AssemblyBoard
May 05, 2024, 04:24:04 pm *
The board has been closed to new content. It is available as a searchable archive only. This information will remain available indefinitely.

I can be reached at brian@tucker.name

For a repository of informational articles and current information on The Assembly, see http://www.geftakysassembly.com

Home   Search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14]
  Print  
Author Topic: Can we see some stats brian?  (Read 85155 times)
Mark C.

Email
« Reply #195 on: November 29, 2003, 11:52:26 pm »

Dear Ben!!  Grin Grin Grin

I would also like to share a testimonial re. the benefits of allowing experts on stats and Old Test. quotations and what it has meant to me:

At first I thought it was only a juvenile attempt at attacking those on the BB (Brian called these kind of individuals "trolls"), but now I believe it is really Joe Sperling's straight man; provided as a means to give us the deep belly laughs we so desperately need from time to time!

I am here to testify that I and my lovely wife, Sindy, laughed so hard we were both brought to tears  Grin Grin.  This latest contribution of "Burt's" exceeds even his wonderful parody on, "Little Georgie And The Giant Hand", a wonderful night time story that I read to my grandchildren.

Rather than to dissuade "Golden" I think we should elevate him in the stats and give him a honorary top 10 poster spot and give him the title of, "Global Straight Man"! Wink  Grin

Thanks again "Burt" and "Golden" for making me laugh and providing me with another bed time story for the grandkids!
                                   God Bless,  Mark C.
editor
« Reply #196 on: November 30, 2003, 10:25:37 am »

Brent A. Tr0ckman 817
Arthur 574
vernecarty 454
jesusfreak -=Luke S=- 415
Retread Again 411
Mark C. 379
Marcia 368
Joe Sperling 343
Emily St 310
Tom Maddux 308

I couldn't resist.  Shocked  I wouldn't have banned dear golden if he had stuck to stats.  He was good at that, no one could post the stats like him.

Well, the top ten are still doing most of the posting here...I have one more now.

Brent
retread

Email
« Reply #197 on: November 30, 2003, 11:33:28 pm »

Brent A. Tr0ckman 817
Arthur 574
vernecarty 454
jesusfreak -=Luke S=- 415
Retread Again 411
Mark C. 379
Marcia 368
Joe Sperling 343
Emily St 310
Tom Maddux 308

I couldn't resist.  Shocked  I wouldn't have banned dear golden if he had stuck to stats.  He was good at that, no one could post the stats like him.

Well, the top ten are still doing most of the posting here...I have one more now.

Brent

You are correct.  No one could post the stats like golden, not even you Brent.  When golden posted the stats he even used to total up the number of posts by the top ten, but alas you have not Brent.  Your stats have proven to be inferior.  I have read golden's stats, and you Mr. Tr0ckman are no golden (and I am sure that you are very happy with this). Smiley
al Hartman

Email
« Reply #198 on: December 01, 2003, 11:27:32 am »

3 more posts and you'll be #9, Tom!
I have saved for you an extra set of the works of GG, complete with an unsigned copy of his Poetry 'Blue Heron'. Keep posting. You must get to #3 in order to qualify for this special mailing offer.

Verne, I hope you've been enlightened as how to write real poetry after reading your copy of Blue Heron.

Marcia

Marcia,
     Thank you for clarifying a long-time question for me:  Having only heard verbally of Blue Heron, but never seen a copy of it , i had thought that the title was Blue Hair On, and had something to do with elderly female retirees in Ft. Lauderdale.

al Wink

retread

Email
« Reply #199 on: December 09, 2003, 01:08:11 am »

Let it be known all ye BB posters, that I am willing to give up my position in the top ten to the highest bidder.

Well I guess that I must be part of "all ye BB posters", so when you say giving up your position in the top ten would this include trading your position in the top ten for another position in the top ten?  However, I don't know if I would be the highest bidder, but I am somewhere around 6'. Smiley
editor
« Reply #200 on: December 16, 2003, 08:49:19 pm »

Golden could have done this way better, but here goes....

October 2003 total hits 49652
September 2003 total hits 36804
August 2003 total hits 25314
July 2003 total hits 35546
June 2003 ---- 53921
May 2003 -------87929
April 2003 ------ 55061
March 2003 ------ 83222
February 2003 ------ 173674
January 2003 ----- 256731
December 2002 ----- 51999
November 2002 ------ 8930
October 2002 ---- 0

Grand total of hits:  1837364

Hits by the top ten, if they were responsible for 10 percent of the total hits=  183736.4, per year.  That means 503 hits per day by the top ten!  Do any of you click 500 times per day on this forum?  Of course, if the top ten were responsible for 90 percent of the hits it would mean 4530 clicks per day, on this forum, by the likes of Arthur, Verne, myself and others.  That's a full time job, probably more clicks than a mid-level government worker uses to fill out a welfare application!  Does anyone out there click 4530 times a day?

Also, one of the months we were only open for one day, October 31st.  And for a long period of time, guests were not allowed on the forum.....These are serious stats and demonstrate wide readership.

The stats clearly show that we have far more readers than posters,  but also that the top ten post more than the others....

I don't know why I did this, but it's kind of like end of the year accounting, totally pointless and boring, but everyone wants to see the bottom line.

Brent
« Last Edit: December 16, 2003, 08:54:38 pm by Brent A. Trockman » Logged
BeckyW

Email
« Reply #201 on: December 17, 2003, 11:37:39 pm »

I don't think they're completely boring. Stats do not tell you everything, though.  For instance, on one visit I may click just a few times: once, to see the latest ten posts, then again to print them out for Phill to read later, who may even pass them on to someone else.  That's only a few clicks for many reads.
On the next day's visit I may spend a bunch of clicks trying to find something I read a long time ago. (I know, Phill pointed out the search feature to me, too) Or, another time, I may be using any number of clicks and getting ready to even post, but the dog has to go for a walk or the oven timer goes off, etc.  Wasted clicks.
Last summer, I was printing out whole threads with just a click or two to take to the pool and read while the kids swam.
We first logged on back in Feb.  
Also, what happened to the "check if you want to be notified of responses" feature?
Merry Christmas.  I'm trying to say it as much as possible these days.
Becky

« Last Edit: December 17, 2003, 11:40:44 pm by the Wiesers » Logged
jesusfreak

Email
« Reply #202 on: December 26, 2003, 07:44:11 am »

I find it rather ironic that I am still included in the top ten posters.......since my last post prior to this one was almost a year ago......as a result, you might want to average down those hit counts for january and febuary as they were caused by the scripts I wrote to knock up my post count and not actual contributions to the site.

--
lucas
« Last Edit: December 26, 2003, 07:45:16 am by Lucas Sturnfield » Logged
editor
« Reply #203 on: December 26, 2003, 07:48:01 am »

I find it rather ironic that I am still included in the top ten posters.......since my last post prior to this one was almost a year ago......as a result, you might want to average down those hit counts for january and febuary as they were caused by the scripts I wrote to knock up my post count and not actual contributions to the site.

--
lucas

Yes, you are right.  Who can forget the last 100 of your posts that contained only the letter "B"?  The problem is that I don't know how to trim your stats, without deleting your account.

Brian may know how to do this, and he may just do it.   I do wish you would post on here more often though Lucas.

Brent
jesusfreak

Email
« Reply #204 on: December 26, 2003, 08:00:57 am »

Yes, you are right.  Who can forget the last 100 of your posts that contained only the letter "B"?  The problem is that I don't know how to trim your stats, without deleting your account.

Brian may know how to do this, and he may just do it.   I do wish you would post on here more often though Lucas.

Brent

admit it, it was funny (albeit caused by a typo in my code) Roll Eyes

as for posting, I will probably stick around here until the start of the next semester

Anyway, it is easy enough to go through and "fix" everything - my post count is tallied in the SQL database used by this forum.....that value is easy enough to change and should fix anything related to "total posts" and this board.  The hits would be a bit more tricky, with the most efficient solution most likely relating to averaging out the 2 months with those within a 6 month span.  IMO, "page hits" are useless indicators of how a site is doing, unless restrictions are used such as only counting hits from any given IP at most once in a half hour (this would allow for a more accurate picture of the "visitors" to the site rather than the number of pages loaded - which is what your current number is telling you).

w/e - I am sure Brian might have a more accurate solution.......if this really is a problem worth addressing

--
lucas
editor
« Reply #205 on: December 26, 2003, 05:58:03 pm »

Brent

admit it, it was funny (albeit caused by a typo in my code) Roll Eyes

as for posting, I will probably stick around here until the start of the next semester

OK, it was funny.  At the time it really tripped me out, because I recognized that you knew enough about all of this to really make trouble, had you wanted to.  I'm still kind of trippin on your calculator modifications that you mention in other threads.

We must play chess sometime!  I am going to be gone until Monday night, but let's try to hook up sometime in the next week for a game or two.

Brent
jesusfreak

Email
« Reply #206 on: December 27, 2003, 01:04:27 am »

OK, it was funny.  At the time it really tripped me out, because I recognized that you knew enough about all of this to really make trouble, had you wanted to.  I'm still kind of trippin on your calculator modifications that you mention in other threads.
Idle hands are the devil's workshop....... Lips sealed

We must play chess sometime!  I am going to be gone until Monday night, but let's try to hook up sometime in the next week for a game or two.

Sounds good. Whenever is good for you is truly best, as my plans are currently rather open  Wink

--
lucas
retread

Email
« Reply #207 on: December 28, 2003, 12:18:03 am »

--
lucas

We must not go messing around with the stats!  Golden included your posts in his/her stats, and if they are good enough for golden, they are good enough for me.  Afterall, who are we to even think of questioning golden.  Nobody could post the stats like golden, absolutely nobody.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14]
  Print  

Jump to: