AssemblyBoard
May 19, 2024, 03:57:38 am *
The board has been closed to new content. It is available as a searchable archive only. This information will remain available indefinitely.

I can be reached at brian@tucker.name

For a repository of informational articles and current information on The Assembly, see http://www.geftakysassembly.com

Home   Search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10
  Print  
Author Topic: The Robinsons have hurt the flock  (Read 83161 times)
editor
« Reply #90 on: May 24, 2003, 06:31:03 am »

It all boils down to motivation.  The STL sister intended to slander Brent by publicly posting his PM.

Yep.  I wonder what we will think when we see the horrible things that Tony Edwards wrote to "numerous" people on the BB, via private email?

STL sister is sorry, and didn't mean to hurt anyone.  She has contradicted herself on several levels.

Tony, who has never even posted here, has been thouroughly slandered.

My private message is no big deal, everyone already knew I felt that way anyhow.  What has me so worked up is the dark manipulation being played out by someone.

Long live GG!!  

Brent
Andrea Denner

Email
« Reply #91 on: May 24, 2003, 08:58:29 am »

Mark,
It may be too late to post this, seeing as though it sounds like you won't be around anymore, but I am the one who made the charge of fake poster to this person.  

I'm going to still hold to that due to the conflicting and erratic posts, coupled with the fact that this person brought this thread back to the forefront at key times... with very strife geared comments and information (including sharing a private communication that would be guaranteed to stir things up).  I will assume that you have nothing to do with this and ask you to read back through the posts and see if you conclude the same thing.  I would certainly apologize if I am wrong.

Are you really serious with the second to last paragraph of your post??   Wow.

Andrea
MGov

Email
« Reply #92 on: May 24, 2003, 09:12:37 am »

It all boils down to motivation.  The STL sister intended to slander Brent by publicly posting his PM.

Yep.  I wonder what we will think when we see the horrible things that Tony Edwards wrote to "numerous" people on the BB, via private email?

STL sister is sorry, and didn't mean to hurt anyone.  She has contradicted herself on several levels.

Tony, who has never even posted here, has been thouroughly slandered.

My private message is no big deal, everyone already knew I felt that way anyhow.  What has me so worked up is the dark manipulation being played out by someone.

Long live GG!!  

Brent
Verne,

Private sharing of PMs/emails may fall in the category of getting advice, or sharing news.
When I do not want my PM/email being posted publicly or shared with anyone else, I often state that in my PM/email.

M

I missed something Brent, Verne
How has Tony been slandered??
If he sent an email and did NOT state that he did not want it shared with anyone, then I do NOT see a problem with others 'talking about it' amongst themselves.  If anyone, it was Verne who disclosed information from the email publicly on this BB (but very discreetly).
M
al Hartman

Email
« Reply #93 on: May 24, 2003, 11:46:43 am »

(from another thread, because it is appropriate here)

Call me naive, but i just don't get all the Brent-bashing.  
i was gone for two weeks, during which time Brent returned from his six week hiatus, and now it seems every time i look at the bb, somebody is taking a shot at him.  i'm not writing this to defend Brent, he's a big boy.  i just don't get it.
    His comments are often tongue-in-cheek, and quite amusing (but maybe that's because i'm not passionately debating him over something).  i don't read in his remarks that he's throwing his weight around, trying to be someone important or even getting emotional.  But claims are being made to that effect and quotes presented to back those claims (although they fail to do so) that make me think that maybe the patients have taken over the asylum.

Let me ask this:  If the Son of God, during three years of ministry, was misunderstood by everyone who heard him (even his closest disciples), why should we feel that we must keep hammering away at our points of view until everyone else accepts them?  Do we just post whatever pops into our heads, or do we carry that thought to the Lord and ask him whether HE wants it posted?
    Suppose we do that and are convinced he wants us to post, but when we do, someone else refutes our words?  Do we at once engage that person in debate without consulting the Lord?  If we follow human instinct and attack, the results resemble a cheap talk-radio program.  (Still, someone will probably refute what i'm saying here without seeking the Lord's counsel about it).

Let's face it, it isn't human nature to carry everything to God in prayer.  But then again, human nature isn't what's going to overcome this present evil world and the temptations of the flesh and carry us to our heavenly reward.  That is all attributable to the nature of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, AND our partaking of IT.
    Well, that sounds awfully preachy and takes all the fun out of showing everyone how much more clever i am than are those whose views oppose mine.  Maybe i should just stuff all this spiritual business under a rug and get on with tearing into my brothers and sisters as if they are my enemies.  That oughta have our REAL enemies (those powers and principalities) rolling on the floor with laughter.  It won't make me more than a conqueror, but if i "win" my debate, i can pretend it does!

vernecarty
« Reply #94 on: May 24, 2003, 05:37:44 pm »

If anyone, it was Verne who disclosed information from the email publicly on this BB (but very discreetly).
M

I thought I would private message everyone on the board.

I think what we have in this thread is an attempt to slander and silence a guy named Tony Edwards, who has the nasty habit of telling the truth in St. Louis.  

Why did one of the kids (probably didn't know any better) spend a post bringing up his name, when lil sis didn't even mention him?

I think we need to hear from Tony.  At first, the name didn't ring a bell, but then when I heard he was blind, I remembered him, because he came out to CA to get a dog.

I searched my email (about 10,000) and found a bunch from him.   He was so kind and gracious the way he spoke about the leadership on STL.   I wonder if he freaked out, or something?

Whatever he is saying, it reminds me of what people said about me when I "slandered" George and David.  I told the truth, but these snakes screamed "liar!"

Tony, public message us!

I received a couple of e-mails from Tony. The one item of interest he mentioned, the writing of the letter, I was able to subsequently confirm. Ad hominem attacks are indeed troubling. We should respond only to what is actually said!
Verne

MGov this comes real close to a perversion of truth-you know full well I mentioned Tony's e-mail in an attempt to defend his integrity. There is something truly creepy about the way you are representing this MGov; What gives??!!
Verne
p.s. Al there is a clear reason for all the Brent-bashing but those engaged in it will never admit it...you ever heard the one about waking a sleeping man in a burning house...?

« Last Edit: May 25, 2003, 12:58:59 am by vernecarty » Logged
MGov

Email
« Reply #95 on: May 24, 2003, 07:53:21 pm »

If anyone, it was Verne who disclosed information from the email publicly on this BB (but very discreetly).
M
MGov this comes real close to a perversion of truth-you know full well I mentioned Tony's e-mail in an attempt to defend his integrity. There is something truly creepy about the way you are representing this MGov; What gives??!!
Verne

The reaction of the leadership to the crisis that engulfed the assemblies is most instructive. At the height of the maelstrom, one such individual in St. Louis simply had a letter of resignation read in his absence and advised the flock that he did not wish to be contacted. In view of the frightful allegations made against the standard bearer of the ministry they were associated with, the vast majority of them slunk away in silence.
No expressions of regret.
No provision for future shepherding of the flock.
No acknowldgement and renouncing of the heinous sins that were brought to light.

Verne

Poor choice of words on my part, Verne. Don't mean to 'slander' or anything, but to use you as an example of one who disclosed information from a PM/email 'legitimately'.
I am referring to the above quote from one of your posts.
This is a response to Brent's request to 'fess' up.

M

PS.  I will 'fess' up to sending PMs and emails to others (privately) in order to get advice, or to give news/information &/or to encourage the other individual with the information I had.  I never sent anything to anyone when the individual told me not to do so.
M
« Last Edit: May 24, 2003, 07:58:18 pm by MGov » Logged
vernecarty
« Reply #96 on: May 24, 2003, 08:18:27 pm »

Poor choice of words on my part, Verne. Don't mean to 'slander' or anything, but to use you as an example of one who disclosed information from a PM/email 'legitimately'.
I am referring to the above quote from one of your posts.
This is a response to Brent's request to 'fess' up.

M

PS.  I will 'fess' up to sending PMs and emails to others (privately) in order to get advice, or to give news/information &/or to encourage the other individual with the information I had.  I never sent anything to anyone when the individual told me not to do so.
M
Curioser and curioser...!
MGov you really mean to tell me that you see no distinction between referring to information received in an IM in which all identities are kept confidential, and actually posting or sending the entire contents of that IM to others?
For your information, the reference to that letter in Tony's mail was not the first time I had heard about it. The information was confirmed many times over and obviously known by everyone present when the letter was read. I seem to be really missing something in this exchange...
Verne
« Last Edit: May 24, 2003, 08:19:09 pm by vernecarty » Logged
MGov

Email
« Reply #97 on: May 24, 2003, 08:22:50 pm »

Verne,

You must read my posts carefully; this is what I said:

but to use you as an example of one who disclosed information from a PM/email 'legitimately'.

I guess I should have qualifed that as 'good example'.
M
vernecarty
« Reply #98 on: May 25, 2003, 01:06:28 am »

I missed something Brent, Verne
How has Tony been slandered??
If he sent an email and did NOT state that he did not want it shared with anyone, then I do NOT see a problem with others 'talking about it' amongst themselves.  If anyone, it was Verne who disclosed information from the email publicly on this BB (but very discreetly).
M

For a long time I have watched as private message after private message came from Tony Edwards that contained information that was highly questionable i.e. Paul was kicked out for homosexual tendencies, and many more

MGov, Brent was clearly responding to Mark and Daniel Teater's repeated assertion that they had private IMs sent to others by Tony and was in no way referrring to my mentioning the St. Louis letter. Is it possible that you completely missed this?
Why you cited me in that context mystifies me...if it was inadvertent then I accept that; the reference certainly sounded like an accusation...

Verne
« Last Edit: May 25, 2003, 01:09:37 am by vernecarty » Logged
Tony

Email
« Reply #99 on: May 25, 2003, 03:47:17 am »

To all,

My name is Tony Edwards.   It is a name that was known as a father, husband, friend, disability advocate and Christian brother…until now.   I am writing this message for the following reason:

Proverbs 22:1  A good name is rather to be chosen than great riches, and loving favor rather than silver and gold.

I returned home from a fishing trip on Thursday (May 22) and was encouraged by the time I had with my brother and two nephews.   They are each losing their vision from the same eye disease.   Two of them are not saved and we had a great opportunity to address issues and plant the seed of the Gospel.

Thursday evening, I decided to check the BBS as I recalled a discussion on Free Will.   This was a common topic during our camping trip.  
   Well, I was devastated to see the topic started by STL Sister and then to see my name slandered in subsequent posts.
   All I feel I can do here is to make the following statements and hope that those who know me will accept them as the truth.

*  I have not sent multiple private messages to a number of users on the board.   I only mentioned the resignation letter to two people via email.   I emailed a sister in California thanking her for a missing puzzle piece regarding couples meetings.   FYI, we were in a wonderful couples group and it was a blessing to Peggy and I.   I also emailed, what I thought was a letter of encouragement, to Luke.   Since this thread, I've emailed Brent, to tell him why I wasn't defending myself on the BBS, and to the young brother who was accusing me of lies etc.

*  The BBS software does not work well at all with my adaptive software.  Reading is okay and all of the links are accessible, but to post a message is very difficult.    I also didn't have the time, or desire, to follow a thread and respond.

*  I have no idea who is sending the PM's in my name.   But I assure you that they are lies and they are not from me.   I was in tears to think that Paul felt that I betrayed him.   Paul, the trip to the hospital to see Ian, during a very scary time, was a tremendous blessing for me and my family.
   For whoever is saying these things, I hope that you would consider the following:
Proverbs 6:12  A worthless person, a wicked man, Is the one who walks with a perverse mouth,
13  Who winks with his eyes, who signals with his feet, Who points with his fingers;
14  Who with perversity in his heart continually devises evil, Who spreads strife.
15  Therefore his calamity will come suddenly; Instantly he will be broken and there will be no healing.
16  There are six things which the LORD hates, Yes, seven which are an abomination to Him:
17  Haughty eyes, a lying tongue, And hands that shed innocent blood,
18  A heart that devises wicked plans, Feet that run rapidly to evil,
19  A false witness who utters lies, And one who spreads strife among brothers.

*  I am not ashamed of anything that I've written in my emails, however, I do regret the lack of wisdom in sending them.   I did ask that the information not be shared and was even assured that it wouldn't be.  

*  I do not have a personal vendetta against the Robinsons.   I think very highly of Tina, who has always been willing to extend service to my family.   I've always thought that Luke and Paul were quite amusing.   I can't recall ever questioning Jerry's ministry and I very much enjoyed our one on one conversations prior to the exposure of the Assembly.    For the record, Jerry did NOT offend me, just disappointed me.

*   I have no idea of the depth of damage to my name here in St. Louis.   How many read the false PM's, read the posts on the board or spread the tales by word of mouth or email.   I guess it doesn't matter as I believe that my name will be vindicated whether it is in five days, five weeks or five months.     

*   I wish to put this behind me and move on with my life as a husband and father.   It has been quite a humbling experience and I have learned from it.   I don't wish to discuss it further on here but if any in STL wish to contact me, they know how.   I am not angry or bitter but very saddened by this turn of events.   For those that have publicly slandered my name, if they see the error of their way, I'd hope for a public apology.

*   For any Christian brother or sister in St. Louis, who has been healing and has been hurt by this whole mess…Please accept my deepest apology for any part that I have played in this pain.   For any suspicions or discomfort that has been the result of the lies.All I can say is that the Lord will shine light into every darkness and bring Peace.   What Satan has meant for evil, God can certainly use for good!

Wishing God's very best for all of His Pilgrims!

Tony Edwards
Taplive@juno.com
PR 2:7-12

I typed this letter, however my wife had to post it.
editor
« Reply #100 on: May 25, 2003, 09:34:53 am »

This will be my last post.  

Great news.  Thank you! Smiley

Brent
editor
« Reply #101 on: May 25, 2003, 10:02:46 am »

*  I have not sent multiple private messages to a number of users on the board.   I only mentioned the resignation letter to two people via email.   I emailed a sister in California thanking her for a missing puzzle piece regarding couples meetings.   FYI, we were in a wonderful couples group and it was a blessing to Peggy and I.   I also emailed, what I thought was a letter of encouragement, to Luke.   Since this thread, I've emailed Brent, to tell him why I wasn't defending myself on the BBS, and to the young brother who was accusing me of lies etc.

*  I have no idea who is sending the PM's in my name.  But I assure you that they are lies and they are not from me.  I was in tears to think that Paul felt that I betrayed him.  Paul, the trip to the hospital to see Ian, during a very scary time, was a tremendous blessing for me and my family.
   For whoever is saying these things, I hope that you would consider the following:
Proverbs 6:12  A worthless person, a wicked man, Is the one who walks with a perverse mouth,
13  Who winks with his eyes, who signals with his feet, Who points with his fingers;
14  Who with perversity in his heart continually devises evil, Who spreads strife.
15  Therefore his calamity will come suddenly; Instantly he will be broken and there will be no healing.
16  There are six things which the LORD hates, Yes, seven which are an abomination to Him:
17  Haughty eyes, a lying tongue, And hands that shed innocent blood,
18  A heart that devises wicked plans, Feet that run rapidly to evil,
19  A false witness who utters lies, And one who spreads strife among brothers.

I know that many of you have trouble reading with good comprehension.  What Tony is saying, and let me guarantee that this is Tony, is that:

1.) He did NOT, repeat, NOT send PM's to people, as he is accused of doing.  What I mean in the previous sentence is that Tony didn't do it.  In other words, the cute LB's boys and girls are lying.  What I mean by that last statement is that they are not telling the truth, which is a nice way of saying they are lying.

2.)Tony's mail to me was every bit as gracious as what he has written here.  He is a whole lot nicer to Jerry Robinson than Saint Louis Sister, but he is getting slandered, while shehe/it is "forgiven."  There is a reason for this, which we shall discover in due time.

The Teater boy said this:
As far as you know there were only two people that received these messages, but, perhaps *GASPS* there could be more .  I guess you being all-knowing would know this information for sure before posting, right?  If you received this information from Tony, just think about the accusation against him, which is....... LIEING.  Just think about it.

Mark, the reason I said there were two people is not because I was "ALL" knowing, but simply because I knew that there were only 2.  There's a difference.  I may not know how the universe started, which I would if I was all-knowing, but I do know how many people Tony PM'd.  Can you see that there is a difference here?  So, I did know this information before posting, but I am not all-knowing.  I have considered the accusation against this man, from you, in which you call him a liar.  I have considered it and have concluded thus far that you are the liar in this case, and that you are doing it in pure Assembly tradition, except that you aren't as good at it as others.

Think of the words of these punkish young men, and their false claims, and compare them to that of Tony, and draw your own conclusion.

Also, as many of you will no doubt point out, it would appear that I insult these poor boys (they call themselves adults!) in the previous sentence.  Let me assure you, I have no intention of apologizing for these words, because they are not insulting, but rather descriptive.  These words exist in the english language for just such an occasion, and I believe I have used them properly.  These boys are acting in the basest manner, and I would point all of you to the verses Tony shares with us.

I await the stream of name calling and the simultaneous avoidance of any facts on the part of these snakes.  I can't wait to see how they ignore what just happened, forget about Tony, and jump all over me.  I'm happy about it, because I can type fast, while Tony can't.

Care to share any more PM's boys?  How about if you show us the ones that Tony sent you, where he lies?

Brent

MGov

Email
« Reply #102 on: May 25, 2003, 10:48:28 am »

*  I have no idea who is sending the PM's in my name.   But I assure you that they are lies and they are not from me.  
   *  I am not ashamed of anything that I've written in my emails, however, I do regret the lack of wisdom in sending them.   I did ask that the information not be shared and was even assured that it wouldn't be.  

Whoever is using your PM account would have to know your password as well in order to send PMs in your name.
emails are similar.

Since there is nothing to bring you shame, I suggest that you post the email you sent, so that the matter can be clarified.

M
« Last Edit: May 25, 2003, 10:53:18 am by MGov » Logged
Matt

Email
« Reply #103 on: May 25, 2003, 12:30:16 pm »

Mr. Hartman,
I think you mixed up the names on your "why is everyone bashing brent" post. I never wanted to see you, sir, get so deceived. Do you see the discrepancy here? Is it not clear as day? Brent insulted my intelligence by calling my theology  "McTheology" and when I called him on it, you felt I was "Brent-bashing." When Mark Teater called Brent prideful and arrogant (opinions about Brent that I definitely share! oops, I just bashed brent) that was Brent Bashing, but when Brent throughly insulted the Teaters in his last post, well he's to be commended for his bravery. I suppose that I was Verne-bashing when I asked him to apologize for saying those nasty things about Luke and Paul on the "why leaders are responsible thread." Let's examine Brent's post together:

I know that many of you have trouble reading with good comprehension.  What Tony is saying, and let me guarantee that this is Tony, is that:

Oh, now this is interesting. Brent, which ones of us have trouble reading with good comprehension - just curious. It's so kind of you to break down Tony's post for us, since it must not have been very clear the first time.

1.) He did NOT, repeat, NOT send PM's to people, as he is accused of doing.  What I mean in the previous sentence is that Tony didn't do it.  In other words, the cute LB's boys and girls are lying.

And people wonder why the leaders don't want to expose their families to the saints of the former assemblies sometimes. Brent just doesn't have a problem with the LB's - he has a problem with their kids too! Is there not something a little deranged about this? Brent's mission against leaders of the assembly has turned into insulting their kids too. He's so sure that the LB's are responsible that his mission extends to insulting the kids too. The only reason they are liars, evidently, is because they're LB's kids and because Brent Tr0ckman says so.

Mark, the reason I said there were two people is not because I was "ALL" knowing, but simply because I knew that there were only 2.  There's a difference.  I may not know how the universe started, which I would if I was all-knowing, but I do know how many people Tony PM'd.  Can you see that there is a difference here?  So, I did know this information before posting, but I am not all-knowing.  I have considered the accusation against this man, from you, in which you call him a liar.  I have considered it and have concluded thus far that you are the liar in this case, and that you are doing it in pure Assembly tradition, except that you aren't as good at it as others.

Think of the words of these punkish young men, and their false claims, and compare them to that of Tony, and draw your own conclusion.

Also, as many of you will no doubt point out, it would appear that I insult these poor boys (they call themselves adults!) in the previous sentence.  Let me assure you, I have no intention of apologizing for these words, because they are not insulting, but rather descriptive.  These words exist in the english language for just such an occasion, and I believe I have used them properly.  These boys are acting in the basest manner, and I would point all of you to the verses Tony shares with us.

In other words, we can just insult someone and say - oh but I'm not insulting them, I'm *describing* them. Ok, Brent, don't take this as an insult, but rather a description of you - You have definite issues with pride, arrogance, and bitterness. I know you have been "described" that way by many. Did anyone else notice how gentle he was with STL sister, but the second she posted his PM to her, his tone changed dramatically - now she's a "dark manipulator." Too bad it's not all about Brent! I think it's funny that you are defending Andrea Denner's posts about the leading brothers being guilty for allowing GG to be arrogant. A little hypocritical, I'd say.

Thanks for referring the Teaters to Tony's verses. And now let me point you to some verses, Brent:
Satan is not alone he has those who help him to deceive people. 2 Corinthians 11:13-15 For such are false apostles, deceitful workers, transforming themselves into the apostles of Christ. And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light. Therefore it is no great thing if his ministers also be transformed as the ministers of righteousness; whose end shall be according to their works.
Matthew 24:11 And many false prophets shall rise, and shall deceive many.

You say compare the posts of these men to Tony's? The posts of the LB's kids express nothing more than their righteous anger at the slander of their family by possibly Tony Edwards, definitely by you Brent (look at all the insults you've hurled at the Robinson boys and the Teater boys), and also Verne, among many others on this board. Let's think- who's the ringleader of this BB? Who started it, who made the GA website, who is always in the middle of every hotspot on this BB? Oh, you are Brent. You try to appear as an angel of light, saying that your only mission was to help people, to encourage healing, to expose sin. But how has this angel of light accomplished this? Well, I'm sure you know by now that this board has encouraged "healing" by having people lash out - think Eulaha, Brent, Verne here. This angel of light has provided a forum for attacking, slander, bitterness, wrath, etc. Yes, Eulaha, I'm a regular contributor! It's been encouraged by this board - I'm glad I'm able to recognize that though. Yet, this angel of light has such a huge following of flatterers - many have been deceived.

I await the stream of name calling and the simultaneous avoidance of any facts on the part of these snakes.  I can't wait to see how they ignore what just happened, forget about Tony, and jump all over me.  I'm happy about it, because I can type fast, while Tony can't.

Ah, another insult - oops description. LOL - does anyone else find it funny that he says this after L Robinson deletes his account and after Mark Teater announces that he won't be posting anymore. Thankfully, I've done neither, and have I ever backed down from you, sir? No, sir - never have. I'm not saying you are Satan, by the way - but you are being used by the enemy. I think that in order to justify your website and the creation of the BB, you had to downplay all criticism of it as discouragement from the enemy. Consequently, you and your supporters now feel that you are infallible. Sir, work for the good of all and make sure that the Lord is what you're doing all this for.
- Matt

P.s. Your last post reminded me of scooby doo - that part in every episode where the bad guy shakes his fist and says "if it wasn't for you meddling kids.."
« Last Edit: May 25, 2003, 12:45:12 pm by Matt » Logged
vernecarty
« Reply #104 on: May 25, 2003, 05:22:27 pm »

I have considered it and have concluded thus far that you are the liar in this case, and that you are doing it in pure Assembly tradition, except that you aren't as good at it as others.

Daniel, Mark, Matt, Luke, and Paul,

I think it is touching that you want to defend the elders so much, but due to your age, you think with your emotions and not with reason. That's especially how boys are. Until males are about 24, they tend to think with their penises instead of their brains. Since you are all males under 24, I highly suspect that you are thinking with you penises and not your brains. Let the older ones take care of this.

Love,
Laurie.

Colorful...! I think the boys can make a valuable contribution...It is also clear that much of what they are saying is driven by the fright and fight stimulus response...(apparently the parents opted for flight)
This is entirely understandable as it is a very messy business...
Verne

Mark and Daniel:
Do you know how difficult it is to regain any credibility one you have been demonstrated to deliberately take liberties with the truth? I stand somewhat surprised at how disappointed I am in you (after all I am the one according to you who should not care a whit about the St Loius folks). I expected better, everthing notwithstanding...perhaps Laurie was right...
Verne
« Last Edit: May 25, 2003, 05:29:19 pm by vernecarty » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10
  Print  

Jump to: