AssemblyBoard
May 18, 2024, 10:01:27 pm *
The board has been closed to new content. It is available as a searchable archive only. This information will remain available indefinitely.

I can be reached at brian@tucker.name

For a repository of informational articles and current information on The Assembly, see http://www.geftakysassembly.com

Home   Search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 19
  Print  
Author Topic: Laughter..the best medicine  (Read 108080 times)
retread

Email
« Reply #30 on: October 22, 2003, 11:10:57 pm »

i know you were all wondering about this, so i thought i would put an end to the rumors:

Brian is the 20th most popular male first name in the United States; frequency is 0.736%; percentile is 32.061

Brian is the 3,582nd most popular female first name in the United States; frequency is 0.001%; percentile is 89.297

Tucker is the 128th most popular last name (surname) in the United States; frequency is 0.070%; percentile is 20.971

http://www.placesnamed.com/
Hey! No fair! You are already the Admin.

No more unfair advantages!    Grin
Verne

p.s. which is the most popular?

That would be James for first name, and Smith for last name.
d3z

Email
« Reply #31 on: October 23, 2003, 12:03:52 am »

David Brown isn't too far from the top.
Scott McCumber

Email
« Reply #32 on: October 23, 2003, 12:44:59 am »

Where are you getting this info on this site? I don't see that at all.

S
brian

Email
« Reply #33 on: October 23, 2003, 10:33:48 am »

Where are you getting this info on this site? I don't see that at all.

use the small white box on the left side, where it says:

Goto page for:  New!
[____________]
Type name & press {Enter}

no need to kick yourself, its not very emphasized considering its the main (and only) feature of the site.  Smiley
Arthur
« Reply #34 on: October 27, 2003, 09:59:10 pm »

The teacher pointed out with smug self-satisfaction that the throats of whales were much too small to possibly swallow a human. The little girl protested:
"But teacher, that can't  always be true for we know Jonah was swallowed by a whale!"
The teacher firmly repeated the point and informed the little girl that not every story she read in the Bible was necessarily true.
The little girl thought for a moment and retorted:
"When I get to heaven I am going to ask Jonah"
The teacher responded with a smirk:
"What if Jonah went to Hell?
The little girl smiled back sweetly:
"Then you ask him..."   Grin
Verne

Hahahahaha!  Verne, thank you that was great.
Of course we've heard it wasn't necessarily a whale, but a big fish.  I'm picturing in my head an oversized oscar...I'm glad now that I got rid of my aquarium b/f it was too late:o

sfortescue

Email
« Reply #35 on: December 08, 2003, 01:22:54 pm »

A dozen, a gross, and a score,
plus three times the square root of four,
divided by seven,
plus five times eleven,
is nine squared and not a bit more.

---Jon Saxton (math textbook author)

The Flood is over and the ark has landed.  Noah lets all the animals out and says, "Go forth and multiply."

A few months later, Noah decides to take a stroll and see how the animals are doing.  Everywhere he looks he finds baby animals.  Everyone is doing fine except for one pair of little snakes.  "What's the problem?" says Noah.  "Cut down some trees and let us live there", say the snakes.

Noah follows their advice.  Several more weeks pass.  Noah checks on the snakes again.  Lots of little snakes, everybody is happy.  Noah asks, "Want to tell me how the trees helped?"

"Certainly", say the snakes.  "We're adders, so we need logs to multiply."
Scott McCumber

Email
« Reply #36 on: December 10, 2003, 02:50:03 am »

I enjoy a good laugh as much as the next person does but I have to say I don't really see the humor in the joke about the brains. Some of the sharpest wit and greatest writers have come from England. We have spoken often about C.S. Lewis and J.R.R Tolkien here and there remarkable use of the English language. Some of the funniest humor comes from England also---some of us have quoted Monty Python here and several other comedians.

Perhaps I just missed the brunt of the joke, and you didn't mean it as a demeaning of the British people at all. I'm not British, being a Californian all of my life---but I admire the British people in many ways. They(and their government) are one of the few countries left that put honor and integrity first, and stand with the United States often against aggressors.  But again, maybe I'm just missing the whole joke.

--Joe

Joe,

You're the last person I expected to hear this from! A joke like that is kind of like "Insert Nationality Here".

I'm guessing that joke is told in Australia about Americans and in England about the French (which is much funnier and more appropriate).

Where I come from every joke begins with, "Did you hear the one about the two Hoosiers who . . . "

By the way, my great-great-great-great-great grandparents came from Britain and my great-grandparents were Hoosiers.

All in fun.

Scott McCumber

PS - Did you know: The only countries the US has never spied on - Canada, Great Britain and Australia. If you can't make fun of your friends, who can you make fun of?
Mark Kisla
« Reply #37 on: December 10, 2003, 04:03:05 am »

You Know you were in the assembly when....

you catch yourself mat training your dog

road rage means screaming, "are you rejoicing Brother" ?

you place food orders for female restaurant patrons you don't know

you can sit longer than anyone you know

you give your cat consequences

you take notes while watching the Wheel Of Fortune

at work seminars you randomly blurt out "AMEN"

H

Email
« Reply #38 on: December 10, 2003, 05:20:16 am »

Mark, I think you deserve some sort of prize for that post, it was hilarious!
H
Joe Sperling

Email
« Reply #39 on: December 10, 2003, 05:38:53 am »

Scott/Recovering Saint---

You're absolutley right!! Where did my sense of
humor go?Huh Today has been a strange day with a
lot of stress.(not that every day doesn't have some stress in it).  I do have to admit a weakness though---and this may sound strange---but if I hear the British or the Israelis being made fun of I get defensive for them---seriously--I really do---like they need anyone to defend them!!! Cheesy I have deleted my "defensive" post--because I need to "lighten up a bit". Take care guys, and keep the jokes coming!!!

--Joe
Recovering Saint

Email
« Reply #40 on: December 10, 2003, 05:57:56 pm »

Thanks!

I need to me more sensitive as well.

BTW

I respect Bush and Blair for going to Iraq and support all the allies including those serving in Afghanistan.

I am a staunch supporter of Israel and hope that the Palestinians can have a homeland and both live in peace. We can pray for that.

Ohhhhhhhh no this is about laughter and I am so serious.

Love you brother.
Recovering Saint

Email
« Reply #41 on: December 10, 2003, 07:02:30 pm »

Here is something to consider when mat training.

http://i.flowgo.com/greetings/madeapoop/madeapoop.swf
H

Email
« Reply #42 on: December 10, 2003, 07:28:12 pm »

Thanks for that link, Recovering Saint! Even though it wasn't quite as funny as the Dave Barry column on herring research, it was cute. This one is also kind of cute:

http://www.flowgo.com/flowgo2_view.cfm?page_id=71183

H
sfortescue

Email
« Reply #43 on: December 12, 2003, 06:23:43 am »

After visiting those links you can run this program to see the junk that those links put on your computer:

http://spybot.safer-networking.de/

I usually verify that a link doesn't put junk on my computer before posting it.
H

Email
« Reply #44 on: December 12, 2003, 04:20:14 pm »

You mean those cute little babies put junk on my computer??? How dare they!!  Angry
I didn't realize that. Thanks for pointing it out! I'll try and be more careful in the future.
H
« Last Edit: December 12, 2003, 05:22:51 pm by H » Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 19
  Print  

Jump to: