AssemblyBoard
May 05, 2024, 02:43:29 pm *
The board has been closed to new content. It is available as a searchable archive only. This information will remain available indefinitely.

I can be reached at brian@tucker.name

For a repository of informational articles and current information on The Assembly, see http://www.geftakysassembly.com

Home   Search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 12
  Print  
Author Topic: IT IS TRUE!!!  (Read 88307 times)
Danny Edwards

Email
« on: January 19, 2003, 10:47:40 am »

I know that it is hard to believe, but we have reconcilation has taken place between Brent and Suzie and the assembly in SLO.  Kirk though I have already asked you for forgiveness, I do so again for not actively pursuing your recommendations.  Rob, I ask for forgiveness from you for not being more aggressive with the concerns you brought up.  I know that I told both of you that more repentance was needed and we prayed multiple times that the truth would be exposed, my timetable was not the same, it was too slow, but the truth has been exposed and we acknowledge that the ‘big stick’ has hurt, but it was needed.  In our meeting today I said that I sinned by not following my own convictions of in the fall of 2001, that’s the time when Rob wrote and I am sure I was still meeting with Kirk.  I recognize now that I served the ministry of the assemblies more than the body of Christ in San Luis Obispo, this too was sin.  For those that I did not go out to that were stumbled in San Luis Obispo I ask your forgiveness as well, you can write me at tosetfree@sbcglobal.net if you want to meet with me personally.  

Yes there is a lot of damage done in San Luis Obispo and the Holy Spirit is grieved for our sins and ways.  We are going to be talking at a pastors prayer time sometime in the near future to ask for their forgiveness and we have already agreed to be accountable to the pastor of Calvary if he hears of any ways that are not in keeping with the unity of the Spirit, we will invite this from any of our brethren in this city.  

I am writing now because I believe that anything is possible with God and I know there is more healing to be pursued, but if we can get this far anything can happen.  I want to encourage those who are offended to go and tell, or write, or call, whoever you need to that you are offended and that you want reconciliation, Brent and Suzzie are coming to break bread with us tomorrow, that is unbelievable, but all of us have great peace in our hearts about this.  Many of you on this board I know fairly well and I have good memories of you.  Maybe it seems impossible, but I have prayed for this over and over.  

Let me have it or rejoice with me, I hopefully can respond in the Spirit.  

Danny Edwards
arusso

Email
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2003, 11:04:46 am »

Hi Danny

It is Aaron Russo.  Remember me?  Anyway, I am rejoicing at the latest news from SLO.  I got saved and came into fellowship through the assembly there.  The events of the past year or two have really caused me to agonize over what was going on in SLO when I was there and in the years after I left.  It would be really helpful to me if I could hear from someone there what has and is happening.  It would also help me to know how to pray for you all and the assembly here in Riverside.  I have been out of the assembly for a year and a half but have a lot of contact with the saints there, especially recently and probably in the near future.  Any input from you would be appreciated.  My e-mail address is brorusso@msn.com.  I would love to hear from you.

In His service

Aaron Russo
editor
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2003, 11:34:24 am »

Hello Aaron and Danny!  Whoa!  :oDanny! Cheesy

Well, if you haven't already noticed, it is a brand new day.  Tomorrow, we are going to publicly make everything known that was accomplished today.  Tomorrow on the web, details will begin to come out.  All of this will be made known, but we want to do this in the flesh (not "in the flesh", but in person) first!

Cyberspace has its limitations!

There is also great news from other gatherings.  A new day has dawned, and I don't mean that in the poetic, pretentious manner.  I am dead serious, God visited us in an amazing way today.

This is not over!  But we will now go forward in the light, with the grace of God as our help!  I am so happy!  but just a little bit tired.... Cool

Brent
His Kid

Email
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2003, 11:48:01 am »

Danny,

God will honor your humility. I'm so glad to hear from you. I still remember when you received Christ at Orange Coast College. Never be afraid of the truth. Jesus said He is the truth. You can't go wrong when you come face to face with Him.

Blessings on you and your family,

Ava
arusso

Email
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2003, 11:50:46 am »

Hi Ava

What are you doing up so late?  

Just kidding

Aaron
Danny E

Email
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2003, 12:25:11 pm »

Hi Ava, I hope that old relationships can be restored.

I always liked you and very much remember you from the Beach. Actually I got saved two months before OCC, but certainly was brand new.

Aaron I will write you when I have some time, I am swamped right now.  I hope you and Lucy are doing okay, say hi to her.  Danny E
Mark C.

Email
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2003, 10:38:12 pm »

Hi Danny!
  This is truly wonderful news!  I sense in your note that you understand there are those who will be skeptical re. this repentance and exactly what the nature of that repentance is.
   I think some of the scepticism could be removed by a specific explanation of what is being repented of.  Is the repentance just re. SLO and the Dave G. situation?  Do you see deeper issues that involve Assembly teaching and practices that led to the David G. sin?
   I don't say these things to "let you have it" or in any kind of mean spirit, but I think there needs to be clarity here to not only remove scepticism, but to really see full clearing of the matter.  
   I think the fact that you are being entreated of the Christian community in SLO will be a great help.  I would also urge entreatability from those who have been offended by the works of GG, as to the serious foundational errors re. teaching and practice.  I believe the latter will have deeper insight than the former as to the subtle principles of abuse in the Asssemblies.
   God is indeed doing wonderful things!
                                 God Bless,  Mark Campbell
Scott McCumber

Email
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2003, 11:37:47 pm »

Ecellent post, Mark. I'm a little concerned about the tone here since last night. Namely, that since three or four of the LBs at this one particular local assembly have repented (of what I'm hoping we'll find out later) that everything is going to be OK now.

This is not a San Luis Obispo issue. This is a Geftakys ministry issue. At the top of the list is accountability for the Geftakys clan, removal of them from the ministry, then for accountability and repentance of leadership across the country followed by sweeping reform of pattern and doctrine.

The things that happened in SLO were not only due to the particularly weak character of the Geftakyses, but to a flawed and dangerous doctrine propagated by a charismatic leader. That is more dangerous to more people than anything that happened in any one particular gathering.

The SLO repentance is important. And huge if true. But it is merely a step in a greater process.

Scott McCumber
formerly of Tuscola IL
H

Email
« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2003, 11:39:48 pm »

Excellent point, Mark! I don't think I could have put it any better myself. Why don't we all pray that the Lord would open the eyes, not just of the leading brothers at SLO, but of all the saints in all the assemblies to "the serious foundational errors re. teaching and practice." After all, "with God all things are possible." (Matt. 19:26)
Keep up the good work!
In Christ,

H  
Don Evans

Email
« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2003, 01:07:13 am »

Danny,

Thanks for being open, honest, and willing to admit wrong. May God bless you and yours. I am especially amazed and excited about inviting those from Calvary to help. "Nothing is too hard for God." I'll be praying for you.

Love,

Don
Peacefulg

Email
« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2003, 01:59:24 am »

Hi Danny, want to say ditto, to all that the others have said.  And will continue to pray for you Kimber and familys healing from all that you have been through and will go through.  Lord has been faithful to me and many others, so I know he will be faithful to you.

YBITL
George Allen
Rachel

Email
« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2003, 02:20:56 am »

Scott,

I am with you.  I am encouraged that the SLO Leading Brothers are making steps.  (Note:  I have not recieved any apology from them but I am assured it is in the works.)  I am also encouraged to hear the steps others, saints and leadership alike, are making in such assemblies as Arcata.  However, I would once again reiterate, the abuse to me and my mother was a symptom of a problem that permeated the entire ministry.  I have still not heard of any true repentance from Mike Zach in the mid-west, nor has others complicit in the abuse, such as Tim Geftakys and Mark Miller, to my knowledge, taken responsiblity for their part and done the right thing by stepping down from leadership positions.  I also would like to note there have been other stories of abuse besides mine that are still hiden.  I would like the events taking place in SLO to be an encouragement to all victims of past abuse in the assembly, that telling the truth, telling your story can shine light and make a difference.  Please, come forward with your stories, now.  Now is the time when there is an open door for a real clearing throughout the entire ministry but the victims need to be bold and tell their stories so that corruption can not be hidden and overlook during this time of unprecedented openness.  

Rachel Steepleton
Peacefulg

Email
« Reply #12 on: January 20, 2003, 02:51:07 am »

Rachel, very well put sister.  When I talk to those still in, I too continue to encourge them to push the issue of the others in leadership to repent and come clean (again Lord Bless you Danny).

When I talk to people still in they mentioned that this and that was said about George and Betty, but I never hear about you two.

To me it seems that some brothers intend to use George and Betty as scapegoats, so they do not have to come clean themselves.  They are screaming from the hilltops George was this and that, did this and that, but at the same time not admitting their own part in this tangled web that was weaved with their help/knowledge.  It is sad to think these men are going to miss the grace and mercy afforded to them to repent.

I'll get off my "soapbox now."

Lord Bless,
George
trockman

Email
« Reply #13 on: January 20, 2003, 10:12:18 am »

Hello All

I have just read this thread, and I must say you all have valid points.  Let me assure you that your concerns were clearly communicated by yours truly, in front of witnesses both today and yesterday.  I am fully convinced that true repentance, especially including reparations to Judy will happen VERY soon.

As for leadership stepping down, every single leader in Fullerton did just that, and something similar happened in SLO.  Please be patient!

I worked for over 2 years collecting information in the exposure stage of this, and I have only had part of one day to gather info in the repentance stage.  it's a bit of work.  Use the telephone.  Ask these guys yourselves, and let them know what your concerns are.  If you think they are going to be allowed to skate, or have scapegoats, think again.  Godly men from outside are now involved, and this thing will go forward.  

You all have my word that I will do everything in my power to see it through.  I can expose much more if need be, but I trust that this will all come out on its own at the present time.  

I don't think things would improve if we roasted George and Betty over an open fire, and raided his offshore accounts and gave all to Judy.  I think we need to let God work out the roasting, while we see to the reparations!

Brent
trockman

Email
« Reply #14 on: January 20, 2003, 10:32:56 am »

You know,  another thing I just noticed:

People are starting to use their real names on this BB.  wow! Grin

We can all come out of hiding!  We are free!  It's nice out here!

Brent
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 12
  Print  

Jump to: