AssemblyBoard
May 18, 2024, 07:54:36 pm *
The board has been closed to new content. It is available as a searchable archive only. This information will remain available indefinitely.

I can be reached at brian@tucker.name

For a repository of informational articles and current information on The Assembly, see http://www.geftakysassembly.com

Home   Search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14
  Print  
Author Topic: Can we see some stats brian?  (Read 85277 times)
M2
« Reply #165 on: November 24, 2003, 09:11:35 am »

Sorry Verne, but that would be a clear violation of paragraph 2, line 3 of the rules.  And if you do this you will already have your reward (and what a wondrous book collection it is).  My only suggestion to you is to quickly get to number 2.  Fortunately for you, it appears that you now have a bit of extra time as we are having difficulty putting together the complete collection due to a shortage in inventory rumored to have been caused by recent book burnings.
Which ones are missing from the collection. We might be able to send the missing ones SOON.

Marcia
editor
« Reply #166 on: November 24, 2003, 09:14:20 am »

Sorry Verne, but that would be a clear violation of paragraph 2, line 3 of the rules.  And if you do this you will already have your reward (and what a wondrous book collection it is).  My only suggestion to you is to quickly get to number 2.  Fortunately for you, it appears that you now have a bit of extra time as we are having difficulty putting together the complete collection due to a shortage in inventory rumored to have been caused by recent book burnings.
Which ones are missing from the collection. We might be able to send the missing ones SOON.

Marcia

Just give Verne the books already!  If he hadn't deleted so many of his posts, he would be number two!
M2
« Reply #167 on: November 24, 2003, 09:19:57 am »

Marcia

Just give Verne the books already!  If he hadn't deleted so many of his posts, he would be number two!

He does deserve to have more than one copy of each book. We still have a stash of some of them as my husband does the booktable. Good thing we haven't burnt them yet. Verne email me your mailing address. Smiley

Marcia
vernecarty
« Reply #168 on: November 24, 2003, 09:22:18 am »

Marcia

He does deserve to have more than one copy of each book. We still have a stash of some of them as my husband does the booktable. Good thing we haven't burnt them yet. Verne email me your mailing address. Smiley

Marcia

I'm leaving the country...I mean it!  Grin
Verne
« Last Edit: November 24, 2003, 09:25:03 am by vernecarty » Logged
retread

Email
« Reply #169 on: November 24, 2003, 10:33:46 am »

What's the hurry?   Grin  Grin  Grin
Verne

And likewise to you Verne, what's your hurry?   Grin  Grin  Grin
al Hartman

Email
« Reply #170 on: November 24, 2003, 05:37:30 pm »

In view of the title of this thread, will someone please post the number of books still left uncirculated, by title and location. Wink
golden

Email
« Reply #171 on: November 24, 2003, 06:28:34 pm »

Brent A. Tr0ckman   812
Arthur   574
vernecarty   429
jesusfreak -=Luke S=-   415
Retread Again   400
Mark C.   373
Marcia   354
Joe Sperling   340
Emily St   310
al Hartman   296
al Harman   296
Kimberly Tobin   291
David Mauldin   271
Greg Tobin   258
FREEBIRD (Garth)   236
Total Top 15 = 5655

« Last Edit: November 24, 2003, 10:33:22 pm by golden » Logged
golden

Email
« Reply #172 on: November 24, 2003, 11:00:03 pm »

Isaiah 29
20   For the terrible one is brought to nought, and the scorner is consumed, and all that watch for iniquity are cut off:
21   That make a man an offender for a word, and lay a snare for him that reproveth in the gate, and turn aside the just for a thing of nought.
22   Therefore thus saith the LORD, who redeemed Abraham, concerning the house of Jacob, Jacob shall not now be ashamed, neither shall his face now wax pale.
23   But when he seeth his children, the work of mine hands, in the midst of him, they shall sanctify my name, and sanctify the Holy One of Jacob, and shall fear the God of Israel.
24   They also that erred in spirit shall come to understanding, and they that murmured shall learn doctrine.
retread

Email
« Reply #173 on: November 24, 2003, 11:10:22 pm »

Well golden, I see that you posted your last post in five different places on this bb, and the one before that in two places.  Are you sure that you aren't just trying to blemish the integrity of the stats. Smiley

Retread
President of NAPS (National Association for the Purity of Stats)
NAPS grew as a natural outcome of this thread.

« Last Edit: November 24, 2003, 11:20:43 pm by Retread Again » Logged
vernecarty
« Reply #174 on: November 24, 2003, 11:24:33 pm »

Well golden, I see that you posted your last post in five different places on this bb, and the one before that in two places.  Are you sure that you aren't just trying to blemish the integrity of the stats. Smiley

Retread

Actually. this aberrant behaviour is designed to annoy Brian into warning goldie to either observe the same modicum of reasonableness as others or else have his account summarily suspended. This of course will enable goldie to go crying to his/her mommy about how unfair and biased the BB community is...i.e. it does not allow him to behave in a way that no one else does. I wondered how long it would take...remember Matt?     Grin
Verne
« Last Edit: November 24, 2003, 11:29:39 pm by vernecarty » Logged
golden

Email
« Reply #175 on: November 25, 2003, 12:09:49 am »

saiah 29
20  For the terrible one is brought to nought, and the scorner is consumed, and all that watch for iniquity are cut off:
21  That make a man an offender for a word, and lay a snare for him that reproveth in the gate, and turn aside the just for a thing of nought.
22  Therefore thus saith the LORD, who redeemed Abraham, concerning the house of Jacob, Jacob shall not now be ashamed, neither shall his face now wax pale.
23  But when he seeth his children, the work of mine hands, in the midst of him, they shall sanctify my name, and sanctify the Holy One of Jacob, and shall fear the God of Israel.
24  They also that erred in spirit shall come to understanding, and they that murmured shall learn doctrine.
retread

Email
« Reply #176 on: November 25, 2003, 12:46:19 am »

Retread

Actually. this aberrant behaviour is designed to annoy Brian into warning goldie to either observe the same modicum of reasonableness as others or else have his account summarily suspended. This of course will enable goldie to go crying to his/her mommy about how unfair and biased the BB community is...i.e. it does not allow him to behave in a way that no one else does. I wondered how long it would take...remember Matt?     Grin
Verne

Well, golden did it again.  Perhaps it's just short term memory loss, and he/she can't remember what he/she has already posted. Smiley
vernecarty
« Reply #177 on: November 25, 2003, 01:10:48 am »

Well my yellow friend, your contribution here hardly qualifies as indispensable...I would be careful... Grin
Verne
al Hartman

Email
« Reply #178 on: November 25, 2003, 08:31:32 am »

Retread

Hey, R.A.,
     You & i have something in common:  My organization also came into being as a direct result of this thread. Cheesy

al Hartman
CEO (Chief Ethics Ostrich)
SNAP (Statistological Nincompoops Attempting Psychology)

sfortescue

Email
« Reply #179 on: November 25, 2003, 09:33:27 am »

Isaiah 29:18-21
And in that day shall the deaf hear the words of the book, and the eyes of the blind shall see out of obscurity, and out of darkness.  The meek also shall increase their joy in the LORD, and the poor among men shall rejoice in the Holy One of Israel.  For the terrible one is brought to nought, and the scorner is consumed, and all that watch for iniquity are cut off: That make a man an offender for a word, and lay a snare for him that reproveth in the gate, and turn aside the just for a thing of nought.

Jesus quotes Isaiah 29:13, which is only a few verses earlier and is in the context of golden's quote showing that it is talking about the Pharisees.

Matthew 15:7-14
Ye hypocrites, well did Esaias prophesy of you, saying, This people draweth nigh unto me with their mouth, and honoureth me with their lips; but their heart is far from me.  But in vain they do worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men.  And he called the multitude, and said unto them, Hear, and understand: Not that which goeth into the mouth defileth a man; but that which cometh out of the mouth, this defileth a man.  Then came his disciples, and said unto him, Knowest thou that the Pharisees were offended, after they heard this saying?  But he answered and said, Every plant, which my heavenly Father hath not planted, shall be rooted up.  Let them alone: they be blind leaders of the blind.  And if the blind lead the blind, both shall fall into the ditch.

In Acts 23, did the Lord express disapproval of the way Paul accidentally used strong language against the high priest?

Acts 23:1-5
And Paul, earnestly beholding the council, said, Men and brethren, I have lived in all good conscience before God until this day.  And the high priest Ananias commanded them that stood by him to smite him on the mouth.  Then said Paul unto him, God shall smite thee, thou whited wall: for sittest thou to judge me after the law, and commandest me to be smitten contrary to the law?  And they that stood by said, Revilest thou God's high priest?  Then said Paul, I wist not, brethren, that he was the high priest: for it is written, Thou shalt not speak evil of the ruler of thy people.

Acts 23:11
And the night following the Lord stood by him, and said, Be of good cheer, Paul: for as thou hast testified of me in Jerusalem, so must thou bear witness also at Rome.

This sure doesn't look like disapproval from the Lord, and Paul certainly knew, at least, that he was addressing leaders of the Jews.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14
  Print  

Jump to: