AssemblyBoard
May 05, 2024, 05:19:27 pm *
The board has been closed to new content. It is available as a searchable archive only. This information will remain available indefinitely.

I can be reached at brian@tucker.name

For a repository of informational articles and current information on The Assembly, see http://www.geftakysassembly.com

Home   Search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12
  Print  
Author Topic: IT IS TRUE!!!  (Read 88308 times)
freebird

Email
« Reply #150 on: January 25, 2003, 10:10:33 am »

Luke, you are the man!

And from your picture, I think I would now be looking up to you! Ha!

Garth
Bob Sturnfield

Email
« Reply #151 on: January 25, 2003, 10:43:10 am »

As for my parents, I think i have always made them proud, and I love them a lot (since they read this  Kiss)
And we will always love you as well  Kiss

"No matter what you decide" -- I know we always only seem to "say that" when we disagree with your decisions, yet I sincerely mean "we will always love you".

Keep on "Seeking the Light", separating the wheat from the chaff.

Jeremiah 23:28  "The prophet who has a dream, let him tell a dream; And he who has My word, let him speak My word faithfully. What is the chaff to the wheat?" says the LORD.
29  "Is not My word like a fire?" says the LORD, "And like a hammer that breaks the rock in pieces?
4Him

Email
« Reply #152 on: January 25, 2003, 10:43:27 am »

Hey,  Shocked
I used to be in TARS.
A long time ago!  Cool
Look where it got me.
Wher am I anyway.
Phil Strangman

Email
« Reply #153 on: January 26, 2003, 03:49:29 am »

Verne, I asked my Dad about you last night and he remembers you. He said you were "a killer bass player" if I quoted him correctly. Maybe we can establish contact sometime this year. Who knows what the future brings?

Do you all think that the Lord is causing all of these things to happen to now to prepare for us if something goes terribly wrong with the impending war in Iraq or something else tragic and monumental happens? Just a thought

2 Peter 3:8: "But beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day is with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day."

Peace-
Phil Strangman`

Email
« Reply #154 on: January 26, 2003, 03:50:25 am »

I meant to say "prepare us", not "prepare for us."

*i guess that's what the preview button is for after all.
Sebastian Andrew

Email
« Reply #155 on: January 26, 2003, 08:12:32 am »

Hi Phil:
I'd be a little careful about assigning cosmic (apocalyptic) ramifications to the shakeup. Of course the believers and their lives and futures are important in the sight of God (please don't misunderstand me), but the Church is much bigger than our particular locale. We've had Hitler, Stalin, and Mao all in the same century and the gates of hell haven't prevailed. Neither will this. "Occupy till I return...."
Phil Strangman

Email
« Reply #156 on: January 27, 2003, 12:15:01 am »

Good point, Sebastien. I think I was thinking in terms of my personal walk with the Lord more than anything. In March, we may begin launching 300 to 400 cruise missiles a DAY in Iraq, and if something goes terribly wrong, God may have gotten me used to tragedy and reality through what is going on now so that if something incredibly chaotic happens this year, I (hopefully!) won't be a powderpuff melting in the heat of fear.

Peace
editor
« Reply #157 on: January 27, 2003, 04:27:21 am »

Hello Phil

In Waco, they were convinced that it was "The End."  Same with Jonestown.  Heaven's gate, same type of thing.  Solar Temple, ditto.

Concerned Christians (Monte-Kim Miller) same deal, eminent return of Christ.

What these groups have in common, is that the rank and file members were deluded into believeing and acting upon a total falacy.  Quite frightening indeed.

We don't know when Jesus is coming back. Period.

The Assembly is no more because God judged it.  Past tense.

Also, God does not get us ready and make us strong by getting us "used to tragedy."  The Joy of The Lord is our strength.

Assembly Childtraining teaches something like what you said, but that is not how God works. I advise you to abandon that sort of thinking.  Please don't think that the judgement that has befallen George's house has any significance in the cosmic sense, other than this very simple principle,

You reap what you sow.

The Assembly has never been at the cutting edge of God's purpose, and has never been a beacon of light in a community of darkness, blah blah.  It has always been a very dysfunctional group, full of broken people, egotistical people, and assorted others, most of whom only wanted to walk with the Lord, but found themselves ensnared by a false teacher.  Yes, George is a false teacher.  The same kind of false teacher we are warned about in the Bible.

God has now set the members free, and now they can do what they longed to do at the beginning, IF THEY GET OUT OF THE SYSTEM!  OR GET THE SYSTEM OUT OF THEM!

The latter is much harder, which is why I strongly advise the former.

Brent
Heide

Email
« Reply #158 on: January 27, 2003, 06:01:54 am »

For those of us who are still clueless, (like me!)  is there an assembly in SLO? I heard that they all went to Calvary Chapel on Sunday but are they still meeting on the side at the Sand's Motel? I hear they want to right wrongs but one week later I still haven't heard. I still think it is funny that I hear from the sheep not the shepherds who did the wrong.

Heide
Rudy

Email
« Reply #159 on: January 27, 2003, 06:12:27 am »

Heide,

You're not alone. Just what in the blazes is going on there !
I'm sorry, but the whole thing just like, reeks of politics.
Phil Strangman

Email
« Reply #160 on: January 27, 2003, 09:40:50 am »

Brent,

I'm not convinced it's the end. War with Iraq doesn't mean the end. Tragedy doesn't mean it's the end. The Holocaust happened, and that wasn't the end. World War II happend, and it wasn't the end. Yet they were unbelievably tragic events! What could happen with Iraq may very well not be the end, yet be a very, very tragic event. You're right in that "getting used to tragedy" may have not been a good way to put it. God knows that trials of my faith are going to come my way. This could be one of them.

Does it not speak in 1 Peter 1:7,  about "the trial of your faith, being much more precious than of gold that perisheth, though it be tried with fire, might be found unto praise and honour and glory at the appearing of Jesus Christ." If the United States does get attacked or whatever, is that not a trial of faith for a Christian, to be believing God as evil events swarm around us? Possible impending war with Iraq could happen, whether the Assembly ever existed or not. If I had grown up a Episcopalian, and my church started falling apart when I was 19, and this war with Iraq came up at the same time, I might be wondering too myself. People worry about the consequences of war whether they were soaked in Assembly Child Training or not.

Peace-
Heide

Email
« Reply #161 on: January 27, 2003, 11:55:56 pm »

Hi Rudy,

It is politics! There was a cover-up. Still Roberto and Jeff stay in control, not repenting as far as I can see. No one has called.... Forgive me if I am wrong but didn't we get taught that if you have an issue with your brother you have to talk to them before you can worship the Lord? Wasn't pre-prayer on Sunday morning a time to get it right? I will count this down and it isn't that things aren't moving fast enough. It is to make everyone aware that Jeff and Roberto aren't doing anything.

Heide
Rudy

Email
« Reply #162 on: January 28, 2003, 01:07:45 am »

I've had to think about the Lord's supper pre-req.
It's if you know that someone has something against you ...
not the other way around. The burden was shifted to the offended -
that's not in my bible or any of the other translations i have. The issue of
being offended, confrontation and forgiveness, of going to them was to
deal one on one. At the Lord's supper the burden of innocence is on them.
They eat and drink condemnation to themselves, it is their responsibility
not ours. This site is open to the whole planet and none of what is said
here is being done in a corner. People just need to be nice.

Otherwise it's, "meet the new boss, same as the old boss".
editor
« Reply #163 on: January 28, 2003, 01:44:33 am »

Yep!

Right on Rudy.  The burden was shifted to the offended, which practically meant that as long as the leadership made sure to offend US, we remained at a spiritualy substandard level.  The more they offended, the more WE had to make right.

UPSIDE DOWN!  It has to go!  There can't be any more of this nonsense!

Brent
Josh Randall

Email
« Reply #164 on: January 28, 2003, 04:33:46 am »

I've been frequenting this web site for the past few weeks and it has been a wonderful source of information. BUT NOW YOU HAVE GONE TOO FAR!!! YOU GIVE AWAY THE SUPRISE ENDING OF THE LORD OF THE RINGS! One of your messages outright comes out and spills the beans. After reading this incredible story and personally being flabbergasted by one of the greatest surprise endings of all time, and after holding my tongue on numerous occasions so as not to ruin the end for others who are laboriously pouring over its pages, all one has to do is casually come across this message and WHAM! there it is in a breath. I have a friend who after months of reading was but a few chapters away from finding out, in proper storytelling fashion, the final destiny of the ring and it's over-encumbered bearer. No longer.

For those who would rather come to this glorious ending by way of proper story alignment !PROCEED WITH CAUTION! when reading the January 20th entries of the "IT IS TRUE!" thread started by Danny Edwards (it's a great thread and worth reading). I don't want to point fingers, so I'll just say that it's not Brent Tr0ckman's entry of the same date that also mentions Lord of the Rings. But it's right near it! I do not want to offend the author, it's a great message and the Lord can definitely speak to you through it. But if you come across the line: "Remember the Lord of the Rings?" at the beginning of a paragraph. DO NOT READ THE NEXT SENTENCE! Skip over it and proceed. Tolkien didn't develop such an unestimated and momentous ending for nothing.  Smiley

"Better is the end of a thing than the beginning thereof." Ecclesiastes 7:8
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12
  Print  

Jump to: