not one is better than the other, my friend.

>”I should never have looked at any or it.  I believe that these things and more are totally contrary to scripture.  They should never have been allowed. For this I ask your forgiveness.”

Good leaders are ones that very rarely have to ask for forgiveness. They also do not really need to repent anything. They simply think first and act second. If after all it matters so much to you that people are forgiving you, okey. I just do not understand who your target is. Newcomers have no clue of you past deeds, thus they cannot forgive you. Old sisters and brothers do not give a .... for it. It is your mess, you need to clean it up.

>”Further, I ask your forgiveness for even bringing up these details just mentioned.”

Ok, this we forgive you for. It just helps us understand why we should not follow you.

>”I am sure that most, if not all of you, do not want to be reminded of such events.”

Let it be our discretion. For me, I do not mind getting your side of the story. Let us get it all! Are not we Christians marked as people who love to judge people anyways? Thanks for a good reason.

>”For me it is necessary because I don’t want to miss the lessons that the Lord has for me.”

My advice is to keep LISTENING and one day you may get it.

>”I conferred with no one and sought no one’s approval on this letter except my Lord though I knew that many if not most would not agree with me.  That can no longer determine me.  His Word and His Spirit must.  This is not to suggest that I don’t believe in the scriptural thought of “in the multitude of counselors, there is wisdom”.

So, the guy wants some credit. I think we should give it to him. Does it matter anyways? So he did it on his own, what’s wrong with that? Oh, we do not think he is capable of such thing… If we generalize the statement: ‘in the multitude of counselors, there is wisdom’ I have to agree, there could be wisdom, but who are you kiddin’ friend? Even if we wanted to nickname these bogus baloneys’ counselors there is no guarantee that they can come up with what is classified as a wisdom. Wisdom does not get created in a matter of minutes. It grows into wisdom throughout long years and decades of listening and observing.

>”I am so compelled to, by love, continue in His Word;”

We are all happy for you. Please, do. But remember, His Word, His Word, His Word.

>”not by guilt but by love because it is His character and His way of doing things.  To continue in His Word means just simply that; to continue in those things that He has shown me and those things that He is showing me.”

Now wait a minute. You must have missed lesson #1 from school. His Word never said to you to be part of a conspiracy to cover up sexual misconduct. That was not God, that is GG’s leadership. We encourage you to continue His Word, we are just not convinced that you hear His Word. Until then, keep listening.

>Finally, I do not mean to stir up any trouble for you.  That is the last thing I want to do.”

You do not? We are disappointed, Jeff. I would love to believe that that is the last thing you want to do. It would be nice, but I was not born yesterday. As for me, the last thing I want to do it to go to Heaven, I would think that you should try to aim for that goal yourself too.

>”Nor do I want to put any guilty upon you.”

Well, you made this mess, you should feel guilty, but thanks for worrying about us. Nice to see that you care.

>“You do no owe me anything.”

We know that.

>”You don’t even need to respond to this letter.”

Gee, thanks, but we feel compelled sometimes, too. Plus, we want to respond. We really do.

>”I am not writing it to evoke a response.  I prefer that my thoughts to you stay with you alone.”

Well, well, well. Jeff, when you open a can of worms and sign your name on a provocative letter like this, you cannot really expect from us not to offer guidance in your personal development. We may not be part of the multitude of counselors, but we are willing to offer help to you for free. No service required in exchange. We do not ask for your support, your assistance, your money or time. It is now up to you to use it to grow or not to use it and fall. If I were you, I would probably listen very carefully.

>”I must admit, I don’t enjoy being the subject of more gossip but if I must, I am willing to pay that price.  It matters no to me anymore.  If it does, then I really have learned nothing through all of this.”

Most of us endured a lot more while in Fellowship, it is nice to hear that a leader-to-be is willing to pay some of the price. The second part of the quote though does not make any sense to me. First, Jeff clearly states that it does not matter to him anymore, then he contradicts himself again and says if it does… well, you just said it does not. Why to leave the door open for doubts? You need to learn more about covering your behind. Just a friendly advice.

And this is for Brian:

>”there are far more dedicated folks than me who feel the same way, so kudos to them for fighting the good fight.”

Thanks for the kudos, and sign me up, too. Anybody wants to get my kudos?

Finally:

>Jeff's idea of disciplining is to brainwash a person into sacrificing themselves to further the cause of a cult, who's ultimate end is to meet the personal needs of the leaders.:”

This is a very well put statement of what has been happening. Someone please tell me what are we going to do about it?

areyougettingit
Eulaha L. Long

Email
« Reply #56 on: March 08, 2004, 02:58:05 am »

This may sound a little dorky, but how about us staging a good old-fashioned protest in front of the Lehmkuhl's house?  At least his neighbors will know just what kind of man he is, and may be discouraged from joining his family for worship (or any other Assembly meeting).  Plus, the local newspaper might investigate what's going on (someone might give them a call), and it might make the front headlines.  Just a suggestion....
areyougettingit

Email
« Reply #57 on: March 08, 2004, 06:15:28 am »

Eulaha,

There is nothing dorky about your idea. Actually, I am very pleased to read about it. Thanks for sharing it with us. You never know, once we start pulling together, we may accomplish the agenda sooner than we thought we could. I hope that it becomes one of the first steps we take as a group to get closure over decades of horror. It would be a very inexpensive way of putting the word out to the wide open. I suggest the protest just after the meeting started. (So that we know who else we need to make aware of things besides the neighbors and family members.)

I think that approaching the local newspaper would be possible even without the protest. I am sure Brent would be willing to supply them with some facts that gives goosebumps to the readers. Smaller news made bigger headlines in the past.

I recently watched Primetime Thursday and they had a report on the dark, secret polygamy society of the Church of Jesus Christ Latter-Day Saints. If you want to read what has caused such big news visit the Salt Lake Tribune at http://www.sltrib.com/2004/Jan/01242004/utah/utah.asp

This is a quote from there: "In a rare act of public defiance, a resident of this insulated community on Friday said he would ignore an order by polygamist leader Warren Jeffs that he vacate his house and leave his wife and children behind.
    Ross Chatwin also urged fellow residents and members of the Fundamentalist Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints to stand up to Jeffs, whom he described as a "Hitlerlike dictator."" Sounds familiar? I urge you to stand up to GG. Btw, do we know if GG is currently in the country?

areyougettingit  
editor
« Reply #58 on: March 08, 2004, 06:48:52 am »

Eulaha,

There is nothing dorky about your idea. Actually, I am very pleased to read about it. Thanks for sharing it with us. You never know, once we start pulling together, we may accomplish the agenda sooner than we thought we could. I hope that it becomes one of the first steps we take as a group to get closure over decades of horror. It would be a very inexpensive way of putting the word out to the wide open. I suggest the protest just after the meeting started. (So that we know who else we need to make aware of things besides the neighbors and family members.)

I think that approaching the local newspaper would be possible even without the protest. I am sure Brent would be willing to supply them with some facts that gives goosebumps to the readers. Smaller news made bigger headlines in the past.

I recently watched Primetime Thursday and they had a report on the dark, secret polygamy society of the Church of Jesus Christ Latter-Day Saints. If you want to read what has caused such big news visit the Salt Lake Tribune at http://www.sltrib.com/2004/Jan/01242004/utah/utah.asp

This is a quote from there: "In a rare act of public defiance, a resident of this insulated community on Friday said he would ignore an order by polygamist leader Warren Jeffs that he vacate his house and leave his wife and children behind.
    Ross Chatwin also urged fellow residents and members of the Fundamentalist Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints to stand up to Jeffs, whom he described as a "Hitlerlike dictator."" Sounds familiar? I urge you to stand up to GG. Btw, do we know if GG is currently in the country?

areyougettingit  

Go for it you guys.  However,  I have too much dignity to picket.  I won't be joining that one at all.

Brent
M2
« Reply #59 on: March 08, 2004, 09:43:39 am »

Someone please tell me what are we going to do about it?

areyougettingit

I suggest that you go ahead and do something about it and we will pray for you and support you in whatever way we possibly can.

Marcia
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7
  Print  

Jump to: