AssemblyBoard
May 18, 2024, 10:51:13 pm *
The board has been closed to new content. It is available as a searchable archive only. This information will remain available indefinitely.

I can be reached at brian@tucker.name

For a repository of informational articles and current information on The Assembly, see http://www.geftakysassembly.com

Home   Search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
  Print  
Author Topic: Disappointing--final posts from longtime users  (Read 25909 times)
al Hartman

Email
« Reply #30 on: June 16, 2003, 12:43:26 pm »

Dear Saints, all,

Just a few thoughts, springboarding from the insightful words of others:
In these areas we are called to excercise discernment and judgment, and are not called to be tolerant.  (Mark Campbell) italics are mine. --al H.[/i]
 In matters of doctrine, of clear bible teaching, discernment and judgment are essential.  The word of God is not to be compromised nor trifled with, and those who do so are to be called to account.  BUT, we must be tolerant with our brethren, to not discount their sincereity of heart and spirit as long as there is any hope that they might be won over.
       Has any one of us responded instantly in full obedience every single time the Lord has shown us something new?  If so, how wonderful!  Such a one must surely see what an improbable rarity such experience is, and be predisposed to having great patience with those not equally blest with such clarity and courage.  And the rest of us, who have made our mistakes in judgment, shall we not make allowance for our brethren, as the Lord has made for us, that we all may respond aright in due time?

To descend into argument is to invite attack.  (Kimberly Tobin)

Truer words were never spoken.  It is one of NewMan's inviolable laws of psychical motion that "for every verbal assault, there is an opposite and equal (or greater) verbal counterassault."  Argument is aggression, and it is unreasonable to expect acquiescence without counter-aggression.  Let us speak the truth in love, becoming all things to all men, that by all means we may win some.   

These ones are lost/confused and in need of the gospel of grace.  Not our treating them like we were used to being treated in the assembly.  (Kimberly Tobin)
 We have learned some terrible ways of treating people, formed some horrible habits in our past.  In our homes, our schools, our workaday world, the marketplace, our neighborhoods, everywhere we have been we have been exposed to godless, christless behavior.  Even in the church, other people as ill-taught as we, have treated us abusively.  The only differences in our experiences are those of degree, but it all amounts to the same thing:  without Christ in the picture, "there is none righteous, no not one."
       Ah, but with Christ, in Christ...  there is where we find the grace to love the unlovely, to call our neighbor "friend," and to lay down our life for his, in the love of our Savior.

Maybe we better just start all over again with a fresh slate and ask the question:  What do you believe the Gospel is and what does the Gospel mean to me as a believer?  This will cut to the chase as by knowing what truth is we can clearly identify error.  (Mark Campbell)
 Seems like just the other day the Savior said the same thing to me:  As far as the East is from the West, so far shall I remove your sins from you;  though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be as snow.  Come to think of it, it was just the other day, and today, and every day.  Old things are passed away, behold all things are become new.  Come, let us reason together...

++Let me be more demanding of myself, and less so of my brother.
       ++If my cause must be argued, it is most likely because it lacks merit to stand on its own.
       ++If my presentation depends upon attacking the position of another, upon what will it stand when the other position has been eliminated?
       ++Does the truth of God really need the cleverness of my marketing strategy?
       ++Can i admit to the idea that i may be the one who stands to learn in this situation, rather than the one i seek to teach?  Can i embrace it?
       ++Has my prayer about this matter been "Lord, not my will, but thine be done," or is it, "Lord, here is how it has to be!"?
       ++Does the prospect of my brother's redemption warm my heart, or am i anxious to see him get his comeuppance?

May we all continue to grow in the grace and love of our Lord Jesus Christ,
al Hartman

Matt

Email
« Reply #31 on: June 16, 2003, 02:16:41 pm »

Matt I apologize if in the past you have felt that my position is to demean any individual's character here.  I will contend earnestly against those who would teach a toxic faith and if that has been construed as an attack that certainly was not my intention.  I recognize that people sometimes are ignorant re. the consequences of what teaching they follow, but this is why we are to be entreatable one of another.

Speaking of being entreatable to one another, will you stop ignoring scripture regarding the public accusing and rebuking of Christians brothers and sisters in a public forum where unbelievers are present. I have not been teaching any kind of "toxic faith" by the way. Defending the innocent is hardly toxic. As for demeaning my character - well you gave 3 options sir. Either I deceived you, or I was intent on taking down the bb, or I am just confused. It's not right...

Anyway, just to refresh your money, it is shameful to take a Christian brother to court:

"If then ye have judgments of things pertaining to this life, set them to judge who are least esteemed in the church. (5) I speak to your shame. Is it so, that there is not a wise man among you? no, not one that shall be able to judge between his brethren?" - 1 Corinthians 6:4-5

What would the unbelievers on this bb think? It's hardly honoring to Christ (and, no, brian, i'm not saying take it down).

I am not trying to insult you (or others) when I mention that I believe something you believe to be correct is wrong.  Nor am I trying to speak evil of the Leading bros. when I mention that Assembly teaching was lacking or erroneous.  The Bible commands us to test the spirits, to entreat one another; it is all part of our responsibility as brethren in Christ.  Indeed, it would be dishonoring to Christ and unloving to you if I were to remain silent.

And I would be the same to you if I remained silent to your backbiting, false accusations, and un-Biblical rebuking of LB's and of any and all opposition that you or Brent may have encountered on this bb.

Can you not see that believing that all are heretical, except Christ, is an erroneous and dangerous postion to take?  Can you not see that Affirming's propagation of Local Church teaching is clearly heretical and very damaging to God's people?!  This is the kind of orthodoxy I'm refering to, and not the issue you mentioned re. whether all leaders of the Assembly are equally culpable with GG.  You take too literal of an approach with Tom's comparison and seem to make a huge effort to miss the clear point he has made.

Oh, I didn't miss his point. He very clearly stated that all LB's abused the saints in the form of exploitation. I know that he hasn't observed every assembly and every LB to see if they were abusing saints. I also know that there was no way the LB's could see how the money was being spent (maybe in Fullerton they could..where..surprise..maddux was at) to make sure it was all being used for the Lord's work here and abroad. I also know that nobody was forced to give money to the assembly - there are just too many factors there to exonerate the vast majority of LB's from any wrongdoing in that regard.

Maybe we better just start all over again with a fresh slate and ask the question:  What do you believe the Gospel is and what does the Gospel mean to me as a believer?  This will cut to the chase as by knowing what truth is we can clearly identify error.  I think this is the only way to break the impasse we have arrived at as we both seem to be having trouble communicating.

The Gospels are the first 4 books of the NT. They outline the birth, life, death, and resurrection of Jesus Christ. What do they mean to me? They are key in understanding Jesus' teachings.

- matt
Arthur
« Reply #32 on: June 17, 2003, 01:10:31 am »

I have been rather concerned with the "factions" that have been "lining up", opposing one another and entering into argument, rather than dialogue.  As Brian stated on another thread re: communication (much better than I could) this is a community of individuals who are desiring to come together for a common purpose.  For most, that purpose has been to discuss their experiences (however short or long) in the assembly and to find healing and answers.  Every once in a while, there is a person or persons who seek to enter into the discussion and defend the system most of us have fled.  

Those who seek to defend the assembly do not see the error in the teachings and have been taught to think in a certain fashion.  It is just these ones the Lord would seek for us to reach out to with the gospel of grace and show them the liberty with which Christ has set us free.  To descend into arguement is to invite attack.  Our pastor was pointing out Pauls' state as he arrived in Athens in Acts 17, verse 16, "Now while Paul was waiting for them in Athens his spirit was being provoked within him as he was observing the city full of idols."  Paul was provoked.  He was irritated, disturbed.
The pastor brought out that although Paul was all these things; angry, disturbed, irritated, he did not lash out at these ones (who were filled with idolatry - like the assembly) but he reached out to these ones with compassion, love - the gospel.  He mentioned 2Cor 5:14, "For the love of Christ constraineth us..."  

Now isn't this what happens when someone comes to the BB defending what we know now to be idolatry and heretical teaching?  We become angry, provoked, disturbed.  And why?  Because for many of us, it took so long to come out of the assembly, we endured much pain and suffering....it cost many of us dearly.  Some are even still experiencing the negative fallout from our involvement.  And this propels some of us to respond in this manner of anger resulting in arguement, etc.  But what did Paul do?  The love of Christ constrained him and he "disputed" with these ones:

Hi Kim,

This a good post and it is very pertinent to the issue at hand.  The issue being, as you described: "For most, that purpose has been to discuss their experiences (however short or long) in the assembly and to find healing and answers.  Every once in a while, there is a person or persons who seek to enter into the discussion and defend the system most
of us have fled. "

I have been thinking about this and wondering what my take on it should be.  At first, I didn't even want to touch those threads with a ten-foot pole.  I just saw it all as mindless, useless bickering.  I just wanted stuff like that to go away so we can talk about deeper, more meaningful issues.  But then I took a closer look at it and actually read the threads.  I found that what was going on in them was that some people were coming in and in various ways upholding the assembly/George/leaders as virtuous and/or teaching false doctrine.  There were some, namely Brent and Verne who were refuting the falsehood.  After becoming aware of this, I decided to also refute falehood and affirm the truth.  

I don't think choosing sides is wrong.  If someone is saying false things, we should say, "Hey, no, that's wrong."  Shouldn't we?  There is darkness and there is light; truth and lies.  We must choose which side we are on.  In other words, will we stand for the truth or give in to, agree with or in any other way support those who are stating lies?

In regards to your examples, they are excellent, but consider the application and context.  In Athens, Paul preached to people who had never heard the gospel before.  That's a different group than say, for example, the Jews that heard over and over again the good news of Jesus Christ and yet, not only refused to believe, but also persecuted Paul wherever he went preaching the gospel.  

To these, Paul did and said the following:
"And when they opposed themselves, and blasphemed, he shook his raiment, and said unto them, Your blood be upon your own heads; I am clean; from henceforth I will go unto the Gentiles." Acts 18:6

I think the difference is clear.

Paul said to the high priest, "God shall smite thee, thou whited wall: for sittest thou to judge me after the law, and commandest me to be smitten contrary to the law?"  Acts 23:3
Is that reaching out in love and compassion?  No.  But is it fitting? I think so.

Stephen, filled with the Holy Spirit, said "Ye stiffnecked and uncircumcised in heart and ears, ye do always resist the Holy Ghost: as your fathers did, so do ye. 52 Which of the prophets have not your fathers persecuted? and they have slain them which shewed before of the coming of the Just One; of whom ye have been now the betrayers and
murderers: 53 Who have received the law by the disposition of angels, and have not kept it."  Acts 7:51-53
Was this called for?  Absolutely, because it was true.

And consider the following:
"And that because of false brethren unawares brought in, who came in privily to spy out our liberty which we have in Christ Jesus, that they might bring us into bondage: 5 To whom we gave place by subjection, no, not for an hour; that the truth of the gospel might continue with you."  Gal 2:4-5

"But when Peter was come to Antioch, I withstood him to the face, because he was to be blamed. 12 For before that certain came from James, he did eat with the Gentiles: but when they were come, he withdrew and separated himself, fearing them which were of the circumcision. 13 And the other Jews dissembled likewise with him; insomuch that Barnabas also was carried away with their dissimulation. 14 But when I saw that they walked not uprightly according to the truth of the gospel, I said unto Peter before them all..." Gal 2:11-14a

Jesus condemned the Pharisees:
"But woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye shut up the kingdom of heaven against men: for ye neither go in yourselves, neither suffer ye them that are entering to go in....(and many more woes) " Matt 23:13-35  

John gives statements regarding two men:
"9 I wrote unto the church: but Diotrephes, who loveth to have the preeminence among them, receiveth us not. 10 Wherefore, if I come, I will remember his deeds which he doeth, prating against us with malicious words: and not content therewith, neither doth he himself receive the brethren, and forbiddeth them that would, and casteth them out of the church. 11 Beloved, follow not that which is evil, but that which is good. He that doeth good is of God: but he that doeth evil hath not seen God. 12 Demetrius hath good report of all men, and of the truth itself: yea, and we also bear record; and ye know that our record is true."  III John 9-12

And some more passages, where the Bible uses clearly condemning speech regarding certain men:
II Tim 3
II Pet 2
Jude

In summary, it appears to me that it is not always the case that a Christian is to show compassion to everyone. A Christian is to avoid and/or rebuke men who know the truth but refuse to believe it and instead hold to and teach lies.

"8 Look to yourselves, that we lose not those things which we have wrought, but that we receive a full reward. 9 Whosoever transgresseth, and abideth not in the doctrine of Christ, hath not God. He that abideth in the doctrine of Christ, he hath both the Father and the Son. 10 If there come any unto you, and bring not this doctrine, receive him not into your house, neither bid him God speed: 11 For he that biddeth him God speed is partaker of his evil deeds." II John 8-10

"28 Take heed therefore unto yourselves, and to all the flock, over the which the Holy Ghost hath made you overseers, to feed the church of God, which he hath purchased with his own blood. 29 For I know this, that after my departing shall grievous wolves enter in among you, not sparing the flock. 30 Also of your own selves shall men arise, speaking perverse things, to draw away disciples after them. 31 Therefore watch, and remember, that by the space of three years I ceased not to warn every one night and day with tears." Acts 20:28-31
Heide

Email
« Reply #33 on: June 17, 2003, 03:57:45 am »

George was excommunicated due to sin (Matt) that he was unwilling to repent of.

It should be shouted from the rooftops so when he goes into his next church those sheep know that he is in disguise. He is a wolf in sheep's clothing until he repents. He is dangerous.

If we aren't faithful to our own, who should we be faithful to?

Heide C. Johnson
Matt

Email
« Reply #34 on: June 17, 2003, 04:47:03 am »

George was excommunicated due to sin (Matt) that he was unwilling to repent of.

It should be shouted from the rooftops so when he goes into his next church those sheep know that he is in disguise. He is a wolf in sheep's clothing until he repents. He is dangerous.

If we aren't faithful to our own, who should we be faithful to?

Heide C. Johnson

I've never defended GG, Heide.
Mark C.

Email
« Reply #35 on: June 17, 2003, 05:00:46 am »

Hi Matt and Others,
  I am starting to weary in my attempt at civil discourse with you Matt, for I know that you can not be that obtuse.
   It is not a character flaw to be ignorant or mistaken, and as such none of us need be offended for having things brought to our attention, especially things that are offered in the desire to benefit the other; and this is my only motive here Matt.
   I know that I said we should assume sincerity on the part of a poster here, but there comes a point where it is obvious that a poster is not sincere and has ulterior motives for participation.
  RE. your false teaching:  By saying that you are mistaken, I am not calling you a heretic, but if you refuse many entreaties the title may just stick.  You have stated several times that only Jesus was not a heretic and that all Christian teachers/churches are heretical.  You can't believe this, and why you insist on it I do not know.  This is heretical because it states that there is no objective faith and thus invalidates the purpose of the word of God, which is to give us a clear understanding of the will of God.
   What you may mean is something else, but what you said needs to be made clear because as stated above it does amount to a very unorthodox view.
   Re. this nonsense about not publically discussing what Christian leaders say and practice for unbelievers will see us arguing:  Others have laid out a number of scriptures that would oppose your position.  How your use of the passage re. taking a brother to law applies here I have no clue(we are not talking about legal issues, but teaching/practice in the church).
   I will refer you to one passage in Galatians 2 where Paul rebuked Peter re. his behavior, "in front of them all".  It is very true that I have no specific knowledge re. the particulars of the leading bros. in SD, but then again I never rebuked them!  I simply mentioned that it seems that your instruction was lacking under their care.  I could be wrong, and you could have been sleeping instead of taking notes Wink(I can understand that  Wink)  
   To solve this question I requested a change of topic; a fresh slate, as it were.  I asked you what you thought The Gospel was and what it means to a believer.  I guess you were trying to be funny with your answer, but I really think it would be helpful to you and all of us if we centered our discussion here.  The Gospel is the Declaration of Independence for the believer and to be ignorant of it is to be open to all kinds of deception.
  I am not designing a trap for you to fall into, nor will I ridicule your answers, but would sincerely like to extend my offer of assistance.  I am so happy that so many helped me after leaving the Assembly re. this issue.  I would also love to hear your testimony re. how you came to know Christ.  I will also share mine and we can all have a good laugh about the Hippie who lived in a cave in a box canyon who came to know Christ! Smiley
                                        God Bless,  Mark
Matt

Email
« Reply #36 on: June 17, 2003, 05:10:21 am »

You have stated several times that only Jesus was not a heretic and that all Christian teachers/churches are heretical.  You can't believe this, and why you insist on it I do not know.  This is heretical because it states that there is no objective faith and thus invalidates the purpose of the word of God, which is to give us a clear understanding of the will of God.

woah, there buddy. I never EVER said that only Jesus was not a heretic and that all Christian teachers/churches are heretical. Major correction needed. I said that only Jesus was perfect and that no church had perfect teachings - everybody interprets the Bible and is bound to do it wrong - we're only men. I especially stand by my statement that no Christian leader is perfect.

Re. this nonsense about not publically discussing what Christian leaders say and practice for unbelievers will see us arguing:  Others have laid out a number of scriptures that would oppose your position.  How your use of the passage re. taking a brother to law applies here I have no clue(we are not talking about legal issues, but teaching/practice in the church).
   I will refer you to one passage in Galatians 2 where Paul rebuked Peter re. his behavior, "in front of them all".  It is very true that I have no specific knowledge re. the particulars of the leading bros. in SD, but then again I never rebuked them!  I simply mentioned that it seems that your instruction was lacking under their care.  I could be wrong, and you could have been sleeping instead of taking notes Wink(I can understand that  Wink)  

Actually, you were backbiting then, talking about them when they are not here to defend themselves. This bb has become a court where people flippantly pronounce LB's as guilty (to various degrees even!). These church matters are not confined to a church, but rather in a public forum in front of unbelievers. I absolutely cannot see how you think that this does not go against the Word of God - in addition, I can't see how you think that is honoring to God in anyway.

I'd like to advise you to read Luke's lastest posts. They're awesome.

- Matt
Mark C.

Email
« Reply #37 on: June 17, 2003, 05:22:08 am »

Hi Matt!
  I read Luke's posts and I also read the e-mail that he sent me privately! Cry It was irksome, not awesome.)
   You did say several times that all Christian churches were heretical, but obviously you didn't mean to and now that is cleared up.  The question re. a church/leader is not are they perfect, but are they accountable.  In the Assembly there were no means for accountability of the leadership and that is why so much evil was able to flourish.
  You still have not taken up my Gospel question in earnest!  Don't you want to hear my testimony?! Wink
                     God Bless,  Mark
Matt

Email
« Reply #38 on: June 17, 2003, 05:36:31 am »

Hi Matt!
  I read Luke's posts and I also read the e-mail that he sent me privately! Cry It was irksome, not awesome.)
   You did say several times that all Christian churches were heretical, but obviously you didn't mean to and now that is cleared up.  The question re. a church/leader is not are they perfect, but are they accountable.  In the Assembly there were no means for accountability of the leadership and that is why so much evil was able to flourish.
  You still have not taken up my Gospel question in earnest!  Don't you want to hear my testimony?! Wink
                     God Bless,  Mark

Why are you talking about Luke's private emails to you on this bb?! Publically?! That's terrible! If you have a problem with it, then email him directly. Also, I never said that every church was heretical - I said that none of them were perfect - none have perfect teachings, none have perfect leaders. Watch which words you put in my mouth, sir. Thanks!

- Matt

P.s. I really could write an essay on what the Bible means to me, but first let's hear your testimony. That would be interesting.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2003, 05:38:33 am by Matt » Logged
Mark C.

Email
« Reply #39 on: June 17, 2003, 06:10:31 am »

Hi Matt! Smiley
  I did not discuss the details of Luke's "irksome" e-mail publicaly and as such your strange privacy teaching has not been violated. I have written him, but like you, he has not responded!
  I'm beginning to believe that you may not understand what the Gospel is.  The entire Bible contains the Gospel, but there is a succinct definition.  I'll give you a clue, if you need one: I:Cor. 15.
  It is okay if you are not clear on it, most former members of the Assembly are confused as well.  
  I really would like to hear you first as it will possibly help you to think it through and come up with a simple and clear view.
  We do have perfect teaching re. the Word of God, in the greek sense of mature understanding.  We are commanded to "keep The Faith once delivered to the saints".  The Word of God is able to build us up and to give us discernment re. what is good/evil, or true/false.  No individual has perfect interpretation and that is why we are to "test" teachers/teaching and critically examine it.  To just let everything slide under the disclaimer, "ah, all churches are not perfect", is to invite deception and harm.  Subjection of teaching/practice to public scrutiny is encouraged in the NT as a demonstration to the world of our humility and honesty.
                          God Bless,  Mark
Matt

Email
« Reply #40 on: June 17, 2003, 07:23:49 am »

Hi Matt! Smiley
  I did not discuss the details of Luke's "irksome" e-mail publicaly and as such your strange privacy teaching has not been violated. I have written him, but like you, he has not responded!

Why, Mark, you hold my views on the assembly in contempt. I used to trust you until I saw how you misinterpreted Luke's posts and how you twisted some of my words around (heretical instead of not perfect, etc.) Those were some excellent posts from Luke,  and sadly people just chucked the scripture he presented and preferred to continue thinking with emotion and basing their entire assembly experience on 2 assemblies. As for the privacy issue, yes, you publically criticized Luke's private email (what do you call "irksome"?). People here don't have access to the email (and they shouldn't because Luke sent it to you in private), so it leaves them to wonder all sorts of things.

I'm beginning to believe that you may not understand what the Gospel is.  The entire Bible contains the Gospel, but there is a succinct definition.  I'll give you a clue, if you need one: I:Cor. 15.
  It is okay if you are not clear on it, most former members of the Assembly are confused as well.  

Yeah, I was only kidding when I gave my answer about the Gospel being Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John. I'm sorry that you didn't take it that way. Let's see your testimony.

We do have perfect teaching re. the Word of God, in the greek sense of mature understanding.  We are commanded to "keep The Faith once delivered to the saints".  The Word of God is able to build us up and to give us discernment re. what is good/evil, or true/false.  No individual has perfect interpretation and that is why we are to "test" teachers/teaching and critically examine it.

Amen, that was my point. No individual has perfect interpretation. And that is also my point that the Word of God is perfect. I'm glad we agree on these points.

To just let everything slide under the disclaimer, "ah, all churches are not perfect", is to invite deception and harm.  Subjection of teaching/practice to public scrutiny is encouraged in the NT as a demonstration to the world of our humility and honesty.
                          God Bless,  Mark

This is true, and GG always said that it was in the Bible - just look it up - it's in there. But when we start throwing around things like the leaders allowed GG to be arrogant. Well, that's like saying they allowed him to be a sinner. That's all he can be - he's a man.  We cannot expect the assembly to be perfect nor can we expect it the Leading brothers to be sinless. But we can't have blanket accusations about them all exploiting the saints. That was the problem I had with Tom Maddux's confession. If he had only talked himself, that would have been fine...but he accused all the LB's of exploiting the saints, and that was his error.

- Matt
« Last Edit: June 17, 2003, 07:24:39 am by Matt » Logged
Joe Sperling

Email
« Reply #41 on: June 17, 2003, 08:08:04 pm »

Grin Grin That happened to me once too!! That's so amazing you should bring that up. Except it happened to me in an orchestra pit with a group of Nicarauguans. We had to clean up the spaghetti, but I learned to speak Spanish because of it!!!

As to the comment reagrding how to cook halibut, I believe the best way is to blacken it slightly over a high flame. Add a little lemon powder before you blacken it though. It is just so delicious!! As for Lemurs, I believe they come from Madagascar--they appear to be part monkey and part something else---geez I've already forgotten, and I saw it on the Discovery channel just the other night.

Enjoyed your comments--gotta go.  -Joe
Heide

Email
« Reply #42 on: June 17, 2003, 08:54:44 pm »

I think what is missing here is my two cents:

The Leading Brothers did not make George arrogant. George was arrogant long before the LB's came into it. In George's history before the assembly, he was arrogant. He also committed adultery. That is the one where you are married and fool around right? I get immorality and adultery mixed up. When David was a child he remembered his father bringing home his mistress to meet the family and then leave. So George's deception started years before the assembly. Now George starts his own church. He is going to pick men that bend to his will. He isn't going to chose strong men, he is going to chose young men who don't know any better. Young men he could lead.

The bible makes it very clear about shepherds. ALL shepherds MUST give an account. Unfortunately, in our midst, George who looked like a shepherd turned out to be a ravenous wolf. Devouring little sheep and their families. The LB's weren't much better. They ran the sheep over rocks and thorns, sheep were discouraged and beaten down. Some sheep were even bloody. Where was the care of the shepherd?

The LB's were the right hand of George. They were part of the system or they didn't last. I would hate to be a leading brother or sister at this time. All the times people wanted to leave and you encouraged them to stay. All the horror stories that are popping up in regards to how your flock was treated and you brushed it aside. Other than crying out to the Lord and apologizing for your actions. How can you be free?

Heide Johnson
vernecarty
« Reply #43 on: June 20, 2003, 05:30:19 pm »

Sent: Tuesday, June 10, 2003 9:48 PM
To: vernecarty@msn.com
Subject: Thank you

Dear Verne,

We're brothers in Christ.  And I rejoice to see this repentance.  I know that one day, we will meet in heaven, and it's going to be a joyous occasion.  Here on earth, we might be of a disagreeable spirit, but we are both bought with the blood of Christ.  I thank you, again, and God speed you on your walk with Him.  God bless and keep you.  

I must admit that I was quite mad at you, at certain times, but I've prayed for you.  I will continue to do so.  

A Brother in Christ,

Luke Robinson

Boy...He is r-e-a-l-l-y smooth isn't he...? He really had me going there for awhile   Smiley

Dear Verne,

Uh, just a few things.  What's this?

"The jawbone of an ass is just as dangerous a weapon today as in Sampson's time."
--- Richard Nixon

Are you really serious about not posting, or is this simply a sabbatical?  I'd hate to compliment you for apologizing when you plan on getting right back into the fray...

And mind you, I mean this in no bad way.  This is not me "taking Matt's side" or "knocking you out just cus' you're opinion is different".  This is me trusting you at your word, and you said you were leaving.  Are you serious about doing this?  If you want to go back, why don't you just come out and say so?  

I know that when I decided to leave, I deleted my account...to remove the temptation.

I honestly believe the best for you Verne, and I am glad that the Lord has worked in your life.  I just was hoping that you would stick to your word.  Well, God bless you, brother.  I am praying for you.

A Brother in Christ,

Luke Robinson

Oh Ohhhh...! RED FLAG! RED FLAG!
Lord Luke the Lugubrious is Lamenting my Levity...! Grin

Dear Verne,

Hello Mr. Inspector!!!  I confess, I was the second gunman on the grassy knoll.  Hee hee!  How does it feel to be stumbling around in the dark?  Hmmm?  Well, it's not the first time for you, but hopefully the last.

Quote:
"It would seem that the cloying and noisome aroma of the assemblies has been with us...do you see how it still has the power to choke the life out of something vital?...fortunately some of us have not lost our sense of smell."

Well, if you didn't lose your sense of smell, then how come you didn't pick up the smell of your own devilish B.O.?  You know?  The stuff that makes you post without a clue but with a WHOLE lot of sinful blaming?  Surely it's not of the Lord, because he would not be the one suspecting such preposterous foolishness as you have been.

Quote:
"Those of you who thought Matt was the author of the e-mail Joe Sperling shared were not at all that far afield, his strident denial notwithstanding. You correctly identified the author's voice. If you surmise that the author of that e-mail was responsible for several posts to Matt Peeling's account, presumably with his complicity, you are indeed correct."

"It was I, Verne Carty, who made the arrest.  Using my powerful scent and my fabulous detective skills, as well as my AMAZING grasp of the English language, discovered that it was Colonel Mustard with the rope in the kitchen."  We're playing Clue, and Verne is in the lead.  WOO HOO!!!  Sorry, but you have no clue.  Joe knew who wrote him, so I think you can leave it up to Joe.  Apparently, Mr. Sperling knows how to keep his foot from getting inside his mouth as you have now accomplished.

Quote:
"These proteges of Geftakys learned well."

Verne, I want to ask you a question that I have been meaning to ask for a while.  How long were you actually in the Geftakys ministry?  5 years?  6 years?  7?  Something like that?  Surely you don't think that you have an idea of what you're talking about.  But then again, this is Verne Carty, "Intelligence Extraordinare."  This is no Joe Schmoe.  

Quote:
"Those of you on this forum aiding and abetting their deception, I hope you are fully satisfied."

Those of you on this forum who have no clue but wish they had one, please stand up.  Verne, this means you.  Please stop trying to play Dick Tracy.  You forgot your bullets when you left the house.

Quote:
"The two of you know who you are."

ME???  Are you talking about me?  Surely, you don't believe that I would do anything to foil your foolishness!

Quote:
"I pray fervently that the Great Shepherd would keep the likes of you two far from His blood-bought flock."

Hmmm...Funny thing.  I prayed that the Great Shepherd would turn you from your devilish divisiveness.  Didn't he take you behind the wood-shed?  Or was that just your wife?  I guess God can work in powerful ways.  It's amazing how you live in such hypocrisy and yet you believe that you're doing God a favor.  I guess the apple doesn't fall too far from the Geftakys tree...?  But then again, I am clear before God, and he knows I love the saints.  Maybe in your spare time(which you seem to have a whole lot of) you can reread my last two posts without a blindfold.  
It might do you a heaven of good.

Quote:
"The details are available from Brent. If you are sporting a fallacious sobriquet, you need not inquire. Watch the gates...!"

"YES!!!  Go to Brent!  He knows everything!"  Maybe next time you talk to Brent, you can maybe manage to get a clue out of him.  "Yes!  Watch the gates!!!  Don't let those Bible-thumpers with their logic in!!!  They'll only poison!!!"  I'm sorry Verne, but you are poisoned from the inside, and I will praise God the day this whole thing goes KABLOOIE and you will have to go back to just being lil', ol' Verne.  

Quote:
"p.s You two don't even think of PMing me...what have I to do with thee...?"

What about Him?  Seems that you have been ignoring Him, Verne.  I think it's time for another appointment behind the wood-shed...

A  Busted Brother in Christ,

Luke Robinson  

What on earth was I thinking...??!!

Any further questions...? If not, I rest my case...
Verne
p.s As is plain to all, he is not quite so sharp as previously surmised...he entirely missed the subtlety of my reference to his e-mail to Joe Sperling...Oh well...no great loss... Grin
« Last Edit: June 21, 2003, 02:47:44 am by vernecarty » Logged
Mark Kisla
« Reply #44 on: June 21, 2003, 05:34:31 am »

"As a madman who casts firebrands, arrows and death, so is the man who deceives his neighbor and then says, Was this not in sport  ?"
Proverbs 26:18 & 19
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
  Print  

Jump to: