AssemblyBoard
May 05, 2024, 09:00:39 pm *
The board has been closed to new content. It is available as a searchable archive only. This information will remain available indefinitely.

I can be reached at brian@tucker.name

For a repository of informational articles and current information on The Assembly, see http://www.geftakysassembly.com

Home   Search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14
  Print  
Author Topic: Can we see some stats brian?  (Read 85159 times)
brian

Email
« Reply #180 on: November 25, 2003, 01:30:34 pm »

golden: if you want to be a part of this community you will need to contribute more than potshots. the folks here have been handling this silliness very goodnaturedly (nods to joe and others) which is cool, but its gone on long enough. you have demonstrated repeatedly that you want to disrupt this community and that you have a very limited understanding about how bulletin boards work. if that is all you have to contribute, then you should go away. if you continue posting in this manner, i will suspend your account.

just to contribute my own little statistic, over a hundred people actually log into their account every month, and its not always the same >100. besides that, we have far more guests than registered visitors. people are very interested in what is being said here, and its clear this board is still serving a useful purpose. it is not yet the time or place for most people to connect and share publicly, because most people are not ready for that, but that dosen't mean this board is not helping people connect. private messages, email, phone calls...

and don't forget that 63% of statistics are made up on the spot.

brian
vernecarty
« Reply #181 on: November 25, 2003, 08:41:16 pm »

Well golden, I see that you posted your last post in five different places on this bb, and the one before that in two places.  Are you sure that you aren't just trying to blemish the integrity of the stats. Smiley

Retread
President of NAPS (National Association for the Purity of Stats)
NAPS grew as a natural outcome of this thread.

Hey, R.A.,
     You & i have something in common:  My organization also came into being as a direct result of this thread. Cheesy

al Hartman
CEO (Chief Ethics Ostrich)
SNAP (Statistological Nincompoops Attempting Psychology)

Al you really are a RIOT!
(Really Ingenious Old Timer!)  Grin

Verne
« Last Edit: November 25, 2003, 08:42:56 pm by vernecarty » Logged
retread

Email
« Reply #182 on: November 25, 2003, 09:52:06 pm »

golden: if you want to be a part of this community you will need to contribute more than potshots. the folks here have been handling this silliness very goodnaturedly (nods to joe and others) which is cool, but its gone on long enough. you have demonstrated repeatedly that you want to disrupt this community and that you have a very limited understanding about how bulletin boards work. if that is all you have to contribute, then you should go away. if you continue posting in this manner, i will suspend your account.

Although golden's posts and this thread have nothing much to do with the purpose of this bb, I don't feel that disrupted as long as golden sticks to this thread.  I actually find this thread somewhat enjoyable as it adds a bit of fun to my day (not necessarily what golden posts, but some of the responses definitely bring a chuckle - even when we don't make fun of golden).   You would have to admit that at least golden is consistent in his/her posts.  (now how many times did I read that same post?)

p.s. Whether I agree or I disagree with you golden, I still would like to hear what you have to say other than just posting stats over and over again.  I would hate to see you have to leave like this (and Harvey would miss you too Smiley).
golden2

Email
« Reply #183 on: November 25, 2003, 10:05:54 pm »

Brent A. Tr0ckman   813
Arthur   574
vernecarty   438
jesusfreak -=Luke S=-   415
Retread Again   403
Mark C.   373
Marcia   358
Joe Sperling   340
Emily St   310
al Hartman   298
Total Posts by top 10 = 4322
golden2

Email
« Reply #184 on: November 25, 2003, 10:06:46 pm »

Isaiah 29
20  For the terrible one is brought to nought, and the scorner is consumed, and all that watch for iniquity are cut off:
21  That make a man an offender for a word, and lay a snare for him that reproveth in the gate, and turn aside the just for a thing of nought.
22  Therefore thus saith the LORD, who redeemed Abraham, concerning the house of Jacob, Jacob shall not now be ashamed, neither shall his face now wax pale.
23  But when he seeth his children, the work of mine hands, in the midst of him, they shall sanctify my name, and sanctify the Holy One of Jacob, and shall fear the God of Israel.
24  They also that erred in spirit shall come to understanding, and they that murmured shall learn doctrine.

Joe Sperling

Email
« Reply #185 on: November 25, 2003, 10:08:14 pm »

I just wanted to say that I think it is wonderful that someone has used the advice in a book I recently read called: "Quote Isaiah 29". It is a very helpful book, in that it addresses life's problems, and gives REAL answers to REAL Inquiries. Take for instance Page 29, in chapter 1.

Maggie: "Mom, I just can't seem to talk to Dad. He just doesn't seem to listen. What should I do?"
Mom: "Quote Isaiah 29 dear, he's sure to listen then".
(according to the testimonial the father did indeed listen after Isaiah 29 was quoted!!).

Or this testimonial from a man in Des Moines Iowa, who had bad credit and couldn't get a home loan:
"I went to the loan office after reading your book and walked right up to the loan officer and quoted Isaiah 29. Shortly thereafter I got the loan!!!"--Bob Brandish

Or, how about the entry in chapter 3 "Winning Arguments" :

"My wife and I always argue about who is going to do the dishes. Well, after reading your book I simply quoted Isaiah 29 and lo and behold, guess who wound up doing the dishes? Your book really works!!
--Dan kendrick, Seattle, Wa.

The book is available at any Christian book store. The author's name is Burt O'Leary. Look for "Quoting Isaiah 29" in the same section as "Quoting Isaiah 28", last years blockbuster seller.

Thanks, Joe
golden2

Email
« Reply #186 on: November 25, 2003, 10:10:42 pm »

Isaiah 29
20  For the terrible one is brought to nought, and the scorner is consumed, and all that watch for iniquity are cut off:
21  That make a man an offender for a word, and lay a snare for him that reproveth in the gate, and turn aside the just for a thing of nought.
22  Therefore thus saith the LORD, who redeemed Abraham, concerning the house of Jacob, Jacob shall not now be ashamed, neither shall his face now wax pale.
23  But when he seeth his children, the work of mine hands, in the midst of him, they shall sanctify my name, and sanctify the Holy One of Jacob, and shall fear the God of Israel.
24  They also that erred in spirit shall come to understanding, and they that murmured shall learn doctrine.
retread

Email
« Reply #187 on: November 25, 2003, 10:38:46 pm »

Although golden's posts and this thread have nothing much to do with the purpose of this bb, I don't feel that disrupted as long as golden sticks to this thread.  I actually find this thread somewhat enjoyable as it adds a bit of fun to my day (not necessarily what golden posts, but some of the responses definitely bring a chuckle - even when we don't make fun of golden).   You would have to admit that at least golden is consistent in his/her posts.  (now how many times did I read that same post?)

p.s. Whether I agree or I disagree with you golden, I still would like to hear what you have to say other than just posting stats over and over again.  I would hate to see you have to leave like this (and Harvey would miss you too Smiley).

Okay, now golden is beginning to annoy me. Angry
retread

Email
« Reply #188 on: November 25, 2003, 10:43:23 pm »

I just wanted to say that I think it is wonderful that someone has used the advice in a book I recently read called: "Quote Isaiah 29". It is a very helpful book, in that it addresses life's problems, and gives REAL answers to REAL Inquiries. Take for instance Page 29, in chapter 1.

Maggie: "Mom, I just can't seem to talk to Dad. He just doesn't seem to listen. What should I do?"
Mom: "Quote Isaiah 29 dear, he's sure to listen then".
(according to the testimonial the father did indeed listen after Isaiah 29 was quoted!!).

Or this testimonial from a man in Des Moines Iowa, who had bad credit and couldn't get a home loan:
"I went to the loan office after reading your book and walked right up to the loan officer and quoted Isaiah 29. Shortly thereafter I got the loan!!!"--Bob Brandish

Or, how about the entry in chapter 3 "Winning Arguments" :

"My wife and I always argue about who is going to do the dishes. Well, after reading your book I simply quoted Isaiah 29 and lo and behold, guess who wound up doing the dishes? Your book really works!!
--Dan kendrick, Seattle, Wa.

The book is available at any Christian book store. The author's name is Burt O'Leary. Look for "Quoting Isaiah 29" in the same section as "Quoting Isaiah 28", last years blockbuster seller.

Thanks, Joe

Joe,

Thanks for that last post.  It was just the antidote that was needed for that last dose of golden. You do have an amazing mind. I am now smiling again. Smiley
Oscar

Email
« Reply #189 on: November 25, 2003, 10:46:59 pm »

Hi all,

There has never been a one person argument.  You folks are keeping "Golden" going by answering its posts.

I say "it" because adjectives have no gender.

God bless,
Thomas Maddux
retread

Email
« Reply #190 on: November 25, 2003, 11:01:15 pm »

Brent A. Tr0ckman   813
Arthur   574
vernecarty   438
jesusfreak -=Luke S=-   415
Retread Again   403
Mark C.   373
Marcia   358
Joe Sperling   340
Emily St   310
al Hartman   298
Total Posts by top 10 = 4322

Golden2,

You must realize that by posting with two different names you have corrupted the fidelity of the stats.

Retread
President of NAPS (National Association for the Purity of Stats)
NAPS grew as a natural outcome of this thread.
retread

Email
« Reply #191 on: November 25, 2003, 11:05:00 pm »

Hi all,

There has never been a one person argument.  You folks are keeping "Golden" going by answering its posts.

God bless,
Thomas Maddux

The problem here is that some of us here are lacking in the required self control that you have, and just want to have a bit of fun.  Smiley
vernecarty
« Reply #192 on: November 26, 2003, 12:02:18 am »

Hi all,

God bless,
Thomas Maddux

Since adjectives have not gender
Does that mean that we ought to surrender?
To a silly old hue
Whose obtuse point of view
Clearly marks it as fraud and pretender!
Verne Frost  Grin
« Last Edit: November 26, 2003, 12:04:03 am by vernecarty » Logged
Joe Sperling

Email
« Reply #193 on: November 26, 2003, 01:48:01 am »

Hello Friends,

Burt O'Leary here, and I wanted to say that the response to my new book "Quote Isaiah 29" has been staggering to say the least. Little did I know after starting the book( I got the idea while writing my last book "Quote Isaiah 28") that it would have such a major effect upon people's lives. Listen to some of the testimonials:

"Burt---Thanks so much. I always had trouble getting a seat on the bus. People would crowd in in front of me and I always wound up standing. But then I took your advice from Chapter 2 of the book and followed your instructions, and the results were amazing!! I got that "wild-eyed look" you mentioned, and began waving my  arms and quoting Isaiah 29 loudly. I had a seat within seconds. It truly was a miracle!!!"
----Edith Salisbury, Albuquerque, NM

"It was unbelieveable!! The line at the grocery store is always so long, and I don't really have the time to wait.  I read your book and figured it was worth a shot. I began quoting Isaiah 29 loudly and pointing my fingers as you suggested in the book, and people literally moved out of the way and let me to the front within moments!! The cashier processed my order so quickly I was dumbfounded!!! Thanks Burt!!!"
---Ben Friedman, Missoula, MT.

"My children always have a problem going to bed when I want them to. I literally have to beg them. Then I read "Quote Isaiah 29" and things dramatically changed!! Around 9:00 P.M. I stand up and begin quoting Isaiah 29 in a high pitched voice with increasing volume, and believe me, the kids are in their rooms before you can say Peter Piper. Thanks again Burt."
----Peggy Freelander, Oshkosh, WI

"I like to visit Bulletin Boards and post statistics regarding that board, like who the top ten posters are and such, but after reading your book it gave me something different to post for once. Thanks Burt."
--anonymous bulletin board poster

Yes friends, more and more testimonials just like this one are received daily. Do you need something different in your life? Do you want to see people really pay attention when you have something to say? Then buy a copy of "Quote Isaiah 29" today!! I guarantee it will work for you or my name's not Burt O'Leary!!

---Burt
« Last Edit: November 26, 2003, 02:08:10 am by Joe Sperling » Logged
Oscar

Email
« Reply #194 on: November 29, 2003, 11:21:52 pm »

Hallelujah!   Hallelujah!   Hallelujah!  Hallelujah!

I'm back in the top ten!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's what REALLY matters....that's what life is REALLY  all about...isn't it?

Tom
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14
  Print  

Jump to: