AssemblyBoard
May 19, 2024, 01:33:36 am *
The board has been closed to new content. It is available as a searchable archive only. This information will remain available indefinitely.

I can be reached at brian@tucker.name

For a repository of informational articles and current information on The Assembly, see http://www.geftakysassembly.com

Home   Search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12
  Print  
Author Topic: IT IS TRUE!!!  (Read 88457 times)
jesusfreak

Email
« Reply #135 on: January 25, 2003, 05:03:09 am »

I am really sorry to see you so supporting these men in SLO, Jesusfreak.  I understand it is the assembly teaching, etc., however, let's not be stupid here.  The issue that was going on in SLO we have all read about.  These men KNOW who they called liars, slanderers, etc, etc, etc.  It is ridiculous to think that these women/men who were spoken of in these ways should go to these men and tell them they were offended.  

I am standing for my brethern in Christ.  If they have fallen, what good would a brother be who would not be there to catch them and help them to their feet?  I pray that whatever sins have come between themeselves and God, they would repent and return to God.  Until than (and always) i pray that the Lord will guide them back to himself.

Do not mistake this caring for condolence toward whatever sins have occured.
Kimberley Tobin
« Reply #136 on: January 25, 2003, 07:02:45 am »

A brother that watches while men of leadership who have sinned against the Lord's people and supports it by simply offering a word of encouragement or demanding that the one offended come forth before apologies are offered, is to me, complicit in their sin.  A brother who, when he knows there are things wrong in the doctrine and yet says, "I will just submit to the leadership, the Lord will honor me, as they know more than I do" is complicit in their sin.  The events that are unfolding provides a moment in time of grace.  An opportunity to cleanse God's house and makes things right.  The attitude of "I will stand by my brethren, whatever the cost" is foolishness.  This is the kind of foolishness that leads to men like Jim Jones.  Are you willing to go to your death for these men (regardless if this is God's will for your life?)  You might say that this is a bit far reaching, you are wrong.  Jim Jones began as a right on born again christian.  He evolved.  This is where this ministry is headed if they do not take this time of grace and cleanse God's house.
sue xander

Email
« Reply #137 on: January 25, 2003, 07:15:37 am »

Hear Hear Kim!
jesusfreak

Email
« Reply #138 on: January 25, 2003, 07:41:15 am »

Quote from: Kimberley Tobin
The attitude of "I will stand by my brethren, whatever the cost" is foolishness.  This is the kind of foolishness that leads to men like Jim Jones.  Are you willing to go to your death for these men (regardless if this is God's will for your life?)

I am sitting here and wondering where you pulled this from.  I believe that i have made quite clear that i am following God's Will by loving all his children, standing for each and every one in prayer and deed.  When God leads, i would give anything He requests.  

Needless to say, i do not live for Man nor this World.  I live to be an empty vessel fit for my Master's (our Lord Jesus Christ) use.  

Sister, it seems that i have offended you by posting my thoughts and what the Lord has shown me on this subject, forgive me.  I pray that you will soon find peace.
Kimberley Tobin
« Reply #139 on: January 25, 2003, 08:34:47 am »

JF:  Where I pulled this from?  Study cults.  Read Enroth's book, "Churchs that Abuse", the "Assembly" is in there.  Read books on spiritual abuse, there are others (there is suggested reading on the main page of this website.)  That is where I "pulled" this from.  The only "church" you have known, if I read your posts correctly, is the "assembly".  You need to do some reading, apart from the accepted "assembly" reading.  

There is some VERY WRONG doctrine and practices taught in the assembly.  I can see it through your posts.  I am not arguing with you.  I am contending for your soul.  I love you as your sister in Christ.  I am not Diabolos (this is not what you have called me, I want to make that clear, that is what is tauted in the assembly, as these events are unfolding, I know it is happening in the Assembly I was formerly a member in.)

You don't understand.  I have had the greatest of peace since I LEFT THE ASSEMBLY.  I am at complete peace.  I am distressed for those who unquestioningly follow after the teachings of a place like the "assembly".   You are young.  You don't see it.  Wait until you have a wife and children.  I hope it won't come to that.

May God lead you in His perfect will.

Your sister in Christ,

Kimberley
« Last Edit: January 25, 2003, 08:36:46 am by Kimberley Tobin » Logged
sue xander

Email
« Reply #140 on: January 25, 2003, 08:51:31 am »

Hi there Jesus Freak!  Who are you?  Are you a leading brother?  Please identify yourself.....it might be easier to see where you are coming from!
sue xander

Email
« Reply #141 on: January 25, 2003, 08:55:05 am »

Jesus Freak you could not be Tom Cruise.........could you?  ha ha ha! Do identify yourself..........
jesusfreak

Email
« Reply #142 on: January 25, 2003, 09:13:48 am »

Hi there Jesus Freak!  Who are you?  Are you a leading brother?  Please identify yourself.....it might be easier to see where you are coming from!

You might even remeber me, my name is Luke Sturnfield and I fellowship out of Chicago.  Wink

Not a leading brother, nor someone who has been around as long as some, but one who seeks the Lord in all things.
sue xander

Email
« Reply #143 on: January 25, 2003, 09:15:40 am »

See I knew you were not Tom Cruise!  Thanks for identifying yourself!
sue xander

Email
« Reply #144 on: January 25, 2003, 09:19:44 am »

I very much remember you LUKE!   Grin

Actually I have been praying for you!  Keep your eyes open! Shocked

Lord Bless You!

Sue
« Last Edit: January 25, 2003, 09:20:21 am by sue xander » Logged
jesusfreak

Email
« Reply #145 on: January 25, 2003, 09:22:56 am »

I very much remember you LUKE!   Grin

Actually I have been praying for you!  Keep your eyes open! Shocked

I remeber you too, and thanks a ton for the prayers, Heaven knows I need them  Wink
sue xander

Email
« Reply #146 on: January 25, 2003, 09:25:19 am »

Hey I hear you are taller than me Luke!  ha ha ha  that must of took all but one day!  ha ha ha!  I know that you have made your parents very proud of you!  You should just put your name up and leave the Jesus Freak in ().  Be bold...put your name out there!    Ro. 8:1
freebird

Email
« Reply #147 on: January 25, 2003, 09:27:19 am »

Ya!!!!!!!!!

Hey Luke, do you still have your republican website up and running?  Your Dad told me about it.  You are a legend!!

Seriously, if you do, what is the address?

Garth
jesusfreak

Email
« Reply #148 on: January 25, 2003, 09:31:54 am »

Hey I hear you are taller than me Luke!  ha ha ha  that must of took all but one day!  ha ha ha!  I know that you have made your parents very proud of you!  You should just put your name up and leave the Jesus Freak in ().  Be bold...put your name out there!    Ro. 8:1

Yeah....I am taller than most people Smiley As for my parents, I think i have always made them proud, and I love them a lot (since they read this  Kiss)

As for the name bit, I will most likely get around to updating my profile, but i like the term "Jesus Freak" (simply because of that one song).  I will put my given name in with my avatar name though, for those who do not like calling someone a "freak"  Roll Eyes
jesusfreak

Email
« Reply #149 on: January 25, 2003, 09:34:17 am »

Ya!!!!!!!!!

Hey Luke, do you still have your republican website up and running?  Your Dad told me about it.  You are a legend!!

Seriously, if you do, what is the address?

Garth

Hahahah  oh man!  Yeah, it is www.IllinoisTARS.org . That is me to the far right of the picture for those interested.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2003, 09:35:52 am by jesusfreak » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12
  Print  

Jump to: