AssemblyBoard
May 05, 2024, 07:10:19 pm *
The board has been closed to new content. It is available as a searchable archive only. This information will remain available indefinitely.

I can be reached at brian@tucker.name

For a repository of informational articles and current information on The Assembly, see http://www.geftakysassembly.com

Home   Search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 14
  Print  
Author Topic: Can we see some stats brian?  (Read 85158 times)
golden

Email
« on: November 05, 2003, 08:57:21 pm »

It would be interesting to see who the top posters are and rank them by number of posts.  Can we see this?
« Last Edit: November 17, 2003, 09:40:47 pm by golden » Logged
golden

Email
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2003, 09:05:10 pm »

For Example, from a quick check...I see that
1) Brent has 749 posts
2) Verne has 358 posts
3) Marci 315
4) Joe 305
5) Tom 277

It appears that this is not an open forum....really, it is a few people posting a majority of the time with their opinions....ever strenthening eachother.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2003, 09:38:09 pm by golden » Logged
Scott McCumber

Email
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2003, 09:45:24 pm »

Golden,

Your logic is impeccable and backed up by irrefutable evidence!

Your intelligence in deciphering this is now on display for all to see.

Scott McCumber

"It is better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool, than to open it and remove all doubt." - Mark Twain (paraphrased)
« Last Edit: November 05, 2003, 09:46:23 pm by Scott McCumber » Logged
golden

Email
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2003, 09:48:00 pm »

Yes Scott, this board is as unbalanced as CNN and the New York Times.  In the true essence of this board, you immediately stoop to bashing a poster who doesn't agree with most of what is posted.

Actual posting numbers are:
Brent A. Tr0ckman 749
Arthur 573
jesusfreak -=Luke S=- 415
Niaga Daerter 368
vernecarty 358
Mark C. 358
Marcia 315
Emily St 310
Joe Sperling 305
Tom Maddux 279
Uh Oh

Email
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2003, 10:09:48 pm »

O. K. Golden...what then are your true thoughts?
Scott McCumber

Email
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2003, 10:15:59 pm »

Golden,

Actually, I was bashing the logic you used to come to your conclusion.

What gets old is some anonymous poster jumping on, making some goofy statement about how wretched this board is, not backing it up with any type of logical or scriptural argument and then crying when his ridiculous statements get "bashed."

You're complaining about being bashed when all you have to contribute is bashing the board.

1) There have been several people who do not agree with much of what is posted here and who have had the courage to sign on, present their arguments, debate and agree to disagree.

2) This is obviously an open forum since you're posting on it. It is NOT an unbiased forum and never pretended to be. So why are you crying about it? If you don't like it, don't read it. If you want to dispute what is written, dispute it.

Post something that makes sense and sign your name.

Scott McCumber
M2
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2003, 10:45:45 pm »

Yes Scott, this board is as unbalanced as CNN and the New York Times.  In the true essence of this board, you immediately stoop to bashing a poster who doesn't agree with most of what is posted.

Brent A. Tr0ckman 749
Arthur 573
Niaga Daerter 368
vernecarty 358
Mark C. 358
Marcia 315
Emily St 310
Joe Sperling 305
Tom Maddux 279

Ooops! I've made it to the top ten again. It's time to delete user and start all over again. I hate being in the top ten. Smiley

Name:  golden
Position:  Just warming up...
Attitude:  +0/-7  
Date Registered:  August 06, 2003, 04:47:50 pm

Golden,

The stats indicate that you have posted 11 times since Aug 6th. You have a lot of catching up to do. Hopefully you will use your posts to dialogue rather than post jabs and stats.

My post count has just increased by 1.

Lord bless,
Marcia

P.S.
You make it sound like an accusation to be unbalanced.
The Lord Jesus said that He came to only do the will of the Father (John 5:19).
M
« Last Edit: November 05, 2003, 11:08:52 pm by Marcia » Logged
editor
« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2003, 11:23:38 pm »

Brent A. Tr0ckman 749
Arthur 573
Niaga Daerter 368
vernecarty 358
Mark C. 358
Marcia 315
Emily St 310
Joe Sperling 305
Tom Maddux 279

You are absolutely correct, golden.

When I look at the posts here, the vast majority are from people who are/were involved in the Assembly.  We have a handful of "outsiders," and very few, if any, Eskimos, Laplanders, Pawnee Indians, or Pitcairn Islanders.

How do you propose we get more balance?

Also, I subscribe to two sailing magazines.  The magazine did a survey of the readership and they found that 83% of the readers of these two publications owned sailboats!  Very few owned powerboats.  That's some pretty strong bias there....

I sent them an anonymous letter taking them to task for not including articles on quilting, watch repair and Incan farming techniques.

Brent
vernecarty
« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2003, 11:48:41 pm »

It would be interesting to see who the top posters are and rank them by number of posts.  Can we see this?

You are quite a caviling soul aren't you? If you don't care to join in serious discussion with those who choose to post here simply go somewhere else...simple no?
Verne
« Last Edit: November 06, 2003, 04:12:44 am by vernecarty » Logged
vernecarty
« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2003, 11:56:27 pm »

Brent A. Tr0ckman 749
Arthur 573
Niaga Daerter 368
vernecarty 358
Mark C. 358
Marcia 315
Emily St 310
Joe Sperling 305
Tom Maddux 279

Ooops! I've made it to the top ten again. It's time to delete user and start all over again. I hate being in the top ten. Smiley

Golden,

The stats indicate that you have posted 11 times since Aug 6th. You have a lot of catching up to do. Hopefully you will use your posts to dialogue rather than post jabs and stats.

Lord bless,
Marcia

P.S.
M

And there I am in the "moderate middle"! See? I am not at all the  extremist some would have ya'll believe now am I?  Grin
Verne
« Last Edit: November 06, 2003, 04:06:05 am by vernecarty » Logged
retread

Email
« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2003, 01:15:49 am »

Brent A. Tr0ckman 749
Arthur 573
Niaga Daerter 368
vernecarty 358
Mark C. 358
Marcia 315
Emily St 310
Joe Sperling 305
Tom Maddux 279

Golden,

Lord bless,
Marcia

P.S.
M

And there I am in the "moderate middle"! See? I am not at all the  extremist some would have ya'll beleive now am I?  Grin
Verne
How about a moderate extremist perhaps?  And there is nothing wrong with being an extremist when you are right. Smiley  If you want to follow the truth, then sticking "extremely" close to the truth would appear to be a good place to start. If you want to be faithful, then extremely faithful would be the only way to go, anything less is well, just not faithful.  I for one appreciate you my "extremely" faithful brother.
golden

Email
« Reply #11 on: November 06, 2003, 01:32:10 am »

Brent A. Tr0ckman 753
Arthur 573
Retread Again 369
vernecarty 362
Mark C. 358
Marcia 317
Emily St 310
Joe Sperling 305
Tom Maddux 279
golden

Email
« Reply #12 on: November 06, 2003, 01:32:56 am »

no surprise on who would respond to this.
retread

Email
« Reply #13 on: November 06, 2003, 01:48:10 am »

no surprise on who would respond to this.

Well let's see golden, you were the first one to respond to your original message on this thread, and it only took you about 8 minutes.  Are you sure that you don't really love this bb? Smiley
editor
« Reply #14 on: November 06, 2003, 02:11:11 am »

golden

You are amazingly intelligent.  Did you figure out that about a dozen people are regular posters on this site all by yourself?

Amazing!  Who did you think would respond?  

On a serious note, what's wrong with bias?  Declared, unapologetic bias is perfectly fine.  What I don't like is a hidden agenda, where the reporting of fact is twisted into the reporting of fiction as fact.

We are unashamedly biased on this forum, and anyone who can't figure that out quickly has no right to own a computer and no intellectual claim to any opinion whatsoever.

Again, this BB is biased against George Geftakys and his Assemblies.  We also show strong favortism towards Evangelical Christianity, and are generally negative in our assessment of Eastern Mysticism, New Age Philosophy and "cults."

Many of us were part of Geftaky's Assemblies, so we understand eachother, and recognize that few people understand what we are talking about, so we find it valuable to speak to one another.  In doing so, we are biased in what we say, think and understand, due to the fact that our backgrounds were largely shaped by this Geftakys character, the Bible, and perhaps some other things as well.

Yep, plenty of bias, but also honesty.  There is another website that is really looking for the "silent" majority that has been run off by our blatant bias.  Have you considered posting elsewhere, in addition to what you say here?

One more thing, I am biased against anonymous posters who say stuff like you do.  I can't help it, my bias just leads me to think that you are somewhat of a coward and that you find it hard to share ideas unless you can control the environment.  Maybe it's not true, it could just be my biased thinking that leads me to believe this, however, since I am out in the open about it, people shouldn't be overly influenced.

I am an extremely biased person, as noted above.  I like it that way.  Other people are also biased, whether they admit it or not.

Brent
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 14
  Print  

Jump to: