AssemblyBoard
May 05, 2024, 09:52:11 pm *
The board has been closed to new content. It is available as a searchable archive only. This information will remain available indefinitely.

I can be reached at brian@tucker.name

For a repository of informational articles and current information on The Assembly, see http://www.geftakysassembly.com

Home   Search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 14
  Print  
Author Topic: Can we see some stats brian?  (Read 85160 times)
vernecarty
« Reply #15 on: November 06, 2003, 04:05:16 am »

Yes Scott, this board is as unbalanced as CNN and the New York Times.  In the true essence of this board, you immediately stoop to bashing a poster who doesn't agree with most of what is posted.

Actual posting numbers are:
Brent A. Tr0ckman 749
Arthur 573
jesusfreak -=Luke S=- 415
Niaga Daerter 368
vernecarty 358
Mark C. 358
Marcia 315
Emily St 310
Joe Sperling 305
Tom Maddux 279

Ooops! I've made it to the top ten again. It's time to delete user and start all over again. I hate being in the top ten. Smiley

Name:  golden
Position:  Just warming up...
Attitude:  +0/-7  
Date Registered:  August 06, 2003, 04:47:50 pm

Golden,

The stats indicate that you have posted 11 times since Aug 6th. You have a lot of catching up to do. Hopefully you will use your posts to dialogue rather than post jabs and stats.

My post count has just increased by 1.

Lord bless,
Marcia

P.S.
You make it sound like an accusation to be unbalanced.
The Lord Jesus said that He came to only do the will of the Father (John 5:19).
M

And there I am in the "moderate middle"! See? I am not at all the  extremist some would have ya'll beleive now am I?  Grin
Verne
How about a moderate extremist perhaps?  And there is nothing wrong with being an extremist when you are right. Smiley  If you want to follow the truth, then sticking "extremely" close to the truth would appear to be a good place to start. If you want to be faithful, then extremely faithful would be the only way to go, anything less is well, just not faithful.  I for one appreciate you my "extremely" faithful brother.

Bless your heart!  Smiley Smiley Smiley

Well let's see golden, you were the first one to respond to your original message on this thread, and it only took you about 8 minutes.  Are you sure that you don't really love this bb? Smiley

He did himself one better...looks like a scant forty-six seconds to me... Smiley
Verne
« Last Edit: November 06, 2003, 04:11:15 am by vernecarty » Logged
Kimberley Tobin
« Reply #16 on: November 06, 2003, 05:53:41 am »

no surprise on who would respond to this.

I wasn't listed on your "list of posters", is it a surprise that I respond to you, Golden?HuhHuh?

If you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen.  
golden

Email
« Reply #17 on: November 07, 2003, 12:57:58 am »

Brent A. Tr0ckman   759
Arthur   573
jesusfreak -=Luke S=-   415
Retread Again   370
vernecarty   363
Mark C.   358
Marcia   319
Emily St   310
Joe Sperling   305
Tom Maddux   281

Total Posts for top 10 = 4053
Total Posts since board started =10105

or 40% of all posts.
Joe Sperling

Email
« Reply #18 on: November 07, 2003, 02:13:51 am »

Oh holy hell. How did I wind up number 9 on a top ten list?? And they say I have posted 305 times too. I always wind up on some stupid list. People like golden are so blessed because they only post a few times, and then they can come back later and lay into people like me for posting more.

Oh horse manure!!!! Now it's 306. If I could have just held back for a while. Just for a stinking day or two, I'd be number 11 and wouldn't have to face the horrible derision faced by people on a list of the top 10 posters. Number 9!!! Number 9!!!! God curse the day I discovered bulletin boards and got hooked on voicing my opinions. Oh dear God how can I live now after golden has exposed and derided me for my horrible posting weakness?? Give me the strength to become number 11 or below!!! I can't even look myself in the mirror!!! In the name of all that is sacred help me PLEASE!!!!!!

--Joe

« Last Edit: November 07, 2003, 02:16:49 am by Joe Sperling » Logged
editor
« Reply #19 on: November 07, 2003, 02:23:46 am »

Brent A. Tr0ckman   759
Arthur   573
Retread Again   370
vernecarty   363
Mark C.   358
Marcia   319
Emily St   310
Joe Sperling   305
Tom Maddux   281

or 40% of all posts.

golden, you are even smarter today than yesterday!

How did you figure out that the top ten produced 40% of the posts?  I don't even know what to think.  Did you need a calculator?

What are we to think of all this?  Is it because the top ten post more than others, or is it because the bottom 90 post less?  

I feel like the wind has been taken out of my sails.  What does all this mean?  Am I posting more than everyone else, or are they just posting less than me?

Should I hide the stats, so I can't be shown to be the number one poster?

I am so embarrassed!  Embarrassed
vernecarty
« Reply #20 on: November 07, 2003, 03:18:11 am »

Oh holy hell. How did I wind up number 9 on a top ten list?? And they say I have posted 305 times too. I always wind up on some stupid list. People like golden are so blessed because they only post a few times, and then they can come back later and lay into people like me for posting more.

Oh horse manure!!!! Now it's 306. If I could have just held back for a while. Just for a stinking day or two, I'd be number 11 and wouldn't have to face the horrible derision faced by people on a list of the top 10 posters. Number 9!!! Number 9!!!! God curse the day I discovered bulletin boards and got hooked on voicing my opinions. Oh dear God how can I live now after golden has exposed and derided me for my horrible posting weakness?? Give me the strength to become number 11 or below!!! I can't even look myself in the mirror!!! In the name of all that is sacred help me PLEASE!!!!!!

--Joe

There! There! Don't you let that bother you sonny...
It just might embolden
That silly old golden... Grin
enchilada
« Reply #21 on: November 07, 2003, 03:33:20 am »

Brent A. Tr0ckman   759
Arthur   573
Retread Again   370
vernecarty   363
Mark C.   358
Marcia   319
Emily St   310
Joe Sperling   305
Tom Maddux   281

or 40% of all posts.

Total posts since board started=9945
Total number of users = 409
Average number of posts per user=9945/409=24.3 posts per user

Number of posts by golden so far=22

Congratulations, golden. Just a few more posts and you will have achieved "average" post status.

I recommend that the prize of a free spinal exam be awarded to those who achieve this special status.

retread

Email
« Reply #22 on: November 07, 2003, 05:28:11 am »

Brent A. Tr0ckman   759
Arthur   573
jesusfreak -=Luke S=-   415
Retread Again   370
vernecarty   363
Mark C.   358
Marcia   319
Emily St   310
Joe Sperling   305
Tom Maddux   281

or 40% of all posts.

Congratulations, golden. Just a few more posts and you will have achieved "average" post status.

I recommend that the prize of a free spinal exam be awarded to those who achieve this special status.

So I wonder what golden deduces from these stats?  What about the remaining 399 users, perhaps they all disagree with the top 10 posters? It must be true! Perhaps they actually like carob and don't drink their coffee with the same orifice as the top 10?  Oh, this is all so confusing.  Perhaps golden is in "Bizarro World" and expects that the bottom 10 posters of the 409 should be posting 40% of the posts.  I am so confused.  Why don't I understand?

Huh Huh Huh
« Last Edit: November 07, 2003, 05:29:20 am by Retread Again » Logged
Joe Sperling

Email
« Reply #23 on: November 07, 2003, 06:43:05 am »

Iwanted to apologize for my earlier post. I said "oh holy hell" which is a very bitter thing to say. I said I should have waited one or two "stinking" days--this was far from moderate.

I apologize.  

I'm up to 307 now, right? Grin
Scott McCumber

Email
« Reply #24 on: November 07, 2003, 07:04:36 am »

Iwanted to apologize for my earlier post. I said "oh holy hell" which is a very bitter thing to say. I said I should have waited one or two "stinking" days--this was far from moderate.

I apologize.  

Ah, brother, I'm glad you humbled yourself and apologized. I was really offended. *struggles to keep face straight*

In fact I'd like to meet alone with you between pre-prayer and the meeting. Of course by "alone" I mean with Verne, Brent, Tom and Retread/Niaga.

Perhaps you should consider sitting in the back Sunday morning. I'll dispatch one of the dork eepers to smack your hand if you reach for the wine! Grin

Scott (164 and counting - how'd I get so far behind?)
« Last Edit: November 07, 2003, 07:09:09 am by Scott McCumber » Logged
Tony

Email
« Reply #25 on: November 07, 2003, 09:30:51 am »

I apologize.  

I must inform you that you are a Carnal Poster!All of the posters who are above you have been informed and they are talking amongst themselves.   You have taken a wrong turn away from the path of Over Poster!

You can get back on the proper path very easily.  First, you will need to reboot your computer immediately!   And while you're at it, why don't you wipe off that filthy screen, put some of those disks away and throw away all of your PC manuals.   We'll be meeting with you...did I say we, I mean "just" Brent,  will be meeting with you shortly to give you good posting advice and "encouragement."

Let me take a moment now to "encourage" you.   Now, Joe, don't blame this on your keyboard.   There is nothing wrong with your keyboard.   You are only missing  the X and F key.   I knew a poster once, a dear BBS brother, who only had one vowel on his keyboard.  He once wrote to me and told me that "he preys fer me eften!"   One day you may receive a wireless one like all of the over posters!

I'd tell you not to post for awhile but I'm afraid that I'd be punishing others and myself.

God Bless ya,    Tony Edwards
vernecarty
« Reply #26 on: November 07, 2003, 09:07:31 pm »

Brent A. Tr0ckman   759
Arthur   573
Retread Again   370
vernecarty   363
Mark C.   358
Marcia   319
Emily St   310
Joe Sperling   305
Tom Maddux   281

or 40% of all posts.

Brilliant!  Grin
golden

Email
« Reply #27 on: November 07, 2003, 09:45:09 pm »

Brent A. Tr0ckman 761
Arthur 573
jesusfreak -=Luke S=- 415
Retread Again 371
vernecarty 368
Mark C. 359
Marcia 320
Emily St 310
Joe Sperling 307
Tom Maddux 282

Top ten posted 4066 posts out of 10127 total posts. There are a total of 409 users, thus the remaining 399 users on this site would average only 15.19 posts per users.
d3z

Email
« Reply #28 on: November 07, 2003, 09:51:55 pm »

Top ten posted 4066 posts out of 10127 total posts. There are a total of 409 users, thus the remaining 399 users on this site would average only 15.19 posts per users.

If you think this is unusual in any way, I would just guess that you haven't spent much time on other BBs, newsgroups, or mailing lists.  All lists are dominated by a smaller number of people talking.

Put 100 people in a room and try to have a discussion on a topic.  Again, a small number of people will do most of the talking.

It has nothing to do with the topic, bias or anything, it is just human dynamics.

Your list of top posters is interesting, but has nothing to do with bias or any such thing.  If these people didn't post, there would be very little traffic at all on the list.
golden

Email
« Reply #29 on: November 07, 2003, 11:25:08 pm »

That is what the stat's say. Very few people doing a majority of the talking. Not one of them disagrees with the other.

As to your last sentence,  "If these people didn't post, there would be very little traffic at all on the list."  

Good observation!.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 14
  Print  

Jump to: