AssemblyBoard
May 18, 2024, 10:09:32 pm *
The board has been closed to new content. It is available as a searchable archive only. This information will remain available indefinitely.

I can be reached at brian@tucker.name

For a repository of informational articles and current information on The Assembly, see http://www.geftakysassembly.com

Home   Search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 12
  Print  
Author Topic: IT IS TRUE!!!  (Read 88442 times)

Email
« Reply #30 on: January 20, 2003, 11:23:00 pm »

I john 2:2

"And He is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world."
Peacefulg

Email
« Reply #31 on: January 20, 2003, 11:24:40 pm »

Yes Kimberly, it is nice that we can dialogue, for in the assembly in the past one of us would not be in for long (which come to think of it would have been a blessing in disguise).

Also I feel and further discussion should be moved to the Bible side of the BB.

Cheers,
G
Danny E

Email
« Reply #32 on: January 21, 2003, 12:17:18 am »

Kimberely, Thank you for bringing up the 7th day.  This is a sign that we were way too influenced by George.  Almost everybody that I know of rejected this, but we should have with one accord stood and said you are not going to teach this here. In Chicago they confronted him on it, but it should have been everywhere.  George's book and tapes are no more in SLO, but great men of God have also influenced the thoughts and practices among the assemblies, there may be things to unlearn and the Lord will show this.  Also I don't know what the Lord's will for each gathering is, I just know what we have to do.   The Lord has judged our pride, and may God have mercy upon us.  I know that He sees my heart and He is weighing my spirit.

Tom, I believe that MUCH will be evaluated from gathering to gathering, all it should be and I believe that the Spirit will direct and show us new things and ways.  I absolutely and always have believed that there are godly and sincere Christians in every gathering and they are not are enemies, more so now I see we were too impressed with our form and vision.  In the future we are committed to be inclusive and if any of the talk of comparing or competing comes up, we will call it out and repent of it.

Rob, Thank you very much and pray for me, I need it.  

Rick I will call you some time.

Bob, Thanks for the verses

Eulaha L. Long

Email
« Reply #33 on: January 21, 2003, 01:27:26 am »

Danny,

I am in awe at the goodness of God in our lives.  I was very encouraged by the repentance taking place in SLO.  I knew God would get His glory one way or another!

I am owed an apology.  I was threatened by Roberto Sanchez back in January of 2001 for talking to a single sister in SLO about why I left the Assembly.  He told me that he told her to avoid me, and threatened to tell the saints not to talk to me as well.  That has left an emotional mark on my soul that is still festering.  Please pass along this, if you don't mind, as I do not have any contact with the Sanchez's.  Thank you brother, and I am praying for you!
BenJapheth
« Reply #34 on: January 21, 2003, 01:29:02 am »

Danny, your posts and others like it do so much to reinforce the credibility of what is going on - the reality...We are at a beginning, let grace flow. We must be crucified daily...tomorrow is another day and everyone must pursue peace tomorrow as well. Today's manna will not keep until tomorrow...It must continually be gathered day-by-day.

Folks, out there I can't speak for Danny, however, having been a witness to Saturday's and Sunday's events - like the breaking of water - right now there are "no sacred cows" in SLO...These men are reviewing their lives, their doctrine, their past and their future.  They need prayer and encouragement.

They are seeking out the accountability of local SLO pastoral leadership.  As an outsider, I would encourage all current and former LBs to pursue that same accountability with your local pastors/leaders in your respective communities.

Healing, answers, hope, grace, and love await you!

BenJapheth
« Reply #35 on: January 21, 2003, 01:40:48 am »

Eulaha,

Write Roberto yourself!

No more proxies...I know he is entreatable - write him rsvslo@aol.com...Grace is flowing like a river!  If you don't have a joyful reconciliation - call me at 913.488.1046.  The Lord is moving in Roberto's heart!

Blessings to you sweet sister...Write him this minute!

Chuck/ chuck@vanant.com
BenJapheth
« Reply #36 on: January 21, 2003, 02:51:36 am »

Brent, I just read your post from this morning...the longer one about the process that is moving forward.  

Beautiful!  Beautiful!  Beautiful!  

This site has moved from judgement to grace so quickly, so incredibly fast - I'm in awe!  It is a great miracle - frankly, I'm incredulous.  Your words are both wise and sweet, Brent.  I too have been thinking about the Lord of the Rings and all the parallels, but didn't want to stumble anyone...

Please be careful, Brent, that as you see what God is doing with this new chapter in your Web site that you maintain the most severe humility...Please!  Be ruthless with any tinge of pride...any hint whatsoever.  People are vulnerable...We are not worthy to see what we are seeing.

I was so edified by your message...I see God in this.  His ways are higher than our ways and He's lifting us up into His fellowship to see and to know Him, His grace, His ways...What a priviledge!

Folks, we're experiencing a life event in our midst. I've dreamed about Christians acting this way my entire Chrisitan life!  And, I never thought I'd live to see it!  Never, never, never did...God's pleasures are so supreme!

He's making our feet like hinds feet and making us dwell on his high places!

I'm rejoicing!

Chuck / chuck@vanant.com

Chuck Vanasse
Arthur
« Reply #37 on: January 21, 2003, 03:08:06 am »

A couple of questions:

1.  Have the people in other countries been informed of George's excommunication, e.g. Samuel, and others

2.  Is the door of the tape closet in the accomodation in Fullerton unlocked?

3.  What has happended to Tim G.?

4.  If the leaders have stepped down in Fullerton, who's running things?

As for false doctorine.  It's what you learn after you get out of the geftakys ministry that really counts Cheesy

The only great man of God that I know of is Jesus Christ, everybody else is suspect and subject to the scrutiny of what he said.  
H

Email
« Reply #38 on: January 21, 2003, 05:07:43 am »

Dear G,

Unlike some people we know, I don't take it personally when people disagree with me. I do want Christ to be my life, which is why I believe what He said. He said: "I lay down my life for the sheep." (John 10:15). He also said: "A new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another." So I will keep on loving you even if you disagree with me.

Regarding John 3:16, why don't you take a look at this interesting page?:

http://www.graceonlinelibrary.org/calvinism/full.asp?ID=58

Regarding the preaching of the Gospel, Verne already did a good job of answering that question. We don't know who the Lord's sheep are, but the Lord does, and He tells us to preach the Gospel. We are to obey, and He will save His sheep.

In accordance with your suggestion, I will post additional material on this subject at some point in the future on the Bible side of the BB.

Love in Christ,
H  
Arthur
« Reply #39 on: January 21, 2003, 05:26:15 am »

I looked at the page.  I think his arguement for limited atonement is full of holes, not the least of which is changing the words "might" and "world" to fit his interpretation.  So every time Jesus says "world" or "whosoever" or "all" or "any", he's just referring to the elect?  Come on.  How 'bout rather say, I don't know what that means, but I'm guessing here.  

"And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for our's only, but also for the sins of the whole world."  If "world" is the elect as this man argues, then who is the "our" referring to?
« Last Edit: January 21, 2003, 07:47:05 am by Arthur » Logged
Danny E

Email
« Reply #40 on: January 21, 2003, 07:20:26 am »

Arthur,

Fullerton is going to have a period of time seeking the Lord and waiting upon him for any future decisions.  They are humbled and reeling from all of the devastating news, pray for them.

Call Tim and ask him how he is doing, I know that he is broken through all of this.

I believe all the countries no about what has happened

Aslan213

Email
« Reply #41 on: January 21, 2003, 07:38:53 am »

Danny or perhaps someone else may know the answer to this.  Apparently, the valley assembly as of early Sunday evening had not received anything about George's excommunication nor about the leadership stepping down in Fullerton.  Someone in the assembly told me about this.  Were some assemblies not notified?  To whom was the email/letter sent?  This concerns me because, if true, there could be other assemblies that don't know.

BTW, an ex-assembly member provided the letter to a current assembly member.  From what I understand the LB's were going to check into it.
Arthur
« Reply #42 on: January 21, 2003, 07:45:53 am »

Hey Danny,

Ok, that makes sense about Fullerton.  Yes, time will tell, I hope things all work out for the best in the next few months and years.  No doubt all this must be very heavy, confusing and wonderful for all involved.  George Geftakys excommunicated from his own church!  Who would have thought!  I tell you, that to me shows there's hope and that this ministry wasn't throughly bad or cultish.  You don't see the mormons kicking out their prophet.
Do you really think Tim would talk to me?  I think I will call him, after I've thought about all this some more.  
So, are all the tapes still around?  I guess it doesn't matter so much anymore now, since it has already become known to most everyone now that George's teaching is suspect.  Though, it still would be a kick to hear about how the oil is going to run out by the mid-80's.  lol, j.k. Wink

I'd like to meet with you sometime, if we could.  When would be a good time for you?

Arthur
freebird

Email
« Reply #43 on: January 21, 2003, 09:28:58 am »

Danny,

You write "but I know of no false doctrine that is allowed."

What do you say about this?.........Galatians 3:18  "For if the inheritance be of the law, it is no more of promise: but God gave it to Abraham by promise."

Garth
Arthur
« Reply #44 on: January 21, 2003, 09:32:12 am »

Verne, exactly!  That's why I think it's silly that the dude with the Limited Atonement article thinks "world" means "elect".  What a maroon.  Oops.. ad hominen?    o_O

\(^.^\) \(^.^)/ (/^.^)/    \(^.^)\ |(^.^)| /(^.^)/
« Last Edit: January 21, 2003, 09:34:55 am by Arthur » Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 12
  Print  

Jump to: